PDA

View Full Version : Changes coming to Ballpark in Arlington

Emerson1
11-03-2011, 04:26 PM
Don't like them getting rid of the bleachers.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2011/11/03/changes-coming-to-rangers-ballpark-outfield/

Pendragon13
11-03-2011, 04:32 PM
So where is all this money coming from? I thought the Rangers were near broke not too long ago. I hate to be cynical, but I wouldn't be surprised if these "improvements" aren't paid for with higher ticket prices..

waterboy
11-03-2011, 04:40 PM
Heck, why don't they just put a retractable roof on it? Maybe then we could lure some pitchers that don't like the heat in Texas........

Emerson1
11-03-2011, 04:51 PM
So where is all this money coming from? I thought the Rangers were near broke not too long ago. I hate to be cynical, but I wouldn't be surprised if these "improvements" aren't paid for with higher ticket prices..
Wow. You have NO CLUE what you are talking about.

They had two World Series runs in a row. That's a lot of extra money from ticket sales, concessions and advertisers. You do know they were bankrupt when Tom Hicks owned them. Some guys named Nolan Ryan and Chuck Greenberg bought the team.

They put in a massive video board to replace the scoreboard and video board in right field last year and ticket prices didn't raise.

RanchRadio
11-03-2011, 05:25 PM
Down, boy! Down!

MGAR
11-03-2011, 05:37 PM
Kids are going to protest now with no more wiffle ball.

Pendragon13
11-03-2011, 07:54 PM
Wow. You have NO CLUE what you are talking about.

They had two World Series runs in a row. That's a lot of extra money from ticket sales, concessions and advertisers. You do know they were bankrupt when Tom Hicks owned them. Some guys named Nolan Ryan and Chuck Greenberg bought the team.

They put in a massive video board to replace the scoreboard and video board in right field last year and ticket prices didn't raise.Easy big fella, I was just asking..lol. And if I recall correctly...they were still in a bit of a money pinch even after Ryans group bought the team.

Txbroadcaster
11-03-2011, 09:04 PM
Easy big fella, I was just asking..lol. And if I recall correctly...they were still in a bit of a money pinch even after Ryans group bought the team.

no they signed one of the biggest TV contracts of any team..they now can be a big market team and basically throw money at players

Tin Cup
11-03-2011, 09:18 PM
Does the tv deal kick in in 2013 or is the money already coming in? I wasn't sure what it meant for this season. I bet merchandise sales alone in the last two years have surpassed those of the last 10-15 years.