PDA

View Full Version : Region 1 Playoff Pairings, W/ week 10 scenarios

GrTigers6
11-03-2011, 07:31 AM
I copied this from another forum so I need to give credit to rocklandDragon from 5atexasfootball.com
But it makes for some interesting reading!
If you know any more sites please list them here and I will create a thread to sticky at the top with all sites and pairings after its finalized

Division I

1-3A Borger/Pampa (#)
vs.
2-3A Lubbock Cooper

3-3A Clint Mountain View/Fabens (^)
vs.
4-3A Seminole/Andrews/Fort Stockton (@)

5-3A Abilene Wylie
vs.
6-3A Burkburnett

7-3A Mineral Wells
vs.
8-3A Alvarado

Division II

Top seed 1-3A (straight up mess)
vs.
Shallowater/Brownfield/Levelland (*)

Clint/Pecos (top 3-3A seed) (^)
vs.
Monahans/Midland Greenwood/Fort Stockton (@)

Snyder (top 5-5A seed)
vs. Thursday 7pm Shotwell Stadium Abilene
Graham

Decatur (top 7-3A seed)
vs. Friday 7:30 pm Roughrider Stadium Saginaw
Kennedale

Lubbock Estacado (top 2-3A seed)
vs.
Lower seed of 1-3A (straight up mess) (#)

Seminole/Monahans (top 4-3A seed) (@)
vs.
Pecos/Clint (^)

Bowie (top 6-3A seed)
vs. Thursday 7:30 Breckenridge
Brownwood

Glen Rose
vs. Friday 7:30 pm Bearcat Stadium Aledo
Bridgeport

(#) The straight up mess that is District 1-3A. District 1-3A only has four teams. Borger is in the playoffs with a 2-0 district record but could go DI or DII, depending on the result of Dalhart vs. Pampa. Pampa is 0-2. Dalhart and Perryton are 1-1. Perryton has defeated Pampa 44-31. Dalhart has defeated Perryton 36-10. Dalhart and Pampa play against each other. Dalhart wins they are in as well as Perryton due to tiebreaker over Pampa. This is expected to happen and Borger is DI. Dalhart is DII top seed. Perryton is runner up of DII.

Let's say, Dalhart loses to Pampa (could happen) and Perryton upsets Borger. Borger is 2-1. Perryton is 2-1 and Pampa and Dalhart are 1-2. Dalhart is out due to loss to Pampa. Borger is now second seed in DII while Perryton is now top seed in DII.

The nightmare scenario is if Dalhart loses to Pampa and Borger defeats Perryton. Dalhart, Pampa, and Perryton are all tied at 1-2. I'm certain they do point differential but I do not know the limit of points used. For all I know, they might do a coin toss.

(^) It's pretty simple for 3-3A. The winner of the game between Clint Mountain View and Fabens gets the last playoff spot. The winner of this game goes DI.

Pecos vs. Clint is the last game of season. Winner gets top seed of DII. Loser gets runner up seed of DII.

(@) 4-3A is also a mess. Seminole is in the playoffs but has to wait to find out which division they will go to. Seminole will be top seed in DII if they go there. Monahans is 2-1. I believe Monahans is in the playoffs also with all tie breaking scenarios. Andrews and Midland Greenwood are 1-2. Fort Stockton is 0-3. Fort Stockton is a long shot to make the playoffs but has one.

Final week of games

Andrews vs Monahans
Fort Stockton vs. Midland Greenwood

Monahans wins, it doesn't knock Andrews out. Midland Greenwood wins and Andrews loses, Greenwood is in and Andrews is out. If Monahans loses and Greenwood wins, then Monahans, Greenwood, and Andrews are 2-2. Then this is the scenario:

Monahans 2-2 (ldefeated Greenwood 45-7)
Greenwood 2-2 (defeated Andrews 62-61)
Andrews 2-2 (lost to Greenwood 62-61)

Greenwood is out due to large point differential. An Andrews win only improves their point difference. However, I always wondered in a three way tie, if Monahans has the better point differential than Andrews or Greenwood, then Monahans goes to the playoffs, leaving two teams. In that case, wouldn't they revert back to head-to-head matchup between the two remaining teams? If so, Greenwood is in. If not, Andrews is in. If Andrews is in, Andrews goes DI, Seminole is top seed DII and Monahans is second seed runner up. If Greenwood goes in, Seminole is DI, then Monahans is DII top seed and Greenwood is DII runner up.

Greenwood needs to win AND for Andrews to lose.

If Monahans wins and Greenwood loses, then Andrews, Greenwood and Fort Stockton are at 1-3. Then this is the scenario

Andrews 1-3 (lost to Greenwood 62-61) (cannot change +6 between two teams in scenario)
Greenwood 1-3 (losing to Ft Stockton in scenario) (currently at +1)
Fort Stockton 1-3 (lost to Andrews 23-16) (currently at -7)

Fort Stockton defeats Greenwood by 14 points, Fort Stockton is in as the last team with at +7. Greenwood would be out if they lose since they would be at -13. If Fort Stockton does not defeat Greenwood by 14, Andrews goes in.

Crazy stuff.

These are your playoff scenarios and certain matchups for 3A Region I. Enjoy.

toddg
11-03-2011, 07:50 AM
if seminole goes d1, i see them getting to the region final (rd 3) they are better than Borger or lubbock cooper..of course playoffs are funny sometimes and you never know..will be an interesting couple of weeks seeing how it all shakes out.

GrTigers6
11-03-2011, 10:02 AM
if seminole goes d1, i see them getting to the region final (rd 3) they are better than Borger or lubbock cooper..of course playoffs are funny sometimes and you never know..will be an interesting couple of weeks seeing how it all shakes out.I agree

GrTigers6
11-04-2011, 05:38 AM
please post games and sites as they get finalized tonight!
Thanks

ccmom
11-04-2011, 09:51 PM
Wylie vs Burk
Friday 7:30
Justin Northwest

tex_male
11-05-2011, 12:29 AM
D1 Seminole Vs Fabens 8PM Friday Rotary Field in Pecos,Tx

D2 Monahans Vs Clint 7:30PM Jackson Field in Alpine, Tx
D2 Greenwood Vs Pecos 7:30PM Friday Walton Field in Kermit, Tx

Pendragon13
11-05-2011, 11:15 AM
Wylie vs Burk
Friday 7:30
Justin NorthwestWow..really? 3 hour drive on Friday...it's gotta be a bit closer for Burkburnett.

OldNavy
11-05-2011, 11:59 AM
The nightmare scenario is if Dalhart loses to Pampa and Borger defeats Perryton. Dalhart, Pampa, and Perryton are all tied at 1-2. I'm certain they do point differential but I do not know the limit of points used. For all I know, they might do a coin toss.

Looks like this happened. Funny that teams tied at 1 win and 2 losses are tied for 2nd and third in a district. Anyway, anyone know how this tie will be broken?

DalhartAlumni
11-05-2011, 02:09 PM
I think Pampa is out, Dalhart and Perryton are in, due to Dalhart beating Perryton, and losing by 1 to Borger, and Pampa only beating Dalhart, and losing to Borger and Perryton pretty handily. Not sure, but think Dalhart will come in 2nd, and Perryton 3rd

DalhartAlumni
11-05-2011, 02:12 PM
And also another note, not sure how Dalhart loses by 1 to Borger and beats Perryton by like 30+...and then loses to Pampa by 9, who got beat my Perryton and Borger pretty bad. haha, oh well, Playoff bound, and thats all Dalhart needs to worry about, if they play like they did against Pampa, then a first round exit is what Dalhart will be looking at, which Dalhart can beat Estacado or Shallowater which ever team it is, because Cooper beat both of them and Cooper lost to Dalhart, but hey, games are not played on paper, Dalhart just needs to show up and take care of business.