PDA

View Full Version : Best Game To Attend Friday Night?

The Bull #40
11-01-2011, 12:55 PM
Well, my Brahmas are playing at Stafford Friday and I don't want to travel that far to watch a blowout. Which game do y'all think would be worth my while or the "game of the week"? I want to see some playoff contenders.

Bullaholic
11-01-2011, 01:02 PM
Well, my Brahmas are playing at Stafford Friday and I don't want to travel that far to watch a blowout. Which game do y'all think would be worth my while or the "game of the week"? I want to see some playoff contenders.

How far are you from Wimberley? Boerne @ Wimberley ought to be a pretty good game.

OldNavy
11-01-2011, 01:04 PM

Go see Henderson and Gladewater. I think they are both playing for a playoff berth.

The Bull #40
11-01-2011, 01:08 PM
Thanks Bullaholic, but I'm about 3 hrs from Wimberley and Old Navy am 4 hrs from Gladewater. Those are a little far for me. I'm thinking about the Navasota @ Giddings game right now but I'll see what else comes up.

Trashman
11-01-2011, 01:14 PM
I'm thinking either Brownwood/Wylie or Mason/Winters.

bowleghorses
11-01-2011, 01:15 PM
I am gunna be in Dallas tomorrow for a meeting. Originally I was gunna fly on the company plane and fly back after noon on friday. Luckily I talked my boss into letting me drive. Now I will be done with business friday at 12:00 and then I will head to Prosper to watch them tear up Princeton. Are there any thursday games that I can catch while I'm there?

Leopard4Life
11-01-2011, 01:26 PM
I am gunna be in Dallas tomorrow for a meeting. Originally I was gunna fly on the company plane and fly back after noon on friday. Luckily I talked my boss into letting me drive. Now I will be done with business friday at 12:00 and then I will head to Prosper to watch them tear up Princeton. Are there any thursday games that I can catch while I'm there?

Argyle vs. Sanger @ Argyle. It is haul from Dallas though.

bowleghorses
11-01-2011, 01:37 PM
I'll be staying at the Gaylord Texan, I guess thats north dallas. Argyle is towards Justin area isn't it?

bowleghorses
11-01-2011, 01:48 PM

Is this a varsity game?

Bullaholic
11-01-2011, 01:48 PM
I'll be staying at the Gaylord Texan, I guess thats north dallas. Argyle is towards Justin area isn't it?

The Gaylord is in Grapevine, bowlegs. Just go N. on 114 from Grapevine to 35W, take it North a few miles to Argyle exit.

bowleghorses
11-01-2011, 01:49 PM
The Gaylord is in Grapevine, bowlegs. Just go N. on 114 from Grapevine to 35W, take it North a few miles to Argyle exit.

I thought it was off 35 W.

bowleghorses
11-01-2011, 01:49 PM
Do you know if this is a varsity game?

Leopard4Life
11-01-2011, 01:53 PM

Yes, you are only about 30 minutes away if you are at the Gaylord. Go around Lake Grapevine and you are there. From where you are at that sounds like the best Thursday night game.

I'm tempted to go up to Prosper on Friday to watch them stomp Princeton. We played both teams and we play Community on Friday which won't be much of a contest.

We lost big to Prosper and beat Princeton (would have one bigger without the clueless officiating). Prosper showed great sportsmanship, Princeton was dirty. Chop blocking was the main concern for injury, the rest was childish stuff like pushing helmets into the ground while getting up, late hits, shoving players down away from the ball where the ref couldn't see (especially after the play was over and the whistle had blown). According to Farmersfan the Princeton team talks a TON of smack, even though last Friday they couldn't back it up. Princeton holds a lot, especially the receivers and the RB. I wouldn't mind watching Prosper stick it to them. Prosper is far and away the best team out of 11-3A this year and I look for them to make a deep run in D2.

Manso/V8
11-01-2011, 11:46 PM
Thanks Bullaholic, but I'm about 3 hrs from Wimberley and Old Navy am 4 hrs from Gladewater. Those are a little far for me. I'm thinking about the Navasota @ Giddings game right now but I'll see what else comes up.

Scout the La Grange @ Smithville game.

regaleagle
11-02-2011, 12:04 AM
The Argyle-Sanger game will be televised locally in the Dallas market by I think KXTA on Thurs. night. It wouldn't surprise me a bit to see 100+ pts. put up by these offensive juggernauts. It will be DCTF"S 3A Coverboy Dane Evans as Sanger's qb vs. Argyle's Austin Aune, a TCU recruit. Both teams a mirror images on offense. I think Argyle's line on both sides of the balls is better, and their D is much better. But the points put up so far by each team is very high and I look for an entertaining and exciting game filled with nonstop action. So get their early, and be ready for a SRO event. :1popcorn: