PDA

View Full Version : 3A Volleyball Playoffs

hookandladder
10-30-2011, 12:34 PM
What is everyones opinion about a school that does not play football trying to force another school that plays football to have a Volleyball playoff game the last week of regular football season, I think think should not happen with it not being football playoff time yet. What do you guys think.

Leopard4Life
10-30-2011, 12:58 PM
When do the first round of the playoffs officially start? And how can one school force another to play on a certain date? Do they do a toss to see who the home team is and they pick date/location?

hookandladder
10-30-2011, 04:01 PM
When do the first round of the playoffs officially start? And how can one school force another to play on a certain date? Do they do a toss to see who the home team is and they pick date/location?

Yes, if they do not agree a coin toss will decide but just saying I think it is just crappy for someone to do this and first round starts Tuesday.

pirate4state
10-30-2011, 04:16 PM
Are you serious?

wimbo_pro
10-30-2011, 04:19 PM
I'm not sure I understand the issue here.

pirate4state
10-30-2011, 04:26 PM
I hope you realize the region semi-final games will be in direct competition with, wait for it, the first week of playoff football. *gasp* LOL

wimbo_pro
10-30-2011, 04:51 PM
I hope you realize the region semi-final games will be in direct competition with, wait for it, the first week of playoff football. *gasp* LOL

And?? Thats bad? Sounds like exciting times to me.

pirate4state
10-30-2011, 04:56 PM
Nope. Just letting hook know that he might have bigger issues the following week. LOL Or maybe not? I just can't believe this is even an issue. Reads like a bunch of :weeping: to me. :)

rb585
10-30-2011, 04:57 PM
What is everyones opinion about a school that does not play football trying to force another school that plays football to have a Volleyball playoff game the last week of regular football season, I think think should not happen with it not being football playoff time yet. What do you guys think.

I think that a school that doesn't play football should either be shut down or banished to Oklahoma.

GrTigers6
10-30-2011, 06:40 PM
We schedule around football games mainly due to the fact that most of our cheerleaders are on the volleyball team. but also not to compete for fans.

wimbo_pro
10-30-2011, 06:47 PM
Cheerleading or volleyball? Seems like an easy choice to me.

ccmom
10-30-2011, 07:24 PM
What is everyones opinion about a school that does not play football trying to force another school that plays football to have a Volleyball playoff game the last week of regular football season, I think think should not happen with it not being football playoff time yet. What do you guys think. I don't understand what you are trying to say, I guess. Volleyball and football conflict all the time. Like P4S said, the Regional Volleyball tourneys will most definitely conflict with football playoffs. I'm not following you.

R4Editor
10-30-2011, 09:44 PM
MONDAY, Oct. 31
3A Bi-District
(2) Orange Grove vs (3) La Feria - 7pm at Falfurrias

TUESDAY, Nov. 1
3A Bi-District
(2) Rockport vs (3) Sweeny - 7pm at Palacios
(3) Ingleisde vs (2) Palacios - 7pm at Goliad
Raymondville at Port Isabel, 7 p.m.
BYE - (1) Sinton, (1) West Oso

hookandladder
10-31-2011, 07:59 AM
I don't understand what you are trying to say, I guess. Volleyball and football conflict all the time. Like P4S said, the Regional Volleyball tourneys will most definitely conflict with football playoffs. I'm not following you.

Tell me how many other school are playing a volleyball playoff game this Friday night and a football game , with them being over a 100 miles apart and starting at the same time. I understand it could happen down the road however this is the last week of football season for a lot of teams,this boils down to a school trying to take advantage of another school. They could play on Thursday or Saturday , I guess they are trying to get back at us for knocking their butt out of the playoffs in baseball last year. You cannot tell me Friday is the only day they can play, pretty black and white. Shows very little class.

ExScoop
10-31-2011, 10:26 AM
I know La Grange Radio station will be broadcasting a 3A game on Tuesday night but forgot who
http://www.kvlgkbuk.com/