PDA

View Full Version : Columbia vs sinton/RF

Saggy Aggie
11-01-2011, 10:01 AM
If Mathis wins, sinton vs WC in the dub.

If RF wins, WC vs RF somewhere and it's gonna be a hell of a drive for me

Phil C
11-01-2011, 11:20 AM
If Mathis wins, sinton vs WC in the dub.

If RF wins, WC vs RF somewhere and it's gonna be a hell of a drive for me

I know what you mean. I have always felt that a district winner whether football or other sports should get home field against any team that is runnerup or third place in their district. At least for the first two playoff games anyway. But I guess it is a ridiculous thought.

OldNavy
11-01-2011, 01:35 PM
I know what you mean. I have always felt that a district winner whether football or other sports should get home field against any team that is runnerup or third place in their district. At least for the first two playoff games anyway. But I guess it is a ridiculous thought.

:doh::doh:Doh! I wish I had thought of that! That is a great idea. Have you been in contact with the UIL? That would make winning District worth more than a trophy. It would even work in D1 except for the times when both teams also won their districts. Then by agreement or coin toss. I like it. I wonder, if all of us on the Downlow wrote the UIL, could we get that change? Would the coaches and Supers be in favor of it?

playnhurt
11-01-2011, 01:44 PM
Supers would oppose it unless you could convince them it was their idea!

SintonFan
11-01-2011, 02:41 PM
Supers would oppose it unless you could convince them it was their idea!

Inception?

zebrablue2
11-01-2011, 07:09 PM

Ridiculous indeed GF! Hope I get to work a game on you alls new turf field this yr. Phil.
If so, do you have some guest quarters for 5 tired officials after the game?? Drinks included.:D

Ranger354
11-01-2011, 08:38 PM
Rockport should beat Mathis, but we will know more Friday night late. I hope they do and Sinton goes division II. Maybe these boys would get to play a couple more weeks. They have come along way, but are not the power Sinton had last year. Take away the trick plays that WC scored on last year and it's a much different game. Still a good game but I think the Sinton folks were shocked to play one and be done.

However it plays out these kids are scrappers for sure.

yellaseeker
11-01-2011, 10:31 PM
Rockport should beat Mathis, but we will know more Friday night late. I hope they do and Sinton goes division II. Maybe these boys would get to play a couple more weeks. They have come along way, but are not the power Sinton had last year. Take away the trick plays that WC scored on last year and it's a much different game. Still a good game but I think the Sinton folks were shocked to play one and be done.

Those trick plays are part of the game of football my friend. Coaches still have to develop them and players still have to execute them. It's up to your coaches to teach how to recognize and defend it. That's what happens when you step into a different level of play. We found out all to well when we fell to chapell hill last year. Its simple, sometimes you get out played or out coached and sometimes a combination of both. I'm hoping yall get another chance in our house.

Ranger354
11-01-2011, 10:58 PM
Trick plays always get them.... Seems like sinton never game plans for them. Mathis scored on a fleaflicker last week and that was it.

scrub c
11-02-2011, 11:48 AM
Trick plays always get them.... Seems like sinton never game plans for them. Mathis scored on a fleaflicker last week and that was it.

that is why they are called trick plays... you cant plan for those.

Ranger354
11-02-2011, 03:51 PM
You can prepare for them. It's called staying on your guy, lane, area. Sinton had three onside kicks against them by Mathis last year. Mathis recovered all three and almost got the one this year they tried. Sinton rarely tries trick plays. Sure wish they would more often.

yellaseeker
11-02-2011, 09:27 PM
Most coaches watch film on opponents other games. Thing is, smart coaches will never show their full hand unless they have to. And when they have to show their full hand in a game, they usually go back to the drawing board to develop a few more for the next challenge. Can never have too many rabbits in that hat.

Roughneck93
11-02-2011, 09:32 PM
I'm thinking it's going to be the Pirates from Rockport that Columbia draws in round one.

yellaseeker
11-02-2011, 09:38 PM
I'm thinking it's going to be the Pirates from Rockport that Columbia draws in round one.

I wish you guys would quit thinking that. lol. Your jinx'in my plans. I'm hoping we get to play at home. Other than that, I wouldn't care who we play.

Roughneck93
11-02-2011, 09:43 PM
I wish you guys would quit thinking that. lol. Your jinx'in my plans. I'm hoping we get to play at home. Other than that, I wouldn't care who we play.Lol, I would love nothing more than to host Sinton in round one. Just thinking RF edges Mathis on Friday. I'm leaning on heading to that game to check them out.

SHSBulldog00
11-02-2011, 09:44 PM
I look for the playoffs to look like this

D1
West Columbia vs. Rockport-Fulton

D2
Wharton vs. Ingleside
Sweeny vs. Sinton

Roughneck93
11-02-2011, 09:49 PM
I look for the playoffs to look like this

D1
West Columbia vs. Rockport-Fulton

D2
Wharton vs. Ingleside
Sweeny vs. Sinton

Yep. That's what I'm betting on.

'Necks 2013-14
11-02-2011, 09:53 PM
Ditto. The green pie-rats probably in Victoria.
Yep. That's what I'm betting on.

SHSBulldog00
11-02-2011, 09:56 PM
Ditto. The green pie-rats probably in Victoria.

Sweeny/Sinton might be there as well.

Ranger354
11-03-2011, 07:02 AM
What does Sweeny have?

pancho villa
11-03-2011, 08:29 AM

It's funny how 1 trick play scored 4 TD'S

Saggy Aggie
11-03-2011, 08:31 AM
Lol that's what i was thinking.

Ranger354
11-03-2011, 08:52 AM
Only 1 trick play. My point was Sinton seems to always get caught off guard by the trick play.

pirate4state
11-03-2011, 10:19 AM
Only 1 trick play. My point was Sinton seems to always get caught off guard by the trick play. :doh: LOL

What hurt us in the game was their speed and our slow start. We made our adjustments and played well in the 2nd half, but by then it was too late. AND we had our chance to stop them in the 4th and their QB just killed us. I'm glad he graduated, but from the sounds of it they have about 2-3 more of him in the back field this year. :eek:

SintonFan_inAustin
11-03-2011, 10:34 AM
:doh: LOL

What hurt us in the game was their speed and our slow start. We made our adjustments and played well in the 2nd half, but by then it was too late. AND we had our chance to stop them in the 4th and their QB just killed us. I'm glad he graduated, but from the sounds of it they have about 2-3 more of him in the back field this year. :eek:When i look back at the video, their qb had a knack of getting the first down on 3rd down and couple of times on 4th down. Their speed on defense took away the extra yardage after a catch was also something i noticed. Overall Sinton held their running game in check with the exception of their qb on the scrambles. I really thought Sinton would comeback on that last drive when they got just past mid field and Columbia came up with the big stop and Sinton punted inside the 5. Still possible to meet them again if Mathis plays their best game against RF on friday night. It's either West Columbia first round in D1 or maybe Wimberley in the 3rd round in D2.....

sinton66
11-03-2011, 10:47 AM
It's funny how 1 trick play scored 4 TD'S ONE touchdown and an extra point was the difference in the game, not four.

Ranger354
11-03-2011, 10:50 AM
So back to my question........ What does Sweeney have?

pancho villa
11-03-2011, 11:12 AM
So back to my question........ What does Sweeney have?

Sweeny's line is huge and their backs are fast. What else you want to know?

pancho villa
11-03-2011, 11:14 AM
ONE touchdown and an extra point was the difference in the game, not four.

How we forget Sinton scored on a trick play with their TB, and if our safety dosen't fall down in the endzone he picks that TD pass.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-03-2011, 11:14 AM
Sweeny's line is huge and their backs are fast. What else you want to know?So tiny and slow? or is that Sinton :ack!:

Ranger354
11-03-2011, 11:44 AM
Saw a YouTube video of Sweeny and the lineman looked big but they weren't that impressive.

Saggy Aggie
11-03-2011, 11:51 AM
+1 to what pancho said. Sinton got extremely lucky on that td pass where our DB fell down. Was 100% gonna be a pic otherwise and ends up being a td instead. Big swing.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-03-2011, 11:58 AM
+1 to what pancho said. Sinton got extremely lucky on that td pass where our DB fell down. Was 100% gonna be a pic otherwise and ends up being a td instead. Big swing.Big swing on the non interception by Columbia with Sinton driving and Columbia first score that had couple of breaks starting with that punt that was blocked and 4th down scrambles to keep the short drive alive for Columbia....... But we could go on and on the breaks for each team botttom line Columiba won in a very good game.

Might put up some of the video of the game this weekend just for memories :)

jmar623
11-03-2011, 12:11 PM
Why would't Columbia play Sinton in the 1st round? Sinton has the best district record....or Ingleside if they win & Sinton looses Friday?

sinton66
11-03-2011, 12:48 PM
How we forget Sinton scored on a trick play with their TB, and if our safety dosen't fall down in the endzone he picks that TD pass.

LOL, and if "IFS and BUTS" were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry christmas. Still just One score difference.

pirate4state
11-03-2011, 03:46 PM
Why would't Columbia play Sinton in the 1st round? Sinton has the best district record....or Ingleside if they win & Sinton looses Friday?

We are not the biggest school in our district. IF Rockport beats Mathis (like they should) they will play Columbia as the DI rep.

nexfan
11-03-2011, 06:42 PM
Sinton didn't have good playoff luck last year against Columbia. Football or baseball. I'm hoping we get to play R-F. I like playing new teams and seeing what their program and fan following is like. I know what Sinton brings to the table. Awesome fans and a pretty good home field advantage. I'd rather play the other pirates but does it really have to be in Victoria. Good God I hate playing games there.

MustangFootball
11-03-2011, 08:55 PM
Columbia should be playing the green pirates