PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Whitesboro

orange machine
11-04-2011, 08:56 PM
Good job Bearcats and congrats Bigwood I know it's extra special with John being a senior!!!

turbostud
11-04-2011, 09:29 PM
Congratulations Whitesboro. First time to ever make the playoffs in school history.

I left at halftime and it was already getting chippy. PP had a kid ejected, not sure what he did but it looked like he pushed his coach once he got to the sideline. Hopefully I can make the playoff game.

Old Green
11-04-2011, 09:36 PM
Congrats Whitesboro. It's been a long time coming. Congrats once again.

DavidWooderson
11-04-2011, 09:43 PM
I just got home, left at the end of the 3rd.....53-7 Whitesboro then. Rumor on the fence line where I was standing is he said some not very nice things to an official. A lot of of frustration from PP at the end of the year. Congrats to Whitesboro after 75 years I would say it's well overdue. Really wish it could have ended different for Pilot Point this year. I hope there's some changes coming. Coaching staff not doing a good job of keeping kids in the program and they are losing junior high kids, already heard of several 8th graders going into h.s. are going to quit because of several issues with the coaching staff (this coming off of back to back district championships in jr. high). Needs to be a MAJOR shakeup.

orange machine
11-05-2011, 12:10 AM
Where does the Boro play their 1st playoff game ever at?

bigwood33
11-05-2011, 12:16 AM
Where does the Boro play their 1st playoff game ever at?
1st, thanks buddy!
We play Van Alstyne next Friday night in Little Elm at 7:30.
Fun stuff!

bobcat1
11-05-2011, 06:05 AM
1st, thanks buddy!
We play Van Alstyne next Friday night in Little Elm at 7:30.
Fun stuff!Awesome!

regaleagle
11-05-2011, 07:59 AM
Congrats to all the fine people over in Whitesboro for the support and 'never say die' attitude they have given to their football program. Bigwood, I know you are just beaming this morning, and we are very pleased in Argyle to have Whitesboro representing our District 9, along with Sanger and our Eagles. I believe District 9 will make some noise in the playoffs this season. The Saga continues. Good Luck next week against Van Alstyne. I have every confidence Whitesboro will prevail.

wimbo_pro
11-05-2011, 08:04 AM
Congrats to all the fine people over in Whitesboro for the support and 'never say die' attitude they have given to their football program. Bigwood, I know you are just beaming this morning, and we are very pleased in Argyle to have Whitesboro representing our District 9, along with Sanger and our Eagles. I believe District 9 will make some noise in the playoffs this season. The Saga continues. Good Luck next week against Van Alstyne. I have every confidence Whitesboro will prevail.

Isn't that the truth, Regal? This is great...good to see them in the mix. Wouldnt it be great if they made a run to the title game?? What a story!!!

Bullaholic
11-05-2011, 09:02 AM
Congrats to the coaches and long-suffering fans of Whitesboro----but mainly to the players---they are the ones who wanted a first-time playoff berth badly enough to make it happen. I know the whole town of Whitesboro will be on fire with signs and talk, plus give the boys a big, big send-off. I know the whole town will travel to watch these boys play---just as they did when the Bulls ended their perennial doormat existence in 93'. It is pure magic to watch this process happen---I couldn't be happier for everyone in Whitesboro, TX. Best of luck in the playoffs.

RPF2666
11-05-2011, 09:34 AM
What a great accomplishment for those young men! Good luck next week!

bobcat1
11-05-2011, 12:36 PM
Feed your boy good again this week bigwood33. That kid from Van Alystne is a handful on offense.

NastySlot
11-05-2011, 05:20 PM
Congrats to Whitesboro.......got a coaching buddy in Alaska that s probably very excited.

bigwood33
11-05-2011, 06:11 PM
Congrats to Whitesboro.......got a coaching buddy in Alaska that s probably very excited.
He is. We have a local PT who helps us on Friday nights and he was texting him during the game. He said that RB was pinging him constantly asking for scores/updates.
BTW, RB is a really good guy.

NastySlot
11-05-2011, 06:43 PM
He is. We have a local PT who helps us on Friday nights and he was texting him during the game. He said that RB was pinging him constantly asking for scores/updates.
BTW, RB is a really good guy.

RB? I know SB in North Pole Alaska.....are we thinking of the same person........................nickname is Puff

YTBulldogs
11-05-2011, 07:05 PM
Way to go Whitesboro. Congrats BW33 and to your son. Keep it going guys.

Bruce
11-05-2011, 08:06 PM
Bigwood33 and all the Bearcats from Whitesboro , want to wish the best in the playoffs. Great to see the Bearcats making the playoffs, really proud for all the coaches and players.

Bosqueville
11-05-2011, 09:49 PM
Bigwood33, what was the reaction from everyone when the clock ticked down to 0??

bigwood33
11-06-2011, 07:33 AM
RB? I know SB in North Pole Alaska.....are we thinking of the same person........................nickname is Puff
You're right, it's Steve. I know 2 guys that share that last name and my Alzheimer's set in. Sorry for the mistake.

bigwood33
11-06-2011, 07:41 AM
Bigwood33, what was the reaction from everyone when the clock ticked down to 0??
There were more than a few tears of joy/relief. One of our players grandmother, who was a cheerleader at Whitesboro in the early '50's, had tears in her eyes when she told me that she had thought that she would be in the nursing home before we ever got in and she wouldn't have been able to see the game.
We are excited to get it done in 3A. Next year Whitesboro will be 2A and no one will say that we had to drop down to make it happen.
You guys on the Downlow have been great to me and very encouraging as we got close. Thank you very much.

pirate4state
11-06-2011, 09:09 AM
Congrats and enjoy the ride!

Bosqueville
11-07-2011, 09:52 AM
That's awesome!!! Goosebump inducing!!

Txbroadcaster
11-07-2011, 09:55 AM
We are in process of getting this game..if we do I hope all those home on friday tune in and give Whitesboro support!

bigwood33
11-07-2011, 10:24 AM
We are having a community pep rally on Thursday and I will make sure it is announced. I will also see if I can get the link to the broadcast on our school website. PM the link to me as soon as you know what it will be.

NastySlot
11-07-2011, 10:26 AM
You're right, it's Steve. I know 2 guys that share that last name and my Alzheimer's set in. Sorry for the mistake.

Steve is good person and I'll bet he's very happy for the community of Whitesboro.

bigwood33
11-07-2011, 12:54 PM
Steve is good person and I'll bet he's very happy for the community of Whitesboro.
Great guy! We hated to lose him when he moved to "the great white north".

Gsquared
11-07-2011, 01:12 PM
Great guy! We hated to lose him when he moved to "the great white north".
Bigwood, I just got off the phone with Coach Gill, we are doing the Whitesboro/VA. game Friday

bigwood33
11-07-2011, 01:19 PM
Cool!
If you know what the URL will be, PM it to me and I will be sure it gets posted the the school website.

Gsquared
11-07-2011, 01:27 PM
Cool!
If you know what the URL will be, PM it to me and I will be sure it gets posted the the school website.
Im not sure what the direct URL will be but it might show up on the front page of TheOldcoach.com but ill pm you the direct link once we get