PDA

View Full Version : Prosper

Bullaholic
10-31-2011, 03:35 PM
By my research, since/if Lovejoy made the playoffs, that puts Prosper in the D2 bracket this season. If so, I see them in the D2 final. They are one athletic team on both sides of the ball.

bowleghorses
10-31-2011, 03:37 PM
Are you kidding me, Farmersville scored 39 points on them.

Bullaholic
10-31-2011, 03:44 PM

I'm still unclear if Lovejoy made the playoffs yet....

bigwood33
10-31-2011, 03:46 PM
70-18 at the half. I'm sure the backups were in REAL early.

bowleghorses
10-31-2011, 03:56 PM
LOL. that was my way saying...let everyone overlook us.

bowleghorses
10-31-2011, 03:58 PM

I'm pretty sure they did.

Bullaholic
10-31-2011, 04:00 PM
I'm pretty sure they did.

Another thread is showing Lovejoy vs Wilmer-Hutchins in the playoffs---if true, that puts Prosper in D2.

bowleghorses
10-31-2011, 04:02 PM
Another thread is showing Lovejoy vs Wilmer-Hutchins in the playoffs---if true, that puts Prosper in D2.
That is correct

bigwood33
10-31-2011, 04:07 PM
Lovejoy will be Div 1, Prosper and Princeton will be Division 2. All 3 should win against their opponents from District 12 (although the Princeton/Madison matchup may be interesting). It looks like the matchups will be:

Div 1- Lovejoy v Wilmer- Hutchins
Div 2- Prosper v Roosevelt
Div 2- Princeton v Madison

All of the season schedules are updated and current on the individual District Pages under the Region 2 Page.

WildTexan972
10-31-2011, 05:43 PM

when all ya gotta do is beat a weak but newer Frisco isd team, F'ville and Nevada to be in, surely there is no doubt that they would be in.....

marler1972
10-31-2011, 08:52 PM
Wilmer-Hutchins is not a cream-puff.

OldNavy
10-31-2011, 09:29 PM
Wilmer-Hutchins is not a cream-puff.

I suspect they really are. They are 6 & 3 and did not play a real tough schedule. They lost to Roosevelt, and Madison beat Roosevelt 45 to 12. Madison plays Wilmer-Hutchins this week and we shall see.

83Indian
11-01-2011, 09:31 PM
I think Prosper will win their region. Alvarado beat them 28 to 7 but two of our TD's were man to man coverage on Bates and he burnt them. Prosper will get to the semi's and give some team a good game.

eagle9
11-01-2011, 09:41 PM
what is prosper's projected playoff path? i know they have roosevelt round 1, and then an argyle rematch round 2. who would be after that?

Leopard4Life
11-01-2011, 09:41 PM
The two TD's were against a backup DB. I don't know what the status of the starter was. Tyler's other TD was a tipped pass. I wasn't at the game but I did listen to it on sportsgram and the score doesn't reflect how evenly matched the teams were. Too bad Prosper is going D2, I'd like to see the rematch.

83Indian
11-01-2011, 10:07 PM
The two TD's were against a backup DB. I don't know what the status of the starter was. Tyler's other TD was a tipped pass. I wasn't at the game but I did listen to it on sportsgram and the score doesn't reflect how evenly matched the teams were. Too bad Prosper is going D2, I'd like to see the rematch.

I was at the game. Both plays in front of our stands. 1st TD he caught a quick pass one on one with the corner, gave him a juke, and out ran everyone. Second TD was slightly under thrown. He had 5 yards on the db but slowed down, jumped and caught it, kept his balance and sprinted away. 3rd quarter, he burnt the DB again had an easy TD, but the pass was so close to the sideline he stepped out of bounds. Of course he had a pick 6 in the first quarter as well. I point this out to support your point, it would have been much closer most likely. But who knows, we may have just ball controlled down the field on those possessions anyway. I never did get why prosper abandoned the run so early. Prospers offensive line is huge. Tried to pass too much in my opinion.

Leopard4Life
11-01-2011, 10:17 PM
I was at the game. Both plays in front of our stands. 1st TD he caught a quick pass one on one with the corner, gave him a juke, and out ran everyone. Second TD was slightly under thrown. He had 5 yards on the db but slowed down, jumped and caught it, kept his balance and sprinted away. 3rd quarter, he burnt the DB again had an easy TD, but the pass was so close to the sideline he stepped out of bounds. Of course he had a pick 6 in the first quarter as well. I point this out to support your point, it would have been much closer most likely. But who knows, we may have just ball controlled down the field on those possessions anyway. I never did get why prosper abandoned the run so early. Prospers offensive line is huge. Tried to pass too much in my opinion.

Prosper put the same DB in late in the Lovejoy game and we burnt him twice. We got nothing off the starter. Alvarado play's lights out D... Prosper has been running it up on everyone since week 3. I saw the Tyler Bates highlight reel, that's how I now he burnt the same backup twice.