14-Oct Caldwell* W 42-6
21-Oct @Smithville* L 24-21
28-Oct @Rockdale* W 28-3

HEMOTOXIC
10-31-2011, 10:47 AM
ttt.

1st and goal
10-31-2011, 12:03 PM
I can't remember seeing the rattlers (in the last decade) in Giddings or not? I know I've been to at least 2 or 3 games in Navasota. I think some of this stems from our stint in Region IV. Not that it matters, but I've always wondered why Navasota isn't in same district as Sealy/BR/Bellville since Bellville and Columbus are closer to all the other D23 teams???

The Rattlers will be tough to beat anywhere you play them but I'm glad for once, its in our stadium.

Wondering if either team will "preserve" players for playoffs?

I know if the Buffs show up ready to play, they can win.

HEMOTOXIC
10-31-2011, 01:33 PM
I can't remember seeing the rattlers (in the last decade) in Giddings or not? I know I've been to at least 2 or 3 games in Navasota. I think some of this stems from our stint in Region IV. Not that it matters, but I've always wondered why Navasota isn't in same district as Sealy/BR/Bellville since Bellville and Columbus are closer to all the other D23 teams???

The Rattlers will be tough to beat anywhere you play them but I'm glad for once, its in our stadium.

Wondering if either team will "preserve" players for playoffs?

I know if the Buffs show up ready to play, they can win.

Navasota has been in the district with Sealy/Bellville/Stafford/Columbus/Hempstead and Rice Consolidated since dropping from 4a. Why we are not with Sealy/Bellville/Columbus and now BR consistantly is anyones guess.

1st and goal
10-31-2011, 04:43 PM
I'm glad you guys are in D23. I like your coach, and you usually play a pretty classy game of ball. Plus, you guys bring another level of respect to our district.

Aside from all out district champion, this game won't mean anything to the rattlers as far as playoff brackets are concerned. From that standpoint, it's hard to talk smack. I'm sure somebody will figure an angle of attack.

1st and goal
10-31-2011, 04:51 PM
FWIW, our loss to Elgin, got some fortitude to it as they beat a tough Bastrop team in 4A last Friday night.

HEMOTOXIC
10-31-2011, 05:39 PM
FWIW, our loss to Elgin, got some fortitude to it as they beat a tough Bastrop team in 4A last Friday night.

Bastrop is 3-5 and beat Bryan Rudder 27-17. The same Rudder that Navasota dominated 31-7. Elgin beat Bastrop 28-23....Not sure how tough the Bastrop Bears are..?

On the other hand: the Willis Wildkats, the team that Navasota loss to 35-28

Willis (7-2, 5-1): The Wildkats, who beat Porter 53-7 last week, are tied atop District 18-4A with Huntsville, Kingwood Park and Summer Creek. … Willis closes the season with a trip to Huntsville next week. … The Wildkats lead the league in team offense (403 yards per game) and rank second in team defense (231 yards allowed per game). … DB Zach Blake is tied for the district lead with three interceptions. … WR Kevin Markham has 38 receptions (second in 18-4A) for 570 yards (first) and seven touchdowns (tied for first).

1st and goal
10-31-2011, 08:23 PM
Bastrop is 3-5 and beat Bryan Rudder 27-17. The same Rudder that Navasota dominated 31-7. Elgin beat Bastrop 28-23....Not sure how tough the Bastrop Bears are..?

On the other hand: the Willis Wildkats, the team that Navasota loss to 35-28

Willis (7-2, 5-1): The Wildkats, who beat Porter 53-7 last week, are tied atop District 18-4A with Huntsville, Kingwood Park and Summer Creek. … Willis closes the season with a trip to Huntsville next week. … The Wildkats lead the league in team offense (403 yards per game) and rank second in team defense (231 yards allowed per game). … DB Zach Blake is tied for the district lead with three interceptions. … WR Kevin Markham has 38 receptions (second in 18-4A) for 570 yards (first) and seven touchdowns (tied for first).

Man, you need to assume WOS87's work while he's too busy.....:clap: We know we'll have our hands full.

Buff42
10-31-2011, 09:07 PM
I'm glad you guys are in D23. I like your coach, and you usually play a pretty classy game of ball. Plus, you guys bring another level of respect to our district.

Aside from all out district champion, this game won't mean anything to the rattlers as far as playoff brackets are concerned. From that standpoint, it's hard to talk smack. I'm sure somebody will figure an angle of attack.

Fedora is a class act, that's for sure. I see him coaching college ball before long.

HEMOTOXIC
10-31-2011, 10:08 PM
Hey, don't get me wrong, those are just numbers. We know that Giddings is a very good team. It will not surprise me at all to see the Buffs win..

For both teams, we need to get throught the game injury free. Good luck Friday!

Coach BS
11-01-2011, 08:06 AM
Navasota will be DC no problem , Rattlers by 21+

buff4ever
11-01-2011, 09:24 AM
Giddings at home for share of district title under new coach. I like it, I will really like it at 10pm when we have beat a very good navasota team. I like this kinda game for us. Navasota has been the front runner in our district the whole way through, and now they are the favorite in this game. Our boys just have to play to their potential and I think we can win this ball game. Crap, I sound like pud again. :) (pudlike) Well it almost worked for pud against Navasosta, so it was worth a try.

duckhunter
11-01-2011, 09:35 AM
technically navasota won the DC last week....worse they can do now is settle for Co-Champs

duckhunter
11-01-2011, 09:36 AM
If the giddings O can get some momentum this game will be a lot closer than the "experts" are predicting. Glenn needs to have a huge game

gtownfan
11-01-2011, 11:49 AM
I can't remember seeing the rattlers (in the last decade) in Giddings or not?

The rattlers came to Buff stadium in 2006! We were in the same district in 2006 and 2007.

We won both games (ancient history means nothing in regards to this years game) and I think 2007 was the first year for the new Rattler stadium!

HEMOTOXIC
11-01-2011, 11:53 AM
The rattlers came to Buff stadium in 2006! We were in the same district in 2006 and 2007.

We won both games (ancient history means nothing in regards to this years game) and I think 2007 was the first year for the new Rattler stadium!

You are correct. And in 2006, Giddings blew Navasota out the water. In 2007, it was a another Giddings win 21-14.

gtownfan
11-01-2011, 11:57 AM
If the giddings O can get some momentum this game will be a lot closer than the "experts" are predicting. Glenn needs to have a huge game

Hopefully the Buffs will be ready to go from the opening kickoff and play 48 minutes for a change. Also, we need Glenn to follow his blocking like the 2nd half last week. He seems to want to gamble and go for the big gain, when we just need to move the chains.

fanofthegame
11-01-2011, 12:31 PM
"follow his blocking"????? I have seen two buff games this year and from what i have seen, he has no blocking. he might be running for his life and that's how he makes alot of yards. if the line would block, he or that other good back you have, hickey ???, they could run thru any hole they produce. oh and the games i saw were lagrange and smithville.

buff4ever
11-02-2011, 08:17 AM
Hey Rattler fans, one of our Lions Clubs will be having a chili dinner at the High School Cafeteria. I am sure that they would like for you to come in and buy some chili. It is right next to the stadium, so it is a convenient dine before the game.

HEMOTOXIC
11-02-2011, 11:14 AM
Navasota Rattlers at Giddings Buffaloes

Records: Navasota 8-1 (4-0 in 23-3A); Giddings 7-2 (3-1 in 23-3A)

Last year: Navasota 31, Giddings 7

Last week: Navasota 47, Smithville 18; Giddings 28, Rockdale 3

Radio: 1550 AM KWBC

Harris Ratings pick: Navasota by 7 points

Notes: Navasota has clinched the Division I spot and will play Sealy in the bi-district playoffs; Giddings has clinched a Division II spot and will play Bellville or Columbus in bi-district play

EHSgrad89
11-02-2011, 06:24 PM
This could be a great game. Both teams with different styles of offense, but very versatile going in either direction. Defense definitely wins this contest. Best of luck to both teams. I hope you all have a safe game and best of luck in the playoffs.

Roughneck93
11-02-2011, 09:55 PM
Rattlers by 10.

striker
11-02-2011, 11:10 PM
Rattlers at Giddings

You can also follow the game live at NavasotaNews 1550 (www.navasotanews.com)

gameface
11-03-2011, 05:37 AM
Snake venom too high at Buffalo Stadium-Rattlers by 10! Navasota QB trumps any chance for stampede.

buff4ever
11-03-2011, 09:17 AM
Feels like football weather outside. Come on, let's play this game tonight.

I like the feel of this game for the buffaloes. I sense a quiet relaxed confidence. AND I DID IT AGAIN. (PUDLIKE) :)

1st and goal
11-03-2011, 07:35 PM
:stirpot:Drove past stadium on way home about 6:15 or so. Looked like the Buff frosh were winning 33-0..:eek:

This thread is just about lifeless. Guess everyone is packing for hunting this weekend?

buff4ever
11-04-2011, 08:06 AM
:stirpot:Drove past stadium on way home about 6:15 or so. Looked like the Buff frosh were winning 33-0..:eek:

This thread is just about lifeless. Guess everyone is packing for hunting this weekend?

This thread is dead 1st and goal because the navasota posters are skeered of this game. :)

1st and goal
11-04-2011, 08:13 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if Giddings wins, they are D2 Winners and they would play probably Columbus? And if the Buffs lose, (not counting on the exact 3 point LG win), they will probably play Bellville as D2 runner up? I think the Rattlers are locked in to play Sealy....

Just trying to figure if the teams will be playing starters the whole game or not.

HEMOTOXIC
11-04-2011, 08:18 AM
This thread is dead 1st and goal because the navasota posters are skeered of this game. :)

:iagree: We are shaking in our boots!

HEMOTOXIC
11-04-2011, 08:19 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if Giddings wins, they are D2 Winners and they would play probably Columbus? And if the Buffs lose, (not counting on the exact 3 point LG win), they will probably play Bellville as D2 runner up? I think the Rattlers are locked in to play Sealy....

Just trying to figure if the teams will be playing starters the whole game or not.

I believe that you are correct. I should know tonight when and where the Rattlers are playing next week.

Pudlugger
11-04-2011, 08:26 AM
Feels like football weather outside. Come on, let's play this game tonight.

I like the feel of this game for the buffaloes. I sense a quiet relaxed confidence. AND I DID IT AGAIN. (PUDLIKE) :)

It seems I have a stalker.:eek:

buff4ever
11-04-2011, 08:32 AM
It seems I have a stalker.:eek:

It is more like your cheesy crap is contagious. Cheese is for pizza, not football.

What I should have said is our guys need to play the whole game instead of coming out like a bunch or candy arses and kick navasota's arse like they know how. Instead I talked about feelings and emotions and rainbows and what ifs, PUDLIKE :)

Just having fun with you pud, you a good man.

1st and goal
11-04-2011, 04:15 PM
Hey Hemo,
Are you the only one from Nastysoda coming over? Where are all the rattler peeps?

Do you think many fans will make the trip? Especially since not much rests on the outcome for the rattlers' sake.

HEMOTOXIC
11-04-2011, 05:14 PM
Hey Hemo,
Are you the only one from Nastysoda coming over? Where are all the rattler peeps?

Do you think many fans will make the trip? Especially since not much rests on the outcome for the rattlers' sake.

We should have a nice following.

Buff42
11-04-2011, 05:44 PM
Let's do work tonight Buffs.

Go Buffs Go

1st and goal
11-04-2011, 06:11 PM
Bout to leave for game. Got the gameface ON! Time for a STAMPEDE!

OldBison75
11-04-2011, 07:13 PM
Rattlers score on first drive. Miss XP.
Navasota 6
Giddings 0

striker
11-04-2011, 07:49 PM
Navasota 6 - Giddings 13 with 7:56 left in the 2nd quarter. Listen LIVE at Navasota News 1550 (www.navasotanews.com)

striker
11-04-2011, 09:02 PM
Navasota 20 - Giddings 16 in the 3rd

striker
11-04-2011, 09:22 PM
Navasota 27 - Giddings 16 with 5:21 in the 4th.

striker
11-04-2011, 09:40 PM
FINAL: Navasota 27 - Giddings 16
District 23-3A Champions

gtownfan
11-04-2011, 10:00 PM
Wow, I wish we could play a complete game. Not a pretty second half at all.

Anyhow, heard Buffs and Bellville at A&M Consolidated on Friday.

Buff42
11-04-2011, 10:25 PM
Congrats Rattlers. Good luck and represent the district well in the playoffs. Yall have some awesome talent- #32 was a beast, he was in our backfield ALL night long. I have no idea why we didn't double team him until near the end of the game.

We need to play four quarters to have any chance to succeed. That and quit shooting ourselves in foot.

gameface
11-04-2011, 10:32 PM
Congrat's Buffs and Rattlers-fine battle tonight-good luck in the playoffs! Keep your GAMEFACE ON!

Pudlugger
11-04-2011, 11:00 PM
It is more like your cheesy crap is contagious. Cheese is for pizza, not football.

What I should have said is our guys need to play the whole game instead of coming out like a bunch or candy arses and kick navasota's arse like they know how. Instead I talked about feelings and emotions and rainbows and what ifs, PUDLIKE :)

Just having fun with you pud, you a good man.

Well I guess i'll have to settle for that pizza. Make it extra cheese and plenty of peperoni and jalapenos.

Too bad for both of us that Navasota pulled out the win but when all is said and done they are rightfully the Champions. Good luck against Bellville they are a very tough team to beat and are riding high going into the playoffs. The Leps will be very strong next year with 17 starters returning.

zebrablue2
11-05-2011, 12:16 AM
Congrats Rattlers!

HEMOTOXIC
11-05-2011, 12:27 AM
This was a hard fought good game for both teams.

It was indeed the tale of two halves. Way to get the second half shutout Rattlers!

Bring on the Tigers!

1st and goal
11-05-2011, 06:54 AM
2 costly mistakes for the Buffs were:
Mishandled a field goal snap and the Rattlers picked it up and ran it all the way back for a TD.

Buffs had stopped the Rattlers about midfield and they punted, the ball touched our returner as it took a hairy bounce. He was complaining to the ref that he had gotten pushed into the ball but he now knows better. Rattlers got the ball on our 9 yd line and they scored on the next play.

Yes, a tale of 2 halves. Congrats Navasota, good luck in the playoffs.

1st and goal
11-05-2011, 07:18 AM
The Buffs were able to contain the Rattlers running game, but their QB and tall receiver were a hard to stop combo.

HEMOTOXIC
11-05-2011, 10:26 AM
The Buffs were able to contain the Rattlers running game, but their QB and tall receiver were a hard to stop combo.

As I have been complaining about for the past 4-5 weeks, Fedora hasn't been playing his two best backs. However, #25, Horn, the #2 back, did play some in the second half. #30 didn't play at all. He is the #1 back.

HEMOTOXIC
11-05-2011, 10:34 AM
http://www.brazossports.com/football/Navasota-clinches-District-23-3A-championship--6756629

Navasota clinches District 23-3A championship

Published Saturday, November 05, 2011 1:22 AM

By SCOTT CLENDENIN
Special to The Eagle

GIDDINGS -- Using key special teams plays and an inspired defensive effort to rally in the second half, Navasota clinched the outright District 23-3A championship by beating Giddings 27-16 on Friday.

After being gashed for 225 yards in the first half, the Rattler defense allowed just 89 yards after intermission and kept the Buffaloes off the scoreboard to set up a 3A bi-district matchup with Sealy in Waller next Friday. Navasota (9-1, 5-0) beat Sealy 33-17 in the first round last year.

Giddings (8-2, 4-2) took the second-half kickoff and drove to Navasota's 8-yard line looking to pad a 16-6 lead. But with the Buffaloes facing second-and-inches, the Rattlers' defense and special teams took over.

Navasota dropped Joseph Glenn on a sweep around right tackle for a 5-yard loss. Giddings quarterback Jackie Wade tried a sweep around the left side on the next play but could only gain 2 yards, forcing a field goal attempt. The snap flew out of the reach of the holder Wade, bounded away from him, and Navasota's Solomon McGinty grabbed it at the 30-yard line and outran everybody for a touchdown. The crucial 10-point turnaround cut Giddings' lead to 16-13 with the extra point kick by Cesar Barron.

"We got concerned coming over here because Giddings is a good football team," Navasota head coach Lee Fedora said. "We told the team it was a hostile environment, and we didn't play the first half like we needed too. We went in at halftime and all we told our kids was we know what type of team we are and it is going to show in the second half."

After McGinty's 70-yard fumble return TD, Navasota's defense forced a Giddings three-and-out and took over on the Rattler 17. Two straight passes from Baker to Austin Collins had the Rattlers facing third-and-2, and Baker converted that with a quick pass on a stop route to Jamison Coles. Baker and Collins later ended the drive with a touchdown on a 40-yard bubble screen pass perfectly set up with a wall of blockers opening the hole for Collins.

That gave Navasota a 20-16 lead, and the Rattlers' special teams again make a pivotal play.

After Giddings missed a 40-yard field goal early in the fourth quarter, the Navasota offense moved the ball into Giddings territory before being forced to punt. As the punt hit the ground and bounced toward the end zone, Giddings' returner touched the ball at his 9 but didn't field it, and Austin Baumert recovered for the Rattlers.

Baker then found a wide open McGinty for the final points of the night, connecting on a 9-yard TD pass to give Navasota a 27-16 lead.

Baker finished the night 16-of-20 passing for 183 yards and three scores. McGinty caught six passes for 80 yards and two touchdowns. Collins ended with seven catches for 70 yards and a score.

Giddings only gained 47 yards after the bad snap on the third-quarter field goal attempt. Navasota didn't let Wade complete a second-half pass and held him to 8-of-20 passing for 104 yards and a touchdown. Glenn had 25 carries for 153 yards and three receptions for 45 yards for Giddings.

Navasota scored first by overcoming a sack on the drive's first play. Malek gained 8 yards up the middle on second down after the sack, and Baker hooked up with McGinty for a 6-yard gain with most of the yardage coming after contact in the secondary. Malek gained 18 yards on two running plays before Baker went over the top to a covered McGinty for a 42-yard touchdown. On the play, McGinty shook off a tackle at the Giddings' 10 and tiptoed the last 5 yards for a 6-0 lead.

Giddings tried to chew up the clock all game and did just that on its first possession. Glenn, 23-3A's leading rusher, started strong, but it was the Wade passing attack that kept the chains moving. He hit Alex Ellison on a crossing pattern for 13 yards on a third-and-14 play that set up Glenn for a fourth-down run up the middle for a first down. Facing third-and-12, Wade found Deon Hutchinson again open on a crossing pattern for 14 yards and another first down. Glenn carried three straight times for the last 17 yards, including a 6-yard TD run going untouched for a 7-6 Giddings lead.

Giddings forced a Navasota punt on the ensuing possession and took over at its 13. Glenn and Deon Hickey combined to carry the ball to the Buffaloes' 42 before a false start penalty forced a third-and-7 play. Wade then found Hickey, whose juggling catch and run moved the ball to midfield for a first down. Wade later missed a pass downfield on third down, but a roughing the quarterback penalty followed by an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty against Fedora set up Giddings at Navasota's 23. Again facing third and long after two short running plays, Wade hit a wide open Hickey on a wheel route for a 21-yard TD pass and 13-6 lead.

Giddings forced Navasota to punt again, then Glenn or Hickey carried the ball on seven straight plays to move the ball from their 13 to the Navasota 36. The Rattler defense finally forced a fourth down, and Michael Rangel connected on a 36-yard field goal with 9 seconds left in the second quarter for a 16-6 halftime lead.