PDA

View Full Version : Whitesboro Question

NastySlot
10-31-2011, 09:36 AM
have they clinched a spot in the playoffs yet ...someone posted they had never made it and I was hoping they would. If my research is right they are 2-2 in district is that correct?

Gsquared
10-31-2011, 10:17 AM
To remove all doubt and tie breakers, I think they have to beat Pilot Point Friday. PP is way down so I think Whitesboro can tackle that task

partimefan
10-31-2011, 10:22 AM
I believe that they are in IF
Gainesville loses to Aubre
or
Whitesboro beats PP

Both of those should happen.

Go Bearcats!!

Pick6
10-31-2011, 11:15 AM
Wboro wins and they're in. They control their own destiny.

NastySlot
10-31-2011, 11:28 AM
Go Bearcats(WB).

CHS_89
10-31-2011, 11:58 AM
Go Bearcats(WB).

Lets Go Whitesboro...Make it happen!!!

Bullaholic
10-31-2011, 12:36 PM
Pulling for some Bearcat history this year....

OldNavy
10-31-2011, 01:50 PM
They way I understand it is win against Pilot Point and Whitesboro is in. If they lose to Pilot Point, they would be in if Aubrey lost to Gainesville.

Dr Death
10-31-2011, 02:36 PM
Whitesboro is in 3-2 vs Aub 3-2 if Aub wins this week. Head to head gets Whiteboro in with a win over PP.
3 way tie for 3rd if Whitesboro loses - PP2-3, Aub 2-3 and Whitesb 2-3. Aubrey goes based on -+ points.
PP is in with a win over Whitesboro and an Aub loss.

DavidWooderson
10-31-2011, 02:50 PM
Whitesboro will be in after a win over PP Friday night....trust me. HOWEVER if Pilot Point beats Whitesboro, Gainesville beats Aubrey and Sanger beats Argyle....Pilot Point is in! LOL that ain't gonna happen!

bigwood33
10-31-2011, 03:00 PM
If the season ends with a 3 way tie for 3rd (Whitesboro, Pilot Point, and Aubrey) the most likely team to get in is Aubrey since they maxed out on points against PP and we only beat them (Aubrey) by 5. BTW, the same thing happened to us in '07 when we finished 7-3 but lost out on the 3 way tiebreaker. If Aubrey wins and we lose to PP, Aubrey is in since they beat PP "head to head". If Aubrey loses to Gainsville and PP beats us, PP will get in due to the fact that they beat us "head to head". Pretty much the only way we get in is to win this week and we are the only team of the three that controls their own destiny. We don't need any help and both Aubrey and PP do. We just need to take care of our own business and finish 3-2 in district. The whole thing will give you "tired head" just thinking about it.
Thank you all for the kind support. I know that there is some "pity" vote out there and that is certainly understandable. Our kids work hard too and one would think that the law of averages would eventually catch up but so far it hasn't. We actually have a pretty good team this year. Our only losses are to 9-0 Decatur, 8-1 Argyle, and 9-0 Sanger. Along the way we have beaten 8-1 Pottsboro (2A but a pretty good team) and 6-3 Bowie (who it looks like will win District 6- 3A).

partimefan
10-31-2011, 03:23 PM
No pity here, Big'un.

Your Bearcats are a good team that play with class and courage. Pulling especially for Jon and for Jordan!!

Beat PP!!!

bigwood33
10-31-2011, 03:48 PM
No pity here, Big'un.

Your Bearcats are a good team that play with class and courage. Pulling especially for Jon and for Jordan!!

Beat PP!!!
Thanks bud! Those are 2 classy kids...if I do say so myself.

turbostud
10-31-2011, 05:58 PM
Gonna be working in DeSoto this week but I get off work friday at 3pm and I'm driving straight to Whitesboro to watch history in the making.

bobcat1
10-31-2011, 06:22 PM
Get 'em bigwood33! Feed them boys right this week! I'm pullin' for y'all!

NTFan
10-31-2011, 06:26 PM
Bigwood.....I am one of many across the state pulling for Whitesboro this week. Those coaches and kids have worked hard and deserve to enjoy the Friday night lights....playoff edition. Coach Gil is one of the classiest coaches around. I hope the Whitesboro people enjoy this and soak it up like a sponge. Good luck to the WB Bearcats on Friday.........

OldNavy
10-31-2011, 07:02 PM
Bigwood.....I am one of many across the state pulling for Whitesboro this week. Those coaches and kids have worked hard and deserve to enjoy the Friday night lights....playoff edition. Coach Gil is one of the classiest coaches around. I hope the Whitesboro people enjoy this and soak it up like a sponge. Good luck to the WB Bearcats on Friday.........

You have fans nation wide. Best of luck Friday and stay healthy.

Twirling Time
11-01-2011, 07:53 AM
Whitesboro will be in after a win over PP Friday night....trust me. HOWEVER if Pilot Point beats Whitesboro, Gainesville beats Aubrey and Sanger beats Argyle....Pilot Point is in! LOL that ain't gonna happen!

What Sanger and Argyle do doesn't matter. The top two in 9-3A are set and Sanger will play Celina and Argyle will most likely play Commerce. Whitesboro would more than likely play Van Alstyne in a cow pasture in Dorchester.

But yes, If Pilot Point wins and Aubrey loses, then Pilot Point would be in. I suppose they could pass on the cow pasture then and play VA in Gunter.