PDA

View Full Version : Henderson Lions

lostaussie
11-04-2011, 06:35 AM
Are officially on UPSET alert.............something tells me those Bears from Gladewater have got a shot!!!

garciap77
11-04-2011, 07:01 AM
Gladewater by 50+ points!:D

regaleagle
11-04-2011, 07:45 AM
We will see tonite whether Henderson is 'real' or just memorex. I think Gladewater can hang, just don't know if they have the offense to outscore a breakaway-type offense. Good D could make the difference.

oldtownag
11-04-2011, 08:26 AM
Are officially on UPSET alert.............something tells me those Bears from Gladewater have got a shot!!!

Your just hoping that Carthage goes D1!

hollywood
11-04-2011, 08:30 AM
So what's the scenario in that district?

What happens if Henderson loses?

MGAR
11-04-2011, 08:32 AM
So what's the scenario in that district?

What happens if Henderson loses?

Carthage, DI
Gilmer, DII
Gladewater, DII

hollywood
11-04-2011, 08:36 AM
Carthage, DI
Gilmer, DII
Gladewater, DII

Hmm, could get interesting if this happens... maybe an Alvarado vs Carthage semi final game?

waterboy
11-04-2011, 08:37 AM
You've been smelling too much of this > Tink'sŪ #69 Doe-In-RutŪ Buck Lure! I'll bet you've been using it like a cheap cologne, lol.

I don't think it'll happen. Henderson just has too much firepower for Gladewater, in my opinion. I wouldn't be surprised to see them hang in there, though.

waterboy
11-04-2011, 08:38 AM
Your just hoping that Carthage goes D1!
It makes me no never mind. If we play y'all again, we'll beat y'all again.:stirpot:

MGAR
11-04-2011, 08:41 AM
You've been smelling too much of this > Tink'sŪ #69 Doe-In-RutŪ Buck Lure! I'll bet you've been using it like a cheap cologne, lol.

I don't think it'll happen. Henderson just has too much firepower for Gladewater, in my opinion. I wouldn't be surprised to see them hang in there, though.

The world famous Tinker Hex....

lostaussie
11-04-2011, 08:54 AM
Your just hoping that Carthage goes D1!That makes me no nevermind.............I just think Gwater has a chance. If they can run it and play some keep away..........you just never know.

lostaussie
11-04-2011, 08:57 AM
[QUOTE=waterboy;1629600]You've been smelling too much of this > Tink'sŪ #69 Doe-In-RutŪ Buck Lure! I'll bet you've been using it like a cheap cologne, lol.
QUOTE] Thats gonna have to wait until a week from tomorrow. When I come home will be determined by when and who and IF we play again the next week. I'ma go hang with them region 1 guys and girls for about a week :D

BuckeyeNut
11-04-2011, 09:14 AM
Henderson will win and go D1 and win state again like they did last year after we beat them. Just shows how weak D1 is.

hollywood
11-04-2011, 09:26 AM
Henderson will win and go D1 and win state again like they did last year after we beat them. Just shows how weak D1 is.

lol, we'll see. If Henderson is in, they won't get past a Reg 1 this year, sorry. There are some teams better than last season and Henderson isn't as good as last season.

MGAR
11-04-2011, 09:39 AM
lol, we'll see. If Henderson is in, they won't get past a Reg 1 this year, sorry. There are some teams better than last season and Henderson isn't as good as last season.

Why do you think that?

lostaussie
11-04-2011, 09:54 AM
I don't think so..........not this year. They will probably win tonight...........but a state championship is not in the cards for them this year.

MGAR
11-04-2011, 09:59 AM
Not in the cards for anyone in 16-3A...

cowboyandchrist
11-04-2011, 10:00 AM
It makes me no never mind. If we play y'all again, we'll beat y'all again.:stirpot:

Just my opinion, but you will not beat the Dawgs in a rematch. Coach S and the Dawgs are a whole different team in the playoffs. 1, no home field advantage, 2, you beat tem with 9 seconds left on the clock with a field goal, and 3, no Luke Turner. Again just my opinion. Gilmer or Carthage will be my pick for playing in the championship game in the div. 2 game. Chapell Hill will be my pick for div. 1 game. Chapell Hill is the only team I feel for sure baring injury or meltdown will win a title.

icu812
11-04-2011, 10:12 AM
Just my opinion, but you will not beat the Dawgs in a rematch. Coach S and the Dawgs are a whole different team in the playoffs. 1, no home field advantage, 2, you beat tem with 9 seconds left on the clock with a field goal, and 3, no Luke Turner. Again just my opinion. Gilmer or Carthage will be my pick for playing in the championship game in the div. 2 game. Chapell Hill will be my pick for div. 1 game. Chapell Hill is the only team I feel for sure baring injury or meltdown will win a title.

I think the playoffs this year will play out much differently than last year. After watching Chapel Hill play I'd say they are no lock to make the title game. Might happen but imo they are beatable.

waterboy
11-04-2011, 10:16 AM
You can have your opinion, and that's fine, but if Gilmer hadn't turned the ball over at the start of the 2nd half, I think Gilmer would've taken the Dawgs behind the woodshed. They were already up 21-8. I just don't see the Buckeyes making those types of mistakes in a rematch, if in fact it happens. Besides, it was more of a mental hurdle for the Buckeyes after two straight losses to the Dawgs in the last three years. They are OVER that now, and will proceed to beat the Dawgs in future rematches (more times than not), in my opinion, regardless of whether Luke makes it back or not. That's the way Coach Traylor and the Buckeyes roll. It would likely be another close one, though, but the Buckeyes WILL prevail.

Txbroadcaster
11-04-2011, 10:25 AM
Why do you think that?

I dont think Henderson is anywhere close to being as good as they were last year

MGAR
11-04-2011, 10:35 AM
I dont think Henderson is anywhere close to being as good as they were last year

Cool..

But maybe he will answer.

cowboyandchrist
11-04-2011, 10:38 AM
You can have your opinion, and that's fine, but if Gilmer hadn't turned the ball over at the start of the 2nd half, I think Gilmer would've taken the Dawgs behind the woodshed. They were already up 21-8. I just don't see the Buckeyes making those types of mistakes in a rematch, if in fact it happens. Besides, it was more of a mental hurdle for the Buckeyes after two straight losses to the Dawgs in the last three years. They are OVER that now, and will proceed to beat the Dawgs in future rematches (more times than not), in my opinion, regardless of whether Luke makes it back or not. That's the way Coach Traylor and the Buckeyes roll. It would likely be another close one, though, but the Buckeyes WILL prevail.
If we are going to play the if game. You do remember Carthage had a TD called back and when coach S tried to call a time out when the Dawgs were inside the five yard line right before the half ended, the ref told him you do not have any time outs left and then at half time the head ref came to caoch S and said he was sorry about the bad call by his offical, you did have one more time out left. Just playing the if game. I still say the Dawgs are the better team even starting 9 sophmores, but if Gilmer goes further than the Dawgs I will still be happy and will pull for them. God Bless.

cowboyandchrist
11-04-2011, 10:42 AM
I think the playoffs this year will play out much differently than last year. After watching Chapel Hill play I'd say they are no lock to make the title game. Might happen but imo they are beatable.
When you watched them were they missing 6 big time starters. This Friday will be the first time they have had everybody back since the 2nd game.

MGAR
11-04-2011, 10:47 AM
When you watched them were they missing 6 big time starters. This Friday will be the first time they have had everybody back since the 2nd game.

Actually Friday will be the first time All Season that everyone is playing.

Txbroadcaster
11-04-2011, 10:53 AM
Cool..

But maybe he will answer.

Do you think they are better?

icu812
11-04-2011, 11:00 AM

idk it was the Center game. If CH's QB which is comming back is as good as they say I can see where he would make a huge difference.

MGAR
11-04-2011, 11:04 AM
Do you think they are better?

Better? no..

As good? Yes...

Txbroadcaster
11-04-2011, 11:15 AM
Better? no..

As good? Yes...

I think they are to weak on the O-line and D-line...that D-line last year is what won them state..this one this year is to small and gets pushed around way to much

cowboyandchrist
11-04-2011, 11:31 AM
I think they are to weak on the O-line and D-line...that D-line last year is what won them state..this one this year is to small and gets pushed around way to much

If you are talking about Henderson, yes they are not as good as last year. A good running team can beat them. The only team from East Texas at the 3a level that is as good or better than last year is Chapell Hill. Gilmer is better than last years team, Carthage not as good as last year, but can still make a run. Lindale and Van are good, but can they play with the big boys when the pressure is on in the playoffs, we don't know.

hollywood
11-04-2011, 11:39 AM

What he said.

Actually, Henderson was able to dominate most teams with their line last year. Not this year. They are beatable by several Reg 1 teams, if Henderson makes it that far. Just an observation. But then again, you never know, playoffs bring out another level sometimes.

MGAR
11-04-2011, 12:07 PM

Besides against Carthage, what other games have you seen Henderson this year?

Also, Henderson returned half their Dline from last year as well as 3 Oline guys..

Number wise, Henderson is scoring more per game and giving up less per game than last year.. Hence me thinking they are AS good as last year.

Problem for them is, everyone in their way is better than last year.

Leopard4Life
11-04-2011, 12:08 PM
What he said.

Actually, Henderson was able to dominate most teams with their line last year. Not this year. They are beatable by several Reg 1 teams, if Henderson makes it that far. Just an observation. But then again, you never know, playoffs bring out another level sometimes.

Did you mean to say Region 2? If "They are beatable by several Reg 1 teams", please name those teams...

Txbroadcaster
11-04-2011, 12:18 PM
Besides against Carthage, what other games have you seen Henderson this year?

Also, Henderson returned half their Dline from last year as well as 3 Oline guys..

Number wise, Henderson is scoring more per game and giving up less per game than last year.. Hence me thinking they are AS good as last year.

Problem for them is, everyone in their way is better than last year.

I saw Carthage live and tape of the Pine Tree and Mt Pleasant game...both of those games their DL got manhandled, but those teams could not punch it in..I dont care if they have 35 DL coming back with out the twins this D and D-line is not as good...how much they score and give up means nothing..they played two real teams and lost to them

Last year they lost to Carthage and Gilmer by 10 and 2..this year to a weaker Carthage 21 points and to a gilmer squad maybe better than last year by 15

garciap77
11-04-2011, 12:23 PM

Gilmer will beat Carthage as many times as needed, and then some!:D

MGAR
11-04-2011, 12:27 PM
I saw Carthage live and tape of the Pine Tree and Mt Pleasant game...both of those games their DL got manhandled, but those teams could not punch it in..I dont care if they have 35 DL coming back with out the twins this D and D-line is not as good...how much they score and give up means nothing..they played two real teams and lost to them

Last year they lost to Carthage and Gilmer by 10 and 2..this year to a weaker Carthage 21 points and to a gilmer squad maybe better than last year by 15

Hmmm you mean the Pine Tree that will make anyones DL look weak?

Ya, ok... I forgot, you are the self proclaimed 3A "expert".

cowboyandchrist
11-04-2011, 12:31 PM

If you are talking about Henderson, yes they are not as good as last year. A good running team can beat them. The only team from East Texas at the 3a level that is as good or better than last year is Chapell Hill. Gilmer is better than last years team, Carthage not as good as last year, but can still make a run. Lindale and Van are good, but can they play with the big boys when the pressure is on in the playoffs, we don't know.

Txbroadcaster
11-04-2011, 12:34 PM

wow really? we are simply debating a team..where have I ever said I was an expert?

MGAR
11-04-2011, 12:45 PM
wow really? we are simply debating a team..where have I ever said I was an expert?

Yes... I'm saying they are as good as last year and you are saying they are not better..

Banter, all in fun...

:1popcorn:

Txbroadcaster
11-04-2011, 01:07 PM

btw that PT team will finshed 0-10 and scored more than 21 just twice...agianst Henderson and agianst Whitehouse...and we all know how bad WH's D was

MGAR
11-04-2011, 01:15 PM
btw that PT team will finshed 0-10 and scored more than 21 just twice...agianst Henderson and agianst Whitehouse...and we all know how bad WH's D was

Yea they won't get any wins this year... But that's not the point..

You said PT oline manhandled Henderson.. Like that is suppose to be a shocker?

This year Pine Tree has averaged 330 yards rushing a game..

0-10 or 10-0... Doesn't matter... Pine Tree's offensive line would make any 3A Dline look weak.

Txbroadcaster
11-04-2011, 01:30 PM
Yea they won't get any wins this year... But that's not the point..

You said PT oline manhandled Henderson.. Like that is suppose to be a shocker?

This year Pine Tree has averaged 330 yards rushing a game..

0-10 or 10-0... Doesn't matter... Pine Tree's offensive line would make any 3A Dline look weak.

except Le held PT to 4.2 yards a carry..Henderson let PT run for 5.6 both on 73 carries( holy crap the amount lol)...even North Lamar was in the ball park with letting PT run for 6.0..and both LE and NL held PT to less points..and neither one of those are supposed to be as good on defense as Henderson