PDA

View Full Version : District 26

bulldog82
10-31-2011, 01:55 PM
Now that everyone but CL has played Bandera, just wondering, of course..... in your opinion.... Is Bandera just that bad, lacking the athletes, or just full of bad luck, is the coaching too predictable/poor. What is it! I just can't determin what it is. or is it all the above. Season has been the second worst in history with last year being the worst.

Sportshack
10-31-2011, 02:26 PM
It seemed to me that Bandera had serious issues in the trenches. I was looking at D-line men and one of those kids had skinnier looking calves than my old chicken legs. They used some quickness and effort to hang around for a half. However, the Bandera kids were pretty well done early in 3rd qtr. The o-line did not look real athletic either. I did not think the skills players were bad but not any real special playmakers. I would guess the issue is talent. Bandera had a serioulsy talented team in 2009 and the difference over last two years is palbable. Schools this size sometimes run through talent cycles. Is it the same coaching staff or different? Seemed like similar schemes.

bulldog82
11-01-2011, 04:40 PM
[QUOTE=Sportshack;1628054]It seemed to me that Bandera had serious issues in the trenches. I was looking at D-line men and one of those kids had skinnier looking calves than my old chicken legs. They used some quickness and effort to hang around for a half. However, the Bandera kids were pretty well done early in 3rd qtr. The o-line did not look real athletic either. I did not think the skills players were bad but not any real special playmakers. I would guess the issue is talent. Bandera had a serioulsy talented team in 2009 and the difference over last two years is palbable. Schools this size sometimes run through talent cycles. Is it the same coaching staff or different? Seemed like similar schemes.[/QUOTE

I guess it is just a cycle, but still, things have never been this bad. We have lacked some size, even in 09, but relyed on quickness to get things done. We've got some size coming up from JV and Fresh but might be lacking in skills players. Will probly end up with young QB or one with little experience. The JR back up this year is having injury problems and has'nt had much time at QB. Don't know what O actually calls the offense, suppose to be QB read. Seem like we run same play over and over. Passing consists of throwing parallel with line of scrimage or hail mary down field. Nothing short or atleast not as offten as parallel or for it all. I don't know, still at a loss.

bag-o-chips
11-01-2011, 06:37 PM
What I saw against Navarro was a very scrappy team but lacking size. They did not give up but at the same time when Navarro went to straight power the last 6 minutes Bandera just did not have enough gas left to make a stop.

bulldog82
11-01-2011, 11:00 PM
What I saw against Navarro was a very scrappy team but lacking size. They did not give up but at the same time when Navarro went to straight power the last 6 minutes Bandera just did not have enough gas left to make a stop.

Last couple of drives Navarro rolled out with 8 10 yard passes and ran for 20, just ran it down our throats. Then powered it in on the goal line. Those short passes down field is what i would like us to do. Our QB is not mobile enough to have time for recievers to run the 30 40 yard fade and yes, line is not big enough to fend off the rush for that long either.

NastySlot
11-02-2011, 08:34 AM
you all seem to have a pretty good QB (football player for that matter) on the freshman team.