PDA

View Full Version : Who is better Chris Booker of Wills Point or Baylen Laury of Forney

Emmett Lyons#7
10-09-2003, 11:46 PM
Hey guys whats up. I'm just wondering what you guys thought about Chris Booker of Wills Point(sophomore) vs. Baylen Laury of Forney(senior). I know all of you Forney fans are going to gloat that Baylen is better, but lets review the facts. In Bookers varsity debut two weeks ago this kid had 142 yards on 23 carries to lead his team to victory against Dallas Woodrow Wilson. In Bookers last game against Mabank the kid totaled 314 total yards. With 10 carries for 182 yards and 2 catches for 132 yards. There is no doubt in my mind that by the time Booker is a senior he will erase all thought of Baylen Laury in East Texas, but the question is: IS HE BETTER THAN LAURY NOW? Remember he is only a sophomore. Leave me a message and tell me what you think.

Gobbla2001
10-09-2003, 11:49 PM
The guy from 4knee...

jason
10-10-2003, 12:27 AM
he did that against two LOUSY teams...might as well have played kemp...

3afan
10-10-2003, 06:17 AM
Thats a pretty unfair comparison - a sophomore with 2 games vs. an all state senior RB.

But anyway, your question is: is Booker better tha Laury NOW? Heck no. Not even close. Might he end up better than Laury. Sure, but only time will tell ............

<small>[ October 10, 2003, 06:17 AM: Message edited by: 3afan ]</small>

Commerce Fan
10-10-2003, 07:04 AM
It seems that todays coaches will go with speed more than a back with vision. It works when you play teams that are slow but when you play teams with speed you see just an average peformance out of the speed backs. Laury seems to have enough speed but more vision than most which in turn will make him a greater back over the years. I would take him over most (not all) i have seen in the last 3 years.

crzyjournalist03
10-10-2003, 09:20 AM
Commerce Fan:
It seems that todays coaches will go with speed more than a back with vision. It works when you play teams that are slow but when you play teams with speed you see just an average peformance out of the speed backs. Laury seems to have enough speed but more vision than most which in turn will make him a greater back over the years. I would take him over most (not all) i have seen in the last 3 years.I dunno...think if given the choice, I might take his predecessor if we're just talking high school...but then again, who wouldn't? Laury has potential at the college level too though, something that many scouts just didn't see in Dabryan.

Commerce Fan
10-10-2003, 12:22 PM
crzyjournalist03:

Commerce Fan:
It seems that todays coaches will go with speed more than a back with vision. It works when you play teams that are slow but when you play teams with speed you see just an average peformance out of the speed backs. Laury seems to have enough speed but more vision than most which in turn will make him a greater back over the years. I would take him over most (not all) i have seen in the last 3 years.I dunno...think if given the choice, I might take his predecessor if we're just talking high school...but then again, who wouldn't? Laury has potential at the college level too though, something that many scouts just didn't see in Dabryan.Very Few colleges will take someone that small because of the size and speed of the other players will take there toll on most. Laury has a little more size and could possible make it at a smaller college but the key will be can he keep his speed and gain a little more wt.? Blanton was just to small for college ball they fudged a lot on his size I figure he was a true 5'10' and 150 wet! there was plenty of 4.2 speed fellows wt at about 200 to 225 just looking to punish a fellow like that. By the time the game was over he would re-think his want too!!!!!!!!!