PDA

View Full Version : Rice raiders and Port isabel post game anaylis

afflac65
12-07-2003, 11:45 PM
I was at that game saturday that has to be one of the greatest games that i have ever seen. both teams showed heart and respect and honor for one another. These young men are to be recongize for what they are and what they have accomplished.

PORT ISABEL
1. This team played a very discipline game. the only mental mistake they made was the mis-handled punt which was blocked and rice got 2 points for a safety.

RICE CONSOLIDATED
2. This team made several mental mistakes. When they missed the first extra point and they tried to go for 2 points on the next touchdown and did not get it. Then on the 3rd touchdown tried to go for 2 and did not get either. then on the 4th touchdown they kicked the extra point.
The score at the end of the 1st half was:
RICE CONSOLIDATED--25
PORT ISABEL--------21
Rice consolidated left 3 points on the field at this point in the game. this is players and coaches mental mistakes.

The final score at the end of regulation was
Rice consolidated-35 and Port Isabel-35.
In every game that Rice consolidated loss missing extra points have played a very important role.
I know as a player you hate to leave points on the field because once it is over you cant get it them back. just think if rice consolidated would make their extra points the score would have been.
RICE CONSOLIDATED-37 AND PORT ISABEL-35 and they would not been any overtime this is something to think about.

Bellville22
12-07-2003, 11:51 PM
This is one of the reasons why I didn't think Rice would win the title. Sooner or later, they were going to get in a situation where they're talented offense couldn't bail out the special teams.

You must be a complete team to win this far into the playoffs, there are exceptions, but very few.

Nevertheless, congrats to Rice on a great year.

afflac65
12-07-2003, 11:55 PM
Thank you bellville 22.

footballgal
12-08-2003, 12:08 AM
Other mental mistake you missed for the Tarpons was the missed field goal, with less than 2 minutes left in the game. This would possibly been the last socre if the Tarpons defense held Rice for less than a minute. Leaving the score at 38-37. And got another oppourtunity to possibly try to kick again, but threw an interception to take it to overtime.

<small>[ December 07, 2003, 11:10 PM: Message edited by: footballgal ]</small>

afflac65
12-08-2003, 12:56 AM
come on get real they attempted a 47 yard field goal that kicker had no chance of making that at all anyway that was a physical mistake not a mental mistake. come on get with the program here.

Kool Tarpon 21
12-08-2003, 01:19 AM
Just to let you know, our kicker has made a 52 yard field goal before. There was no wind at that time if you were thinking about saying something like that. We just made that mistake. Don't you think our coach would know if he had a chance to make a field goal that far or not? Anyways, the game is over. You all had a great team and I give you mad props. Laterz.

BULLDOGFAN
12-08-2003, 07:25 AM
I have always said that mistakes are the difference this late in the season. The extra point thing on Rice's side I couldn't figure out but it did cost them. Not that Port Isabel could't have done something to get back in the game anyways.

The ref's in the end were a little too much, especialy against Port Isabel and it was maninly that guy in the end zone. He needed to adjust his glasses.

Defenses looked good, I think Port Isabels did a better job especialy the second half. Rice offensive players kept getting up a little slower each down.

Offense on both sides was just outstanding. The running game was everything it was said to be.

Port Isabel reminds me of Bandera from last year. Things are just going their way. Their maturity level is outstanding. Even in the critical moments you don't see any stupid celebrations. They congradulate each other for tough play. They are focused It is real obvious that they have one thought in mind, and that is STATE.

The Coaching was a little weird in the third quater but overall play calling was awesome.

Four overtimes will be the key from here on out. Can Port Isabel get emotionaly up two more games? Something tells me they will.

Good luck to the Tarps.

Just keep playing in San Antonio and it will make my day much better.

footballgal
12-08-2003, 09:20 AM
afflac65:
come on get real they attempted a 47 yard field goal that kicker had no chance of making that at all anyway that was a physical mistake not a mental mistake. come on get with the program here.Like Kool Tarpon mentioned before he has made many long FG before. And I have to disagree, when you say it wasn't a mental mistake. Isn't why even in the Pro's coaches take timeouts seconds before the kicker kicks, to rattle the kickers? Yeah and it's also physical, because it’s either that you can physically kick it or not. So in this instance it wasn't physical because he can physically make them, it was the mental part of it that made it not happen.

<small>[ December 08, 2003, 08:22 AM: Message edited by: footballgal ]</small>

Bob
12-08-2003, 10:33 AM
I gotta eat a little crow. I said befor the game that PI didn't have a chance. I apologize. You made a believer out of me. Not to take anything away from PI offense, but I thought Rice's defense was supposed to be great.

PI-fan
12-09-2003, 02:26 AM
afflac65:
just think if rice consolidated would make their extra points the score would have been.
RICE CONSOLIDATED-37 AND PORT ISABEL-35 and they would not been any overtime this is something to think about.Just think if PI hadn't fumbled the punt snap that turned into a safety, PI would've won 35-33. and there would not been any overtime this is something to think about. eek! :D :p