PDA

View Full Version : Sam Houston (7-2) @ Yoakum (6-3)

YTBulldogs
10-30-2011, 10:21 AM
Winner is in, loser stays home

warpath
10-30-2011, 12:09 PM
Sam looked strong yesterday

Snotbubbles
10-30-2011, 12:12 PM
Got our "Swag Back" over those turkeys. They laid down against us, un-Gobler like. Time to take our city-brand ball back to the sticks (Yoakum) and move on into the playoffs. Should be able to pick our score here. Bulldogs can't pop us like GZ and LV did.

YTBulldogs
10-30-2011, 12:34 PM
Bring the city style to us Snot. The Cane SWAG will not intimidate us. We'll be relentless and keep it coming. After a 2-8 year, last year -- no one gave us a chance this year. We want it badly. Good luck, and when you pass Gonzales coming to Yoakum, remember what those country boys did to ya. I'll take sticks over city any day. Game on!!!!!!!!

fire_it_up
10-30-2011, 12:43 PM
I'm so torn. I've seen both teams not play very well but then heard about them playing well against others. I think it will come down to heart and who wants it more. Both teams have a tendency to lose steam when down. I think it will come down to who scores first. Snot bubbles, don't be knocking boys from the sticks!

Gontex
10-30-2011, 01:09 PM
Got our "Swag Back" over those turkeys. They laid down against us, un-Gobler like. Time to take our city-brand ball back to the sticks (Yoakum) and move on into the playoffs. Should be able to pick our score here. Bulldogs can't pop us like GZ and LV did.

OOH, Snotty, not the thing to be saying on a public forum like this. Dawgs are very capable of putting you down if you are not careful. With a playoff spot on the line, you better be ready to play some football when you get to Yoaku..

YTBulldogs
10-30-2011, 02:55 PM
If we play Dog Ball, and don't get caught up in the SH tactics of mouthing off and their throat slashing signs and just use our quickness, and make first contact tackles, we'll be ok. Let them get success early, the more gestures, mouthing your gonna receive.

holcomb2012
10-30-2011, 05:12 PM
Bring the city style to us Snot. The Cane SWAG will not intimidate us. We'll be relentless and keep it coming. After a 2-8 year, last year -- no one gave us a chance this year. We want it badly. Good luck, and when you pass Gonzales coming to Yoakum, remember what those country boys did to ya. I'll take sticks over city any day. Game on!!!!!!!!

We feel the same way. No one gave Lampasas a chance this year and we upset Burnet and Liberty Hill and clinched a share of the division title for the first time since 1989 with an 8-1 record. I'm going with Yoakum

YTBulldogs
10-30-2011, 07:33 PM
Midnight oil burning bright at the Bulldog Field House I see. Staff got in late from Cuero/SH game in San Antonio yesterday, broke film down till the wee hours, and back for another all nighter it appears. It's great having a playoff chance with one game to go. Entire town is fired up Bulldogs. Shock the world boys!!!!

gobbler grad
10-30-2011, 07:39 PM
Dawgs Win!

holcomb2012
10-30-2011, 08:59 PM
Is Cuero out of playoff contention?

LV_Bearfan
10-30-2011, 10:19 PM
Cuero is not out of playoff contention, but they are not in control. They must beat Gonzales, and La Vernia must lose to Pleasanton for them to get in.

Gontex
10-31-2011, 07:01 AM
Cuero is not out of playoff contention, but they are not in control. They must beat Gonzales, and La Vernia must lose to Pleasanton for them to get in.

I can't see Pleasanton beating LV, but the old football takes some funny bounces sometimes. That's why they play the game. If everything was played on paper, you could just mail in the results, but you have to do it on the field.

YTBulldogs
10-31-2011, 11:02 AM
I can't see Pleasanton beating LV, but the old football takes some funny bounces sometimes. That's why they play the game. If everything was played on paper, you could just mail in the results, but you have to do it on the field.

You got that right Gontex. Motivated kids can do great things. Comes down to who want's it most.

BigGreen61
10-31-2011, 05:23 PM
Sam looked strong yesterday

I Agree a 100% SH will take this one hands down & no disrespect to my nabors but you can scout all you want & stayup all night but the kids got to play the game. with SH AN YKM you never no what team is going to showup

YTBulldogs
10-31-2011, 06:40 PM
I Agree a 100% SH will take this one hands down & no disrespect to my nabors but you can scout all you want & stayup all night but the kids got to play the game. with SH AN YKM you never no what team is going to showup

Want a chance to get your dinner back I won from ya in the Cuero/Ykm game Clem?

And, if you claim it depends with SH or Ykm team will show up to determine the winner, how can ya state SH takes it hands down? Come on Clem, take my bet. Yoakum want's this on bad for all the "in the sticks" towns.

underware
11-01-2011, 08:11 AM
Yoakum wins....that is all

YTBulldogs
11-02-2011, 08:25 AM
Key will be our quickness on the lines and not allow SH big's to control it. SH linemen stand up at the snap and really take themselves out of position. Our second wave of defense better come up and smack the ball carriers like GZ/LV did when they polked their head between the tackles. GZ safety's did a awesome job of making them pay. Paramount is to limit big plays, cause I don't see SH being able to drive the ball on sustained drives without shooting themselves in the foot. They thrive on scoring from 60, 70+ out, in a few plays. More they have to drive, the "big's" begin to tire out. SH depth not there.

It will be a war and Yoakum better be prepared for 48 minutes worth of getting after it every play.

Snotbubbles
11-02-2011, 09:38 AM
Key will be our quickness on the lines and not allow SH big's to control it. SH linemen stand up at the snap and really take themselves out of position. Our second wave of defense better come up and smack the ball carriers like GZ/LV did when they polked their head between the tackles. GZ safety's did a awesome job of making them pay. Paramount is to limit big plays, cause I don't see SH being able to drive the ball on sustained drives without shooting themselves in the foot. They thrive on scoring from 60, 70+ out, in a few plays. More they have to drive, the "big's" begin to tire out. SH depth not there.

It will be a war and Yoakum better be prepared for 48 minutes worth of getting after it every play.

YT, Yoakum don't have what Gonzo had though, "heart". When we played those Apaches, they wanted it worse than we did and they just hammered us. Can't see those Bulldogs putting up that type of determination and refuse to lose a big game. Bulldogs will be out of it by half, and fold like Cuero did in 2nd half.

SH's biggest concern about Yoakum is, where to eat after the game. DQ or Sonic? Get your popcorn ready. I see a Refugio type drumming here. :1popcorn:

YTBulldogs
11-02-2011, 09:48 AM
Now I see where the Cane players get it from. Kinda cocky for someone who has lost 2 of last three I believe? Anyways, have a safe trip to the sticks Snotty. Hope you like your chicken strip basket at the Yoakum DQ after the game.:)

Snotbubbles
11-02-2011, 10:58 AM
Now I see where the Cane players get it from. Kinda cocky for someone who has lost 2 of last three I believe? Anyways, have a safe trip to the sticks Snotty. Hope you like your chicken strip basket at the Yoakum DQ after the game.:)

True that YT. We did lose two of last three. But, Cuero helped us get our SWAG back and now we are prepared for a playoff run. Just in time. Guess you might say, "Canes will be swagging the Dog's tail". LOL!!!!!!!!!!! It's all good YT. Dog's can lace up the basketball high-tops a bit sooner. :p Go Canes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Snotbubbles
11-02-2011, 11:25 AM
The following Sam Houston leaders made it clear this weekend. Nothing will stop them till they win state now.

#5 Jackson
#2 McBride
#1 Reed IV
#71 Green
#90 Magee

Let #66 of the Bulldogs know, once he picks himself up from the turf, after being drove back 15 yards, the play will be 30 yards downfield or in the endzone. Last year at the Rock Pile, he looked like 7th grade bowling ball trying to go up against our line. Our line is even bigger this year.

YTBulldogs
11-02-2011, 11:31 AM
Yes, your line is massive. I'm sure Willie can handle himself against it and I assure you he will appreciate your kind thoughts.:eek:

The entire team remembers what happened last year, and that's when they set their goals for this season.

fire_it_up
11-02-2011, 01:49 PM
Snotbubbles....state? Maybe you guys should try taking it one game at a time?

YTBulldogs
11-02-2011, 01:54 PM
Snotbubbles....state? Maybe you guys should try taking it one game at a time?

LOL fire_it_up. Let him flap his jaws.

Lombardi
11-02-2011, 01:57 PM
they are bigger and worse than last year... They had a whopping 17 yards rushing against Gonzo.. They are horrible!!!
The following Sam Houston leaders made it clear this weekend. Nothing will stop them till they win state now.

#5 Jackson
#2 McBride
#1 Reed IV
#71 Green
#90 Magee

Let #66 of the Bulldogs know, once he picks himself up from the turf, after being drove back 15 yards, the play will be 30 yards downfield or in the endzone. Last year at the Rock Pile, he looked like 7th grade bowling ball trying to go up against our line. Our line is even bigger this year.

fire_it_up
11-02-2011, 02:29 PM
Why would pounding an off year Gobbler team give you the right to start talking trash again? Now I remember why it felt soooo good to have our boys pound Sam....TOO MUCH BARK and not enough bite! Watch out Snot, the Apaches learned quickly that the bigger they are, the harder they fall. I hope someone got them into better shape and taught them some discipline since we've played them if they're gonna win state.

BearFan1
11-02-2011, 03:26 PM
If yoakums D can withstand they can do it, otherwise SH 28-0

LV_Bearfan
11-02-2011, 07:14 PM

#5 Jackson
#2 McBride
#1 Reed IV
#71 Green
#90 Magee

All this means is that they'll fold on themselves like a cheap lawn chair if this one is close at the half.

SHSBulldog00
11-02-2011, 09:57 PM
I'm going with the Hurricanes. A loss would be catastrophic.

Snotbubbles
11-03-2011, 02:36 PM
Sam Houston seniors are better and more determined then Yoakum's.

After a few pounding plays, Pup's become soft and try to avoid contact. They can't take repeating pounding. I seen it first hand in the Gonzales game.

Yoakum is lucky to even have a thought of a playoff really.

YTBulldogs
11-03-2011, 02:41 PM
Sam Houston seniors are better and more determined then Yoakum's.

After a few pounding plays, Pup's become soft and try to avoid contact. They can't take repeating pounding. I seen it first hand in the Gonzales game.

Yoakum is lucky to even have a thought of a playoff really.

Ya'll have some talented seniors Snot. But, I assure you, my Dogs have developed and come a long way since Gonzales. They will be prepared for the 48 minute WAR!!!! Now, more than ever I might add. Thanks.

Snotbubbles
11-03-2011, 02:43 PM
Dream on YT. Who does SH have next week in round 1 anyways?

buff4ever
11-03-2011, 02:48 PM
Oh Snot, you get excited after beating a Cuero team that is down, and on top of that didn't show up that Sat. Yoakum boys will give you all you want, I am not calling a victory for either in this one. Basketballs are bouncing and whether you like it or not, some of those SH boys are getting the itch.

Snotbubbles
11-03-2011, 02:50 PM
Oh Snot, you get excited after beating a Cuero team that is down, and on top of that didn't show up that Sat. Yoakum boys will give you all you want, I am not calling a victory for either in this one. Basketballs are bouncing and whether you like it or not, some of those SH boys are getting the itch.

State in football first for the Canes. Then a bball one too. Yoakum can hit the gym Sat morning.

Sportshack
11-03-2011, 05:57 PM
We feel the same way. No one gave Lampasas a chance this year and we upset Burnet and Liberty Hill and clinched a share of the division title for the first time since 1989 with an 8-1 record. I'm going with Yoakum

LOL...Lampasas is the biggest school in the district and recently dropped down from 4-A...why wouldn't they be in the mix? :)

bag-o-chips
11-03-2011, 07:59 PM
Dream on YT. Who does SH have next week in round 1 anyways?

Does it really matter? Because if it is L Hill or Navarro in the second round SH will never find the ball!! Coach Green has no clue aginst the Slot - T! They are still looking for the ball from the Navarro game last year and all the taunting in the world will never change that!

wimbo_pro
11-03-2011, 08:27 PM
All of you need to just hush up...Wimberley will smash you both with just a look!!!LOL

holcomb2012
11-03-2011, 08:34 PM
LOL...Lampasas is the biggest school in the district and recently dropped down from 4-A...why wouldn't they be in the mix? :)

Because not making the playoffs in 3-A last year led many people to believe that we didn't have much. Not many picked us to beat Burnet or Liberty Hill and even some people thought Salado would beat us.

bag-o-chips
11-03-2011, 08:41 PM
All of you need to just hush up...Wimberley will smash you both with just a look!!!LOL

I agree ya'll are that good! Anymore move-ins slated for next year?:wave:

Pudlugger
11-04-2011, 07:54 AM
Yoakum wins. Too much tradition for the Canes to compete.

underware
11-04-2011, 10:05 AM
Yoakum wins. Too much tradition for the Canes to compete.

I agree.

warhorsejoe
11-04-2011, 12:56 PM
pulling for a BULLDOG win. Just for today. I've seen SH play this year and they did not intimidate me. If we get them next week we'll put them out of the race.

29-3aFAN
11-04-2011, 01:46 PM
Yoakum will win!!

BigGreen61
11-04-2011, 03:57 PM
Yoakum will win!!

wake up out of ur dream. when was the last YKM made the playoff? YT NO BET LR just grinding to get my boy to the nexts level nuff said!!!!!

LV_Bearfan
11-04-2011, 07:22 PM
wake up out of ur dream. when was the last YKM made the playoff? YT NO BET LR just grinding to get my boy to the nexts level nuff said!!!!!

What? Please translate.

gobbler grad
11-04-2011, 08:06 PM
any updates?????????

sotex
11-04-2011, 08:24 PM
Sam Houston 13
Yoakum 0
2nd qtr
according to sasports

sotex
11-04-2011, 08:54 PM
SH 19
Yoakum 6
half

Apache91
11-04-2011, 09:57 PM
Score?

LV_Bearfan
11-04-2011, 10:23 PM
SH 31
YT 12
4th Qtr.

bigcat8
11-05-2011, 07:29 AM
RELENTLESS---sounds like a great thump thump battle cry. Lol

Gontex
11-05-2011, 07:54 AM
Congratulations to the Dawgs on a great season. You ended Cuero's 42 game district win streak and accomplished several other goals you set out to achieve. You were in it right up to the end and that says a lot about you. You are competing against teams that have as many as twice as many students in their schools as you have. Looking forward to competing against you again next year.

fire_it_up
11-05-2011, 08:15 AM
Dawgs, we were in your exact spot last year. Came in 4th and missed making the playoffs, now look at us this year. Your boys need to keep their chins up and decide right now that next year will be different. Good luck to you in all your other sports.

YTBulldogs
11-05-2011, 08:18 AM
Congratulations to the Dawgs on a great season. You ended Cuero's 42 game district win streak and accomplished several other goals you set out to achieve. You were in it right up to the end and that says a lot about you. You are competing against teams that have as many as twice as many students in their schools as you have. Looking forward to competing against you again next year.

Congrats to the Hurricanes. Good luck in the playoffs.

Gontex, thanks for the kind words. Yes, I'm very proud of the Dogs. Picked last or next to last, these boy's overcame and did some great things. Yes, we wanted the playoffs, but--didn't happen. They gave full effort and that's all you can ask.

Went from 2-8 to 6-4, they made great strides. We look for even better things next few years. Successful undefeated freshman team, and a solid group of JV'ers, mix with several returning starters next season. Keep it going guys. You made your community proud.