PDA

View Full Version : 4A Stephenville @ Waco High

hollywood
11-03-2011, 09:12 AM
Waco win = District Championship
Stephenville win = share of District Championship

Who ya got?

Courtesy of garciap77:

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Sports/DSC_7716.jpghttp://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Sports/DSC_7711.jpg
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Sports/DSC_7700.jpghttp://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Sports/DSC_7664.jpg
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Sports/DSC_7657.jpghttp://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Sports/DSC_7622.jpg

Emerson1
11-03-2011, 09:13 AM
Hopefully Waco so it's Stephenville v. Everman in round 1.

jason
11-03-2011, 09:19 AM
waco > midway > stephenville

sadly this could be a repeat of last week....

hollywood
11-03-2011, 09:22 AM
I agree.

Waco is too strong. Only chance Sville has to win this one is if Edwards is back and he's not, so I hope all stay healthy after tomorrow.

Everman first round would be in order.

Pendragon13
11-03-2011, 09:36 AM
If Waco has corrected some of their mistakes and mental errors (including coaching...as in don't start passing when the running game is working fine) then they may be more than Stephenville can handle. The pics don't lie...Waco is HUGE on both lines and pretty sizeable at the other positions as well. They made the largest Wylie team in recent history look pretty small on the field...and they also had some good speed at the skill positions. S'villes D can keep it close for a half...but without Edwards they won't be able to get in a scoring battle. Waco wins this one unless they shoot themselves in the foot too many times..

Matthew328
11-03-2011, 09:45 AM
if Granbury and Burleson make the playoffs and Waco beats Stephenville...then Stephenville gets Summit in Rd 1

nobogey72
11-03-2011, 09:46 AM
If Waco has corrected some of their mistakes and mental errors (including coaching...as in don't start passing when the running game is working fine) then they may be more than Stephenville can handle. The pics don't lie...Waco is HUGE on both lines and pretty sizeable at the other positions as well. They made the largest Wylie team in recent history look pretty small on the field...and they also had some good speed at the skill positions. S'villes D can keep it close for a half...but without Edwards they won't be able to get in a scoring battle. Waco wins this one unless they shoot themselves in the foot too many times..

I'm like you Pendragon, since both of us have seen both these teams play, I don't think SVille matches up athleticly, but I would still have to go with Stephenville just because they have the speed on defense to limit the QB and TB. Also, I would give a huge edge to Sville as far as making mistakes and penalty yardage. Stephenville should have another huge edge in special teams. Having said all that, if Waco High gets off to a good start and starts playing downhill and with confidence they could win it. But I'm betting on Sville

hollywood
11-03-2011, 09:47 AM
if Granbury and Burleson make the playoffs and Waco beats Stephenville...then Stephenville gets Summit in Rd 1

Interesting... what are the implications of Granbury and Burleson making the playoffs?

hollywood
11-03-2011, 09:51 AM
I'm like you Pendragon, since both of us have seen both these teams play, I don't think SVille matches up athleticly, but I would still have to go with Stephenville just because they have the speed on defense to limit the QB and TB. Also, I would give a huge edge to Sville as far as making mistakes and penalty yardage. Stephenville should have another huge edge in special teams. Having said all that, if Waco High gets off to a good start and starts playing downhill and with confidence they could win it. But I'm betting on Sville

Those are good points but remember, Sville doesn't have Edwards who was a key factor in their offensive scheme. If they use Brown more on offense, I think Sville will have a better shot.

jason
11-03-2011, 10:00 AM
Sville doesn't have Edwards who was a key factor in their offensive scheme. that has been their problem...

they had an offense built around the big play ability of #24 and since he has been out, that threat has gone to the way side...
stephenville will have to find a way to keep their offense on the field with long drives while putting up points at the end of them - they won't (can't?) win a high scoring shootout game like the game vs aledo...

BEAST
11-03-2011, 10:01 AM
I root for The Ville except when we play them, that said, it seems like they lost the edge they had earlier in the year. They were confident and it showed. I am assuming Edwards was the emotional leader of the team. Any news on when he may return?

BEAST

nobogey72
11-03-2011, 10:02 AM
Those are good points but remember, Sville doesn't have Edwards who was a key factor in their offensive scheme. If they use Brown more on offense, I think Sville will have a better shot.

I know Edwards isn't playing, but the defense I watched play didn't have Edwards on it. Another huge factor for Stephenville is that I'm betting they will be way better prepared. Sville's center better get a good night's sleep and 3 or 4 red bulls before during and after. He will be tested. WH's NG and Mike are scary.

hollywood
11-03-2011, 10:15 AM
I root for The Ville except when we play them, that said, it seems like they lost the edge they had earlier in the year. They were confident and it showed. I am assuming Edwards was the emotional leader of the team. Any news on when he may return?

BEAST

He was the 1, 2 punch. He's still in a boot. No signs of him returning until maybe in the playoffs. Even if he does, he will probably only play safety. I bet Baylor is heavily advising him not to play the rest of the year though.

Matthew328
11-03-2011, 10:17 AM
Granbury and Burleson make it in and that sends Summit D2

hollywood
11-03-2011, 10:19 AM
I know Edwards isn't playing, but the defense I watched play didn't have Edwards on it. Another huge factor for Stephenville is that I'm betting they will be way better prepared. Sville's center better get a good night's sleep and 3 or 4 red bulls before during and after. He will be tested. WH's NG and Mike are scary.

Against Wylie they didn't have to have players going both ways... since losing Edwards and having to play against the larger, faster schools, they do. #22 is the tailback and OLB. #11 is FB at times and MLB. The speed of the DE from the last 2 weeks has put huge pressure on the QB and he's made mistakes. Don't see that letting up this week.

jason
11-03-2011, 10:19 AM
He was the 1, 2 punch. He's still in a boot. No signs of him returning until maybe in the playoffs. I bet Baylor is heavily advising him not play the rest of the year though.their doctors were the one's that said put it in a cast, not surgery, so that he could return (possibly) this year...

Rocket
11-03-2011, 10:25 AM
Just imagine if Wylie was in that district... ;)

toddg
11-03-2011, 10:31 AM
It will not be easy, but i like the jackets in this one.

Pendragon13
11-03-2011, 11:09 AM
their doctors were the one's that said put it in a cast, not surgery, so that he could return (possibly) this year...A 4A district? Just keep in mind that Wylie is the only team in 5-3A that has never played a 4A district schedule..;)

hollywood
11-03-2011, 11:28 AM
It will not be easy, but i like the jackets in this one.

Not going to be easy at all... if Sville can slow down the rushing attack and get a few key stops, get the ball back and go score, they have a shot. But if Sville can't stop the run from Waco, it's over. Sville is up for a big challenge in more ways than one.

slingshot
11-03-2011, 12:26 PM
Just imagine if Wylie was in that district... ;)More likely is BWD in that district... ugly.

BEAST
11-03-2011, 12:31 PM
More likely is BWD in that district... ugly.

Been there. Except it was even harder then. Copperas Cove was in it also. Cove went to State 2 years in a roll with Robert Griffin. We beat them in Cove. Waco went to State also. They knocked us out in the Quarters. Next?

BEAST

jason
11-03-2011, 01:17 PM
We beat them in Cove. that was a fluke and everybody knows it

hollywood
11-03-2011, 01:21 PM
that was a fluke and everybody knows it

Call it what you want, but Griffin couldn't do anything on Brownwood's D that night. Saw it with my own eyes. He got jacked 3 times in a row and was so frustrated he threw a little fit on the field and was ejected. At the time, it was funny to watch a HS kid revert back to a 6 year old. lol

nobogey72
11-03-2011, 02:06 PM
Been there. Except it was even harder then. Copperas Cove was in it also. Cove went to State 2 years in a roll with Robert Griffin. We beat them in Cove. Waco went to State also. They knocked us out in the Quarters. Next?

BEAST

63-0!! Next?

BEAST
11-03-2011, 03:27 PM
63-0!! Next?

What does that have to do with Brownwood being in a 4A district several years ago?

BEAST

hollywood
11-03-2011, 03:32 PM
63-0!! Next?

??? What's that suppose to mean?

jason
11-03-2011, 03:41 PM
What does that have to do with Brownwood being in a 4A district several years ago?

BEASTlike the state titles brownwood (and stephenville) won back in the day...they're irrelevant now...

currently, both are a little above average in their current districts and classifications...

nobogey72
11-03-2011, 03:56 PM

BEAST

What does what ya'll did several years ago have to do with Wylie or BWood being in that district now?

hollywood
11-03-2011, 04:04 PM
What does what ya'll did several years ago have to do with Wylie or BWood being in that district now?

If Brownwood and/or Wylie were in that district now... only win Wylie would have is against SA Lakeview... only 2 wins Brownwood would have would be against Wylie and SA Lakeview.

nobogey72
11-03-2011, 04:14 PM
??? What's that suppose to mean?

The barbs were being thrown out about what if Wylie was in that district. Then a Wylie guy said yeah what if Brownwood was in that district. Then, Beast felt the need to defend Brownwood by saying how they USED to fare in that district and ended the post in "Next?". So basically I was stating that how they USED to fare in that district was pretty irrelavant to what we were talking about. I guess what I should have posted was how we USED to beat Aledo regularly and we USED to beat Everman 3 times out of 4. But, I figure that is pretty irrelevant to what we were talking about. Didn't know that would be over everyone's head.

nobogey72
11-03-2011, 04:17 PM
If Brownwood and/or Wylie were in that district now... only win Wylie would have is against SA Lakeview... only 2 wins Brownwood would have would be against Wylie and SA Lakeview.

I guess we'll find out if what you're tying to infer is true tomorrow night. Right?

hollywood
11-03-2011, 04:44 PM
I guess we'll find out if what you're tying to infer is true tomorrow night. Right?

:wave:

hollywood
11-03-2011, 04:45 PM
The barbs were being thrown out about what if Wylie was in that district. Then a Wylie guy said yeah what if Brownwood was in that district. Then, Beast felt the need to defend Brownwood by saying how they USED to fare in that district and ended the post in "Next?". So basically I was stating that how they USED to fare in that district was pretty irrelavant to what we were talking about. I guess what I should have posted was how we USED to beat Aledo regularly and we USED to beat Everman 3 times out of 4. But, I figure that is pretty irrelevant to what we were talking about. Didn't know that would be over everyone's head.

I figured... but what was the 63-0 score from? If it's refereing to this years Sville/Bwd game, it was worse... 66-0.

hollywood
11-03-2011, 04:48 PM
This season... Waco > Midway > Sville > Killeen > University > Bwd > Wylie > SA Lakeview... that's how it would go.

slingshot
11-03-2011, 05:06 PM
This season... Waco > Midway > Sville > Killeen > University > Wylie > BWD > SA Lakeview... that's how it would go.There. Fixed it for ya'

hollywood
11-04-2011, 08:16 AM
This season... Waco > Midway > Sville > Killeen > University > Bwd > Wylie > SA Lakeview... that's how it would go.

There. Fixed it for ya'

Haha... we will find out for sure tonight. I know this... there are some players for BWD who haven't seen as much playing time this season, get a lot more in this game!

hollywood
11-04-2011, 08:26 AM
Anyway, back to the subject at hand... Waco vs Sville. Should be a good game. I think it's going to come down to the team who makes the least amount of mistakes. Both are good teams.

jason
11-04-2011, 09:52 PM
stephenville 56. waco high 21.late 3rd

garciap77
11-04-2011, 09:57 PM

Correction!!!! only 1 win Brownwood would have would be against SA Lakeview ( Maybe)!:D

Wylie 36 Brownwood 16!:D

;)

jason
11-04-2011, 09:58 PM
56-21 final

Matthew328
11-05-2011, 12:08 AM
Stephenville vs. Everman Friday in Weatherford

slingshot
11-05-2011, 12:42 AM
Haha... we will find out for sure tonight. Like I said Wylie > BWD...

Sville
11-05-2011, 12:52 AM
And the Jackets shook off that 4 turnover whoopin they got from Midway and stomped a mudhole in Waco tonite. Best all-round game of the year for the Jackets. It was a great momentum game heading into the playoffs.

toddg
11-05-2011, 07:36 AM
And the Jackets shook off that 4 turnover whoopin they got from Midway and stomped a mudhole in Waco tonite. Best all-round game of the year for the Jackets. It was a great momentum game heading into the playoffs.

Heck yeah!!!