PDA

View Full Version : To all you parents with seniors..

Cam
11-04-2011, 09:14 AM
Cherish tonights game and count your blessings. Your kid did it! The tears will flow tonight (unless you still got playoff games). Last year, I watched my boy go thru his last ever playoff game and stood back while he received hug after hug from teammates and coaches. I finally came up to him on the field, hugged him, told him I loved him, and thanked him for the six years of football memories he gave me. I couldn't say much after that cause I'd start to choke up. A night I'll never forget.

Bambam
11-04-2011, 09:23 AM
Dang my son was in tears AND so was Dad just cuz it was his last senior home game. Honestly NOT looking forward to the last game of the season, BTW we are in the playoffs. Kinda tearing up just thinking about it. ITS NOT FAIR that our kids have to grow up. I promise my son, I have cherished every moment from the 1st time he put on a helmet to now! Good luck to all seniors in life after football. You guys have made your parents proud!

buff4ever
11-04-2011, 09:47 AM
A serious post by CAM, and a seriously sincere one at that. Nice job Cam, I am proud of ya man.

GrTigers6
11-04-2011, 09:50 AM
Yeah this is my youngests son's last season, Thankfully we made the playoffs so it will be week to week from here on out. So this season is extra special!

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-04-2011, 09:54 AM
:iagree:

Tiger Dad
11-04-2011, 10:06 AM
:iagree:It goes by so fast. Seems like jr high ball will never end and then varsity goes by in the blink of an eye. Went through it with my oldest last year thank god my youngest is a jr .

greendawg84
11-04-2011, 10:28 AM
Yeah this is my youngests son's last season, Thankfully we made the playoffs so it will be week to week from here on out. So this season is extra special!

Ouch ! I am not looking forward to that one , my youngest is 8 and middle one is 13 so I still got a ways to go thank goodness. Good luck .

LHHS_Mom
11-04-2011, 10:56 AM
Cherish tonights game and count your blessings. Your kid did it! The tears will flow tonight (unless you still got playoff games). Last year, I watched my boy go thru his last ever playoff game and stood back while he received hug after hug from teammates and coaches. I finally came up to him on the field, hugged him, told him I loved him, and thanked him for the six years of football memories he gave me. I couldn't say much after that cause I'd start to choke up. A night I'll never forget.

*nodding my head* as I was telling BLEEDZ.... these memories that have been built are PRICELESS.:)

GrTigers6
11-04-2011, 10:59 AM
Ouch ! I am not looking forward to that one , my youngest is 8 and middle one is 13 so I still got a ways to go thank goodness. Good luck .Yeah I will need it because his brother was just as good but couldnt stay healthy enough to play consistantly. mainly due to car accident. Although you would think he was the one playing as he sits in the stands and cheers on his little brother. He gets more excited than me and I didnt think that was possible!:)

BLEEDZGREEN
11-04-2011, 11:43 AM
I cried last week @ senior night & I will cry even more after the game tonight, unless we win then I'll cry @ home. :D
Burnet as everybody knows isn't going to the playoffs this year so this season has been somewhat of a disappointment. The only great thing about this season has been watching my son run the ball like I knew he always could if given the chance. 7th grade football in Katy only seems like yesterday, now that it's coming to end & I think back to his 1st game, I am glad that I never missed not one of his games.

Lake Pirate
11-04-2011, 11:47 AM
Tonight my ONLY son will play his last game at home, a field he has been playing football on since age seven when he started youth football. I know he will be emotional but probably not as much as I will. I am so proud of him and his teammates, not just because of football but because of all he's accomplished and what he's become. Regardless of the score tonight, he will always be my Champion. So, to all the seniors, continue to use the lessons learned on the field as you navigate your way through life. CONFIDENCE, COURAGE, TEAMWORK, HARD WORK, AND ALWAYS TRY TO HAVE FUN. Good Luck to All and God Bless.

Cam
11-04-2011, 01:04 PM
A serious post by CAM, and a seriously sincere one at that. Nice job Cam, I am proud of ya man.

gee thanks Buff....nobody's ever said that to me...(sniffling)......thanks to you I got the rest of the day off....my co-workers saw me balling, told me I was working too hard....and insisted I go home!.......

'Necks 2013-14
11-04-2011, 01:05 PM
Tonight my ONLY son will play his last game at home, a field he has been playing football on since age seven when he started youth football. I know he will be emotional but probably not as much as I will. I am so proud of him and his teammates, not just because of football but because of all he's accomplished and what he's become. Regardless of the score tonight, he will always be my Champion. So, to all the seniors, continue to use the lessons learned on the field as you navigate your way through life. CONFIDENCE, COURAGE, TEAMWORK, HARD WORK, AND ALWAYS TRY TO HAVE FUN. Good Luck to All and God Bless.That is an awesome post there LP!! My oldest is just a sophomore right now so I have a couple more years before his last one. Like you, I can see that it will be one tough moment to see what may be his last football game EVER! Best of luck to your #23 tonight and beyond.

warhorsejoe
11-04-2011, 01:12 PM
GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE SENIORS and PARENTS. Some of parents that come here just because their boy is playing HS Football we may not see them anymore. Once again GOOD LUCK with your LIFE. This is something that will live in your minds FOREVER!!!

Txbroadcaster
11-04-2011, 01:17 PM
Cherish the trip..no matter if it ends now or next week or for a State title...I was lucky to win state as a soph and thought we would go back at least once in the ext two years...but I had my knee tore up game one of my SR year..I never got to finish the trip in football and will always have that pain that I was not playing on SR night

LHHS_Mom
11-04-2011, 01:21 PM
Txb... my son is in a similar boat this year, though for him it is his junior year. You have the memories of great times... treasure them always:)

This thread will have me in tears soon... and especially tonight for the Seniors and their Parents.

Good luck to ALL!! :D

bigwood33
11-04-2011, 03:49 PM
On the day of the last home football, here in Whitesboro, we have what is called the "Senior Pep Rally". It consists of normal pep rally stuff but at the end, parents (mostly moms) do a skit (well choreographed and always funny) and then we show a video comprised of a few pics of the seniors as they were growing up. I just got home from this years Senior Pep Rally and probably my last, as my youngest son is a senior. The trip down memory lane is quite a tear jerker. From pictures of youth football/baseball/basketball games/teams to school plays, from family vacations to family reunions we saw, in a few seconds, young lives accelerate to becoming young adults. These young people who have been such a part of our lives will soon be turning to a new chapter in their lives and my life will never be the same. I hope that I am a better man for knowing these great kids. I know that I will miss them. When my oldest son got to this day, we knew that he would be playing the last football game in his life and I told him to play like it was the end...because it was. I could not have been prouder because he played his rear end off. Today, I told my youngest son to have fun today and tonight with his friends because there are no guarantees. If we win we get to play next week but I told him to enjoy tonight...I know that I will.

OldBison75
11-04-2011, 06:47 PM
Whether your senior has played or sat on the bench, or even played in the band or cheered, danced on the drill team or just cheered in the stands, the memories of these high school years will be precious to them forever. We as parents, will shed some tears and remember so many little things we saw them do and poke out our chest about the accomplishments they reached. It is our duty as parents to give praise to each kid, no matter what role they played, for the effort they gave. Whether the star or the kid in the stands that supported his or her schoolmates, they have all been a part of the program and deserve to get positive feedback for their efforts. Tell your kids how proud you are, even if they are not players. Don't give all the praise to the stars and forget the many other parts of the school that make the high school experience so special.

yellaseeker
11-05-2011, 12:18 AM
When i got to this thread and started reading, i was compelled to reach each and every post completely. I have a junior and one in 7th. Last year we were fortunate enough to go deep into the playoffs in football and baseball and I witnessed all the seniors parents going through the same thing in the end. Mine was a sophomore then and even I just sat there fighting back the tears as i watched the other parents hug and congradulate their young men on their accomplishments. I was emotional both, for them and for the fact that I too would be in their shoes quicker than I would imagine. My heart goes out to all of you dealing with this, for all of us wish it could continue for a lifetime. One thing to think about to ease heartbreak is, your kids will give you grandkids most likely, and you know that if they have a single athletic bone in their body, your son or daughter will be working with those grandkids and preparing them for some kind of sport. And if your like me, I'm sure you'll offer your best effort in that process as well. I plan to keep attending games and staying involved with the programs in some way after my youngest graduates. There are plenty kids out there with single parents or living with relatives with limited means that you can support as well (just a thought). Good luck to you all and i hope this thread and the many posts gave everyone the urge to give all your loved-ones a hug, for tomorrow is never guaranteed.

LH Panther Mom
11-05-2011, 07:11 AM
I've had a Liberty Hill Panther player for the past 15 seasons, when my oldest got in 7th grade. I went through my first Senior night in 2002 and my last one last night. Ironically, Burnet was our opponent both times. Thankfully, this year was a much better result than the first one. Parents of younger kids, cherish these moments as they happen because they go by so quickly. I am so proud to have been given the opportunity to watch each one of my kids, and also the one that found football "boring" and played basketball/ran track instead. There have been so many incredible memories, and while it was wonderful seeing the middle one win back-to-back State championships, I can't honestly say that those are necessarily the best memories. (Definitely up there, for sure!)

I thought about starting a thread like this yesterday, but didn't have the time. Thanks Cam, for doing it! Some of you guys are real saps. ;) xoxoxo

regaleagle
11-05-2011, 07:48 AM
From the reverse perspective, my son is now a Sr. in college, and together we follow Argyle and talk about his years in the playoffs. His Jr. year Argyle went all the way to the State Championship game in 2A, only to lose to Newton 28-21. It's become a lifetime bond that will never be broken, and enriched our love of all things good in life, just like spending time together for years on the deer lease. These are the times for you parents out there to relish with your kids, whether they be a player or a band member, or cheerleader,,,,you get my drift. Enjoy and savor it, it's a ride of a lifetime.