11-04-2011, 11:55 PM
Friday 7:30 November 11 @ Waller ISD

(8-2) Sealy v (9-1) Navasota

HEMOTOXIC
11-05-2011, 12:39 AM
Ttt.

navscanmaster
11-05-2011, 02:35 AM
Sigh....stuck in Midland till the Wednesday after that. Guess I will have to listen to it online and hope for round 2.

tiger pride
11-05-2011, 08:44 AM
I believe Navasota will win this game. I just think overall, Navasota has a more balanced team than Sealy.

wimbo_pro
11-05-2011, 09:13 AM
I believe Navasota will win this game. I just think overall, Navasota has a more balanced team than Sealy.

Attaboy, Tiger Pride. You know some of your players read this board, don't you? I am sure they will appreciate your confidence in them. Sheesh. Now, I hope they win and prove you wrong!! Go Tigers!!!

tiger pride
11-05-2011, 09:24 AM
Wimbo
I've gone to Sealy games when we had the longest losing streak in the state in the 70's and I 've watched 5 state championships. If I say it appears to me that I believe Navasota has a more talented team than Sealy, that does not mean I do not support my team.

I happen to thinik Navasota is a talented team. Guess what, I believe they are more talented than wimberley. We have played you both last yr and this yr in a scrimmage and a game.

I am not disrespecting my team. I just don't sugar coat my thoughts.

Go start a thread about how great wimberley is or better yet, go fly a kite.

wimbo_pro
11-05-2011, 09:26 AM
I am not disrespecting my team. I just don't sugar coat my thoughts.

Go start a thread about how great wimberley is or better yet, go fly a kite.

Didn't say you were disrespecting your team...said you weren't showing any confidence in your team, on a board that they read. As far as starting a thread...already did. LOL

tiger pride
11-05-2011, 09:32 AM
The confidance level of a poster on this board is irrelevant to the outcome of a game.

The royal posters were very confidant against sealy and bellville. They lost both games by a combined score of 76-19.

It seems to me you are experiencing a little butt hurt because I called you out and told you to call jimmy. BTW, I really think you should. He would pobably like to hear from you. Ha Ha.

Old Tiger
11-05-2011, 09:34 AM
What an exciting match up! Would love to make this one!

wimbo_pro
11-05-2011, 09:35 AM
The confidance level of a poster on this board is irrelevant to the outcome of a game.

You'll have to do much better than that to "hurt" me. But to the point...your boys read this board, at least some of them do...and you can be sure your confidence in them sticks in their head. Fire from behind...wow...thats gotta sting.

tiger pride
11-05-2011, 09:40 AM
In Sealy, we had a legend named "Blue" who was "Mr Football" in our community. He predicted many games each week in the local paper; including the sealy game. There were times when he predicted sealy would lose.

When I played and Blue predicted we would lose, I did not see it as a lack of confidance. I saw it as motivition and I also respected the fact that he knew football and that we were in for a tough game.

Go powder puff your team.

wimbo_pro
11-05-2011, 09:41 AM
Go powder puff your team.

Them are fightin' words!!!! LOL

sTxforlife
11-05-2011, 10:30 AM
I like this, let everybody pick Sealy as the underdog, that's how we like it. I believe Sealy will win this game and it'll be a close one, we have come a very long ways since the scrimmage in August. I think that in the end Seals Jones and Davis, plus our many other offensive weapons will be too much for Navasota's defense. With that said I look for it to be a very hard fought and well played game by both sides. I predict Sealy to win 31-27.

OldBison75
11-05-2011, 10:35 AM
I agree that this will be a close game and the winner will probably be the last team with the ball. The difference could be the kicking problems the Navasota team has had on XP and field goals. Barron has normally been very dependable but has had alot of problems lately. If Navasota give away points on the XP and can't get that part of the game in order, Sealy may win this game. I don't see either team winning by more than 6 points.

HEMOTOXIC
11-05-2011, 10:44 AM
We have been done this road before. New year same out come.

I have seen both teams play. Sealy's offense will not be too much for the Rattlers. Don't get me wrong, it will take a good defensive effort from Navasota, but, Navasota has seen better offensive threats than Seals Jones, Davis, etc.

XP's are key in a big game, but, IMO Navasota will have enough of a lead that if he misses a couple it will not matter. Will Sealy be able to stop Navasota's offensive weapons is the question that the Sealy faithful should be asking.

wimbo_pro
11-05-2011, 10:45 AM
I like this, let everybody pick Sealy as the underdog, that's how we like it. I believe Sealy will win this game and it'll be a close one, we have come a very long ways since the scrimmage in August. I think that in the end Seals Jones and Davis, plus our many other offensive weapons will be too much for Navasota's defense. With that said I look for it to be a very hard fought and well played game by both sides. I predict Sealy to win 31-27.

I am rootin' for Sealy in this one!

pirate4state
11-05-2011, 10:57 AM

The royal posters were very confidant against sealy and bellville. They lost both games by a combined score of 76-19.

It seems to me you are experiencing a little butt hurt because I called you out and told you to call jimmy. BTW, I really think you should. He would pobably like to hear from you. Ha Ha.. Lol @ the thought of wimbo on the phone with Mitchell. And guys, if you are gonna talk about my boy, get it right...his name is spelled Jimmie!!!

wimbo_pro
11-05-2011, 10:59 AM
. Lol @ the thought of wimbo on the phone with Mitchell. And guys, if you are gonna talk about my boy, get it right...his name is spelled Jimmie!!!

lol...my only words would be...HIS KNEE TOUCHED!!! lol

Manso/V8
11-05-2011, 11:36 AM
.....Navasota has seen better offensive threats than Seals Jones, Davis, etc.

IMO, the combo of Seals-Jones and Davis was the toughest offensive threat we faced this year. Individually they are really good, but having to account for both them on every play is the real challenge, and Sealy has other playmakers as well. I'm not calling you out, but curious who Navasota faced this year that are bigger offfensive threats than Seals-Jones and Davis?

HEMOTOXIC
11-05-2011, 12:41 PM
IMO, the combo of Seals-Jones and Davis was the toughest offensive threat we faced this year. Individually they are really good, but having to account for both them on every play is the real challenge, and Sealy has other playmakers as well. I'm not calling you out, but curious who Navasota faced this year that are bigger offfensive threats than Seals-Jones and Davis?

4A (8-2) district champ Willis for one. Have you seen the Wildkats play?

Was Sealy the toughest opponent that Bellville faced?

HEMOTOXIC
11-05-2011, 12:52 PM
So many times, teams believe that their ream is the "real deal" until the lose. Then, the team that beat them becomes the "real deal". Could it be that neither are the "real deal"? That both are good teams but aren't really the teams that they thought that they were?

And before anyone reads too much into what I just typed, that includes my Rattlers too.

As I stated last year, we will see what happens on the field. I have seen both teams play and I like Navasota in this one. If I believed that Sealy were the better team, I would have chosen the Tigers. Its as simple as that.

tiger pride
11-05-2011, 01:47 PM
Hemo
I believe the real deal in div I is Chapel Hill. I believe the div II champion(real deal) will come from district 16.

Manso/V8
11-05-2011, 02:29 PM
4A (8-2) district champ Willis for one. Have you seen the Wildkats play?

Was Sealy the toughest opponent that Bellville faced?

I forgot about your Willis game.......haven't seen them play.
Were they overall a potent offense, did they have some standout individuals, or both?

Sealy was by far the toughest opponent we faced this year. It was a close defensive battle with neither team ever taking full control of the game. They are our biggest rival, a rivalry that runs generations deep. Sealy played really well on defense and shut our running game down and we didn't have an answer, they had more more big game experience, home field advantage, etc. It was the first and only game this year that we were behind at any point. Take out the rivarly factor and home field advantage and they would have still been our toughest opponent.

No other team really challenged us this year. Luling had a big size advantage on us, that was a learning curve. Cuero, though down this year, was still a good team with size but lacked standout skill players. Sweeny had some good athletes and real speed.
La Grange hadn't put things together yet and we pretty well dominated them 48-3, but I think the current La Grange team would have been more of a challenge. We dominated Caldwell, Needville, Columbus, Royal, and Stafford.
Hopefully, we can put up a W against Giddings and march on to Coldspring.

EHSgrad89
11-05-2011, 04:26 PM
This will be a great matchup. I have only seen Navasota play a couple of times this year, and only know about Sealy by hear-say. So based on that, no trash-talk coming from me. Navasota's O is a threat both passing and running. They have a great line and great skill kids. Quarterback seems to be very confident. As for the Navasota D, they are good. Quick to fly to the football and come off of blocks. As for Sealy, I have heard the same thing. One question though, what happened in the Stafford game? I just heard about the score and was wondering if they have gotten that much better or were there too many mistakes. I feel that Navasota takes this game in a very tight contest, but anything can happen in playoff football. Best of luck to both squads, coaches, and communities. May the Hand of God be over the athletes to keep you all safe.

Bambam
11-05-2011, 06:38 PM
Is waller ISD towards the Hemstead area off 290? Huffman plays Saturday night and would like to get out and watch this gr8 matchup

Manso/V8
11-05-2011, 07:10 PM
Is waller ISD towards the Hemstead area off 290? Huffman plays Saturday night and would like to get out and watch this gr8 matchup

Waller is about 10 miles or so southeast of Hempstead on 290.

HEMOTOXIC
11-05-2011, 09:46 PM
Hemo
I believe the real deal in div I is Chapel Hill. I believe the div II champion(real deal) will come from district 16.

Thanks for the update. I know who the Real Deal is...I saw them live last season.... Again, thanks.

HEMOTOXIC
11-05-2011, 09:48 PM
I forgot about your Willis game.......haven't seen them play.
Were they overall a potent offense, did they have some standout individuals, or both?

Sealy was by far the toughest opponent we faced this year. It was a close defensive battle with neither team ever taking full control of the game. They are our biggest rival, a rivalry that runs generations deep. Sealy played really well on defense and shut our running game down and we didn't have an answer, they had more more big game experience, home field advantage, etc. It was the first and only game this year that we were behind at any point. Take out the rivarly factor and home field advantage and they would have still been our toughest opponent.

No other team really challenged us this year. Luling had a big size advantage on us, that was a learning curve. Cuero, though down this year, was still a good team with size but lacked standout skill players. Sweeny had some good athletes and real speed.
La Grange hadn't put things together yet and we pretty well dominated them 48-3, but I think the current La Grange team would have been more of a challenge. We dominated Caldwell, Needville, Columbus, Royal, and Stafford.
Hopefully, we can put up a W against Giddings and march on to Coldspring.

Willis has an outstanding trio at QB, RB, and WR...

Sealy will challenge any team that they face.

Bellville is playing Giddings, correct? Watch for the sweeps, misdirection, and screen passes (more to the RB coming out the backfield). Bellville plays good enough defense to stop the Buffaloes.

HEMOTOXIC
11-06-2011, 08:07 AM
ttt.

Manso/V8
11-06-2011, 10:44 AM
. Lol @ the thought of wimbo on the phone with Mitchell. And guys, if you are gonna talk about my boy, get it right...his name is spelled Jimmie!!!
Have you got Jimmie's cell number? I had in my phone and that phone fritzed out on me. I like to keep him on speed dial......just in case.

HEMOTOXIC
11-06-2011, 08:29 PM
Wow, where is everyone?

navscanmaster
11-06-2011, 11:41 PM
Wow, where is everyone?Waiting for teetle to let us know what Jimmie has in store for us.

Manso/V8
11-07-2011, 12:27 AM
Wow, where is everyone?

Waiting for you to give us a breakdown so I can make a educated prediction.

HEMOTOXIC
11-07-2011, 07:19 AM
Waiting for you to give us a breakdown so I can make a educated prediction.

No breakdowns needed. It's the playoffs and we know that anything can happen. Navasota and Sealy are very atheletic. This game will come to which defense can step up to the challenge.

Can the Tigers stop Navasota's versitile offense with consistency? The Rattlers have a high powered offense and can score very quickly. Navasota will have to use their best players in their rightful position if the Rattlers are to win. Navasota will have to get after Sealy early. In the two games this year where the Rattlers trailed at the half (Willis 35-14 and Giddings 16-6), the Rattlers defense was having trouble with the run. In the Willis game, although the Rattlers loss 35-28, the Wildkats stopped the Rattlers on the 1 yrd line as time expired. The Willis game turns out not to look so bad considering the 4A Wildkats are 8-2 and are district champs. Like the Willis game, the Rattlers were able to shut out the Buffs in the second half. Navasota outscored the Buffs 21-0 in the second half to win 27-16.

If Sealy is to win, they will need to score their points early. Navasota's defense, for the most part, gets stronger in the second half. Nothing against Sealy, but the biggest question will be how Sealy's defense matches up with Navasota's offense. So far, the only time that I have seen Navasota's offense getting stopped was because they stopped themselves. Navasota will have to play their best RB's in order to be successful.

HEMOTOXIC
11-07-2011, 10:25 AM
Waiting for teetle to let us know what Jimmie has in store for us.

I'm sure that he will tell us exactly what Jimmie has for us.:stirpot:

Ranger Mom
11-07-2011, 10:42 AM
Sigh....stuck in Midland till the Wednesday after that. Guess I will have to listen to it online and hope for round 2.

Why are you in Midland?

buff4ever
11-07-2011, 11:51 AM
I got Navasota in this one. They will prove to me too much for Sealy. Navasota has plenty of talent, and if they stay in the game they will find a way to win. Even if it means a 90 yard fumble return on a FG attempt and a funny bounce off of receiving team and they recover on a punt.:):crying:

HEMOTOXIC
11-07-2011, 12:15 PM
I got Navasota in this one. They will prove to me too much for Sealy. Navasota has plenty of talent, and if they stay in the game they will find a way to win. Even if it means a 90 yard fumble return on a FG attempt and a funny bounce off of receiving team and they recover on a punt.:):crying:

:iagree:

hookandladder
11-07-2011, 12:16 PM
I am really impressed with SJ and Davis however I have to go with Navasota, they have more athlete's on the field and can really spread it out and score very quickly. SJ and Davis will get their yards but in the end Navasota's just has to many athlete's and will slow down SJ and Davis to get the win, no predicted score needed it is the playoffs so one point is all you need . Should be a great game.

tiger pride
11-07-2011, 12:31 PM
As I have stated, I believe navasota will win. However, if this game is close in the 4th qtr, I believe Sealy has a very good chance to prevail.

Sealy has played their best ball against the best competition late in games. This year, Sealy has played to the level of the competition. The bigger the game, the better they play.

Against St Pius, with a one score lead and against the top rated jr qb in the state of texas who is committed to a&m, Sealy seals the win with a interception deep in tiger territory.

Against wimberley, trailing 28-21. Sealy gets the ball back with 1:17 left on the clock in the 4th and drives 87 yds in 1:10 to make score 28-27. We were originally going to kick pat, but our freshman kicker could not find the tee. We then decided to go for 2 and were stopped on the 2 point conversion.

Against Bellville, with 2:49 to play, Sealy blocks a punt and then on the next play, throws a 40 yd td to take the lead. Ironically, I can say that everyone in the stands around me was saying not to go for the block and set up the return. We had gained a lot of confidence in our team to be able to drive the field and score after the wimberley game.

Just saying, if it is close(7 points or less), then I will like Sealy's chances. If navasota gets on Sealy early and goes into 4th qtr with 14point or greater lead, then I believe Navasota will win.

garciap77
11-07-2011, 12:34 PM
Tigers by 56 or more points!!!

Chillfan
11-07-2011, 01:10 PM
Im rooting for Navasota. Maybe we can meet again in about 3 weeks. Good luck Rattlers!!!!

HEMOTOXIC
11-07-2011, 01:55 PM
Im rooting for Navasota. Maybe we can meet again in about 3 weeks. Good luck Rattlers!!!!

Thanks CHILLFAN, but we are not looking forward to seeing the Bulldogs again.

Old Tiger
11-07-2011, 01:57 PM
Wow, where is everyone?sup?

Chillfan
11-07-2011, 02:11 PM
Thanks CHILLFAN, but we are not looking forward to seeing the Bulldogs again.

Hemo, Im sure we will be looking at a better game this year. The Rattlers will be wanting revenge. Never know...

HEMOTOXIC
11-07-2011, 04:50 PM
sup?

Where are all the Sealy folks?

HEMOTOXIC
11-07-2011, 04:51 PM
Hemo, Im sure we will be looking at a better game this year. The Rattlers will be wanting revenge. Never know...

We will see about that. Task #1, beat Sealy!

sTxforlife
11-07-2011, 09:23 PM
Where are all the Sealy folks?
That is an excellent question it seems like myself, tiger pride and tiger dad are the only people alive in tigerland, im surprised we havent heard from teetle yet.

wimbo_pro
11-07-2011, 09:34 PM
Wimberley by 21.

HEMOTOXIC
11-07-2011, 09:38 PM
That is an excellent question it seems like myself, tiger pride and tiger dad are the only people alive in tigerland, im surprised we havent heard from teetle yet.

I'm sure that we will... He's going to embrace us on Thursday. I can't wait, this is going to be a great game.

sTxforlife
11-07-2011, 09:54 PM
I'm sure that we will... He's going to embrace us on Thursday. I can't wait, this is going to be a great game.
Haha yea he cant stay away for long and yes i sure hope it is!

Manso/V8
11-07-2011, 10:27 PM
If Sealy is to win, they will need to score their points early. Navasota's defense, for the most part, gets stronger in the second half. Nothing against Sealy, but the biggest question will be how Sealy's defense matches up with Navasota's offense. So far, the only time that I have seen Navasota's offense getting stopped was because they stopped themselves. Navasota will have to play their best RB's in order to be successful.

Navasota does have more athletes, they may be faster, but they are not as powerful as Seals-Jones and Davis. Sealy tends to play to the level of competition, and this will probably be their toughest competition to date? The Navasota defense may get stronger against other teams, but the powerful running style of Davis and the elusiveness of Seals-Jones will likely wear the Navasota defense down in the second half. I think it is the Rattlers who need to score the points early.......because if the game is close in the 4th quarter, there is a good chance that Sealy will make a late charge and put the Rattlers' in danger of letting this one slip away.

Manso/V8
11-07-2011, 10:31 PM
Wimberley by 21.
Yall circling the wagons again? Careful not to jerk the reins too hard!

Manso/V8
11-07-2011, 10:44 PM
As I have stated, I believe navasota will win. However, if this game is close in the 4th qtr, I believe Sealy has a very good chance to prevail.

Sealy has played their best ball against the best competition late in games. This year, Sealy has played to the level of the competition. The bigger the game, the better they play.

Against St Pius, with a one score lead and against the top rated jr qb in the state of texas who is committed to a&m, Sealy seals the win with a interception deep in tiger territory.

Against wimberley, trailing 28-21. Sealy gets the ball back with 1:17 left on the clock in the 4th and drives 87 yds in 1:10 to make score 28-27. We were originally going to kick pat, but our freshman kicker could not find the tee. We then decided to go for 2 and were stopped on the 2 point conversion.

Against Bellville, with 2:49 to play, Sealy blocks a punt and then on the next play, throws a 40 yd td to take the lead. Ironically, I can say that everyone in the stands around me was saying not to go for the block and set up the return. We had gained a lot of confidence in our team to be able to drive the field and score after the wimberley game.

Just saying, if it is close(7 points or less), then I will like Sealy's chances. If navasota gets on Sealy early and goes into 4th qtr with 14point or greater lead, then I believe Navasota will win.

I agree with your assesment. If it is close in the 4th quarter Sealy's chance for the win increases. I'm not so sure it was the blocked punt that won the game against Bellville......at that point Sealy's offense was starting to rev up, and the chances that yall would drive the field were pretty good.

HEMOTOXIC
11-07-2011, 11:49 PM
Navasota does have more athletes, they may be faster, but they are not as powerful as Seals-Jones and Davis. Sealy tends to play to the level of competition, and this will probably be their toughest competition to date? The Navasota defense may get stronger against other teams, but the powerful running style of Davis and the elusiveness of Seals-Jones will likely wear the Navasota defense down in the second half. I think it is the Rattlers who need to score the points early.......because if the game is close in the 4th quarter, there is a good chance that Sealy will make a late charge and put the Rattlers' in danger of letting this one slip away.

:clap:LOL @ the powerful part.

From what I have seen, Sealy doesn't have the type of shut down defense to stop Navasota. Slow them down, maybe. Of course, with Bellville being a run first type of offense, it isn't hard to guess what play is coming up next. I was at the Bellville/Sealy game, and I wasn't impressed by either. IMO, Bellville has a very, very long way to be as good as Liberty Hill running the slot t. I have been trying to remain silent, but, you keep adding such non sense. Is it because the Brahmas loss to the Tigers? Or maybe you really believe what you have typed. Maybe, the Brahmas aren't as good as you think they are/were. Just a reminder, we did scrimmage Sealy. Navasota has improved and I am sure that Tigers have as well. But, going from a 4-1 srimmage final, do you think that Sealy has improved that much and Navasota hasn't? IMO, Sealy was a better team last year. And, guess what? I believe that Navasota is better team this year than last.

As far as Seals Jones and Davis goes, I like Navasota's chances. Davis didn't beat Navasota last year and I don't think that he will this year either. If they are planning to play Jones both ways, it will be a very long night for him. Correct me if I am wrong, but 11 is greater than 2. And, if we allow a QB and RB to wear us down, we don't deserve to win.

BTW, for the record, I didn't say that Seals Jones or Davis wasn't good. Maybe, with the right defense, they aren't so powerful.:)

Bull's-eye
11-08-2011, 01:02 AM
I haven't seen the Rattlers, but I have watched Sealy twice. The Seals-Jones & Davis combo is hard to defend. They do a good job of playing off each other, defenses get fooled as who has the ball. Against Columbus, RS-J made first downs at will & Davis was breaking tackles all night long. Bellville actually did a good job of containing RS-J (80 yds rushing) & making sure they wrapped up on Davis. I mistakenly took the Tiger defense as being not very good, but a closer look shows that a lot of their opponents were racking up yardage after the game was out of hand.

Watching the Bellville/Sealy game, I wasn't that impressed with either offense. Both teams played better defense than I had expected, maybe being huge rivals had something to do with the defensive intensity of the game. The Bellville Slot-t was not at its best, don't remember too many mis-direction or reverse type plays from the backs. Maybe if you would of seen how their offense performed against LG, you might think a little different.

This game is all about match-ups & adjustments. After watching a LG team that appeared to lack speed at the skill positions, I was amazed at how they even stayed close to Navasota. Looking at how the Rattlers routed Smithville, makes you wonder how the Tigers could defeat Giddings & play LG into OT. Forget about what happened in the scrimmage, I thought Wharton was going to be decent after watching them scrimmage Bellville. I'm sure most coaches want to win scrimmages, but they also are trying out new plays, different combinations, shuffling players at different positions, etc. Also, special teams are a big part of any football game, but they have no bearing on most scrimmages.

Good luck to both teams, wished they would play this game on Saturday so I could see what I expect to be one of the best games of the year. Too bad these teams have to meet in the first round, this would make a great regional final.

gameface
11-08-2011, 05:30 AM
Tigers led by prolike jones wins by 7 versus rattlers. Should be nice dogfight but qb leadership & skill level trumps any venom strength.

HEMOTOXIC
11-08-2011, 07:13 AM
Good Luck to Both Teams!

Go Snakes!

buff4ever
11-08-2011, 09:20 AM
Navasota wins this game by 10. If Giddings plays good ball for 4 quarters against bellville, then I am calling for a district sweep this week.

957tiger
11-08-2011, 09:38 AM
As always it's interesting and entertaining how Sealy seems to get the underdog title every week. From the Kashmere game to Royal if the score was not a blow out then Sealy was not as good as expected or advertised. Coach Mitchell from the begining had some doubts about this season. Even with two game changers on the field, there were serious questions about the supporting cast. Tiger teams of the past were bigger and faster. The offensive lines were polished and able to open holes for the RB's. The defense was fast and hard hitters. The quarterbacks were solid. Cody Barrett rewrote the record books. Many players from the current Jimmie Mitchell led teams are now playing on Saturday afternoons. And yes the Tigers have yet to advance pass the second round. Getting into the play-offs has been a simplier process since the split. Advancing not so easy. Many supporters looked at the current team and said a 6-4 or 7-3 season would be in store for the Tigers this year. Some said the same thing many posters are now saying, that the Tigers can't win with just two players. But the Tigers have quietly continued to improve. They faced injuries to key players all the while developing players and now they find themselves in the playoffs...again.

This team is dangerous. Simply because they never give up. Yes the dynamic duo will control the tempo of any game. But since the Canyon Lake game this team has shown they are more than a one trick pony. Our passing game now compliments the running game. We had more passing yards last week then we did running. If an opponent chooses to ignore that area well, thank you in advance. Yes this is an under sized team, yet they have handled any and all comers. Just ask Wimberley who is set to run deep into the playoffs if the Tigers gave them all they could handle. We have fought through season ending injuries to position changes and still came out on top at the end of the game. I for one have admired this edition of Tigerball. Don't tell them they are undersized, slow, not able to cover downfield or ha ha over-rated as some here have implied. It just won't work with these guys. To much pride. This game will be different than last year. This team has a unified vision, not of greatness but of never giving up and that my friends is dangerous to anyone who underestimates the Sealy Tigers.

wimbo_pro
11-08-2011, 10:20 AM
Yall circling the wagons again? Careful not to jerk the reins too hard!

LOLOL...rein jerkers!!!

wimbo_pro
11-08-2011, 10:22 AM
This team is dangerous. Simply because they never give up. Yes the dynamic duo will control the tempo of any game.

The man speaks the truth on this one.

Old Tiger
11-08-2011, 12:05 PM
Where are all the Sealy folks?Making mattresses

Manso/V8
11-08-2011, 12:25 PM
:clap:LOL @ the powerful part.

From what I have seen, Sealy doesn't have the type of shut down defense to stop Navasota. Slow them down, maybe. Of course, with Bellville being a run first type of offense, it isn't hard to guess what play is coming up next. I was at the Bellville/Sealy game, and I wasn't impressed by either. IMO, Bellville has a very, very long way to be as good as Liberty Hill running the slot t. I have been trying to remain silent, but, you keep adding such non sense. Is it because the Brahmas loss to the Tigers? Or maybe you really believe what you have typed. Maybe, the Brahmas aren't as good as you think they are/were. Just a reminder, we did scrimmage Sealy. Navasota has improved and I am sure that Tigers have as well. But, going from a 4-1 srimmage final, do you think that Sealy has improved that much and Navasota hasn't? IMO, Sealy was a better team last year. And, guess what? I believe that Navasota is better team this year than last.

As far as Seals Jones and Davis goes, I like Navasota's chances. Davis didn't beat Navasota last year and I don't think that he will this year either. If they are planning to play Jones both ways, it will be a very long night for him. Correct me if I am wrong, but 11 is greater than 2. And, if we allow a QB and RB to wear us down, we don't deserve to win.

BTW, for the record, I didn't say that Seals Jones or Davis wasn't good. Maybe, with the right defense, they aren't so powerful.:)

You are like a coiled viper trapped in the corner, striking out and emitting too much venom....careful, that makes the viper vulnerable. I didn't even make a game prediction, I just said that the RSJ and Davis combo is dangerous and you go railing off about the Bellville Slot-T......which I didn't even mention, and certainly not comparing to the LH teams earlier in the decade, and I am not comparing Bellville to Navasota......we are 9-1 after a 2-8 season, we are happy. I hope we can get past Giddings.

If you think a pre-season scrimmage is something to hang your hat on, then throw up some common game opponent stats..........they don't prove anything, but they certainly show more than a 4-1 scrimmage. I saw Navasoto play 7on7, I know yall have some very good athletes and a balanced attack, and the Rattlers are favored in this game.....but some other teams non 4A teams have given you a run for the money this year.......LG comes to mind. I'm just throwing out some things to consider and talk about, that's what the whole forum deal is about, idn't it?

Anyway, I forgive you......but I still don't get why you are mocking my comment that the RSJ and Davis are a powerful combo. They might not have the same supporting cast as the Rattlers, but I am pretty sure both are good enough to start and would play a big role for the Rattlers. At least admit that RSJ is athletic and elusive and Davis is a powerful runner. Yall might the horses to match them, but my guess is the Fedora is at least a little bit concerned and game planning a way to deal with them. Maybe Sealy doesn't have the shut down defense to stop the Rattlers, but they seem to play up to the level of competition.....if they rise to the occaision, it will be a battle.

Good luck to both teams!

Tiger Dad
11-09-2011, 08:26 AM
You are like a coiled viper trapped in the corner, striking out and emitting too much venom....careful, that makes the viper vulnerable. I didn't even make a game prediction, I just said that the RSJ and Davis combo is dangerous and you go railing off about the Bellville Slot-T......which I didn't even mention, and certainly not comparing to the LH teams earlier in the decade, and I am not comparing Bellville to Navasota......we are 9-1 after a 2-8 season, we are happy. I hope we can get past Giddings.

If you think a pre-season scrimmage is something to hang your hat on, then throw up some common game opponent stats..........they don't prove anything, but they certainly show more than a 4-1 scrimmage. I saw Navasoto play 7on7, I know yall have some very good athletes and a balanced attack, and the Rattlers are favored in this game.....but some other teams non 4A teams have given you a run for the money this year.......LG comes to mind. I'm just throwing out some things to consider and talk about, that's what the whole forum deal is about, idn't it?

Anyway, I forgive you......but I still don't get why you are mocking my comment that the RSJ and Davis are a powerful combo. They might not have the same supporting cast as the Rattlers, but I am pretty sure both are good enough to start and would play a big role for the Rattlers. At least admit that RSJ is athletic and elusive and Davis is a powerful runner. Yall might the horses to match them, but my guess is the Fedora is at least a little bit concerned and game planning a way to deal with them. Maybe Sealy doesn't have the shut down defense to stop the Rattlers, but they seem to play up to the level of competition.....if they rise to the occaision, it will be a battle.

Good luck to both teams!

Sealy will rise to the occasion and give the rattlers more than they can handle.

StangEm
11-09-2011, 08:36 AM
Gonna be another good one. I'm taking Navasota by 10 though.

UPanIN
11-09-2011, 09:51 AM

This talk about teams playing up or down to the competition does not reflect well on that team. That should have been takin care of by the 5th or 6th game and then the team dictates their on level of play. Sealy is always tough for the Rattlers and they will play not up or down to the Rattlers level of play but will play to their own high level.
This will be a tough game for both teams.
Being the HOMER that I am I go with the Rattlers by 9.

HEMOTOXIC
11-09-2011, 10:57 AM

Good luck to both teams!

#1. I never said that SJ or Davis wasn't good.
#2. I mentioned the scrimmage because it happened. I am not going to act as if it didn't. No, I am not going to hang my hat on the fact the we beat Sealy 4-1 approx. 12-14 weeks ago. But, I will say that 4-1 is 4-1. Like I have said before, both teams have improved greatly. But, has Sealy improved that much where as Navasota hasn't as much that the Tigers will beat the Rattlers?
#3. I brought Bellville into the conversation mainly because, that is who you support. I like the Brahmas. I understand the excitement in the community. We tend to base how good/ not so good a team is based on the results of the games that our respective team had against them. Maybe the Rattlers aren't as good. Maybe the Tigers aren't as good. Maybe Bellville isn't as good. Who knows? Then based on how well a player/ players played against our team, we make a general assumption that because player a had a huge game against us, that he will be the deciding factor against team b. That's the same as comparing scores. Games are all about matchups. This is a team sport. With that said, we will let Friday's game play out. Whoever wins, wins. I will not lose an ounce of sleep if Navasota doesn't win.
#4. We know that Sealy will be a very tough opponent. They always are.
#5. La Grange did play Navasota close. It was a great game. I will not take anything away from the Leopards. Overall, Navasota had a bad game. Maybe La Grange had something to do with that.
However, our two best RB's didn't play. I am not going to make excuses. We won. Once again, games are about matchups. Just like Sealy seams to matchup well with Wimberley, La Grange matches up well with Navasota for some reason.

Good Luck to all!

Go Rattlers and Brahmas!

Crasher
11-09-2011, 01:45 PM

It seems to me you are experiencing a little butt hurt because I called you out and told you to call jimmy. BTW, I really think you should. He would pobably like to hear from you. Ha Ha.

The only thing I am not "CONFIDENT" of is your ability to spell "CONFINDENT".

pirate4state
11-09-2011, 02:24 PM
Have you got Jimmie's cell number? I had in my phone and that phone fritzed out on me. I like to keep him on speed dial......just in case. Yes, I do. You can reach him at 1-569-468-8766 ;)

wimbo_pro
11-09-2011, 02:34 PM
Based mostly on Sealy's defensive performance throughout the year (as compared to Navasota's performance when looking at the stats), I say Navasota wins this one by more than 2 TD's.

Navasota 40, Sealy 24

IndianFan2012
11-09-2011, 08:10 PM

Will it be as close as that game against Canyon Lake?:stirpot:

Tiger Dad
11-10-2011, 12:41 PM
I think this game will come down to turnovers and special teams. 31- 21 Sealy !