PDA

View Full Version : Region 1 Week 10 GOTW Glen Rose @ Alvarado

R1Editor
10-30-2011, 08:12 PM
even though the wylie/brownwood game had 2 more votes Its my opinion that week 10 GOTW should be one that has meaning and not just a rivalry. And this game may end up being a blowout but so could the wylie/brownwood game either side. So since the GR/ Alvarado game has a district championship on the line.
So after stating that what are you thoughts on this matchup?
Will GR surprise everyone or will alvarado continue their run and win their second consecutive title.
Both teams are in the playoffs so I would like to wish luck to them reguardless of the outcome of this game!

texas_wildcat
10-30-2011, 08:22 PM
Alvarado will win this game by 40 but i hope it is a safe game it seems like Alvarado keeps hurting people every week. . . . . so be safe Glen Rose playoff sart next week

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-30-2011, 08:32 PM
:iagree:

toddg
10-30-2011, 10:43 PM
im predicting 22-6 alvarado purple win thursday!

toddg
10-31-2011, 05:06 AM
im predicting 22-6 alvarado purple win thursday!

IMHO Alvarado 42 Glen Rose 6...not saying the tigers are a bad team, just that the indians are that good this year.

GrTigers6
10-31-2011, 05:20 AM
Forgot to add the poll, Please merge with other thread, Thanks

defense51
10-31-2011, 06:19 AM
Alvarado wins this one, Glen Rose hasn't been consistent this year. Look for Onderdonk to run wild and the darkside defense to shut down The tigers offense.

GrTigers6
10-31-2011, 06:28 AM
Alvarado wins this one, Glen Rose hasn't been consistent this year. Look for Onderdonk to run wild and the darkside defense to shut down The tigers offense.We lost pur QB in week 3, and have struggled the next two games with young qb, but have now won 5 in a row and seem to be hitting our stride. Do I think we are a better team than Alvarado, NO. But I do believe we could put together a gameplan that can really make the game a lot closer than most people think. Our defense is playing very well, our running game is improving and we still have our passing game. I am interested to see how are defense does against your offense. Will help get us ready for playoffs.

LeonJr
10-31-2011, 08:14 AM
Leon says, "Bad Choice!" Wylie game has to be the GOTW

LeonJr
10-31-2011, 08:15 AM
This shouldn't be GOTW. Leon says, "GRTiger, you've done a good job all year with the GOTW's but this is a "HOMER" call."

IndianFan2012
10-31-2011, 08:29 AM
Leon says, "Bad Choice!" Wylie game has to be the GOTW

The Wylie game has absolutely no implications on district standings.

GrTigers6
10-31-2011, 08:41 AM
This shouldn't be GOTW. Leon says, "GRTiger, you've done a good job all year with the GOTW's but this is a "HOMER" call."This is the only game with any implications other than pride. Besides estacado and cooper but no one voted for it. It had nothing to do with GR being in it, That was the reason I waited so long to do it. I only got 12 votes on the issue so that doesnt help me decide either. I need more support from the rest of the posters so i can make a clear decision. Tried to have players of the week and cant get hardly any nominations. Im sorry if you feel that way but if it was another team in there besides GR than I would have still done the game that is for the district championship.

LeonJr
10-31-2011, 08:42 AM
Yeah but it will a better game. How bout Bowie and Burk. That's huge for three teams!

LeonJr
10-31-2011, 08:45 AM
Leon does understand the whole "nobody votes part". This forum is dying. It's not booming like it did 5-10 years ago. I vote Bowie and Burk for GOTW...

GrTigers6
10-31-2011, 08:51 AM
Yeah but it will a better game. How bout Bowie and Burk. That's huge for three teams!See thats one i missed, Thats why I asked for nominations. As best as I can tell, that one is also for district right?

hollywood
10-31-2011, 08:55 AM
even though the wylie/brownwood game had 2 more votes Its my opinion that week 10 GOTW should be one that has meaning and not just a rivalry. And this game may end up being a blowout but so could the wylie/brownwood game either side. So since the GR/ Alvarado game has a district championship on the line.
So after stating that what are you thoughts on this matchup?
Will GR surprise everyone or will alvarado continue their run and win their second consecutive title.
Both teams are in the playoffs so I would like to wish luck to them reguardless of the outcome of this game!

Uh, If the Wylie/Brownwood game had 2 more votes, it should have been the GOTW. Not taking away from the importance of the Glen Rose/Alvarado game, but Alvarado will be the only team having fun in this one. If Glen Rose had a decent chance, I could see maybe over ruling, but it won't even be close. Good luck.

Bosqueville
10-31-2011, 09:09 AM
Uh, If the Wylie/Brownwood game had 2 more votes, it should have been the GOTW. Not taking away from the importance of the Glen Rose/Alvarado game, but Alvarado will be the only team having fun in this one. If Glen Rose had a decent chance, I could see maybe over ruling, but it won't even be close. Good luck.

I agree. Alvarado wins big and why have a vote if the votes are meaningless?

Sweetwater Red
10-31-2011, 09:45 AM
even though the wylie/brownwood game had 2 more votes its my opinion that week 10 gotw should be one that has meaning and not just a rivalry.

lmao

GrTigers6
10-31-2011, 09:53 AM
Uh, If the Wylie/Brownwood game had 2 more votes, it should have been the GOTW. Not taking away from the importance of the Glen Rose/Alvarado game, but Alvarado will be the only team having fun in this one. If Glen Rose had a decent chance, I could see maybe over ruling, but it won't even be close. Good luck.Because I had people from those schools saying not to make it gotw

Pendragon13
10-31-2011, 09:56 AM
Not that big of a deal, GOTW is kinda like recieveing an honorary degree or being queen of England....but yeah, why have a poll? :thinking:

GrTigers6
10-31-2011, 10:02 AM
Not that big of a deal, GOTW is kinda like recieveing an honorary degree or being queen of England....but yeah, why have a poll? :thinking:I had a poll to see if I was gonna have an overwelming response for Wylie/ Brownwood. Which I didnt, Also there is no guarantee that that game will not be a blow out. either by Brownwood or Wylie. Who thought Kennedale would get blown away by Alvarado when that game was the GOTW. This weeks game could be a blow out as well but at least it has merit at the end.
I invite anyone else to take over editor and do the polls however they feel.

LeonJr
10-31-2011, 10:04 AM
Now this is what the 3Adownlow is about. Keep it up:1popcorn:

Pendragon13
10-31-2011, 10:17 AM
I had a poll to see if I was gonna have an overwelming response for Wylie/ Brownwood. Which I didnt, Also there is no guarantee that that game will not be a blow out. either by Brownwood or Wylie. Who thought Kennedale would get blown away by Alvarado when that game was the GOTW. This weeks game could be a blow out as well but at least it has merit at the end.
I invite anyone else to take over editor and do the polls however they feel.Like I said, not that big of a deal..don't worry about it.

GrTigers6
10-31-2011, 10:25 AM
Like I said, not that big of a deal..don't worry about it.Im not
I didnt mean to qoute you!

BwdLion73
10-31-2011, 10:35 AM
I recon I'll survive. Keep on doing the thankless job.:wave:

Lions88
10-31-2011, 12:52 PM
The way Alvarado has played in District.... i will say

Alvarado: 56
Glen Rose: 0

Bullaholic
10-31-2011, 12:53 PM
I recon I'll survive. Keep on doing the thankless job.:wave:

Ditto...GrTigers is new at this and is doing his best to "feel" his way. Like he said--he needs more input from all of us--it is tough to scan all the scheds for games and try to decide largely on your own the "GOTW". He could go by the poll results and be held blameless, but he was trying to come up with a game which he thought would have the greatest impact. Let's try to help him all we can, as it is becoming harder and harder to find folks willing to step up for board positions, and because he has to justify that big Region1 editor salary some way....:D

GrTigers6
10-31-2011, 01:25 PM
The way Alvarado has played in District.... i will say

Alvarado: 56
Glen Rose: 0And how have we played in district?
GR 50
Venus 22

GR 28
Kennedale 13

GR 49
West 7

GR 27
Hillsboro 16
If thats not good than I have been looking at it all wrong!

GrTigers6
10-31-2011, 01:27 PM
Ditto...GrTigers is new at this and is doing his best to "feel" his way. Like he said--he needs more input from all of us--it is tough to scan all the scheds for games and try to decide largely on your own the "GOTW". He could go by the poll results and be held blameless, but he was trying to come up with a game which he thought would have the greatest impact. Let's try to help him all we can, as it is becoming harder and harder to find folks willing to step up for board positions, and because he has to justify that big Region1 editor salary some way....:DThanks Bullaholic it's
nice to be appreciated.and I'm still waiting on that salary check!

IndianFan2012
10-31-2011, 01:40 PM
And how have we played in district?
GR 50
Venus 22

GR 28
Kennedale 13

GR 49
West 7

GR 27
Hillsboro 16

Not to knock GR but

Alvarado 55
Kennedale 0

Alvarado 50
Hillsboro 0

Alvarado 71
Venus 0 Only played three quarters this game

Alvarado 63
West 6

hollywood
10-31-2011, 02:14 PM
I had a poll to see if I was gonna have an overwelming response for Wylie/ Brownwood. Which I didnt, Also there is no guarantee that that game will not be a blow out. either by Brownwood or Wylie. Who thought Kennedale would get blown away by Alvarado when that game was the GOTW. This weeks game could be a blow out as well but at least it has merit at the end.

No worries, I just thought it was funny that even though a poll was put up you chose the game from your town and that was voted 2nd.

Keep up the good work.. I'm sure it's not easy. Best of luck to GR... they are going to need all they can get.

Lions88
10-31-2011, 02:25 PM
And how have we played in district?
GR 50
Venus 22

GR 28
Kennedale 13

GR 49
West 7

GR 27
Hillsboro 16

Haha,

You played a Venus team that you allowed 22 points too.. and Kennedale team that QB got knocked out by Alvarado, a west team that is terrible, and a hillsboro team that you only beat by 11!

As I told some Venus posters.. let the dog lay sleeping.. I wouldnt talk trash to Gilmer and Henderson and I didnt. Alvarado is going to thrash you, beat you, spank you, and then take your lunch money.

If you can score, consider it a win. And this is coming from someone that could careless about this Alvarado team. Let the dog sleep, take your beating and go to the playoffs..I need to go back to the east texas boards where they are sane..

Trashman
10-31-2011, 02:39 PM
GR gets spanked......

GrTigers6
10-31-2011, 03:07 PM
Haha,

You played a Venus team that you allowed 22 points too.. and Kennedale team that QB got knocked out by Alvarado, a west team that is terrible, and a hillsboro team that you only beat by 11!

As I told some Venus posters.. let the dog lay sleeping.. I wouldnt talk trash to Gilmer and Henderson and I didnt. Alvarado is going to thrash you, beat you, spank you, and then take your lunch money.

If you can score, consider it a win. And this is coming from someone that could careless about this Alvarado team. Let the dog sleep, take your beating and go to the playoffs..I need to go back to the east texas boards where they are sane..Venus only got 7 on our defense and that was just a fluke play. the others were from a muffed punt and poor call on a pass interference. as for Hillsboro,we rested players and they only scored the last two td against our backups. plus we only ran our base offense and defense. Didnt want anyone hurt. Any one who has played hillsboro knows what I am talking about. Just trying to get by without incident, which we didnt, lost our starting guard to mcl tear.

rholl
10-31-2011, 03:11 PM
What is this that alvarado and venus only played 3 quarters????
This isnt true.

Lions88
10-31-2011, 03:11 PM
Venus only got 7 on our defense and that was just a fluke play. the others were from a muffed punt and poor call on a pass interference. as for Hillsboro,we rested players and they only scored the last two td against our backups. plus we only ran our base offense and defense. Didnt want anyone hurt. Any one who has played hillsboro knows what I am talking about. Just trying to get by without incident, which we didnt, lost our starting guard to mcl tear.

I still think Glen Rose in for a heavy, and I mean Heavy beating...cover your eyes and drop into the fetal position.. maybe they will take it easy on you..

rholl
10-31-2011, 03:17 PM
GR should be ok. Venus blabbed on facebook for weeks, havent heard anything like that going on this week.

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-31-2011, 03:26 PM
Alvarado played thier starters 3 qtrs in each game except for West where they played a half only. The subs mopped things up... We could have put 100 on any team we wanted to in the district. It was a game of cat and mouse... Alvarado tossed the mouse around and played with them... Then killing the poor critters... Coach Dixon is a VERY sympathetic person. He could very well let this BEAST bludgeon you til theres nothing left... Instead he lets his team kill you quickly and humanely.. Just sayin... :stirpot:

GrTigers6
10-31-2011, 03:28 PM
I still think Glen Rose in for a heavy, and I mean Heavy beating...cover your eyes and drop into the fetal position.. maybe they will take it easy on you..So I take it your an expert on Glen Rose Football. I have seen every game, scrimmage and 7on 7 this year and I dont even know how it will be. I do know that they will give their best effort and they have a lot of drive in them this year. I believe with new qb inplace and with experience, and old qb at back/reciever we are better offensive team because our weapons are so spread out.
Again im not saying we will win. but I know we will play them tough and if it gets out of hand it will be at the end and they pull away

GrTigers6
10-31-2011, 03:30 PM
Alvarado played thier starters 3 qtrs in each game except for West where they played a half only. The subs mopped things up... We could have put 100 on any team we wanted to in the district. It was a game of cat and mouse... Alvarado tossed the mouse around and played with them... Then killing the poor critters... Coach Dixon is a VERY sympathetic person. He could very well let this BEAST bludgeon you til theres nothing left... Instead he lets his team kill you quickly and humanely.. Just sayin... :stirpot::fnypost: i mean :blahblah::D

Lions88
10-31-2011, 03:34 PM
So I take it your an expert on Glen Rose Football. I have seen every game, scrimmage and 7on 7 this year and I dont even know how it will be. I do know that they will give their best effort and they have a lot of drive in them this year. I believe with new qb inplace and with experience, and old qb at back/reciever we are better offensive team because our weapons are so spread out.
Again im not saying we will win. but I know we will play them tough and if it gets out of hand it will be at the end and they pull away

I dont think you quite understand what you are going against. I could careless about Glen Rose Football.. you wouldnt ever win a game if you came out east... I mean ever!! Trust me, this game will be over as soon as the kick off... its no knock on you.. Have you seen the way Alvarado has destroy everything in its path?? You dont want to go down this road..It will be like 21-0 after the 1st.. 42-0 at half... then 56-0 after 3.. you might score on there 3rd or 4th string players.. but thats about it.. your Glen rose tigers have zero chance at making this close..

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-31-2011, 03:39 PM
I dont think you quite understand what you are going against. I could careless about Glen Rose Football.. you wouldnt ever win a game if you came out east... I mean ever!! Trust me, this game will be over as soon as the kick off... its no knock on you.. Have you seen the way Alvarado has destroy everything in its path?? You dont want to go down this road..It will be like 21-0 after the 1st.. 42-0 at half... then 56-0 after 3.. you might score on there 3rd or 4th string players.. but thats about it.. your Glen rose tigers have zero chance at making this close..

Youre probably right Lions88. We do tend to score fast and furious.. it wont be a 7 for 7 thing... it will be out of hand before Glen Rose thinks about scoring on the subs.. If they score at all... u can bet the Defensive coordinator wants to finish District with NO ONE scoring on his defense.. If Waco Connally didnt score GlenRose certainly should not. West got lucky on a Kick off return to score.. waco Connally took a int for a score late in the game. so 5 straight games NO ONE has scored on this defense... I hope you do though... We may have a big head that needs adjusting..

Bullaholic
10-31-2011, 03:40 PM
Hey GrTigers6---Lions88 has got me convinced that your team needs to stay on the bus....:D

However, the Tigers will have to play the game of their lives to stay with Alvarado---all I can say is Onderdonk (sp?) Right, left, and up the middle about 50 times...

GrTigers6
10-31-2011, 03:57 PM
I dont think you quite understand what you are going against. I could careless about Glen Rose Football.. you wouldnt ever win a game if you came out east... I mean ever!! Trust me, this game will be over as soon as the kick off... its no knock on you.. Have you seen the way Alvarado has destroy everything in its path?? You dont want to go down this road..It will be like 21-0 after the 1st.. 42-0 at half... then 56-0 after 3.. you might score on there 3rd or 4th string players.. but thats about it.. your Glen rose tigers have zero chance at making this close..We beat prosper and pleasant grove four years ago so never say never. And I have seen the film. Duh! They are in our district. You think I don't know how good they are? Then you really don't know.

GrTigers6
10-31-2011, 03:59 PM
Hey GrTigers6---Lions88 has got me convinced that your team needs to stay on the bus....:D

However, the Tigers will have to play the game of their lives to stay with Alvarado---all I can say is Onderdonk (sp?) Right, left, and up the middle about 50 times...Yeah I know. He is quick and fast. We will at least keep it as close as y'all did

Lions88
10-31-2011, 04:05 PM
We beat prosper and pleasant grove four years ago so never say never. And I have seen the film. Duh! They are in our district. You think I don't know how good they are? Then you really don't know.
Ok.. if you have seen them on film why in the world would you think that you have a chance? Are you Hellen Keller trying to watch the film? And I will say NEVER in the spot.. dont care what happen four years ago.. this is this year.. your team has Zero chance of winning..There is a better chance of the world ending tomorrow or one of those plastic Dinosaurs coming to life out there in Dinosaur Valley ( which is a nice place to take the kids on the way to stephville) then Glen Rose beating Alvarado. How in the world are you going to think you have a chance against a team, let alone keep it close, that hasnt allowed one single TD on there Defense since Sept??

GrTigers6
10-31-2011, 08:05 PM
Ok.. if you have seen them on film why in the world would you think that you have a chance? Are you Hellen Keller trying to watch the film? And I will say NEVER in the spot.. dont care what happen four years ago.. this is this year.. your team has Zero chance of winning..There is a better chance of the world ending tomorrow or one of those plastic Dinosaurs coming to life out there in Dinosaur Valley ( which is a nice place to take the kids on the way to stephville) then Glen Rose beating Alvarado. How in the world are you going to think you have a chance against a team, let alone keep it close, that hasnt allowed one single TD on there Defense
since Sept?? Really??? How old are you? 12? Lol have you seen us play? I didn't think so. So you have no idea. So be go bug somebody that cares. Oh and Alvarado gave up 7 to west last week and plus all the teams that they have played since sept aren't as good as we are. Duh! That's why we are both 4-0.

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-31-2011, 08:39 PM
Wait a minute... it was on a busted kickoff return lol.. so no one has scored on our defense in district play....

Here's a little food for thought... CHECK THIS OUT! Can ya brag like this?
This is our 4 games in District:

ALVARADO TOTAL YDS: 1674 PTS: 239

OPPONENTS TOTAL YDS: 98 PTS: 6

YOU STILL THINK YOU'LL SCORE?:stirpot:

Tin Cup
10-31-2011, 09:03 PM
Alvarado 63
Glen Rose 7

GrTigers6
10-31-2011, 09:45 PM
Wait a minute... it was on a busted kickoff return lol.. so no one has scored on our defense in district play....

YOU STILL THINK YOU'LL SCORE?:stirpot:Yeah I forgot, Nothing against yall just some east texas punk who talking crap about something he knows nothing about.oh and yes I do, possibly first possesion.:stirpot::wave::D

Lions88
10-31-2011, 09:48 PM
Yeah I forgot, Nothing against yall just some east texas punk who talking crap about something he knows nothing about.
I know that you are going to get donkey stomped... so I must know something.. I know my stuff man.. I have seen who you have played and I have seen who Alvarado has played. There is no way in gods green earth you beat them.. you have a slim chance of scoring on them.. after they have full the 1st team. So take your name calling and go else where..

GrTigers6
10-31-2011, 09:50 PM
Alvarado 63
Glen Rose 7How do you figure? They only beat bridgeport 39-20. We were ahead of bridgeport by 7 with 7 min left in the game. And we are better than that now. we have a better defense and offense. Yall will see in round two if you make it that far!:stirpot::wave::taunt::D

GrTigers6
11-01-2011, 09:54 AM

YOU STILL THINK YOU'LL SCORE?:stirpot:Offensively we are close to those numbers
Total yards 1612 points 154
I cant find our defensive stats right now but points against our defense is only 24. 6 for kennedale was on a Int. and 14 for venus were off special teams and 16 from hillsboro was after we pulled the starters
What it boils down to is can our D stop your O? We will have to wait until friday to see!

Lions88
11-01-2011, 10:23 AM
Offensively we are close to those numbers
Total yards 1612 points 154
I cant find our defensive stats right now but points against our defense is only 24. 6 for kennedale was on a Int. and 14 for venus were off special teams and 16 from hillsboro was after we pulled the starters
What it boils down to is can our D stop your O? We will have to wait until friday to see!
Haha.. little Glen Rose.. You are not on the level of the big boys. Go play in the sandbox with the other little kids and let the big boys play football..

GrTigers6
11-01-2011, 10:40 AM
Haha.. little Glen Rose.. You are not on the level of the big boys. Go play in the sandbox with the other little kids and let the big boys play football..Why dont you go worry about your little town that is struggling and quit commenting about things you know nothing about

Lions88
11-01-2011, 10:46 AM
Why dont you go worry about your little town that is struggling and quit commenting about things you know nothing about

Haha.. right i know nothing... come friday you will see how much i know ;)

GrTigers6
11-01-2011, 11:52 AM
Haha.. right i know nothing... come friday you will see how much i know ;)As will you!

garciap77
11-01-2011, 12:25 PM

You made the right choice! Wylie vs Brownwood will be boring like Snyder vs Wylie! Wylie is going to whoop the Lions, so bad it might be called the game in the 1QTR. Wylie 182 Brownwood 0!:D Yes, Brownwood are going to get a "Refugio" style butt whooping!:D

garciap77
11-01-2011, 12:26 PM
P.S. I'm going with Glen Rose over Alvarado! Glen Rose 65 Alvarado 0!

Lions88
11-01-2011, 12:31 PM
P.S. I'm going with Glen Rose over Alvarado! Glen Rose 65 Alvarado 0!
Who are these people voting for Glen Rose?lol

garciap77
11-01-2011, 12:38 PM
Who are these people voting for Glen Rose?lol

Same one that voted for Glimer!http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/baby-laugh.gif

Lions88
11-01-2011, 12:40 PM
Same one that voted for Glimer!http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/baby-laugh.gif
Well then they were smart.. but there is no snow balls chance in you know what that Glen Rose wins..

BullBoy
11-01-2011, 01:26 PM
Glen Rose has gotten better every week but not not good enough to slow down or put a dent in The Machine known as Alvarado.

GrTigers6
11-01-2011, 01:43 PM
P.S. I'm going with Glen Rose over Alvarado! Glen Rose 65 Alvarado 0!Ok who let garcia out of his cage again?:crazy1::D

GrTigers6
11-01-2011, 01:45 PM
Who are these people voting for Glen Rose?lolThe same few who voted for us over Kennedale. Another game people said we had no chance of winning. So keep them coming!:D

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-01-2011, 01:48 PM
The same few who voted for us over Kennedale. Another game people said we had no chance of winning. So keep them coming!:D

Come on now Tiger6 U know you won that game because of Alvarado lol... we put out the majority of their team.. at least 7 starters. lol A healthy Kennedale may have rolled ya.. just sayin..

GrTigers6
11-01-2011, 01:50 PM
Come on now Tiger6 U know you won that game because of Alvarado lol... we put out the majority of their team.. at least 7 starters. lol A healthy Kennedale may have rolled ya.. just sayin..Doubtful!, that "healthy" team struggled with Lorena who lost to 2A grandview 25-0, Whom we destroyed in a scrimmage.

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-01-2011, 01:53 PM
Doubtful!, that "healthy" team struggled with Lorena who lost to 2A grandview 25-0, Whom we destroyed in a scrimmage.

We can debate that at the game friday!

GrTigers6
11-01-2011, 01:57 PM
We can debate that at the game friday!Yep, cause we could go back and forth all day and it all comes down to Kickoff.

LIONS#1
11-01-2011, 02:31 PM
Yep, cause we could go back and forth all day and it all comes down to Kickoff.

If y'all get bored with this game then you can tune in to the Brownwood BEAT DOWN of th'bilene whylie :1popcorn:at http://www.koxe.com/

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-01-2011, 03:26 PM
If y'all get bored with this game then you can tune in to the Brownwood BEAT DOWN of th'bilene whylie :1popcorn:at http://www.koxe.com/

Wish I could watch that game!

BwdLion73
11-01-2011, 06:22 PM
You made the right choice! Wylie vs Brownwood will be boring like Snyder vs Wylie! Wylie is going to whoop the Lions, so bad it might be called the game in the 1QTR. Wylie 182 Brownwood 0!:D Yes, Brownwood are going to get a "Refugio" style butt whooping!:D

It's a special double game of the week!!! 77 will be spending his time admiring by our jumbo tron. We'll take care of these other people after Bowie.

83Indian
11-01-2011, 07:46 PM
How do you figure? They only beat bridgeport 39-20. We were ahead of bridgeport by 7 with 7 min left in the game. And we are better than that now. we have a better defense and offense. Yall will see in round two if you make it that far!:stirpot::wave::taunt::D

Alvarado took a knee on the goaline or it would have been 46-20. Bridgeport did rack up some passing yards on us so that is the one area I hope Glen Rose tries to exploit. Our pass rush was not very good against Bridgeport and secondary was average that night. We need to end district on another dominating performance. As Cobra stated, the defense for Alvarado is going to be tough and highly motivated to throw up another goose egg.

defense51
11-02-2011, 06:19 AM
I'm curiosity if Garciap has ever gotten one of those crazy predictions right? And lions88 is back, had alot of fun debating him on the Alvarado-Henderson game last year, definitely keeps things interesting. Glen Rose has improved through the season, but the Indians are rolling like a freight train right now! Alvarado 44- Glen Rose 6.

garciap77
11-02-2011, 07:15 AM
Well then they were smart.. but there is no snow balls chance in you know what that Glen Rose wins..

OK!!! Glen Rose by 7!:D

Pendragon13
11-02-2011, 08:55 AM
From this thread I get...
A Henderson poster has become Alvarado's biggest cheerleader...and Garcia is the new Rocket. Anything else I missed? :)

Lions88
11-02-2011, 09:04 AM
From this thread I get...
A Henderson poster has become Alvarado's biggest cheerleader...and Garcia is the new Rocket. Anything else I missed? :)

Whoa Whoa Whoa.. I am NOT a cheerleader for Alvarado. I just recognize there talent and a Glen Rose team that hasnt sniffed any kind of success shouldnt be even trying to think they have a chance to beat a top team in state. I still hope we meet Alvarado again in the semi's.. but I am not sure if we will make it that far..

bramsey71
11-02-2011, 09:56 AM
Gr tiger, I do believe that 2a grandview put it to yall in that scrimmage. we will score at least 50 on friday.

GrTigers6
11-02-2011, 10:00 AM
Gr tiger, I do believe that 2a grandview put it to yall in that scrimmage. we will score at least 50 on friday.How do you figure? it was 4-2 and the two came against second team. and one of ours was second team

Primetime13
11-02-2011, 10:26 AM
Either way the score is not going to be what you believe. An yall will probably lose to bridgeport too

garciap77
11-02-2011, 11:53 AM
Youre probably right Lions88. We do tend to score fast and furious.. it wont be a 7 for 7 thing... it will be out of hand before Glen Rose thinks about scoring on the subs.. If they score at all... u can bet the Defensive coordinator wants to finish District with NO ONE scoring on his defense.. If Waco Connally didnt score GlenRose certainly should not. West got lucky on a Kick off return to score.. waco Connally took a int for a score late in the game. so 5 straight games NO ONE has scored on this defense... I hope you do though... We may have a big head that needs adjusting..

OK!!! Glen Rose by 50+ points! How is the for a head adjustment?:D

garciap77
11-02-2011, 12:00 PM
I know that you are going to get donkey stomped... so I must know something.. I know my stuff man.. I have seen who you have played and I have seen who Alvarado has played. There is no way in gods green earth you beat them.. you have a slim chance of scoring on them.. after they have full the 1st team. So take your name calling and go else where..

Glen Rose can donkey stomp Henderson.:D Henderson is the weakest team in East Texas and the slowest too!:D Glen Rose will score at will on the Indians!:D Glimer owns Henderson!!!:D

Lions88
11-02-2011, 12:46 PM
Glen Rose can donkey stomp Henderson.:D Henderson is the weakest team in East Texas and the slowest too!:D Glen Rose will score at will on the Indians!:D Glimer owns Henderson!!!:D

Haha... Glen Rose wouldnt score a touchdown in our district.

hollywood
11-02-2011, 01:17 PM
What's funny is next year we could be saying the same thing about Alvarado being the whipping boys of Brownwood and Stephenville... IF the mock 3A realignment turns out the way some think. :stirpot:

Poor Glen Rose, Godley, and Venus. :ack!:

:1popcorn:

GrTigers6
11-02-2011, 01:28 PM
What's funny is next year we could be saying the same thing about Alvarado being the whipping boys of Brownwood and Stephenville... IF the mock 3A realignment turns out the way some think. :stirpot:

:1popcorn:Not worried for two reasons. my youngest son grauates this year and they have said those rumored since yall dropped down from 4a.It was be hard on those three schools if that is indeed what the district is.

texas_wildcat
11-02-2011, 02:22 PM
Really??? How old are you? 12? Lol have you seen us play? I didn't think so. So you have no idea. So be go bug somebody that cares. Oh and Alvarado gave up 7 to west last week and plus all the teams that they have played since sept aren't as good as we are. Duh! That's why we are both 4-0.

yall are just 4-0 because of luck
i have seen you play and yall are not that good
you only beat kennedale beause we had 9 starter out of the game
get over yourself yall are not a good team.

Primetime13
11-02-2011, 02:28 PM

Im betting they get blown out by bridgeport!!

texas_wildcat
11-02-2011, 02:43 PM
Im betting they get blown out by bridgeport!!
i would not say a blow out it would be close i say bridgeport by 21

GrTigers6
11-02-2011, 02:49 PM
i would not say a blow out it would be close i say bridgeport by 21 We had 10 starters out thatgame so dont even go there

Primetime13
11-02-2011, 03:22 PM
We had 10 starters out thatgame so dont even go there

And how many of those 10 starters are back? And I thought that was yalls first game? How do you have 0 starters out in week one?

garciap77
11-02-2011, 06:49 PM
Kenedale is not that good!:D Glen Rose could beat them, OH wait they already did!LOL

GrTigers6
11-02-2011, 08:12 PM
And how many of those 10 starters are back? And I thought that was yalls first game? How do you have 0 starters out in week one?For the kennedale game not Bridgeport. We had 3 out for bridgeport

texas_wildcat
11-02-2011, 08:56 PM
For the kennedale game not Bridgeport. We had 3 out for bridgeport
It did not look like it

GrTigers6
11-03-2011, 04:38 AM
It did not look like itIt didnt look like what?

mick5302
11-03-2011, 08:09 AM
I know for a fact that GR did not have 9 starters out against Kennedale, I have family on GR team. GR poster needs to be a little more honest and face reality. GR has a whipping coming to them Friday night. I really hope GR at least scores.

hollywood
11-03-2011, 08:54 AM
I know for a fact that GR did not have 9 starters out against Kennedale, I have family on GR team. GR poster needs to be a little more honest and face reality. GR has a whipping coming to them Friday night. I really hope GR at least scores.

If Glen Rose scores, it'll be because Alvarado put in the 2's in the 3rd qtr. But, I bet Alvarado is going for the goose egg.

That's why I don't know why this is the GOTW.
Abilene Wylie and Brownwood both could handle Glen Rose pretty easily and give Alvarado a good game.

ahs_indian_fan
11-03-2011, 09:10 AM

:1popcorn:

Even if it doesn't happen sure would be fun to play a non-district game with Brownwood or Stephenville ...

hollywood
11-03-2011, 09:27 AM
Even if it doesn't happen sure would be fun to play a non-district game with Brownwood or Stephenville ...

Yes it would. Wasn't Stephenville and Alvarado in the same district a few years back? I remember Alvarado having a pretty good back but was shut down by Stephenville's D one game. I tell you this, Alvarado played with a lot of heart.

Primetime13
11-03-2011, 09:39 AM
Yes it would. Wasn't Stephenville and Alvarado in the same district a few years back? I remember Alvarado having a pretty good back but was shut down by Stephenville's D one game. I tell you this, Alvarado played with a lot of heart.

Yes we were in yalls district, and he was a sophmore. He is now at Air force as the 3rd FB as a freshmen.

hollywood
11-03-2011, 09:45 AM
Yes we were in yalls district, and he was a sophmore. He is now at Air force as the 3rd FB as a freshmen.

Very cool!

toddg
11-03-2011, 09:51 AM

it wasnt long ago Alvarado played Aledo, Stephenville, and Everman..usually in a row during the brief 4a stint for a few years...talk about district of doom! those were some rough years, but Alvarado was competitive and even made the playoffs once during that 4a foray..we started that off in Waxahatchies district, which included Waco Midway.

GrTigers6
11-03-2011, 09:57 AM
I know for a fact that GR did not have 9 starters out against Kennedale, I have family on GR team. GR poster needs to be a little more honest and face reality. GR has a whipping coming to them Friday night. I really hope GR at least scores.Well my son is on the team and I work at the school. I know for a fact that we had 10 players out,7 starters and 3 utility players. Im sorry I miss understood coach, I thought he said 10 starters but it was ten total
Starters out
QB,Center,2 lb's, safety,cb(not a starter but pulled starter from offense to play defense full time) defensive tackle( because he had to move to offense to replace center) Backup lb and reciever and back up safety

GrTigers6
11-03-2011, 10:00 AM
it wasnt long ago Alvarado played Aledo, Stephenville, and Everman..usually in a row during the brief 4a stint for a few years...talk about district of doom! those were some rough years, but Alvarado was competitive and even made the playoffs once during that 4a foray..we started that off in Waxahatchies district, which included Waco Midway.We had Aledo,Kennedale,Everman Lake worth( back when they were a powerhouse)And I believe, castleberry, godley and us for two years. We missed the playoff those two years. lol

toddg
11-03-2011, 10:04 AM
Well my son is on the team and I work at the school. I know for a fact that we had 10 players out,7 starters and 3 utility players. Im sorry I miss understood coach, I thought he said 10 starters but it was ten total
Starters out
QB,Center,2 lb's, safety,cb(not a starter but pulled starter from offense to play defense full time) defensive tackle( because he had to move to offense to replace center) Backup lb and reciever and back up safety

a guy i work with has a son at glen rose and i remember him talking about his son being injured a while back, dont know if he was a starter..i just know he's a heck of a 400 meter runner..

GrTigers6
11-03-2011, 10:06 AM
a guy i work with has a son at glen rose and i remember him talking about his son being injured a while back, dont know if he was a starter..i just know he's a heck of a 400 meter runner..Yeah he was the starting saftey, He tried coming back but went out again, probably for good this time.

mick5302
11-03-2011, 10:17 AM
I think when most people say a player is out, they mean not playing at all. Not playing another position. If playing another position, than a lot of teams have some starters out every game. Not the same thing in my opinion.

GrTigers6
11-03-2011, 10:40 AM
I think when most people say a player is out, they mean not playing at all. Not playing another position. If playing another position, than a lot of teams have some starters out every game. Not the same thing in my opinion.When you have to replace him then that is a position out. My son for intstance, He started on offense, then when the backup cb went out he moved to defense full time and then they had to put someone else in his position. therefore there is no longer a starter in that position. he didnt play offense at all for three games, because he had to play every down on defense.

Primetime13
11-03-2011, 11:16 AM
When you have to replace him then that is a position out. My son for intstance, He started on offense, then when the backup cb went out he moved to defense full time and then they had to put someone else in his position. therefore there is no longer a starter in that position. he didnt play offense at all for three games, because he had to play every down on defense.

That's not having a player out! That's just horrible coaching! Let them go both ways. An problem solved

mick5302
11-03-2011, 11:44 AM
That's not having a player out! That's just horrible coaching! Let them go both ways. An problem solved

Our team still has a few starters out ( not playing), a few will not return. Some of our players are now playing both ways, which made our level of play rise. It's not ideal, but you gotta do what you gotta do. Hopefully by playoffs all that can return, will play next week.

Primetime13
11-03-2011, 11:48 AM
If I was a coach i would put the best players on the field, if that meant having 11 guys play the whole game then so be it!

GrTigers6
11-03-2011, 11:51 AM
We have 4 starters out for the year and have 6-7 players going both ways with two playing almost the entire offense and defensive snaps.
Its not like it was when we played. I played every snap in high school but I didnt run a route every down either.

GrTigers6
11-03-2011, 11:52 AM
If I was a coach i would put the best players on the field, if that meant having 11 guys play the whole game then so be it!you do, you just dont do it every snap. they would not make it the entire game, especially the skill positions

Primetime13
11-03-2011, 11:57 AM
Skill position have it easy. its the D line and o line who take a beating every snap and get worn down easy

GrTigers6
11-03-2011, 01:24 PM
Skill position have it easy. its the D line and o line who take a beating every snap and get worn down easyNo argument there its just more common to see the lineman going both ways i guess, Maybe they are just used to it so it doesnt seem to be an issue?:thinking:

toddg
11-03-2011, 09:23 PM
Alvarado 36 Glen Rose 8......Congrats 8th grade A team- District Champs! Good game steveng!

regaleagle
11-03-2011, 10:54 PM
I'm not certain that even a 'tactical' gameplan to speed up the clock would help on this one. I think a merciless onslaught we be the order of the day for Alvarado. They will be wanting to go into the playoffs in a BIG way, and unfortunately for GR, this game is a complete mismatch. Good luck to the Tigers the rest of the way, and I hope nobody suffers injury before the playoffs.

rholl
11-04-2011, 02:27 AM
Thursday nite jv action 34-6 alvarado.

GrTigers6
11-04-2011, 04:48 AM
Thursday nite jv action 34-6 alvarado.Congrats, but I have to say our jv is a little depleated the last two weeks, had to pull up starting QB and 2 LB. Not that you wouldnt have won just saying it may have been closer. See ya tonight?

defense51
11-04-2011, 05:41 AM
Alvarado freshman 14- Glen Rose freshman 6

ahs_indian_fan
11-04-2011, 08:11 AM

That JV quarterback must have been awesome ... some school that needs a quarterback is really missing out on getting his parents jobs in a new town :)

garciap77
11-04-2011, 12:26 PM
That JV quarterback must have been awesome ... some school that needs a quarterback is really missing out on getting his parents jobs in a new town :)

Go Glen Rose beat the Indians!:cheerl:

texas_wildcat
11-04-2011, 07:04 PM
is this game being webcasted

garciap77
11-04-2011, 07:42 PM
Is Glen Rose winning?

GrTigers6
11-04-2011, 08:16 PM
Is Glen Rose winning?Not anymore. It's
Glen Rose 3
Alvarado 8
Half

garciap77
11-04-2011, 08:22 PM
Not anymore. It's
Glen Rose 3
Alvarado 8
Half

Well, you have already scored 3 more then what they thought you would! Seems like a good game so far!

GrTigers6
11-04-2011, 08:25 PM
Well, you have already scored 3 more then what they thought you would! Seems like a good game so far!

Yes it's awesome so far. Hopefully our defense keeps it up

garciap77
11-04-2011, 09:38 PM
Yes it's awesome so far. Hopefully our defense keeps it up

What is the score now?

defense51
11-04-2011, 10:46 PM
Final score Alvarado 37- Glen Rose 9

Lions88
11-04-2011, 10:56 PM
Final score Alvarado 37- Glen Rose 9
Well done... We are coming for you Alvarado.. just dont stand us up and get to the Semi Final game. Looks like Glen Rose gave you a little bit of a game even tho you still won 37-9. Good job Glen Rose.. consider this a win.. Held Alvarado under 40 and scored 9?

GrTigers6
11-04-2011, 11:18 PM
Well done... We are coming for you Alvarado.. just dont stand us up and get to the Semi Final game. Looks like Glen Rose gave you a little bit of a game even tho you still won 37-9. Good job Glen Rose.. consider this a win.. Held Alvarado under 40 and scored 9?It was 15 -9 after three the the wheels fell off not to mention some missed calls by the officials. But we proved we could play with them. Good luck next week to both Alvarado and Henderson.

bramsey71
11-04-2011, 11:23 PM
Are you kidding me.... It was 10 flags alvarado and gr had 1. Gr played hard but dont start that crap..

Lions88
11-04-2011, 11:28 PM
Are you kidding me.... It was 10 flags alvarado and gr had 1. Gr played hard but dont start that crap..

Is this true? 10 flags to one? What was the deal? Heard alvarado has problems with personal fouls and what not? Also know that Glen Rose runs the spread offense... Seems to me Glen Rose got more yards then any district opp. Did Alvarado just not show completely up?

Primetime13
11-04-2011, 11:48 PM
Is this true? 10 flags to one? What was the deal? Heard alvarado has problems with personal fouls and what not? Also know that Glen Rose runs the spread offense... Seems to me Glen Rose got more yards then any district opp. Did Alvarado just not show completely up?

The flags were horrible, the drive that glen rose scored there tpuchdown on was because a 4th down they punted and we got a flag for hands to the face and kept the drive alive... Bates had a 80 yard fumble recovery returned for a touchdown after a fellow indian pitched him the ball and was called back even tho there was no flag on the field!it was BS if you ask me!! Flags were being thrown left and right on alvarado

GrTigers6
11-05-2011, 07:42 AM

I'm not starting any crap, there were three very poor calls or lack of. First in the first quarter our receiver dives and catches a pass for about a 30 yard gain and the back judge calls it incomplete from behind the receiver. And at the end a missed block in the back but worse then that the last td set up by the defender pushing down the receiver and then catching the ball. It wouldn't have changed the outcome but would have kept it closer. Alvarado showed why they are one of the best teams in the state. I also didn't mean to imply there've officials just missed calls on us. They just stopped calling anything. I wasn't trying to take anything away from y'all itwas a hard goofy game and y'all finally wore us down in the fourth.

toddg
11-05-2011, 08:13 AM
I'm not starting any crap, there were three very poor calls or lack of. First in the first quarter our receiver dives and catches a pass for about a 30 yard gain and the back judge calls it incomplete from behind the receiver. And at the end a missed block in the back but worse then that the last td set up by the defender pushing down the receiver and then catching the ball. It wouldn't have changed the outcome but would have kept it closer. Alvarado showed why they are one of the best teams in the state. I also didn't mean to imply there've officials just missed calls on us. They just stopped calling anything. I wasn't trying to take anything away from y'all itwas a hard goofy game and y'all finally wore us down in the fourth.

i heard at the end of the game that one of the refs had his shoulder looked by the EMTs, cause it was hurtin so bad, i guess from throwing all those flags, and when he removed his zebra shirt..he was wearing a Glen Rose Tigers T-shirt!:eek:..........really, i had to work last night so i missed the game, but from what i hear, sounds like your boys played their hearts out! good luck in the playoffs!

toddg
11-05-2011, 08:16 AM
IMHO Alvarado 42 Glen Rose 6...not saying the tigers are a bad team, just that the indians are that good this year.

hey, i was close!

GrTigers6
11-05-2011, 09:24 AM
i heard at the end of the game that one of the refs had his shoulder looked by the EMTs, cause it was hurtin so bad, i guess from throwing all those flags, and when he removed his zebra shirt..he was wearing a Glen Rose Tigers T-shirt!:eek:..........really, i had to work last night so i missed the game, but from what i hear, sounds like your boys played their hearts out! good luck in the playoffs!

Yes they did! And same to y'all!

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-05-2011, 09:35 AM
Yes they did! And same to y'all!

GrTigers6 It was nice meeting you last night... Good luck against Bport next week..

GrTigers6
11-05-2011, 10:55 AM
GrTigers6 It was nice meeting you last night... Good luck against Bport next week..

You too cobra. Your son played a great game!

INDIAN MOM
11-06-2011, 11:33 PM
3rd consecutive title