PDA

View Full Version : LSU @ Alabama

Bullaholic
11-04-2011, 08:58 AM
College game of the year. No. 1 against No.2. Should be a good game. Who you like?
Hope the Ags take notes....:D

gobbler grad
11-04-2011, 09:01 AM
going with the Tide...

BuckeyeNut
11-04-2011, 09:09 AM
Tiger's bye 3 TD's

hollywood
11-04-2011, 09:30 AM
I would like Bama to win, but think LSU is stronger.

GrTigers6
11-04-2011, 10:09 AM
I think LSU is the better overall team.

StangEm
11-04-2011, 10:55 AM
I would like Bama to win, but think LSU is stronger.

me too...can't stand Les Miles

Mojado
11-04-2011, 12:16 PM
Bama 13-10

msu97
11-04-2011, 12:27 PM
the more interesting game is Arkansas/ South Carolina... Arkansas wins and that puts Georgia in charge of winning the West, then they play in the SEC championship, the vaunted SEC, so win Boise State goes undefeated and throttled Georgia what will be the excuse that Boise State should not be in the BCS championship? especially if Georgia plays LSU/ Alabama to a close game...

Roughneck93
11-04-2011, 12:32 PM
Bama 13-10This is the type of score I'm expecting. Not really pulling for anyone in particular, but leaning with the Bayou Bengals to pull out the win.

ogg
11-04-2011, 12:56 PM
Bama by 10 for three reasons,,, Bama D, playing at home, Les Miles.

ExScoop
11-04-2011, 04:21 PM
Tigers win on the road-

Tx Challenge
11-04-2011, 05:10 PM
the more interesting game is Arkansas/ South Carolina... Arkansas wins and that puts Georgia in charge of winning the West, then they play in the SEC championship, the vaunted SEC, so win Boise State goes undefeated and throttled Georgia what will be the excuse that Boise State should not be in the BCS championship? especially if Georgia plays LSU/ Alabama to a close game...

Not following this at all. Georgia is in the SEC East btw. Even if Georgia wins out and South Carolina looses to Arkansas, that would put Georgia in the Sec title game. I understand that. Still there will still be higher ranked teams from the SEC than Ga. The LSU/Bama loser will still be ranked higher, plus Arkansas.Why do you think Ga would play an undefeated Boise? No way. Who says Boise will even play a SEC team anyway? Lots of football left to play.

I think Bama takes this one 21-17. My two boys got tickets and are in Alabama for this one. Should be a good game!

bwdlionfan
11-04-2011, 05:16 PM

The logic in this post makes it hard enough to follow... the grammar just makes it horrendous

LionFan72
11-05-2011, 09:41 AM
Gonna be a whale of ball game, but LSU will put lid on the Tide. 21-10 Tigers!

DavidWooderson
11-05-2011, 11:42 AM
LSU by 3.........that could be 3-0, 13-10, 17-14, 24-21 or even 41-38, but my prediction is Bengals by 3.

Roughneck93
11-05-2011, 08:23 PM
This one's playing out just like I thought it would. Two good SEC defenses going at it.

hollywood
11-05-2011, 10:00 PM
For such a big game, these commentators are horrible.

Txbroadcaster
11-06-2011, 02:29 AM
This one's playing out just like I thought it would. Two good SEC defenses going at it.

IMO it was just as much bad offense and special teams as much as good D

forum_guy
11-06-2011, 10:34 AM
Dear God as an LSU fan I would love to see a "high powered" Stanford or Ok state make the NC game. Those "high powered" offenses would hit a stone wall IMO. A big LOL if Boise were to play LSU for the NC. LSU still has to beat Ark and probably Georgia which will be a tough SEC title game but I believe they do it and stonewall whichever of these offensive teams in the BCS title game.

Phil C
11-06-2011, 05:30 PM
Dear God as an LSU fan I would love to see a "high powered" Stanford or Ok state make the NC game. Those "high powered" offenses would hit a stone wall IMO. A big LOL if Boise were to play LSU for the NC. LSU still has to beat Ark and probably Georgia which will be a tough SEC title game but I believe they do it and stonewall whichever of these offensive teams in the BCS title game.

I agree. That game reminded me of the many type of games played in the early 60s in college football. There were lots of low scoring games then like 9 to 6, 7 to 3, 14 to 7 type games. And the winning teams generally had tough smash in the mouth physical defenses. Few teams that had great offenses but mediocre defenses won games while vice versa was the opposite. In fact in 1969 when Texas had that great wishbone offense Arkansas played them a close game for the national championship before losing 15 to 14. Arkansas Coach Frank Broyes said he felt his defense would play a good game against Texas which they did but he mainly worked on his offense because Texas defense he felt was the key to their success because they got big turnovers and got the team great field position. Arkansas almost pulled it off.