PDA

View Full Version : Boerne at Wimberley for District 26-3A Championship

Sportshack
10-30-2011, 12:23 PM
Hard to get a handle on Boerne. I hear they pass the ball well but do not really know. What about it CL and Navarro? They lost to Navarro by score of 40-22. Navarro is a small but hard nosed team and it appears they got after the Boerne defense. However, Boerne beat CL 35-14. Heard CL had turn over bug in that game. Also CL defense is not their team's strength. I am thinking the defensive front and LB corp might be too much for Greyhounds. I also do not think that Boerne will be able to shut down Texans' diverse offense. I think Texans will win district Friday night.

lbjacj
10-30-2011, 12:31 PM
Hard to get a handle on Boerne. I hear they pass the ball well but do not really know. What about it CL and Navarro? They lost to Navarro by score of 40-22. Navarro is a small but hard nosed team and it appears they got after the Boerne defense. However, Boerne beat CL 35-14. Heard CL had turn over bug in that game. Also CL defense is not their team's strength. I am thinking the defensive front and LB corp might be too much for Greyhounds. I also do not think that Boerne will be able to shut down Texans' diverse offense. I think Texans will win district Friday night.

After the way Boerne put it to the Texans last year in the first half of that game, the Texans need to take charge early. If that happens the Texans should win district and enter the playoffs on a roll with everyone back from injury except Josh.

bag-o-chips
10-30-2011, 12:48 PM
Amick will either run or throw. Against Navarro he only had 82 yds on 14 carries. Only one other player had a carry .Navarro played w/o a d line in the game. Put some fast players in a 2 pt. stance and get after them. The splits are huge. Navarro has played them this way the last 2 years and beat them. They are a better team this year but if Wimberley plays like last friday night they should have a win with not many problems.

Tejastrue
10-30-2011, 01:45 PM
You stop their QB Amick and you stop Boerne. He is their offense.

Passing

Name

Comp

Att

Pct

Yds

TD

INT

Wil Amick (http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/scoreboard/?site=default&tpl=Player&Season=2011&ID=48564&mkt=houston&TeamID=6078&Sport=1&SearchType=Teams)

Karl Koch (http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/scoreboard/?site=default&tpl=Player&Season=2011&ID=56649&mkt=houston&TeamID=6078&Sport=1&SearchType=Teams)

Rushing

Name

Att

Yds

Yds/Att

TD

Wil Amick (http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/scoreboard/?site=default&tpl=Player&Season=2011&ID=48564&mkt=houston&TeamID=6078&Sport=1&SearchType=Teams)

Karl Koch (http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/scoreboard/?site=default&tpl=Player&Season=2011&ID=56649&mkt=houston&TeamID=6078&Sport=1&SearchType=Teams)

HSFB
10-30-2011, 04:12 PM
Thoughts on game and more…..

Wimberley Defense:
Well I’m glad that Boerne throws the ball as we will finally see if our D “weakness” is actually a weakness and I’ll go on the record again by saying that is it not even with Gray and Blakemore being out of action back there. Number one reason is D coaching/scheme, number 2 is that some skilled athletic and aggressive players have stepped up and three the pressure from an athletic and physical front 7 or 8 will cause some picks on the backend and make everything else behind them have a better flow. I love the way that the coaches have these guys flying to the football as there are usually a handful of Texan defenders around the ball. I keep my mouth shut at times as I do not want to appear to be disrespectful to opponents, too arrogant, insane or whatever it may be called but overall this is a very gifted D which great coaches to put them in position to succeed. If an opposing O does not have a Jones-Drew type of special athlete on their side then they are in trouble and it will be a long night.

Wimberley Offense:
Wimberley’s offense can win this one a number of ways but I would like to see Smith get more involved in actually carrying the ball and not so much as a slot, blocker or decoy. The recipe for success once we get a couple of rounds deep in the playoffs will be to get him 20ish carries/touches within 3 quarters which absolutely wears out many D’s. Spell him with Wilson for a great change of pace combo along the way and wow.

Smith wearing out teams with his physicality when touching the ball allows everyone to feed off of that. WR’s have more room as they have to spin a DB down in the box, helps QB as teams have to have even more respect for the running game, miraculously the OL looks a lot better, drives are sustained which helps the D, etc. It just sets the stage on sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooo many levels. EVERYONE has better O production & stats and is more effective when he gets touches. So what happens when the D has to game plan and focus on Smith, well Brady starts killing you, Blakemore is even more explosive, Trint brings a change of pace that is even more dynamic when paired w Smith, Kelly rumble bumble stumbles between the tackles for even more physical yards, things are opened up for Davis and Hunter, 2nd and 9 or 8 becomes 2nd and 6 or 4, or less, etc….

When tackled there is usually a price to pay and the way his physicality allows him to finish off runs is demoralizing and wearing to opponents and especially the guys who have to go both ways. There are many games to reference with last year’s Cuero and Sealy games being good examples. He is being worked back in to playing shape at this ime but it will be fun to see the overall impact that significant touches has once again when he gets back to 100% playing shape. Point is that it is playoff time and as good as we have been to date, the best is yet to come and that is what I’m excited about.

wimbo_pro
10-30-2011, 04:32 PM
Thoughts on game and more…..

Point is that it is playoff time and as good as we have been to date, the best is yet to come and that is what I’m excited about.

This is the most exciting point...we are showing signs of peaking (or rather heading in that direction) which is a sign of good coaching. We are so much better than what we have shown for most of the season, for a variety of reasons, but nevertheless, we are going to get better with each game from here on out. We have so much talent spread around the field that we (the fans) have been a bit concerned here and there. I have a feeling the coaches havent been near as concerned, having done this before, many times.

It's our time. I dont see such a talented group coming to varsity for quite a few more years. It's been at least 5 years since we have seen this much talent...some say 6...some say this IS the most talented team (I don't agree...I think the Championship Team still holds that trophy). Anyways, we definitely have enough talent to get to the Big Show. It's up to the coaches...and I feel good about that.

gambler1606
10-30-2011, 05:24 PM

Passing

Name

Comp

Att

Pct

Yds

TD

INT

Rushing

Name

Att

Yds

Yds/Att

TD

Sounds like he's a Stud!!

clhsdad
10-30-2011, 08:14 PM
Texans should once again prevail to much offense and defense is good enough to stop Boerne.

lbjacj
10-30-2011, 08:45 PM
Texans should once again prevail to much offense and defense is good enough to stop Boerne.

Don't ya'll need Boerne to beat the Texans to make the playoffs?

lbjacj
10-30-2011, 09:12 PM
Don't ya'll need Boerne to beat the Texans to make the playoffs?

You need to beat Bandera and either a Navarro loss or a Wimberley loss to get in.

http://hilltopnewspaper.com/2011/10/playoff-picture-for-canyon-lake-football/#more-1949

Football, News, Sport News | October 30, 2011

Playoff Picture for Canyon Lake Football

With one game remaining the playoff picture for the Hawks has become much clearer.

What If:
1) Canyon Lake has to win the upcoming game to Bandera. A loss would mean CL would need a Navarro loss to Fredericksburg.
That would also mean a three way tie for third place and the Hawks would be awarded a Playoff spot based on beating both of those teams.

Any other situation would put the Hawks out of the running.

2) Boerne beats Wimberley? Then you would have a tie for first place in District play between those two teams.
Boerne would be awarded first place and Wimberley would be runner up.

Canyon Lake would be awarded the third spot based on the head to head victory over Navarro.

The Hawks would be put in Division 1 playoffs based on being the largest school from District 26-3A.

3) Fredericksburg beats Navarro? Then the Navarro loss would guarantee a spot for Canyon Lake regardless of the Boerne/Wimberley game.

Also, look at the number one scenario above in this article.

3) If both Boerne and Navarro lose, then that would put CL in the playoffs based on Navarro being in the mix with a Hawk win.

With a Hawk loss…then Canyon Lake would be out of the playoffs based on the three way tie breaker.

4) Canyon Lake wins and both Navarro and Wimberley win this weekend, then the Hawks would be the odd team out based on the three way tie breaker.

Canyon Lake beat Navarro by 15 points.
Navarro beat Boerne by 21 points. (17 points is the max)
Boerne beat Canyon Lake by 21 points. (same as above)

The two point differential is the difference between the three schools.
This situation would put Boerne in Division 1 bracket.

Wimberley would be District Champion and Navarro would be runner up in Division II bracket.

Bottom line: Two things give CL the best chance. a) Win, b) Navarro getting beat by the Billies or Boerne beating the Texans.

HSFB
10-31-2011, 11:03 AM
You need to beat Bandera and either a Navarro loss or a Wimberley loss to get in.

http://hilltopnewspaper.com/2011/10/playoff-picture-for-canyon-lake-football/#more-1949

Football, News, Sport News | October 30, 2011

Playoff Picture for Canyon Lake Football

With one game remaining the playoff picture for the Hawks has become much clearer.

What If:
1) Canyon Lake has to win the upcoming game to Bandera. A loss would mean CL would need a Navarro loss to Fredericksburg.
That would also mean a three way tie for third place and the Hawks would be awarded a Playoff spot based on beating both of those teams.

Any other situation would put the Hawks out of the running.

2) Boerne beats Wimberley? Then you would have a tie for first place in District play between those two teams.
Boerne would be awarded first place and Wimberley would be runner up.

Canyon Lake would be awarded the third spot based on the head to head victory over Navarro.

The Hawks would be put in Division 1 playoffs based on being the largest school from District 26-3A.

3) Fredericksburg beats Navarro? Then the Navarro loss would guarantee a spot for Canyon Lake regardless of the Boerne/Wimberley game.

Also, look at the number one scenario above in this article.

3) If both Boerne and Navarro lose, then that would put CL in the playoffs based on Navarro being in the mix with a Hawk win.

With a Hawk loss…then Canyon Lake would be out of the playoffs based on the three way tie breaker.

4) Canyon Lake wins and both Navarro and Wimberley win this weekend, then the Hawks would be the odd team out based on the three way tie breaker.

Canyon Lake beat Navarro by 15 points.
Navarro beat Boerne by 21 points. (17 points is the max)
Boerne beat Canyon Lake by 21 points. (same as above)

The two point differential is the difference between the three schools.
This situation would put Boerne in Division 1 bracket.

Wimberley would be District Champion and Navarro would be runner up in Division II bracket.

Bottom line: Two things give CL the best chance. a) Win, b) Navarro getting beat by the Billies or Boerne beating the Texans.

my head hurts... :)

Sportshack
10-31-2011, 11:19 AM
my head hurts... :)

If Boerne loses and CL and Navarro win then 3-way tie for 2nd and CL out on tie breaker. It seems article said something different. Ohhhh....never mind...I read it wrong. At any rate without a Wimberley or Navarro loss CL out. The Billies could do it.

clhsdad
10-31-2011, 12:33 PM
Yes I just read the article as well. Guess have to pull for Boerne in an upset this week. Will be tough though I just don't think they can handle Texans offense or be able to outscore them. Don't see Navarro losing either don't want to upset Fredericksburg fans but they were awful against us last week. They will have to play better if they are going to beat Navarro and we still have to get past Bandera as well.

wimbo_pro
10-31-2011, 01:12 PM
Wimberley should handle Boerne rather well. Will they? I think so, but sometimes we let lesser talented teams hang around too long.

Sportshack
10-31-2011, 02:09 PM
Wimberley should handle Boerne rather well. Will they? I think so, but sometimes we let lesser talented teams hang around too long.

WHS should win but Boerne has shown ability to play well and if their QB is "on" and if WHS flat anything could happen. It is not a gimme at all. Wimberley has not really had to play many throwing teams this year so a little untested in that situation. Dripping Springs threw the ball well and torched secondary but that was 2nd game of season. No one else could really throw or did throw. Of course WHS just outscored Dripping by a considerable margin. The secondary players have to be better at this point of season.

Of course any team can have flat game..OU 2 weeks ago...Texas Tech last Sat...so Texans need to focus. I think they will be focused at home and go back to back unefeated regular seasons.

Apache91
10-31-2011, 04:14 PM
Boerne doesn't have a chance. Texans have too many weapons and coached too well to lose this one. Wimbo by at least 21.

SintonFan
10-31-2011, 06:39 PM
Boerne has done much better than many thought they would. That area is growing very fast. Those areas tend to be very dangerous to predict with all the move-ins. This game could be closer than first believed to be.

wimbo_pro
10-31-2011, 07:02 PM
Boerne has done much better than many thought they would. That area is growing very fast. Those areas tend to be very dangerous to predict with all the move-ins. This game could be closer than first believed to be.

Good point, SintonFan. I think its up to us....simply put, if we build on last week's performance and improve, we will dominate them in all aspects. If we stumble or backslide, we could have a fight on our hands. Too late in the season to allow a backslide, I say (though we stumbled last year and damned near lost to them).

Gone Fishing
10-31-2011, 08:55 PM
Good point, SintonFan. I think its up to us....simply put, if we build on last week's performance and improve, we will dominate them in all aspects. If we stumble or backslide, we could have a fight on our hands. Too late in the season to allow a backslide, I say (though we stumbled last year and damned near lost to them).

You kidding? Boerne can not and I repeat can not compete with Wimberley this year. Wimberley is very very good, do not doubt it posters! I'm not even kidding!

SintonFan
10-31-2011, 09:27 PM

You kidding? Boerne can not and I repeat can not compete with Wimberley this year. Wimberley is very very good, do not doubt it posters! I'm not even kidding!

Take it how you want, GF. I wasn't saying anything negative about Wimberley, just bringing up the fact that Boerne is better than was predicted.

w_p, I think that is a good way to look at it. I think you also saw their potential last year.

Tejastrue
10-31-2011, 10:19 PM
Too late in the season to allow a backslide, I say (though we stumbled last year and damned near lost to them).

Oh come on Wimbo... we spotted them 21 just for fun and then never looked back scoring the next 42...seriously though that first half was brutal and I remember some of the quotes the Boerne players made after the game about taking several of our starters out with injuries..they took a great deal of consolation with that after the loss...with that said...I do believe we will dominate....

SintonFan
10-31-2011, 10:23 PM
I do believe we will dominate....

Gotta love confidence. Just don't be cocky.

Tejastrue
10-31-2011, 10:34 PM
Gotta love confidence. Just don't be cocky.

Thin line between the two SintonFan..do you have a dog in this race???

SintonFan
10-31-2011, 10:40 PM
Thin line between the two SintonFan..do you have a dog in this race???

Does it matter if I did?

Tejastrue
10-31-2011, 10:48 PM
Does it matter if I did?

Might justify a bit for you posting comments like "just don't be cocky"...my guess you have a cousin, nephew, relative, what have you..somehow connected to the team feeling pretty good about themselves right now but... I have been known to be wrong...

ogg
10-31-2011, 10:56 PM
Oh come on Wimbo... we spotted them 21 just for fun and then never looked back scoring the next 42...seriously though that first half was brutal and I remember some of the quotes the Boerne players made after the game about taking several of our starters out with injuries..they took a great deal of consolation with that after the loss...with that said...I do believe we will dominate....

One of the most unreal comebacks I've seen in high school football. Sometimes the Texans don't play four full quarters.

SintonFan
10-31-2011, 10:58 PM
Might justify a bit for you posting comments like "just don't be cocky"...my guess you have a cousin, nephew, relative, what have you..somehow connected to the team feeling pretty good about themselves right now but... I have been known to be wrong...

I have been to a couple of Wimberley games the last few years or so.
Saw a couple of playoff games your team played back around the middle of the 2000's, when your team won state with friends from Wimberley.
Does it matter "when and where"?

Tejastrue
10-31-2011, 11:05 PM
I have been to a couple of Wimberley games the last few years or so.
Saw a couple of playoff games your team played back around the middle of the 2000's, when your team won state with friends from Wimberley.
Does it matter "when and where"?

Not sure where you are coming from...my thoughts were you have a Boerne connection...not Wimberley...besides..why is it your concern if I feel that confident about our team...

Manso/V8
10-31-2011, 11:34 PM
Excuse me for butting in, uhhh, well, oh, nevermind.........
Good luck to both teams!

SintonFan
11-01-2011, 12:23 AM
Not sure where you are coming from...my thoughts were you have a Boerne connection...not Wimberley...besides..why is it your concern if I feel that confident about our team...

Never said anything about you having confidence...

I'll just stay out of this thread then.

Sportshack
11-01-2011, 07:16 AM
It is unlikely Boerne will catch Texans flat since the game is for district championship. Boerne has won its district games in similar fashion to Texans: 42-14 win over Fredericksburg; 35-14 win over Canyon Lake; and 48-7 win over Bandera. Wimberley beat Fredericksburg 35-14; beat Canyon Lake 50-14; beat Bandera 42-6. The only notable difference is that Wimberley dismantled Navarro while Boerne took it on the chin 40-22. These numbers show that Boerne has also scored against opposition and held them down point wise with the exception of Navarro. I am guessing that Navarro just pounded the rock in a physical style that Boerne could not match. Boerne has not played a team in district with nearly as stout a defense as the Texans. However, the Texans secondary has yet to be truly tested. On the other hand, the Boerne defense will not have seen as diverse an offense either. Nonetheless, Boerne is not to be taken lightly. Last year they came out physical and fast and were up 21-0 before Texans could blink. As often happens with underdogs, they spent their energy in 1st half and got monkey stomped in 2nd half. Boerne also did not have to play against Smith last year and ...he's baaaaackkk!! The WR's stepped up last week! it is secondary's turn to step up and be ballers. The speed and tenacity of front seven will likely disrupt Boerne offensive flow. Nonetheless, Boerne has not been putting up the points they have this season without having some talent and ability. So the Texans better be amped. Too much fun.

Tejastrue
11-01-2011, 11:19 AM
Never said anything about you having confidence...

I'll just stay out of this thread then.

No..by all means..stay a while...maybe you can teach us the proper etiquette for sportsmanship and how to portray ourselves as confident without appearing cocky...but in fairness you need not show favoritism thus requiring you to read all the game threads and cast down your judgement accordingly...Lord have mercy....

Tejastrue
11-01-2011, 04:19 PM
Some Boerne coverage...

http://www.boernestar.com/sports/article_1db80952-04bf-11e1-be36-001cc4c03286.html

warhorsejoe
11-01-2011, 04:37 PM
Some Boerne coverage...

http://www.boernestar.com/sports/article_1db80952-04bf-11e1-be36-001cc4c03286.html

I've been putting it out there about Boerne, I was the first to nominate them in the Region IV top 10.

bulldog82
11-01-2011, 05:01 PM
Some Boerne coverage...

Article really plays them up, wouldn't brag too much about thrashing Bandera, we thrash ourselves pretty good. WHS stops Amick, which im sure they will, they will have no problem getting the W. BHS runs a spread spread, linemen have like 2 yard splits, daring you to flush the QB. WHS has the speed to contain Amick and when they do it will be all over.

clhsdad
11-01-2011, 05:48 PM
Is this game in Boerne or Wimberley. Just may have to go since I will not get to see CL in Bandera.

lbjacj
11-01-2011, 06:07 PM
Is this game in Boerne or Wimberley. Just may have to go since I will not get to see CL in Bandera.

It is in Wimberley but I thought if Boerne loses then Navarro gets in with a win over Fredericksberg ??

bag-o-chips
11-01-2011, 06:33 PM
If Boerne wins and CL wins Navarro is out even with a win at Fred. A Wimberley win and a Navarro win leaves CL out of the P.O's. A Navarro loss will let CL in is the way I see it.

Gone Fishing
11-01-2011, 10:25 PM
It is unlikely Boerne will catch Texans flat since the game is for district championship. Boerne has won its district games in similar fashion to Texans: 42-14 win over Fredericksburg; 35-14 win over Canyon Lake; and 48-7 win over Bandera. Wimberley beat Fredericksburg 35-14; beat Canyon Lake 50-14; beat Bandera 42-6. The only notable difference is that Wimberley dismantled Navarro while Boerne took it on the chin 40-22. These numbers show that Boerne has also scored against opposition and held them down point wise with the exception of Navarro. I am guessing that Navarro just pounded the rock in a physical style that Boerne could not match. Boerne has not played a team in district with nearly as stout a defense as the Texans. However, the Texans secondary has yet to be truly tested. On the other hand, the Boerne defense will not have seen as diverse an offense either. Nonetheless, Boerne is not to be taken lightly. Last year they came out physical and fast and were up 21-0 before Texans could blink. As often happens with underdogs, they spent their energy in 1st half and got monkey stomped in 2nd half. Boerne also did not have to play against Smith last year and ...he's baaaaackkk!! The WR's stepped up last week! it is secondary's turn to step up and be ballers. The speed and tenacity of front seven will likely disrupt Boerne offensive flow. Nonetheless, Boerne has not been putting up the points they have this season without having some talent and ability. So the Texans better be amped. Too much fun.

Damn Ss , you always bring up the secondary. I can only think of two times the secondary gave up big plays (Td's) and the starters were in, Gray and BM one time and the other time BM and Jones) The Db's and safetys have been kick ass, maybe thats why no team can go that rout against us. ! ? Yes this week will be a test for them, because what I understand BHS does, but I believe ( and if you will check earlier post you and I had, two a day times!), I said and believe we have great" Depth" there, and frankly on the whole defense. Our defense is the key for the drive to state.

Manso/V8
11-01-2011, 10:44 PM
Damn Ss , you always bring up the secondary. I can only think of two times the secondary gave up big plays (Td's) and the starters were in, Gray and BM one time and the other time BM and Jones) The Db's and safetys have been kick ass, maybe thats why no team can go that rout against us. ! ? Yes this week will be a test for them, because what I understand BHS does, but I believe ( and if you will check earlier post you and I had, two a day times!), I said and believe we have great" Depth" there, and frankly on the whole defense. Our defense is the key for the drive to state.

Unless you have elite quickness in the secondary, yall will need to put alot pressure on the QB when you face really good passing teams in the playoffs.....if they exist in 3a.

bulldog82
11-01-2011, 11:03 PM

Defense wins championships!

Sportshack
11-02-2011, 08:16 AM

Oh well...I am just a worrier I guess. I believe the DB play will be a pivotal key to success this week. I do not feel that have been challenged much this season. You saw same games and feel that have been challenged and were kick ass. There you go. I believe they are up to it and that it is their time to shine. Just venting an area of concern as a fan I guess. You have no concerns in that area and that could well be prophetic.

buff4ever
11-02-2011, 10:01 AM
I think that Wimberley will win this game, they are not playing Sealy as far as I can tell.

wimbo_pro
11-02-2011, 10:37 AM
I think that Wimberley will win this game, they are not playing Sealy as far as I can tell.
We would win that one again as well!

buff4ever
11-02-2011, 10:49 AM

I am not saying Sealy is that good, I am just saying they seem to match up well with you guys for some reason. They have looked good some weeks and not so good some weeks this year. But last year and this year, they played you guys well. They should have won last year.

wimbo_pro
11-02-2011, 11:16 AM
I am not saying Sealy is that good, I am just saying they seem to match up well with you guys for some reason. They have looked good some weeks and not so good some weeks this year. But last year and this year, they played you guys well. They should have won last year.

Yes, with the collapse we had last year at the end, you are right...you DESERVE to lose if you let someone come back like that (fumble in the endzone, two onside kicks lost, interceptions when you are way ahead). This year was more earned by Sealy than not. But still...you gotta win the game when you have someone down. Sealy does match up well against us, but for what reason? It was Sealy-Jones who did it...why doesnt he do that to other teams consistently? I am interested to see how they do in the play offs...wasnt it one and out last year?

buff4ever
11-02-2011, 02:12 PM
Yes, with the collapse we had last year at the end, you are right...you DESERVE to lose if you let someone come back like that (fumble in the endzone, two onside kicks lost, interceptions when you are way ahead). This year was more earned by Sealy than not. But still...you gotta win the game when you have someone down. Sealy does match up well against us, but for what reason? It was Sealy-Jones who did it...why doesnt he do that to other teams consistently? I am interested to see how they do in the play offs...wasnt it one and out last year?

Probably will be again, Navasota will beat them in round one again.

Navasota has a very good program going right now, with the athletes to back it. We have to try and steel one from them this week for a share of the title.

Tejastrue
11-02-2011, 02:44 PM

Oh lord...post a Wimberley game and a Sealy thread breaks out :eek:...wish there were a few Boerne fans on board...

ogg
11-02-2011, 03:28 PM
Oh lord...post a Wimberley game and a Sealy thread breaks out :eek:...wish there were a few Boerne fans on board...

A thread virus.

clhsdad
11-02-2011, 03:30 PM

Sorry Tejastrue but this week I am a Boerne fan.

ogg
11-02-2011, 03:36 PM

I think Lambert and his gang will move the ball well, they should get their points. The Texan D, play'in lights out right now, why do I keep thinking they'll get some picks in this game?

Tejastrue
11-02-2011, 06:17 PM
Sorry Tejastrue but this week I am a Boerne fan.

Understandably so clhsdad...think maybe you can talk some smack in lieu of a Boerne fan...:D

Tejastrue
11-02-2011, 06:25 PM
A thread virus.

:spitlol:

rb585
11-02-2011, 07:56 PM

Jeez, not this crap again...

rb585
11-02-2011, 07:59 PM
Oh well...I am just a worrier I guess. I believe the DB play will be a pivotal key to success this week. I do not feel that have been challenged much this season. You saw same games and feel that have been challenged and were kick ass. There you go. I believe they are up to it and that it is their time to shine. Just venting an area of concern as a fan I guess. You have no concerns in that area and that could well be prophetic.

I wasn't real impressed with the pass defense in the Dripping game.

Gone Fishing
11-02-2011, 10:11 PM
I wasn't real impressed with the pass defense in the Dripping game.

Second game of year and some different players in or their in all the time now. I feel good about the defense in general and that includes the secondary. Just saying.

Gone Fishing
11-02-2011, 10:18 PM
Unless you have elite quickness in the secondary, yall will need to put alot pressure on the QB when you face really good passing teams in the playoffs.....if they exist in 3a.

I feel we really put a lot pressure on the qb's now and can continue that no matter who we play in the payoffs. Not sure what 3 A elite speed is but as a whole unit including a couple of regular subs they all run 4.7 or better. Smith is problably 4.5 ish and several others in the mid 4.6's. Don't think we would ever have anybody on the field over 4.7. And then of course there is something called football speed, which has nothing to do with 40 speed.

Gone Fishing
11-02-2011, 10:28 PM

Dang Ss now I'm worrying ! It is a big D game and for sure the secondary can shine and make my point! (?) This BHS offense is weird as the qb throws or takes off running. I would guess throws better than Seals-Jones but surely does'nt run as well, but with that said he has great numbers both ways. I look forward to watching him. It will be interesting how coach smith shuts him down, and I believe he/we will.

Gone Fishing
11-02-2011, 10:36 PM
I think Lambert and his gang will move the ball well, they should get their points. The Texan D, play'in lights out right now, why do I keep thinking they'll get some picks in this game?

The D has played great all year- my prediction for over/ under on the picks is 3.

clhsdad
11-03-2011, 07:08 AM
Understandably so clhsdad...think maybe you can talk some smack in lieu of a Boerne fan...:D

Boerne rolls big time in this one.

wimbo_pro
11-03-2011, 07:12 AM

Highly doubtful.

ogg
11-03-2011, 07:47 AM

Ha..

Sportshack
11-03-2011, 08:08 AM

Way to step up for the Greyhound faithful chlsdad!! You da man!!! You better throw in some trash talk in favor of Billies while you are at it!!!!

Manso/V8
11-03-2011, 08:14 AM

Wimberley is a good and all, but has anyone really tested you? Have you a played another good team with speed and quickness across the board? The Navarro highlights that yall posted showed that Wimberley has a well coached, swarming defense against the run, and a strong passing game.
Have you faced anyone with a strong run game and a really good passing game, a team with a QB comparable to yours, and a receiver or two that will likely play D1 or D2 college ball? I think that will by the test for WHS. And are there any teams like that in your playoff bracket?

Sportshack
11-03-2011, 08:42 AM
Wimberley is a good and all, but has anyone really tested you? Have you a played another good team with speed and quickness across the board? The Navarro highlights that yall posted showed that Wimberley has a well coached, swarming defense against the run, and a strong passing game.
Have you faced anyone with a strong run game and a really good passing game, a team with a QB comparable to yours, and a receiver or two that will likely play D1 or D2 college ball? I think that will by the test for WHS. And are there any teams like that in your playoff bracket?

Sealy was the best test. Not really any other tests. Sealy does not pass all that well or at least did not at that time. Although, they did move the chains with the pass on several occasions. We have not played anygone with both a strong run game and passing game and with such a QB or receiver as you describe. I am not sure we will see such a team until deeper in playoffs assuming we get through 1st few rounds.

I think a team will have to be balanced to put up many points against Texans. Of course, a team like you describe will be tough for any opponent. I am not sure if there are many teams that fit that bill in general in Region IV. That does not mean there are not some dangerous hard nosed teams out there. This week in district WHS plays a spread attack with a gifted Qb. Not sure about their receivers. I personally think the fact that Region IV did not have many good passing teams last year (Wimberley was one of them) greatly helped WHS get to the semi-finals.

Soooo...how many teams can both run and throw well throughout of all of 3A? I would wager a small percentage. So the question is really how will Texans fare against the elite teams in 3A. It will simply depend on matchups.

clhsdad
11-03-2011, 09:33 AM
Way to step up for the Greyhound faithful chlsdad!! You da man!!! You better throw in some trash talk in favor of Billies while you are at it!!!!

Good idea! Go Billies!! At this point if it takes getting in thru the backdoor we will take it.

clhsdad
11-03-2011, 09:35 AM
Highly doubtful.

True, but that is why you play the game.

lbjacj
11-03-2011, 09:40 AM

Rolls over most likely

clhsdad
11-03-2011, 10:18 AM
Rolls over most likely

Yea afraid so that is exactly what I meant.

lbjacj
11-03-2011, 11:33 AM
Yea afraid so that is exactly what I meant.

If I were you I would be looking at Fred. beating Navarro as having a better chance at getting CL in the playoffs!

Tejastrue
11-03-2011, 11:48 AM

Yes (Sealy) and no...it's been either one or the other...most have been run oriented...in last year's playoffs, I don't recall a team like that (we faced) at all, including Coldspring...from last year Carthage and Brownwood come to mind...for this year I know there are a few out there that people talk about...maybe you can enlighten us... Boerne..the team we play tomorrow night show to be balanced on paper but the QB is getting most of the yardage on the ground. Unless they have a rb step up (other than the QB) I feel we'll contain them just fine...

wimbo_pro
11-03-2011, 11:48 AM

If you are asking if we have faced a team as good as the 4th or 5th round of the play off brackets...the answer is no, not even close. Nor has 90% of the teams that are going to get in the play offs. I worry about that very thing though...will we step up? But then again, will THEY step up as well? So, all in all, except for maybe Region 1 teams, there arent that many teams tested to that level.

clhsdad
11-03-2011, 12:15 PM
If I were you I would be looking at Fred. beating Navarro as having a better chance at getting CL in the playoffs!

We played Fredericksburg last week don't see that happening either. Not sure how they beat Bandera just did not look good anywhere.

Sportshack
11-03-2011, 01:11 PM
If you are asking if we have faced a team as good as the 4th or 5th round of the play off brackets...the answer is no, not even close. Nor has 90% of the teams that are going to get in the play offs. I worry about that very thing though...will we step up? But then again, will THEY step up as well? So, all in all, except for maybe Region 1 teams, there arent that many teams tested to that level.

One could see such a team early in playoff brackets. Last year, the toughest test in Region IV playoff brackets for Wimberley was Cuero in 2nd round. I think that they could have gone on to face Coldspring had they beat us. However, I do not think that there are many teams in Region IV that have offenses that excel in both the running game and the passing game. The teams making noise in Region IV (and I will likely leave some out) that I know about are (in no particular order) Devine, Gonzalez, Hondo, and West Columbia. I am sure there are some others. I do not know much about the teams from Corpus area and Valley. I understand that Devine is primarily an excellent running team. I do not know about Gonzalez. Hondo is more balanced I think but lost to a 5-4 Somerset team. I am also not sure if any of those teams will go D I. Wimberley is D II all the way.

Who else out there going D II is looking to have strong playoff run? Are they a balanced offensive squad?

Manso/V8
11-03-2011, 02:56 PM
Yes (Sealy) and no...it's been either one or the other...most have been run oriented...in last year's playoffs, I don't recall a team like that (we faced) at all, including Coldspring...from last year Carthage and Brownwood come to mind...for this year I know there are a few out there that people talk about...maybe you can enlighten us... Boerne..the team we play tomorrow night show to be balanced on paper but the QB is getting most of the yardage on the ground. Unless they have a rb step up (other than the QB) I feel we'll contain them just fine...

Sealy was a test for us as well, which we didn't fail, but unfortunately we didn't get the W. Sealy has flashes of a decent passing game, but it not as consistent, or as strong as we have seen in this area in seasons past. Bellville teams from earlier in the 2000's had some exciting passing teams with good QB's and receivers. Emmanuel Sanders graduated in 2005 and he is now in his second year with the Pittsburg Steelers.....big news around these parts, and yes, you could sense the difference in his skill and potential in high school. I wouldn't be surprised to see Seals-Jones playing on Sundays in five years or so.

Since Boerne's "balance" is coming from one player, I agree that WHS should contain him. Makes it easier when you know exactly who to focus on.

Navasota is a well coached, balanced team with a very good and athletic QB, RB's, and WR's, but they are going DII facing Sealy in the first round again. Other than that, it seems most of the stronger teams in this area rely on the running game, with relatively low completion percentages and yardage in their passing attack. La Grange has developed a balanced offense attack in district play after a lackluster pre-district......we beat them 42-3 in their last game before district, but they have since turned it around averaging 145 yds rushing and 193 yds passing in district play. Two weeks after their loss to Bellville they lost to Navasota 27-26 in overtime putting up 176 yds rushing and 161 yds passing against the Rattlers.....somehow a completely different team that faced Bellville, evidence that teams can really change through the course of the season. La Grange may squeak in to playoffs, but if they do, I doubt they will make it out of the RegIII bracket. I don't know enough about the other Region III - DII teams east and north of us, to say if they are balanced or not. It just seems to me that it is tougher to win the SC with a heavy reliance on the ground game.

wimbo_pro
11-03-2011, 03:04 PM
It just seems to me that it is tougher to win the SC with a heavy reliance on the ground game.

Unless you have the talent Liberty Hill did in 06, 07.

Sportshack
11-03-2011, 05:39 PM
Unless you have the talent Liberty Hill did in 06, 07.

You ain't kidding Wimbp Pro and LH was good in '08 as well. LH just ran into wrong team in '08 I guess as they seemed to have the same machine working that year. They had a really good run. Actually, they were pretty darned good in '05 as well but WHS had a man-eater defense that year.

ogg
11-03-2011, 09:26 PM

Passing

Name

Comp

Att

Pct

Yds

TD

INT

Rushing

Name

Att

Yds

Yds/Att

TD

Can't help but think of Brock Fitzhenry when I read your post. Kinda the one man game plan. The driving force for Giddings. Don't remember him passing much though.

ogg
11-03-2011, 09:37 PM
You ain't kidding Wimbp Pro and LH was good in '08 as well. LH just ran into wrong team in '08 I guess as they seemed to have the same machine working that year. They had a really good run. Actually, they were pretty darned good in '05 as well but WHS had a man-eater defense that year.

Yes, LH was beat bad in the 08 semi-finals by Celina, something like 40 to 10. Celina was pass/run balanced if I remember right.

Manso/V8
11-03-2011, 09:42 PM
Can't help but think of Brock Fitzhenry when I read your post. Kinda the one man game plan. The driving force for Giddings. Don't remember him passing much though.

Bellville lost to Giddings (Brock Fitzhenry) 21-20 in double overtime in the 2008 D2 Semifinals.
I think Giddings threw only one pass the whole game.

ogg
11-03-2011, 09:47 PM
One could see such a team early in playoff brackets. Last year, the toughest test in Region IV playoff brackets for Wimberley was Cuero in 2nd round. I think that they could have gone on to face Coldspring had they beat us. However, I do not think that there are many teams in Region IV that have offenses that excel in both the running game and the passing game. The teams making noise in Region IV (and I will likely leave some out) that I know about are (in no particular order) Devine, Gonzalez, Hondo, and West Columbia. I am sure there are some others. I do not know much about the teams from Corpus area and Valley. I understand that Devine is primarily an excellent running team. I do not know about Gonzalez. Hondo is more balanced I think but lost to a 5-4 Somerset team. I am also not sure if any of those teams will go D I. Wimberley is D II all the way.

Who else out there going D II is looking to have strong playoff run? Are they a balanced offensive squad?
Ingleside is like 60/40 percent. The Texans may meet them in the playoffs.

gold_33
11-03-2011, 09:50 PM
I expect to see a lot more of Smith on offense in this game, dont want to get Wilson beat up before playoffs and Smith needs to get reps on O and if he gets going then look out. Should have a couple other guys return this week so that helps us out, dont see Boerne pulling the upset. Guys will be focused and the D should be strong with a couple guys back and be able to contain Boerne's QB. Think we are hitting our stride right now and starting to play our best ball so Boerne will be in for a rough night.

Tejastrue
11-03-2011, 10:30 PM

Yeah, it was all about the run for that dude...

Forgot to mention when I looked back at Amick's stats from last year they were very similar to now...he also spreads the ball around to 4-5 different receivers... I noticed one big difference from last year were the 12 ints for 10 games as opposed to 2 so far this year....major improvement...would not be opposed for us to raise that total to around 5 or so tomorrow night...just sayin...:)

lbjacj
11-04-2011, 09:09 AM
Wimberley is on this video around the 1 min. mark
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coJnN3tVT2I&feature=share

Tejastrue
11-04-2011, 03:33 PM
A little Boerne pre-game

http://www.boernestar.com/sports/article_63339b9a-0717-11e1-816e-001cc4c03286.html

Roughneck93
11-04-2011, 03:34 PM
Texans by 17.

fourbeee
11-04-2011, 07:21 PM
Wimberley7
Boerne 0

gold_33
11-04-2011, 08:29 PM
Getting ugly...Texans 35 Boerne 3 at half.

Apache91
11-04-2011, 09:29 PM
49-10 with 5mins left.

rb585
11-04-2011, 10:19 PM
Can't play much better than that 1st half.

Taylor rallied but lost 58-50, so they're next. I heard Bastrop as the potential site. Can anyone confirm?

lbjacj
11-04-2011, 10:58 PM
Can't play much better than that 1st half.

Taylor rallied but lost 58-50, so they're next. I heard Bastrop as the potential site. Can anyone confirm?

First playoff game in Marble Falls against the Taylor Ducks on Friday

Tejastrue
11-04-2011, 10:59 PM
Was it just me or was Boerne about the ugliest offense we've seen all year. Maybe we just made it look that way... I realize it is a spread offense but geez...Amick is a talent but it seems they need to mix it up a bit... I think he handled the ball on 99% of the plays... he could use a true rb or two...

lbjacj
11-04-2011, 11:05 PM
Was it just me or was Boerne about the ugliest offense we've seen all year. Maybe we just made it look that way... I realize it is a spread offense but geez...Amick is a talent but it seems they need to mix it up a bit... I think he handled the ball on 99% of the plays... he could use a true rb or two...

One trick pony. I don't think he handed the ball off all night. They will be one and done in playoffs.

lbjacj
11-04-2011, 11:09 PM

Did you notice the celebrety in the stands tonight? Nancy McKeon (Jo in "The Facts of Life") sat across the aisle from me. Her daughter was in the Cutie camp.

holcomb2012
11-04-2011, 11:18 PM
How do yall think Lampasas will match up with Boerne? I know Wimberley will beat Taylor by 50+

Tejastrue
11-04-2011, 11:39 PM
One trick pony. I don't think he handed the ball off all night. They will be one and done in playoffs.

I think you're right..I'm feeling the pain for Canyon Lake right now...

Tejastrue
11-04-2011, 11:49 PM
Did you notice the celebrety in the stands tonight? Nancy McKeon (Jo in "The Facts of Life") sat across the aisle from me. Her daughter was in the Cutie camp.

I know who she is but would not have been able to pick her out..unless she looked like she did in the 80's

Tejastrue
11-05-2011, 12:03 AM
I think you're right..I'm feeling the pain for Canyon Lake right now...

Okay...now that I look at the stats for this game they were outrageous...not much defense...

Canyon Lake

Bandera

Total yards

First downs

Rushes/Yds

36/477

33/277

Average rush

Comp/Atts

12/21/1

18/31/1

Pass yards

Comp pct

Punts

Punting Yards

Punting Average

Fumbles/Lost

0/0

2/1

Penalties-yards

7-15

8-90

bulldog82
11-05-2011, 12:38 AM
Check out the penalty yards. CL had that one ref in their pocket! BND lost ball on downs twice , one on 5, other at 18. Once CL was up 55 and still pulling the fake punt, really!

lbjacj
11-05-2011, 08:32 AM
Check out the penalty yards. CL had that one ref in their pocket! BND lost ball on downs twice , one on 5, other at 18. Once CL was up 55 and still pulling the fake punt, really!

How can you have 7 penalties for only 15 yards?

rb585
11-05-2011, 08:37 AM

Hah! I had heard that if we played LH, it would be in Bastrop. If we play Taylor, it would be in Marble Falls. I thought, "That's backwards."

wimbo_pro
11-05-2011, 09:15 AM

Never beat a duck before. I have choked a chicken once or twice (in college)...but never beat a duck. This will be new.

Sportshack
11-05-2011, 09:20 AM
Never beat a duck before. I have choked a chicken once or twice (in college)...but never beat a duck. This will be new.

Oyyyy!!!! Wimbo Pro...one never knows what will pop up on your posts! You my friend are one big Fat Quacker!!!!

wimbo_pro
11-05-2011, 09:23 AM
Oyyyy!!!! Wimbo Pro...one never knows what will pop up on your posts! You my friend are one big Fat Quacker!!!!

Hey...if you aren't having fun, go home! Even if you poke fun at yourself once in a while!!!

Sportshack
11-05-2011, 09:28 AM
Hey...if you aren't having fun, go home! Even if you poke fun at yourself once in a while!!!

Just kidding around!! I loved it!!

Gone Fishing
11-05-2011, 09:32 AM

How do yall think Lampasas will match up with Boerne? I know Wimberley will beat Taylor by 50+

I Think Wimberley is very very very good. Hitting on all cylinders at the right time, Hurt players getting back at the right time, depth everywhere, A lot of players stepping up as needed. I am impressed by the players and the coaches. This is a large school program in a 3A school body! Credit goes to Nelms and the entire program set in place over a long period time.

IMO Boerne and Navarro will be one and done. I dont know much about Lampasas but if ya'll have some players on D and a good scheme you will stop thier QB. He must be better than he was against Wimberley, becaues his numbers say so, but it is a shame he didn't get to play in a real offense and show his true talent he may have. It was just too easy to shut him down, then there is nothing else for them to do. "one trick pony" for sure and he did'nt hand off one time!

LHPfactory
11-05-2011, 10:05 AM
Lampasas is athletic and fast, they should do well against boerne

Sportshack
11-05-2011, 10:13 AM
I Think Wimberley is very very very good. Hitting on all cylinders at the right time, Hurt players getting back at the right time, depth everywhere, A lot of players stepping up as needed. I am impressed by the players and the coaches. This is a large school program in a 3A school body! Credit goes to Nelms and the entire program set in place over a long period time.

IMO Boerne and Navarro will be one and done. I dont know much about Lampasas but if ya'll have some players on D and a good scheme you will stop thier QB. He must be better than he was against Wimberley, becaues his numbers say so, but it is a shame he didn't get to play in a real offense and show his true talent he may have. It was just too easy to shut him down, then there is nothing else for them to do. "one trick pony" for sure and he did'nt hand off one time!

Oh contrare GF...please pay closer attention to game...Boerne Qb did hand off ONE time!!!! :wave: Strange offense to be sure...I expected more out of them. The WHS secondary just kept receivers in front and really hit them hard when they did come up with ball. Jones, Davis, Holliman, Smith and Rainwater did a job as did rest of defense. The hitting was impressive by Code Red!

Sportshack
11-05-2011, 10:22 AM
TAylor has put up over 50 points in last couple of games. Put up 50 in a losing effort to Lampasas who has been described as an athletic and physical team. Texans needs to take Ducks seriously...that said they also gave up 58 to Lampasas and that does not bode well for game against Texans.

wimbo_pro
11-05-2011, 10:29 AM
TAylor has put up over 50 points in last couple of games. Put up 50 in a losing effort to Lampasas who has been described as an athletic and physical team. Texans needs to take Ducks seriously...that said they also gave up 58 to Lampasas and that does not bode well for game against Texans.

We need to take them ALL seriously, no doubt. One at a time. With this said...and taking Taylor seriously...we should dominate them completely.

LHPfactory
11-05-2011, 10:58 AM
Taylor opened up district and was beat badly against LH, however, they have caught a stride lately. Don't think they will be able to hang with wimberley if though.

wimbo_pro
11-05-2011, 11:00 AM
Taylor opened up district and was beat badly against LH, however, they have caught a stride lately. Don't think they will be able to hang with wimberley if though.

Thanks for the input LHPfactory. How do things look for LH?

Tejastrue
11-05-2011, 11:01 AM
Injury update?? I saw Guidry come up a little gimpy right before the half. Will Blakemore be back this week?

wimbo_pro
11-05-2011, 11:08 AM
Injury update?? I saw Guidry come up a little gimpy right before the half. Will Blakemore be back this week?

Haven't heard anything.

Tejastrue
11-05-2011, 11:47 AM
Haven't heard anything.

They had to help Guidry walk to the clubhouse at halftime. Appeared to be the knee. He did not play in the 2nd half and had an ice bag in his hand but was walking around later and looked okay. Hopefully something minor.

wimbo_pro
11-05-2011, 11:48 AM
They had to help Guidry walk to the clubhouse at halftime. Appeared to be the knee. He did not play in the 2nd half and had an ice bag in his hand but was walking around later and looked okay. Hopefully something minor.

Good to hear.

Gone Fishing
11-05-2011, 12:48 PM

and looking at the mighty Ducks record and schedule doesnt maybe say too much for Lampasas either. Hell maybe Boerne does have a chance? I believe we take everybody seriously, Dont think that will ever be a prob with Texans.

Sportshack
11-05-2011, 04:00 PM

Also saw Fonville sitting most of 2nd half way off to the side. Looked dejected. Not sure Blakemore will make it back this week. I believe Alana could but we will see. They could well hold him out again if game going ok. Also they worked on Smith's foot or ankle a long time. But he put his shoe back on and was walking around. Did not play anymore. Guidry was walking around with a limp.

Tejastrue
11-05-2011, 04:59 PM
Also saw Fonville sitting most of 2nd half way off to the side. Looked dejected. Not sure Blakemore will make it back this week. I believe Alana could but we will see. They could well hold him out again if game going ok. Also they worked on Smith's foot or ankle a long time. But he put his shoe back on and was walking around. Did not play anymore. Guidry was walking around with a limp.

Yeah I saw that with Fonville...he had that "my dog died" body language...think maybe Smith was finished for the night and they pulled the wrap on his foot/ankle...at least that's how I'm gonna look at it...positive, positive, gotta think positive...

lbjacj
11-05-2011, 05:32 PM
Yeah I saw that with Fonville...he had that "my dog died" body language...think maybe Smith was finished for the night and they pulled the wrap on his foot/ankle...at least that's how I'm gonna look at it...positive, positive, gotta think positive...
I saw Dennis limping a little(But trying hard not to)right before they put him on the table.Looked like an ankle maybe?

LHPfactory
11-05-2011, 05:51 PM
Thanks for the input LHPfactory. How do things look for LH?

This group is getting better each week. They could have Hung 80 on. Burnet last night. If they play to their potential we might see you guys at the region 4 final. But for now one game at. Time.

Wimberley will beat Taylor but I must say that something with that team has clicked, I'm sure Nelms wont look past em .

wimbo_pro
11-05-2011, 06:49 PM
This group is getting better each week. They could have Hung 80 on. Burnet last night. If they play to their potential we might see you guys at the region 4 final. But for now one game at. Time.

Wimberley will beat Taylor but I must say that something with that team has clicked, I'm sure Nelms wont look past em .

The coaches will not look past them. I am confident that we will rack up a decisive victory over them...but what do I know, right?

Glad to hear LH is in the hunt. We would LOVE to have a rubber match against LH. You won the last 3...we won the 3 before. It's time to take the best-of-seven!

LHPfactory
11-05-2011, 07:15 PM
The coaches will not look past them. I am confident that we will rack up a decisive victory over them...but what do I know, right?

Glad to hear LH is in the hunt. We would LOVE to have a rubber match against LH. You won the last 3...we won the 3 before. It's time to take the best-of-seven!

That would be a good rivalry play off game, and best of all we could play in Austin. But we have to get there first.

wimbo_pro
11-05-2011, 07:16 PM
That would be a good rivalry play off game, and best of all we could play in Austin.

Nope...in Kyle.

LHPfactory
11-05-2011, 07:18 PM
Nope...in Kyle.

What ? I was thinking the palace on parmer or Bible stadium in Leander, yeah they just remodeled Bible

Sportshack
11-06-2011, 10:31 AM
That would be a good rivalry play off game, and best of all we could play in Austin. But we have to get there first.

I think that your bracket sets up pretty well for you to make the region IV championship game.

wimbo_pro
11-06-2011, 10:34 AM
What ? I was thinking the palace on parmer or Bible stadium in Leander, yeah they just remodeled Bible

LOL...listen to us...you can just hear the prayers of "pllleeeease let this game happen!!"....LOL

Tejastrue
11-06-2011, 01:44 PM
Just thinking about the Boerne game and that 47 yd FG their kicker hit late in the 1st half. Not only was it long enough but the trajectory was so high it reminded me of a Ray Guy punt...(exaggerating of course but you get the picture)..It was the first time I can remember fans from both sides applauding a play...kinda cool...:clap:

wimbo_pro
11-06-2011, 01:49 PM
Just thinking about the Boerne game and that 47 yd FG their kicker hit late in the 1st half. Not only was it long enough but the trajectory was so high it reminded me of a Ray Guy punt...(exaggerating of course but you get the picture)..It was the first time I can remember fans from both sides applauding a play...kinda cool...:clap:

Pro-quality kick.