PDA

View Full Version : LaVernia: Not so fast!!!!!!

YTBulldogs
11-03-2011, 10:26 AM
I thought all LaVernia had to do was win versus Pleasanton and they were in. Not so fast, positive points, then the head-to-head with Cuero-- would bump them out.

If Cuero beats Gonzales, and SH beats Yoakum, Bears are out. SH and Cuero would join Gonzales as the playoff rep's of D28.

Teams very much alive heading into the last game. More then just pride on the line I see.

warhorsejoe
11-03-2011, 06:19 PM
well not because I think we can beat Cuero but I would like to play them this year and have a chance to beat them in the playoffs. So I like Cuero to beat Gonzales and.....well that would leave you guys out. Is there any other way except waiting till next year to get Cuero. I guess not.:ack!:

Papá Oso
11-04-2011, 11:00 AM
I'll admit the high school playoff qualifying requirements are new to me so maybe you can explain to me how if LV and SH both finish with the same record and even though LV won their head to head match up SH would go to the playoffs and not LV. Sure don't seem right, they'd go from losing a 5 point game last week for the district championship where the deciding touchdown was scored only after time was put back on the clock to not making the playoffs at all while a team they beat goes despite the same record. Yep that would be pretty tough to take lol. For the record I'm picking LV to win pretty easily but the other 2 are toss up's IMO. You never know which SH team is going to show up and you have Cuero at home and I know how tough it is to win there. Gun to my head I'll take SH 28-24 and Gonzales 17-12 which would take care of most of the tie breakers.

LV_Bearfan
11-04-2011, 12:51 PM
I thought all LaVernia had to do was win versus Pleasanton and they were in. Not so fast, positive points, then the head-to-head with Cuero-- would bump them out.

If Cuero beats Gonzales, and SH beats Yoakum, Bears are out. SH and Cuero would join Gonzales as the playoff rep's of D28.

Teams very much alive heading into the last game. More then just pride on the line I see.

So, by that same thinking, if Cuero wins and Yoakum beats SH, La Vernia is in and Yoakum is out, correct? That would be a sour pill for YT to swallow.
Better take care of business and hope Gonzales beats those Gobblers.

Txbroadcaster
11-04-2011, 12:53 PM
If LV is tied SH and both are D2 then LV goes on head to head..does not matter who won or lost to D1 rep

warhorsejoe
11-04-2011, 01:00 PM
:ack!:
it will all be clear by tonight. I hope so.

If LV is tied SH and both are D2 then LV goes on head to head..does not matter who won or lost to D1 rep

LV_Bearfan
11-04-2011, 02:09 PM
Either LV or SH would be D1 if either makes the playoffs, but LV is the larger school.

Txbroadcaster
11-04-2011, 02:20 PM
Either LV or SH would be D1 if either makes the playoffs, but LV is the larger school.

then I think still should be head to head first..only time 3 schools are involved is when all 3 are in same Div

bigcat8
11-04-2011, 02:21 PM
what was hard to take was the gonzales td that was waved off and the fumble at the LV 9 on first down... and the fumble at the 25 in the first quarter.. Gonzo should have at least scored 28 points.. Oh well,, A win is a win!!
I'll admit the high school playoff qualifying requirements are new to me so maybe you can explain to me how if LV and SH both finish with the same record and even though LV won their head to head match up SH would go to the playoffs and not LV. Sure don't seem right, they'd go from losing a 5 point game last week for the district championship where the deciding touchdown was scored only after time was put back on the clock to not making the playoffs at all while a team they beat goes despite the same record. Yep that would be pretty tough to take lol. For the record I'm picking LV to win pretty easily but the other 2 are toss up's IMO. You never know which SH team is going to show up and you have Cuero at home and I know how tough it is to win there. Gun to my head I'll take SH 28-24 and Gonzales 17-12 which would take care of most of the tie breakers.

Sportshack
11-04-2011, 02:31 PM
then I think still should be head to head first..only time 3 schools are involved is when all 3 are in same Div

It depends on what place tied for does it not? In District 26 if Wimberley wins, CL wins, and Navarro wins this weekend WHS will be district champ going D2 and Boerne, Navarro, and CL will have identical 3-2 district records with Boerne having beaten CL, CL having beaten Navarro, and Navarro having beaten Boerne so no head to head. In that scenario, you would not send Navarro to playoffs automatically because they are D2 and decide on head to head with D1 schools. You would use tie breakers to decide which of three schools is considered 4th place and then decide who goes D1...I think. I am assuming the 3 teams that y'all are talking about being tied are vying for the 2nd and 3rd spot in district right? In above District 26 scenario, CL would be out because they drew short straw in either positive or negative points loss comparisons.