PDA

View Full Version : Alvarado People please read...

Lions88
10-31-2011, 08:53 AM
I know that you guys are really amped up because your team is doing so well right now. I believe they will go far, but please contain your own people on the message boards in east texas. Your getting roasted over there...

http://www.smoaky.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=122913

http://www.smoaky.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=122737

http://www.smoaky.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=123360

Lions88
10-31-2011, 10:27 AM
I know that you guys are really amped up because your team is doing so well right now. I believe they will go far, but please contain your own people on the message boards in east texas. Your getting roasted over there...

Bump

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-31-2011, 10:45 AM
Honestly with Hendersons play this year Im starting to feel you wont be there to play for the State Semis.. Too tough of competition for your team. Losing to Carthage and Gilmer took it out of ya... Good luck though. We are FRESH and prepared... We havent been beat up "any" this year.. No one has been close in any game. But then again.. ya never know. And by the way... looks whos doing the roasting.. lol.. Central Texas will represent..

Lions88
10-31-2011, 10:50 AM
Honestly with Hendersons play this year Im starting to feel you wont be there to play for the State Semis.. Too tough of competition for your team. Losing to Carthage and Gilmer took it out of ya... Good luck though. We are FRESH and prepared... We havent been beat up "any" this year.. No one has been close in any game. But then again.. ya never know. And by the way... looks whos doing the roasting.. lol.. Central Texas will represent..
I have been paying attention to you guys all year, and I think yall are a great team that had a tough schd at first but it has really slacked off. It could hurt you in the playoffs like it has us at the beginning of the season with our easy preseason. Btw, Henderson lost to Gilmer and Carthage last year and still won the state title. I know this year is different but I wouldnt count your chickens before they hatch ;)

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-31-2011, 12:26 PM
I agree.. Im just saying this is a different team in a good way. Keep your eyes peeled.. watch closely..

Bullaholic
10-31-2011, 12:34 PM
Well, knock me down with a feather---actually some good ol' fashioned, but not mean-spirited, playoff trash talkin' on the board.....:D

Bullaholic
10-31-2011, 12:41 PM
please contain your own people on the message boards in east texas.

Now that right there is funny---I don't care who you are.....:D

Lions88
10-31-2011, 12:49 PM
Well, knock me down with a feather---actually some good ol' fashioned, but not mean-spirited, playoff trash talkin' on the board.....:D

Ehh... I did that last year... need to sing a new tune.. ;)

Bullaholic
10-31-2011, 01:04 PM
Ehh... I did that last year... need to sing a new tune.. ;)

There was a lot more last year---seems like not many folks want to swap brags this season.

Pendragon13
10-31-2011, 01:04 PM
I didn't realize that Smoaky was just for east Texas.. :thinking:

Bullaholic
10-31-2011, 01:06 PM
I didn't realize that Smoaky was just for east Texas.. :thinking:

It's not---until they notice you're from some other part of the state where they only play slow "touch"....:D

IndianFan2012
10-31-2011, 01:09 PM
Nothing can stack up to our D. :stirpot:

Lions88
10-31-2011, 01:23 PM
Lets wait till you face a beast from the east ;) Then we will know how mighty the Indian Defense is..

Pendragon13
10-31-2011, 01:29 PM
Nothing can stack up to our D. :stirpot:Maybe so, but consider that back in 09 Wylie's first team D (no subs) didn't allow a touchdown until halfway through the season...and that included some tough 4A/3A teams in pre-district. Of course we went into the finals pretty banged up from Lovejoy...but even so, I don't think we could have stopped the sheer speed and athleticism that Gilmer had that year. It's possible you have the best team in 3A div1 this year...but it remains to be seen. ;)

hollywood
10-31-2011, 01:32 PM

I'm not sure who is going D1, but CH, Henderson, Celina, Argyle, Lucas Lovejoy, Coldspring, Wimberley and maybe even Abilene Wylie could give the ole Indians a challenge. Alvarado hasn't been playing much comp... not taking anything away from the Indians, but just sayin'.

IndianFan2012
10-31-2011, 01:43 PM
I'm not sure who is going D1, but CH, Henderson, Celina, Argyle, Lucas Lovejoy, Coldspring, Wimberley and maybe even Abilene Wylie could give the ole Indians a challenge. Alvarado hasn't been playing much comp... not taking anything away from the Indians, but just sayin'.

Our district is really lacking in strength this year but our pre season had some strong teams! We beat an awesome Prosper team 28-7

hollywood
10-31-2011, 02:07 PM
Wish the Indians the best... just hope they truly understand the competition that's ahead. :)

Lions88
10-31-2011, 02:36 PM
Wish the Indians the best... just hope they truly understand the competition that's ahead. :)
Couldnt have said it better.. I just dont know how you can turn on a switch.. the last time they faced anyone of great importance in a big game against good competition was Kennedale, and then Kennedale bit the dust. Can a team go 6 weeks like they might have to until they see some great teams and still win?? Its going to be really tough.

BEAST
10-31-2011, 03:15 PM
Couldnt have said it better.. I just dont know how you can turn on a switch.. the last time they faced anyone of great importance in a big game against good competition was Kennedale, and then Kennedale bit the dust. Can a team go 6 weeks like they might have to until they see some great teams and still win?? Its going to be really tough.

It is very tough. As much as anything I think that hurt Brownwood last year. No team stayed within 28 points of us until Carthage, heck it may have even been 35. Its very hard to stay sharp when you just steam roll every team in your path.

BEAST

cowboyandchrist
10-31-2011, 08:49 PM
I tried to tell Rocket last year about East Texas speed and he did not believe me. Now I will try and tell you about East Texas speed. Alvarado is darn sure a good team, but it is a lot different playings teams you can run with and playing a Chapell Hill that I can assure you, their linemen are as fast as your linebackers. You will have a very hard time keeping up with the receivers and backs. The D will be faster than you what you have ever faced, a lot faster than Henderson was last year. Remember I tried to tell you. God Bless and hope you make it to a team from the East.

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-31-2011, 08:52 PM
I tried to tell Rocket last year about East Texas speed and he did not believe me. Now I will try and tell you about East Texas speed. Alvarado is darn sure a good team, but it is a lot different playings teams you can run with and playing a Chapell Hill that I can assure you, their linemen are as fast as your linebackers. You will have a very hard time keeping up with the receivers and backs. The D will be faster than you what you have ever faced, a lot faster than Henderson was last year. Remember I tried to tell you. God Bless and hope you make it to a team from the East.

Alvarado is fast.. faster than anyone gives us credit for.. u dont hold teams under 50 total yds with slow players... and you dang sure dont average almost 50 pts a game being slow.. come on. lol..

cowboyandchrist
10-31-2011, 08:57 PM
Alvarado is fast.. faster than anyone gives us credit for.. u dont hold teams under 50 total yds with slow players... and you dang sure dont average almost 50 pts a game being slow.. come on. lol..
That is the same thing Brownwood said last year they were beating teams a lot worse than Alvarado has been. East Texas speed is a whole lot different animal. Good luck in the playoffs.

Tin Cup
10-31-2011, 09:01 PM
Alvarado is good and no one is questioning it. But take it from us bwd fans when we say all your blowouts are good for nothing and no one in east Texas cares. In my opinion Alvarado is extremely lucky being D1 and only having to beat a Henderson. They are the 2nd/3rd best team in their own district. East Texas teams have earned my respect bc I thought we would never lose last year. But we did.

Txbroadcaster
10-31-2011, 09:25 PM
as of right now Alvarado would beat Henderson by 2 TDs..Henderson as of now would not even get close to stopping the Alvarado run game

Alvarado..you cant really put up the Prosper win as a big win IMO because that was before Prosper figured some things out

Lions88
10-31-2011, 09:51 PM
as of right now Alvarado would beat Henderson by 2 TDs..Henderson as of now would not even get close to stopping the Alvarado run game

Alvarado..you cant really put up the Prosper win as a big win IMO because that was before Prosper figured some things out

Idk about 2 TD's.. I think it would be closer than that... A TD-3pts at least...

Txbroadcaster
10-31-2011, 09:55 PM
Idk about 2 TD's.. I think it would be closer than that... A TD-3pts at least...

not from what i saw from Henderson and Alvarado...again AS OF NOW..teams can improve of course but the line play on Lions D is bad

Lions88
10-31-2011, 09:58 PM
not from what i saw from Henderson and Alvarado...again AS OF NOW..teams can improve of course but the line play on Lions D is bad

I wont argue that.. it has been bad.. but I wonder if its because of the caliber of team..but you are right.. it has been terrible.

Txbroadcaster
10-31-2011, 10:20 PM
I wont argue that.. it has been bad.. but I wonder if its because of the caliber of team..but you are right.. it has been terrible.

thing is the caiber Henderson played last two weeks IMO is not as good as Alvarado...The Indians have as good or better O-line than Carthage

Lions88
10-31-2011, 10:23 PM
thing is the caiber Henderson played last two weeks IMO is not as good as Alvarado...The Indians have as good or better O-line than Carthage

Really?? You think that Alvarado is Better than Gilmer and Carthage? So are they better or near to Chapel Hill?

Txbroadcaster
10-31-2011, 10:25 PM
Really?? You think that Alvarado is Better than Gilmer and Carthage? So are they better or near to Chapel Hill?

right now..I think Alvarado is as good..no not better than CH

Lions88
10-31-2011, 10:32 PM
right now..I think Alvarado is as good..no not better than CH

Humm.. interesting...

hsbtex
11-01-2011, 05:44 AM
Sooo...can I go over to Smoaky and talk about all that east texas speed in 4a and 5a???

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-01-2011, 05:59 AM
All this talk about East Texas speed... I tell ya what. Id rather have a ball control offense that holds the ball 75% of the clock. and scores all the time.. If you make 2 stops on thier offense then you beat them pretty badly. There is NO ONE who can stop our ball control. I bet we havent had 10 punts all year! Thats because we control the clock. Everyone likes to see that speed and brag about that "big play". I look at it like this.. we all like to see a dunk in the NBA... Its flashy, impressive and exciting. No one likes to see a lay up. But I garauntee more games have been won by lay ups... Because if youre making lay ups youre getting to your goal pretty easily! and we have a defense that will stop most people.. Nice combo..

BEAST
11-01-2011, 07:50 AM
All this talk about East Texas speed... I tell ya what. Id rather have a ball control offense that holds the ball 75% of the clock. and scores all the time.. If you make 2 stops on thier offense then you beat them pretty badly. There is NO ONE who can stop our ball control. I bet we havent had 10 punts all year! Thats because we control the clock. Everyone likes to see that speed and brag about that "big play". I look at it like this.. we all like to see a dunk in the NBA... Its flashy, impressive and exciting. No one likes to see a lay up. But I garauntee more games have been won by lay ups... Because if youre making lay ups youre getting to your goal pretty easily! and we have a defense that will stop most people.. Nice combo..

If you are dunking wouldnt that also mean you were getting to your goal easily? Just sayin......

BEAST

toddg
11-01-2011, 07:56 AM

you know.. East texas speedis good, but it didnt stop SLC, Katy, Trinity, Highland Park, Lake Travis, Aledo..teams not noted for great speed from dominating the last decade...execution and DISCIPLINE is what wins games..Henderson didnt beat Alvarado with its speed last year, i was there, they beat the indians with exceptional offensive line play down the stretch and great coaching adjustments coupled by Alvarado's lack of adjustment to the wildcat after the lion qb went down and lack of DL rotation..Alvarado had their chances to win that game, it was 20-13 not a blow out, not a case of Hendersons overwelming speed..just a good hard fought game with Henderson being the better team that night. Alvarado has speed where they need speed and power where they need power and are a much more balanced football team this year and will be hard for any 3a team out there to beat. if you are able to catch one of the alvarado games during the playoffs..watch the heart that Cobra's son plays with..than you'll understand the enthusiasum.

gatordaze
11-01-2011, 08:39 AM

Bobcats are a stalking and ambush predator. like most cats, with the notable exception of cheetahs, they attempt to catch their prey unaware rather than chase it down. They are master hunters that employ patience, speed, and precision rather than brute force. The cat is silent on approach, quick on the attack, and efficient in making the kill.

Just saying...

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-01-2011, 08:51 AM
you know.. East texas speedis good, but it didnt stop SLC, Katy, Trinity, Highland Park, Lake Travis, Aledo..teams not noted for great speed from dominating the last decade...execution and DISCIPLINE is what wins games..Henderson didnt beat Alvarado with its speed last year, i was there, they beat the indians with exceptional offensive line play down the stretch and great coaching adjustments coupled by Alvarado's lack of adjustment to the wildcat after the lion qb went down and lack of DL rotation..Alvarado had their chances to win that game, it was 20-13 not a blow out, not a case of Hendersons overwelming speed..just a good hard fought game with Henderson being the better team that night. Alvarado has speed where they need speed and power where they need power and are a much more balanced football team this year and will be hard for any 3a team out there to beat. if you are able to catch one of the alvarado games during the playoffs..watch the heart that Cobra's son plays with..than you'll understand the enthusiasum.

Toddg thats awesome of you to say... Im one of the proudest dads on the planet. There are just some things you cant coach. It takes a team.. There are not many superstars on this team. Just a lot of wholesome farm boys with talent. Forming what could be a state champion.. Funny back when I was coaching all these boys in the peewee leagues and on up to when they became Cobra football players in the spring. I predicted a state championship either this year or next... These kids are a family. They grew up together. They love each other and would bleed for each other. They will never give up. HEART is the right word.. And there are boys that lead by example on this team.. and now this Heart is beating strong..

hollywood
11-01-2011, 09:05 AM
Toddg thats awesome of you to say... Im one of the proudest dads on the planet. There are just some things you cant coach. It takes a team.. There are not many superstars on this team. Just a lot of wholesome farm boys with talent. Forming what could be a state champion.. Funny back when I was coaching all these boys in the peewee leagues and on up to when they became Cobra football players in the spring. I predicted a state championship either this year or next... These kids are a family. They grew up together. They love each other and would bleed for each other. They will never give up. HEART is the right word.. And there are boys that lead by example on this team.. and now this Heart is beating strong..

Cobra, understanding that you have a son on the team and also have a strong emotional attachment to these players is awesome. You have seen the talent and determination of what this group wants to accomplish. Not to take ANYTHING away from that, you have to put it in perspective and understand that so many other teams are in the same position. Last years Brownwood team was a group of players that had been together since they were very young for the most part. They were like brothers. They were beating the crap out of everyone until Carthage. And to talk about East Texas speed is one thing... Brownwood had just as much speed as Carthage did... it was the size of the speed that finally caught up to Brownwood. The linemen were big, strong and fast and overpowered Brownwood by the end of the night. Here's what East Texas people know and we are learning... if a school get's a really good coaching staff that can inforce descipline, the sky is the limit because the talent pool is endless.

Wish the Indians the best... look out for the Coldsprings, Wimberleys, Hendersons and maybe even Abilene Wylie because I know they gave the Indians a game last year.

Bullaholic
11-01-2011, 09:08 AM

Truth is---Carthage's speed did not overwhelm Brownwood---that was a close SC game that came down to the last play between two great teams who both had plenty of speed.

MGAR
11-01-2011, 09:12 AM
Sooo...can I go over to Smoaky and talk about all that east texas speed in 4a and 5a???

Go ahead and I'd bet anything that someone from Longview will bring up one of the fastest players in the state.

MGAR
11-01-2011, 09:13 AM
Truth is---Carthage's speed did not overwhelm Brownwood---that was a close SC game that came down to the last play between two great teams who both had plenty of speed.

Carthage isn't known for speed.

Chillfan
11-01-2011, 09:20 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTsBAJtIDXI

http://www.youtube.com/user/meanfish#p/u/10/qIJzRIUOcO8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEnBC0Om36Y

These boys are taking one week at a time. They have a bad taste in their mouth and are determined to make it to the big dance. We should have our QB and RB, and LB back in the next week or two. When Saenz returned in pads for practice, the kids were pumped.

ronwx5x
11-01-2011, 09:22 AM

But not a SC game.

Bullaholic
11-01-2011, 09:28 AM
But not a SC game.

You are correct, ron---it played like an SC game---my apologies to Coldspring for the oversight.

Lions88
11-01-2011, 09:49 AM
So that explains why your head is so big when it comes to Alvarado. Please listen to these people. I dont care what the massy ratings saying or anything like that. When you face a Beast from the east you will understand what everyone is saying. Brownwood learned that lesson the hard way and they had a few players go play for Texas. That brownwood team would kill the indians. Just relax, if Alvarado is as good as advertised then they will be there in the end. But dont be shocked if they get upset because of the lack of talent Alvarado has played in the last few weeks. You just dont turn that switch on.

cowboyandchrist
11-01-2011, 04:15 PM
I have to agree that Henderson may not be as good this year. Alvarado I am afraid would beat Henderson. They do not seem to be able to stop the run. Chapell Hill is a whole different story. They will have everybody back for the playoffs. They will be very fast and hard for anyone to beat.

cowboyandchrist
11-01-2011, 04:23 PM
Bobcats are a stalking and ambush predator. like most cats, with the notable exception of cheetahs, they attempt to catch their prey unaware rather than chase it down. They are master hunters that employ patience, speed, and precision rather than brute force. The cat is silent on approach, quick on the attack, and efficient in making the kill.

Just saying...
How well did that work out for the Bobcats when they were trying to catch number 22 of Carthage in the state championship game.

cowboyandchrist
11-01-2011, 04:29 PM
Brownwood was one of the best teams on offense I have ever seen (last year) Carthage won because of the last play of the game. I believe that they were the two best teams in 3 A last year. One of the best games I have ever had the honor to watch.

CHS_89
11-01-2011, 04:34 PM
How well did that work out for the Bobcats when they were trying to catch number 22 of Carthage in the state championship game.

Not very well. #22 was awesome, but make no mistake, he also had an awesome line that wore down the Bobcat D in the 2nd half. Was a great game!!

CHS_89
11-01-2011, 04:35 PM
Brownwood was one of the best teams on offense I have ever seen (last year) Carthage won because of the last play of the game. I believe that they were the two best teams in 3 A last year. One of the best games I have ever had the honor to watch.

Agree. It was the best game I have seen as well.

Pendragon13
11-01-2011, 05:05 PM
you know.. East texas speedis good, but it didnt stop SLC, Katy, Trinity, Highland Park, Lake Travis, Aledo..teams not noted for great speed from dominating the last decade...execution and DISCIPLINE is what wins games..Henderson didnt beat Alvarado with its speed last year, i was there, they beat the indians with exceptional offensive line play down the stretch and great coaching adjustments coupled by Alvarado's lack of adjustment to the wildcat after the lion qb went down and lack of DL rotation..Alvarado had their chances to win that game, it was 20-13 not a blow out, not a case of Hendersons overwelming speed..just a good hard fought game with Henderson being the better team that night. Alvarado has speed where they need speed and power where they need power and are a much more balanced football team this year and will be hard for any 3a team out there to beat. if you are able to catch one of the alvarado games during the playoffs..watch the heart that Cobra's son plays with..than you'll understand the enthusiasum.Nobody is doubting that Alvarado has a great team this year...and maybe a team that can go all the way. Having said that, what everyone in this thread is trying to tell you is that there are teams out there you won't be able to roll over...and may give you more than you bargained for. The 09 Abilene Wylie and 10 Brownwood teams found that out the hard way when they met east Texas teams that might not have had the same discipline and execution...but size, speed and raw athletic ability can more than make up for that. I understand the swell of enthusiasm...but also know how quickly things can be deflated. ;)

83Indian
11-01-2011, 09:55 PM
Alvarado is good and no one is questioning it. But take it from us bwd fans when we say all your blowouts are good for nothing and no one in east Texas cares. In my opinion Alvarado is extremely lucky being D1 and only having to beat a Henderson. They are the 2nd/3rd best team in their own district. East Texas teams have earned my respect bc I thought we would never lose last year. But we did.

I don't think you should have lost last year. I was at the game on Brownwoods side 50 yard line half way up. Probably the best HS football game I have ever seen. Hard to be critical of that game. Just thought Shipley was not utilized enough in my opinion. He was by far the best player on the field. Carthage executed almost flawlessly. It was impressive to witness. Alvarado will not underestimate any team we play in the playoffs. Were looking forward to a rematch with one of the Beasts from the East.

hsbtex
11-02-2011, 06:53 AM
MGAR, that is good stuff!! I will be sure to ask them about that player...and the results of the last two a$$ whippings we handed them :) I just wish you east texas girls could produce SOMEONE to even make a game of it with us...ATLEAST until halftime! So funny how cocky Longview was coming out for the first half of the first state championship with us...and then BAM! Whoo! That east texas speed will kill you! COMPLETELY different attitude coming out for the second half...everybody's head was down! You ladies couldn't make a first down against us, then or now. I think I will go over there and post :)

gatordaze
11-02-2011, 07:44 AM

You may have missed my point. Celina is quietly 8-0 and ranked above all 3A D1 teams with the exception of Chill. They have a dominant offense that can control the clock and score at will. They average 450 yards a game with the leading running back having 1400+ yards, 18 rushing TD's and an average of 10+ yards per carry.

Alvarado is the only D in their path that projects to challange them. Sanger will be the biggest threat to Celina's D, but Celina will limit their possessions and control the game. Celina has a great opportunity to make it to the finals again this year and yet they are not expected to even be around to meet Alvarado here on this board. I have seen Henderson and beleive that Lindale will take them out. I hope not becuase Henderson can't stop the run.

defense51
11-02-2011, 08:58 AM
Regardless of how excited or over confident the parents and fans might be, it doesn't affect the final score. I do know the Alvarado coaching staff does an excellent job of preparing the team from week to week, I'm sure that won't change in the playoffs. The teams focus is on the Friday night game only, not the Dec. 9th game like the parents and fans.

MGAR
11-02-2011, 09:05 AM
MGAR, that is good stuff!! I will be sure to ask them about that player...and the results of the last two a$$ whippings we handed them :) I just wish you east texas girls could produce SOMEONE to even make a game of it with us...ATLEAST until halftime! So funny how cocky Longview was coming out for the first half of the first state championship with us...and then BAM! Whoo! That east texas speed will kill you! COMPLETELY different attitude coming out for the second half...everybody's head was down! You ladies couldn't make a first down against us, then or now. I think I will go over there and post :)

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/68/tumblr_kudj1dFTrj1qzvqipo1_400.png

CHS_89
11-02-2011, 09:54 AM
Regardless of how excited or over confident the parents and fans might be, it doesn't affect the final score

Couldn't agree more.

Tin Cup
11-02-2011, 09:57 AM
Every year it's the same story. "these kids are brothers" and "they want it more" and "they have heart that can't be measured."

At the end of the day there will be a winner and a loser. East Texas has been pretty good at being the winner.

After last year, I'd rather have to compete and earn every victory and throw in an occasional loss than have our first true test be the semi's. Alvarado is walking a scary line just like Brownwood did last year. We had the team just like Alvarado appears to have. But all the "heart" and "brotherhood" in the world didn't get us the win.

garciap77
11-02-2011, 12:16 PM

This must have been before Glimer beat you!:D

hsbtex
11-02-2011, 12:30 PM
Mgar....SURELY you have a better response than that??!! Or is that just acknowledging that east texas can't play with the big boys :)

oldtownag
11-02-2011, 05:58 PM
Notice to 3ADL

East Texas may have speed. However, the reason Carthage is the 3 time defending state champions is Coaching.

Here is the formula. Hire a great Coach. Get all your available athletes to want to play football. Commit to working hard. Continue to improve every day, every game. Put the players in a position to do great things. Execute the game plan.

toddg
11-02-2011, 06:21 PM
Notice to 3ADL

East Texas may have speed. However, the reason Carthage is the 3 time defending state champions is Coaching.

Here is the formula. Hire a great Coach. Get all your available athletes to want to play football. Commit to working hard. Continue to improve every day, every game. Put the players in a position to do great things. Execute the game plan.

Me and Todd Dodge concur with that statement....Best post i've read on this thread!:clap:

garciap77
11-02-2011, 07:03 PM
Notice to 3ADL

# Hey, can you guys add another championship! I want to see you sign changed to Back to Back to Back to Back!:D

cowboyandchrist
11-02-2011, 07:13 PM
Mgar....SURELY you have a better response than that??!! Or is that just acknowledging that east texas can't play with the big boys :)
Bash Longview all you want to, there are only three 5a teams in East Texas. Longview, Tyler Lee, and Lufkin. I will be willing to bet their record is a lot better the last tenety years than most. Longview has played in two state championships and one semi the last three years. I think that speaks well for them.

cowboyandchrist
11-02-2011, 07:14 PM
Bash Longview all you want to, there are only three 5a teams in East Texas. Longview, Tyler Lee, and Lufkin. I will be willing to bet their record is a lot better the last tenety years than most. Longview has played in two state championships and one semi the last three years. I think that speaks well for them.
Why does 5A matter on a 3A board.

MGAR
11-02-2011, 09:23 PM

lol I guess so... 4As and 5As aren't the strength of East Texas.

hsbtex
11-04-2011, 09:13 AM
Just messing with you MGAR :) And Cowboyandchrist...I am sure their record is pretty good. But to say east texas has speed and that's why no one can beat them is simply not true...as referenced by your two state championship APPEARANCES. We know what happened when they traveled west to meet us :)

hsbtex
11-04-2011, 09:15 AM
And those were 4a state championship games...not 5a

cowboyandchrist
11-04-2011, 10:50 AM
And those were 4a state championship games...not 5a
Longview just beat the number 3 ranked 5a team in the state, that must say something about the smallest 5a enrollment in Texas. You are right is was 4a they played the two state championship games against Lake Travis both times.
Last your semi final in 5a. They have a very good chance to win this years 5a div. 2 championship. Not bad for East Texas speed. Longview does have the fastest high school player in Texas in Eric Hawkins.

cowboyandchrist
11-04-2011, 09:16 PM
Chapell Hill has all six starters back tonight including the alstar Q/B. They are up 50 to 8 over Athens at the half. Alvarado better be hitting on all cylinders if they meet the Chapell Hill bull dogs in the playoffs.

Buckeye80
11-04-2011, 11:04 PM
03 ATLANTA over Marlin
04 GILMER over Jasper
05 TATUM over Hutto
06 LIBERTY EYLAU over (for the life of me I can't remember)
07 Liberty Hill over GILMER
08 CARTHAGE over Celina
09 CARTHAGE over Graham
09 GILMER over Abilene Wylie
10 CARTHAGE over Coldspring
10 HENDERSON over CHAPEL HILL

Not too shabby for the past 8 seasons if you ask me.

regaleagle
11-05-2011, 11:51 AM
I watched that Lobo/DeSoto game. It was literal draw between the two teams. Longview has an impressive team, but won on a DeSoto mistake. Still, a great game filled with speed on BOTH sides. Back to Alvarado/ Henderson, IMO Henderson won't make it out of Region 2. Celina and Lindale will be playing for the right to face Alvarado, not Henderson. Both teams have more balance and are just better. Just my opinion. Look out for Lindale to win Region 2, then square off against a very good Alvarado team. Now that will be the game to watch, IMO.

cowboyandchrist
11-05-2011, 01:47 PM
I watched that Lobo/DeSoto game. It was literal draw between the two teams. Longview has an impressive team, but won on a DeSoto mistake. Still, a great game filled with speed on BOTH sides. Back to Alvarado/ Henderson, IMO Henderson won't make it out of Region 2. Celina and Lindale will be playing for the right to face Alvarado, not Henderson. Both teams have more balance and are just better. Just my opinion. Look out for Lindale to win Region 2, then square off against a very good Alvarado team. Now that will be the game to watch, IMO.
I think I agree with you on Celina, but it could go either way on Henderson and Lindale. Henderson's Q/B will be the difference, if he plays good, Henderson wins, if he don't they lose.

Leopard4Life
11-05-2011, 03:24 PM

Here we go with everyone looking ahead. One game at a time. Look past any opponent (especially region 2) and you will regret it...

wimbo_pro
11-05-2011, 03:30 PM
Here we go with everyone looking ahead. One game at a time. Look past any opponent (especially region 2) and you will regret it...

I can't imagine anyone looking past any opponent in R2. Too much danger.

Lions88
11-05-2011, 04:19 PM
Heard that the Spread offense gives Alvarado trouble. Thats not good when you face a fast team from the east :wave: I think yall are good.. but I think a Beast from the east takes you down if you get that far ;)

Leopard4Life
11-05-2011, 05:12 PM
Heard that the Spread offense gives Alvarado trouble. Thats not good when you face a fast team from the east :wave: I think yall are good.. but I think a Beast from the east takes you down if you get that far ;)

Prosper runs a spread and they are the fastest 3A team I've seen since the 09 Liberty Elyau team (this include the 10 Henderson team).

defense51
11-05-2011, 06:31 PM
Obviously from all the points that were scored on the Indians "d" this year...

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-05-2011, 08:14 PM

Lions88..... Your PIEHOLE sure was quiet when you didnt know if you had a chance to be in the playoffs!! lol.. Now here you are talking trash lol.. The spread doesnt scare Alvarado.. The majority of the teams we have played run that.. We still slow the scoring down... I have a feeling your teams road is a bit too tough the lions this year.. 75 pts against this year should say enough... Just sayin.

navajo joe
11-05-2011, 08:17 PM
http://t.co/L1Yl4n5vHope the Seminole indians can get through the first games so we can get a chance to play Alvarado seems like they are the team to beat in div 1 . would like to know a little more about Mineral wells. this is a link written about seminole on a Hobbs sun spots column

Buckeye80
11-05-2011, 10:39 PM
It reminds me a lot of how our fans were around the 03 timeframe. We had an outstanding season in 03, going 13-1, losing to eventual Champion Atlanta in the Reg II Finals. We were so excited to be that far into the playoffs and as fans, really were pumped to be considered a "next level" program. Now, Gilmer is one of the elite programs in the state. Let's see if Alvarado gets to that level this year, or if they are a two year flash in the pan.

Lions88
11-06-2011, 12:39 AM
Lions88..... Your PIEHOLE sure was quiet when you didnt know if you had a chance to be in the playoffs!! lol.. Now here you are talking trash lol.. The spread doesnt scare Alvarado.. The majority of the teams we have played run that.. We still slow the scoring down... I have a feeling your teams road is a bit too tough the lions this year.. 75 pts against this year should say enough... Just sayin.

Hey I have been on the bandwagon of Alvarado all year long.. so dont even go there. I do know that being held to 9-8 in the 3rd when you should be blowing out a team isnt good.. and Alvarado was at home. You may have had some success against the spread.. but Glen Rose showed it was vulnerable to you guys. And I think there are a few more teams out east that are just a little more fasters then Glen Rose. And yes our road is tougher to get to the semi's.. and when we get done through that road we will be tested.. unlike you guys.

toddg
11-06-2011, 08:23 AM
http://t.co/L1Yl4n5vHope the Seminole indians can get through the first games so we can get a chance to play Alvarado seems like they are the team to beat in div 1 . would like to know a little more about Mineral wells. this is a link written about seminole on a Hobbs sun spots column

would be a great game i believe!! Alvarado has a row to hoe before getting to that point..

toddg
11-06-2011, 08:53 AM
Hey I have been on the bandwagon of Alvarado all year long.. so dont even go there. I do know that being held to 9-8 in the 3rd when you should be blowing out a team isnt good.. and Alvarado was at home. You may have had some success against the spread.. but Glen Rose showed it was vulnerable to you guys. And I think there are a few more teams out east that are just a little more fasters then Glen Rose. And yes our road is tougher to get to the semi's.. and when we get done through that road we will be tested.. unlike you guys.

I have'nt seen a true spread since the Todd Dodge lead SLC teams.
Alvarado has a few games to play before even thinking about the semis..and im sure the only team on their mind is mineral wells this week.

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-06-2011, 09:27 AM

If you mean little 6 yd plays make us vulnerable... ok.. lol.. They didnt score in the air against us... When someone beats you with a big play then yes you are vulnerable. But that didnt happen against Glen Rose or Prosper. Bport did hit us with a big pass play on the first play of the game. But thats about it with the "spread" offense.. No one runs against us well... Im not saying we can't be beat. But someone may need a great game to do it.. and by the way... 37-9 is still a blowout..

cowboyandchrist
11-06-2011, 06:58 PM
If you mean little 6 yd plays make us vulnerable... ok.. lol.. They didnt score in the air against us... When someone beats you with a big play then yes you are vulnerable. But that didnt happen against Glen Rose or Prosper. Bport did hit us with a big pass play on the first play of the game. But thats about it with the "spread" offense.. No one runs against us well... Im not saying we can't be beat. But someone may need a great game to do it.. and by the way... 37-9 is still a blowout..
Get to Chapell Hill and you will see will see what a team plays like with 8 D1 football players. They are something to see when they are motivated.

cowboyandchrist
11-07-2011, 09:13 AM
Alvarado and Chapell Hill should be a great game if it happens. I just feel the difference in speed that Chapell Hill has would be to much for Alvarado. Chapell D linemen and linebackers are big, strong, and really fast. They are much better this year than they were last year. They won 8 out 10 games missing as many as 6 starters per game. They had everybody back for the last game against Athens and it was 50 to 7 at the half. Chapell Hill is the only team from East Texas, I feel can beat anybody they face. Gilmer, Carthage, Lindale, and Van have a good chance at wining, but they can't make mistakes against good teams and win. Chapell Hill can have miscues and still overcome. Just my opinion. God Bless.

Chillfan
11-07-2011, 09:19 AM
Alvarado and Chapell Hill should be a great game if it happens. I just feel the difference in speed that Chapell Hill has would be to much for Alvarado. Chapell D linemen and linebackers are big, strong, and really fast. They are much better this year than they were last year. They won 8 out 10 games missing as many as 6 starters per game. They had everybody back for the last game against Athens and it was 50 to 7 at the half. Chapell Hill is the only team from East Texas, I feel can beat anybody they face. Gilmer, Carthage, Lindale, and Van have a good chance at wining, but they can't make mistakes against good teams and win. Chapell Hill can have miscues and still overcome. Just my opinion. God Bless.

Athens had 30 rushing attempts for -11 yards. The team chemistry is back in full swing.

gatordaze
11-07-2011, 09:54 AM
Get to Chapell Hill and you will see will see what a team plays like with 8 D1 football players. They are something to see when they are motivated.

No doubt that any D1 players at the 3A level is impressive but according to Rivals, Chill only has 3 guys that are all committed to UNT with no other offers. Not quite 8 and not quite D1;-)

ahs_indian_fan
11-07-2011, 10:00 AM
No doubt that any D1 players at the 3A level is impressive but according to Rivals, Chill only has 3 guys that are all committed to UNT with no other offers. Not quite 8 and not quite D1;-)

I for one am interested in a Chapel Hill - Waco LaVega match up in the second round ... I think LaVega would give Chill a better run for their money that they think.

toddg
11-07-2011, 11:19 AM
It reminds me a lot of how our fans were around the 03 timeframe. We had an outstanding season in 03, going 13-1, losing to eventual Champion Atlanta in the Reg II Finals. We were so excited to be that far into the playoffs and as fans, really were pumped to be considered a "next level" program. Now, Gilmer is one of the elite programs in the state. Let's see if Alvarado gets to that level this year, or if they are a two year flash in the pan.

insert Chapel Hill in place of Alvarado in your post..and that would still be a relevant statement

^
^

Chillfan
11-07-2011, 01:04 PM

Lets just give it some time and re-discuss. I know the parents of some of these kids other than the above 3 and they are getting some nice attention.

Colton Moorehead DT Wyoming, Northwestern, and Baylor
Avery Henderson WR/DB
Anthony Kincade WR/DB Kansas State
Devron Dean S
Avery Saenz - Possibly D1 but lookin like D2. QB

Nelson Onsuwsu has committed to the Air Force. WR/P
Andrew Tucker RB/LB UNT
Rex Rollins RB UNT
Sir Calvin DT UNT

hsbtex
11-07-2011, 02:04 PM
Cowboyandchrist...just remember what happened to that east texas speed the last time they played us...two years in a row. It wasn't pretty...

Chillfan
11-08-2011, 08:50 AM
http://www.youtube.com/user/meanfish#p/u/6/U2aJoYZqub0

WildTexan972
11-08-2011, 09:25 AM

we are lowly FANS - where we look or project to in the playoffs does not matter one IOTA on the outcome in the playoffs......all that coach-speak about 1 week at a time is for the dressing room and the booster club - the rest of us can hope for or discuss any matchup on earth and it won't cause regret or anything else.....

defense51
11-08-2011, 09:33 AM
we are lowly FANS - where we look or project to in the playoffs does not matter one IOTA on the outcome in the playoffs......all that coach-speak about 1 week at a time is for the dressing room and the booster club - the rest of us can hope for or discuss any matchup on earth and it won't cause regret or anything else.....
I concur!

cowboyandchrist
11-08-2011, 12:44 PM
Cowboyandchrist...just remember what happened to that east texas speed the last time they played us...two years in a row. It wasn't pretty...
Our speed was not the problem, your coach had the players better prepared and ran plays to perfection. Give me Longviews speed with coach S from Carthage and different out come.

Cam
11-08-2011, 12:53 PM
:1popcorn:

garciap77
11-08-2011, 01:53 PM

:eek::eek::eek:

hsbtex
11-08-2011, 03:47 PM
cowboyandchrist...that is hysterical. IN NO WAY did they want anymore after the first half...of both games! They didn't like getting hit...and no coach could have corrected that. It was funny hearing Longview's fans after the first game, saying..."DAAAAMN...those boys can hit!" So you all keep running around east texas chasing each other with all that speed you speak of...but let us know when you want to play football again. I think our record against east texas speaks for itself :)

garciap77
11-08-2011, 06:49 PM
cowboyandchrist...that is hysterical. IN NO WAY did they want anymore after the first half...of both games! They didn't like getting hit...and no coach could have corrected that. It was funny hearing Longview's fans after the first game, saying..."DAAAAMN...those boys can hit!" So you all keep running around east texas chasing each other with all that speed you speak of...but let us know when you want to play football again. I think our record against east texas speaks for itself :)

:eek::eek::eek:

:1popcorn:

Buckeye80
11-08-2011, 07:14 PM

The discussion about "East Texas speed", on this website, which is discussed this time every year, is a discussion regarding the speed of the East Texas 3A programs vs the 3A programs in the rest of Texas. Now, to me, "East Texas speed" is just a sort of PC way of saying that the East Texas teams typically have more black kids, which by and large is true the majority of the time. But the discussion of demographics in Texas is for another board. Back to subject, Lake Travis, a 4A school, is not included in the conversation of East Texas vs rest of Texas on this 3A website only because 4A Lake Travis is not a 3A school, which are the schools discussed on this 3A website. In the event you find a 4A website, your argument would then be valid; since it would then be conducted on a 4A website where members discuss 4A business.

But farbeit from me to leave a cry for ego-stroking unfulfilled. So here ya go. "All Hail Lake Travis!!!! Lake Travis is a marvel. Man did you see how fundamentally sound they were! And did you see how they crushed those other kids? I can only pray that one day, my little program can be Lake Travis when it grows up! That is one impressive damn program which relies on so much more than speed like some programs in other parts of the state! They are sure something else!"

There. Feel better? You've been validated.

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-08-2011, 07:17 PM
Thats funny...

cowboyandchrist
11-08-2011, 08:44 PM
The discussion about "East Texas speed", on this website, which is discussed this time every year, is a discussion regarding the speed of the East Texas 3A programs vs the 3A programs in the rest of Texas. Now, to me, "East Texas speed" is just a sort of PC way of saying that the East Texas teams typically have more black kids, which by and large is true the majority of the time. But the discussion of demographics in Texas is for another board. Back to subject, Lake Travis, a 4A school, is not included in the conversation of East Texas vs rest of Texas on this 3A website only because 4A Lake Travis is not a 3A school, which are the schools discussed on this 3A website. In the event you find a 4A website, your argument would then be valid; since it would then be conducted on a 4A website where members discuss 4A business.

But farbeit from me to leave a cry for ego-stroking unfulfilled. So here ya go. "All Hail Lake Travis!!!! Lake Travis is a marvel. Man did you see how fundamentally sound they were! And did you see how they crushed those other kids? I can only pray that one day, my little program can be Lake Travis when it grows up! That is one impressive damn program which relies on so much more than speed like some programs in other parts of the state! They are sure something else!"

There. Feel better? You've been validated.
Thank you for coming to my rescue, God Bless LK

hsbtex
11-12-2011, 12:40 PM
Buckeye80, I will need to go back and check, but I am pretty sure that other classifications of football are discussed on this board. Stephenville vs. Everman, Godley vs. Bangs...to name a few. While I do agree that it is predominantly 3a, others are discussed. I have "discussed" on your east texas board, "smoaky"...but not many wanted to participate. I just think it is funny how you east texas people think that you are so much better than the rest of the state...and that is simply not true. I tell you what, you win four titles in a row, or even four for that matter, and I will validate you :)

Buckeye80
11-12-2011, 01:29 PM
Buckeye80, I will need to go back and check, but I am pretty sure that other classifications of football are discussed on this board. Stephenville vs. Everman, Godley vs. Bangs...to name a few. While I do agree that it is predominantly 3a, others are discussed. I have "discussed" on your east texas board, "smoaky"...but not many wanted to participate. I just think it is funny how you east texas people think that you are so much better than the rest of the state...and that is simply not true. I tell you what, you win four titles in a row, or even four for that matter, and I will validate you :)

I will have to make sure we do that then, because I'm not sure I could continue to go on without your validation.

hsbtex
11-12-2011, 01:33 PM
ten four :)

Buckeye80
11-12-2011, 01:44 PM
Shouldn't be too difficult to achieve though, seeing as how I am better than everyone else in the state apparently. I kinda like my odds.