PDA

View Full Version : Is Barbers Hill that good???????

southeastfootball
10-03-2001, 02:01 PM
I read there scores every week and they have beat some descent 4a teams such as Willis and Dickinson. Willis went 2 deep last year in 4a and had 8 returning on defense and Dickinson has only lost one game so far this year and that is to Barbers Hill. Are is all of this misleading like it was last year

RBARKER
10-03-2001, 05:15 PM
I have attended all of Barbers Hill's games this year. Yes they are pretty good. good enough to make a run at the title? who knows. Last year they had a good team also but when they got in to the playoffs it didnt seem like the coaches did their homework. I hope the Coaches go into the playoffs this year a little more prepared. I think Barbers Hill could suprise a lot of teams in the playoffs. They have 2 good running backs and a quarterback that can run and throw the ball. Defense is a lot stronger in the secondary this year and can stop the run. So we will see how they do this year!

grayfox
10-05-2001, 01:30 PM
I TAKE EXCEPTION TO THE REMARK ABOUT BARBERS HILL COACHES. THE STAFF IS A FINE MIXTURE OF EXPERIENCE AND YOUTH. BARBERS HILL HAS WON 25 STRAIGHT REGULAR SEASON GAMES AND ARE IN THEIR 3RD UNDEFEATED SEASON. THE COACHES ARE AMONG THE MOST RESPECTED GROUP NOT ONLY IN SOUTHEAST TEXAS, BUT ALSO IN THE STATE. WHEN THE CURRENT STAFF TOOK OVER THE PROGRAM WAS IN BAD SHAPE AND AFTER A FIRST YEAR OF 5-5, 12-1, 11-1, AND 5-0 IS AN EXCELLENT RUN. THE PROGRAM IS IN GOOD SHAPE BECAUSE OF EXPERIENCED, DEDICATED AND MOST OF ALL HARD WORKING COACHES THAT CARE A LOT ABOUT KIDS.

Old Cardinal
10-06-2001, 08:27 PM
I hope to see Newton vs Barbers Hill-it ought to be a hum-dinger of a ballgame, in post season.

southeastfootball
10-07-2001, 08:52 AM
Well I looked at it and if rice and bh win their district they will meet in the area round of the playoffs if that happened it would have to be game of the week a very good defense versus a very good offense

BHCLASSOF86
10-09-2001, 09:09 PM
Grayfox-I think last year's results speak for themselves. BH was totally outclassed by a superior team in the playoffs. That could be because of talent or coaching. Which would you pick??

southeastfootball
10-09-2001, 09:44 PM
i can answer that one in the sweeny game last year they were not as talented