PDA

View Full Version : Sealy v. Royal

sTxforlife
10-29-2011, 01:19 PM
Lets get it started. Sealy comes off a bye with their last win being 18-13 over a very talented Bellville squad, while Royal comes off a 35-8 loss to that same Bellville team. Although Sealy should be a heavy favorite its always fun to get some other people's thoughts on the game. I say Sealy wins big and gets the backups some pt, Sealy wins 42-7. Who ya got??

Saggy Aggie
10-29-2011, 01:22 PM
Sealy by 200

Roughneck93
10-29-2011, 02:36 PM
Yeah Sealy rolls.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-29-2011, 03:12 PM
Where is the game being played? That could be a big factor.

sTxforlife
10-29-2011, 04:37 PM
In Brookshire

Tejastrue
10-29-2011, 05:13 PM
Sealy by 28

Manso/V8
10-29-2011, 05:37 PM
In Brookshire
Little doubt that Sealy takes this one, but by how much?
The Tigers seem to play up or down to the level of competion.
You know the Tigers better than all of us.
Can they stay up and play well after a strong showing against the Brahmas, after a bye week?
Or, are they gonna slide back a little, be looking past Royal at Navasota, and bump in to the playoffs?
Will Jimmie give the backups substantial pt, or keep the starters in to keep them used to playing close to a whole game.......especially after the preceeding bye week, and the following bye week?

Pudlugger
10-29-2011, 06:46 PM
All good points Manso, but for heaven's sake, Sealy by however much Coach Micheal wants. Brookshire Royal is way down this year and can't hang with an elite team like Sealy.The big game is on November 11.

zebrablue2
10-29-2011, 07:13 PM
Where is the game being played? That could be a big factor.

Both schools use the Hou. chapter! Sealy will bring as many folks as BR has there.

Tigers by 30, and just stay healthy!!!

Manso/V8
10-29-2011, 10:11 PM
All good points Manso, but for heaven's sake, Sealy by however much Coach Micheal wants. Brookshire Royal is way down this year and can't hang with an elite team like Sealy.The big game is on November 11.

I think it is as much as the Sealy players want.
The playoffs are set for Sealy, hard to keep up the intensity in some cases.
I sensed it in the second half of our game last night.

sTxforlife
10-30-2011, 12:39 PM
I think they will be fine. Coach Mitchell usually does a good job of keeping his teams focused on the game right now i dont think they will be looking forward to Navasota

gambler1606
10-30-2011, 05:22 PM
We are gonna open up the "skeeter Cage" so you better bring your OFF with ya!!

Tiger Dad
10-30-2011, 08:30 PM
We are gonna open up the "skeeter Cage" so you better bring your OFF with ya!!You are correct ,there will be lots of mosquitoes.

tiger pride
10-31-2011, 09:30 AM
Sealy - 35
Royal - 20

tiger pride
10-31-2011, 09:35 AM
It will be interesting to see how Jimmy approaches this game. Last yr, in a game that had no affect on the playoff picture, this game cost us two key injuries. We lost Reichardt for the year and Ricky injuried his hand; which made him a nonfactor offensively against Navasota the following week.

SintonFan
10-31-2011, 09:43 AM
Go Tigers!
Sealy by 30.

StangEm
10-31-2011, 10:06 AM
Sealy rolls........big win 56-7.

sTxforlife
10-31-2011, 01:10 PM
It will be interesting to see how Jimmy approaches this game. Last yr, in a game that had no affect on the playoff picture, this game cost us two key injuries. We lost Reichardt for the year and Ricky injuried his hand; which made him a nonfactor offensively against Navasota the following week.
It had no effect on the playoff picture but the district championship was on the line.

teetle
10-31-2011, 01:39 PM
De Tigers will bes winning bys ases muches ases its wants. enough saids. Jimmie gots something ford thems too. Theys hads it before and theys likes it.:ack!::ack!::ack!:

tiger pride
10-31-2011, 03:02 PM
STX
With the format of the playoff picture this day and time, I just don't know if district championships carry as much weight as in the past.

Their are schools each year now that go on to win a state title and did not win their district championship.

In today's game, I believe the head coach has to be wise in how he approaches the last week of regular season, especially if his team has clinched a playoff berth.

I believe BIG picture approach should take precedant over small picture(district title). JMO.

Manso/V8
10-31-2011, 03:38 PM
STX
With the format of the playoff picture this day and time, I just don't know if district championships carry as much weight as in the past.

Their are schools each year now that go on to win a state title and did not win their district championship.

In today's game, I believe the head coach has to be wise in how he approaches the last week of regular season, especially if his team has clinched a playoff berth.

I believe BIG picture approach should take precedant over small picture(district title). JMO.

Sealy takes Royal however they want to play it. Since you had a bye last week, and a week off between this last game and the first round, I would think it would be important to get those starters that are 100% healthy significant playing time.

District Champs may seem like small picture, especially since you have won it the last two years or so(?), but it still is an accomplishment that adds to the story of a storied program.

Stay healthy, finish out the season with a win, and give Navasota more than they can take!

tiger pride
10-31-2011, 03:55 PM
Manso
I can only speak for myself, but last yr, I would have gladly traded that district title for an opportunity to play navasota with those two players being healthy.

This yr, district title is not even in question. I think you have to be healthy for a playoff run. I do not think we get by Navasota this yr, so it is probably a moot point.

I think Navasota will be the best team we play this year; and yes, that includes Wimberly.

sTxforlife
10-31-2011, 09:20 PM
Manso
I can only speak for myself, but last yr, I would have gladly traded that district title for an opportunity to play navasota with those two players being healthy.

This yr, district title is not even in question. I think you have to be healthy for a playoff run. I do not think we get by Navasota this yr, so it is probably a moot point.

I think Navasota will be the best team we play this year; and yes, that includes Wimberly.
Tiger Pride, i agree with you on trading the district championship for those 2 players back, reichardt was by far our best defensive player. This year i agree with you since we have already clinched the district championship. That being said, I do think it is important for Sealy to play this game like they would any other to make sure everything is running smoothly going into the playoffs because like you said Navasota will be one of the best teams we've played. I do, however, think that Sealy will win the game against Navasota. We are much improved since the scrimmage in August, as are they im sure but that is a conversation for next week.

FbCoachB40
11-01-2011, 08:25 AM
Sealy takes Royal however they want to play it. Since you had a bye last week, and a week off between this last game and the first round, I would think it would be important to get those starters that are 100% healthy significant playing time.

District Champs may seem like small picture, especially since you have won it the last two years or so(?), but it still is an accomplishment that adds to the story of a storied program.

Stay healthy, finish out the season with a win, and give Navasota more than they can take!

Why do you keep saying that Sealy gets a week off before playing Navasota?

Sealy would play them next week...Nov. 10, 11, or 12

teetle
11-01-2011, 09:10 AM
:ack!:Jimmie gonna approachs thises game likes any other one. He got something fors Royals. He gonna gives it to thems. Theys gonna likes it . Theys had it before. Jimmie, he knows what he bes doing. :ack!::ack!:

Manso/V8
11-01-2011, 07:14 PM

My mistake. For some reason I had it in my mind that DI started a week later than DivII.
Actually, the DI state championship game is one week earlier than the DII state championship game.

BrainTattoo
11-02-2011, 01:32 PM
I'm not a gambler but I would put my money on the Royal Falcons.

Royal will beat Sealy... this is the year. You have an over-hyped and over-confident Sealy team coming off a bye week against a Royal team who has nothing to play for but the joy of beating a team from Sealy. Never underestimate the heart of the Falcons.

My prediction: 31-28 with Guzman kicking the game-winning field goal late in the 4th. All based on statistics, probabilities, a very complex mathematical formula...and knowing just how badly our Royal Falcons want this game.

wimbo_pro
11-02-2011, 01:34 PM
Wimberley by a whole bunch.

FbCoachB40
11-02-2011, 02:52 PM

Royal will beat Sealy... this is the year. You have an over-hyped and over-confident Sealy team coming off a bye week against a Royal team who has nothing to play for but the joy of beating a team from Sealy. Never underestimate the heart of the Falcons.

My prediction: 31-28 with Guzman kicking the game-winning field goal late in the 4th. All based on statistics, probabilities, a very complex mathematical formula...and knowing just how badly our Royal Falcons want this game.

Let me guess...

Your last name is Guzman?

Bull's-eye
11-02-2011, 03:36 PM

Good thing you don't gamble. :thumbsup:

ogg
11-02-2011, 03:47 PM
Lets get it started. Sealy comes off a bye with their last win being 18-13 over a very talented Bellville squad, while Royal comes off a 35-8 loss to that same Bellville team. Although Sealy should be a heavy favorite its always fun to get some other people's thoughts on the game. I say Sealy wins big and gets the backups some pt, Sealy wins 42-7. Who ya got??

Sealy by 4 tds.

sTxforlife
11-02-2011, 07:38 PM

Im sure u said the same thing last week, Sealy will run away with this game.

Manso/V8
11-02-2011, 08:12 PM
Wimberley by a whole bunch.

Everytime you post I hear harp music.

wimbo_pro
11-02-2011, 08:54 PM
Everytime you post I hear harp music.

With so little smack talk this year...someone has to do it!!!

Manso/V8
11-02-2011, 09:14 PM
With so little smack talk this year...someone has to do it!!!

Think it will heat up during playoffs
I have been holding back, not that I have much to smack about, but it would be fun to get people going.
......or maybe I'll say something about the blown call in the Sealy-Wimberley game last year.

wimbo_pro
11-03-2011, 07:18 AM
Think it will heat up during playoffs
I have been holding back, not that I have much to smack about, but it would be fun to get people going.
......or maybe I'll say something about the blown call in the Sealy-Wimberley game last year.

What blown call? I dont remember a blown call.

BrainTattoo
11-03-2011, 07:44 AM
Let me guess...

Your last name is Guzman?

LOL... absolutely not. :-) Just making my predictions based on what I've seen from the Falcons this year and in previous years. But thanks for giving me a giggle this morning when I logged in. :)

Manso/V8
11-03-2011, 08:21 AM
What blown call? I dont remember a blown call.

Oh really? Allow me to refresh your memory. One of the WHS defenders lined up in the nuetral zone during the first quarter and it wasn't called. I had the chance to review the game from several angles and he was definately offside.

teetle
11-03-2011, 08:52 AM
Lastes year is lastes year. Jimmie gots something for everybodies thie years. Jimmie he knows whats he be doings. He gots it going on. He be successful becauses he wants to bes sucessful. The Tigers rolls withs Jimmie. He gonna leeds thems all de ways. Youls see.:ack!::ack!::ack!:

sTxforlife
11-03-2011, 09:32 AM
Only reason it was even a game last year was because of BW now that he's gone Royal doesnt have a chance, i would like to see yalls defense try to stop RSJ and Davis

Manso/V8
11-03-2011, 10:21 AM
Only reason it was even a game last year was because of BW now that he's gone Royal doesnt have a chance, i would like to see yalls defense try to stop RSJ and Davis

Won't happen.

Renegade
11-03-2011, 01:24 PM

He only had 14 carries that game. Granted yall defense was so bad that he had 288yds rushing. We also had over 500 yds of offense last year against the "Vaunted Tiger Defense". What a joke. Yall really showed out against Navasota while we rolled past Giddings and West Orange Stark.

teetle
11-03-2011, 01:33 PM
Bes carefulls whats yous wishes for. Jimmie mights bes coming. He be having something fors you. Yous wonts likes it. He'll makes yous likes it. :ack!::crazy::eek:

tiger pride
11-03-2011, 01:45 PM
Renegade
I have never seen anyone so proud of going three rounds deep in the playoffs for a couple of years.

Since you are into numbers, here are a few numbers for you:

5 - And no I'm not talking about a $5 footlong from subway. We've got 5.

0 - This is your number. A zero is your hero.

Good luck on Friday. And yes, I agree that it will be a close game.

Renegade
11-03-2011, 02:05 PM
Renegade
I have never seen anyone so proud of going three rounds deep in the playoffs for a couple of years.

Since you are into numbers, here are a few numbers for you:

5 - And no I'm not talking about a $5 footlong from subway. We've got 5.

0 - This is your number. A zero is your hero.

Good luck on Friday. And yes, I agree that it will be a close game.

You are correct on the number of SC. But damn, yall havent been past the 2nd round of the playoffs since 99-00. At somepoint you are going to have to win now.

Crasher
11-03-2011, 02:08 PM
He only had 14 carries that game. Granted yall defense was so bad that he had 288yds rushing. We also had over 500 yds of offense last year against the "Vaunted Tiger Defense". What a joke. Yall really showed out against Navasota while we rolled past Giddings and West Orange Stark.

actually. we had over 600 yards of offense vs sealy last year.. read below..
Brookshire Royal Sealy
Total yards 603 547
First downs 15 12
Rushes/Yds 43/474 31/213
Average rush 11.02 6.87
Comp/Atts 6/17/0 18/30/0
Pass yards 129 334
Comp pct 35.29 60
Punts 4 0
Punting Yards 140 0
Punting Average 35 0
Fumbles/Lost 2/0 0/0
Penalties-yards 11-80 4-30

sTxforlife
11-03-2011, 02:33 PM
You are correct on the number of SC. But damn, yall havent been past the 2nd round of the playoffs since 99-00. At somepoint you are going to have to win now.
you've had 2 good years out of like the past decade and a half, when you can be a consistent playoff team like Sealy then you can talk about success

Renegade
11-03-2011, 02:36 PM
In 98 Royal lost State Game, in 2000's Royal has went very deap in playoffs. Yes we've had some down years but to say we have only had 2 good years is absurd. Look back at the books smart guy, we have went farther than Sealy the last 12 years consistantly. Go eat your chocolate doughnuts.

tiger pride
11-03-2011, 02:52 PM
I think Royal has maybe beat Sealy twice in the past 20 years. I actually think it may only be once, but I am not sure.

The only reason you went three rounds deep in playoffs last year was because division II was weak in our region outside of coldspring.

You can chirp all you want. At the end of the day, we still have scoreboard and trophy case on you.

BTW,when Royal went to state in 98 and 2004(I believe), you were in 2A.

Tiger Dad
11-03-2011, 03:05 PM
In 98 Royal lost State Game, in 2000's Royal has went very deap in playoffs. Yes we've had some down years but to say we have only had 2 good years is absurd. Look back at the books smart guy, we have went farther than Sealy the last 12 years consistantly. Go eat your chocolate doughnuts.

He doesn't want to get chocolate on his state championship ring.

sTxforlife
11-03-2011, 05:44 PM
He doesn't want to get chocolate on his state championship ring.
Exactly, but of course nobody in brookshire would know anything about a state championship. Maybe Renegade would like to see what one looks like??

zebrablue2
11-03-2011, 08:36 PM
Exactly, but of course nobody in brookshire would know anything about a state championship. Maybe Renegade would like to see what one looks like??

maybe 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 or, no wait--- 5!!! Those teams in the 90's were special....

HEMOTOXIC
11-03-2011, 08:49 PM

Funny thing... I was talking to a friend who lives in Navasota. He was under the impression that there was an off week next week as well....

I have no idea where they are getting this from...:crazy:

Crasher
11-04-2011, 08:35 AM

Did you play for the team and get a state championship ring during the 90's? Did you coach the team?
or are you just a fan...talking like you know what its like to have a ring? Claming success for your own, based on the accomplishiments of others?

teetle
11-04-2011, 08:44 AM
Jimmie wills answer alls your questions tonight. He wills shows you what real footballs likes. Yous can gets ready fors basketalls. Jimmie wills see to that. Yous wills gets your Christmas present early. Jimmie gots somethin g for everybody. He that way.:ack!::crazy::ack!:

Renegade
11-04-2011, 09:40 AM
Maybe Renegade already has one of those state championship rings that you speak of.

Tiger Dad
11-04-2011, 10:09 AM
Maybe Renegade already has one of those state championship rings that you speak of.He sure didn't get it in Brookshire !

sTxforlife
11-04-2011, 01:58 PM
Did you play for the team and get a state championship ring during the 90's? Did you coach the team?
or are you just a fan...talking like you know what its like to have a ring? Claming success for your own, based on the accomplishiments of others?
No i was not on one of those teams, no i was not a coach, yes i am a fan, my ring was won last year in powerlifting.

sTxforlife
11-04-2011, 01:58 PM
Maybe Renegade already has one of those state championship rings that you speak of.
If you went to brookshire you sure as hell dont have one

ExScoop
11-04-2011, 02:42 PM
No Contest-Sealy can name their score

tiger pride
11-04-2011, 03:44 PM
FYI
I believe STX set a state record last yr at the state powerlifting meet.

sTxforlife
11-04-2011, 10:47 PM
FYI
I believe STX set a state record last yr at the state powerlifting meet.
Yep all time bench record for 3A, #2 all time with a 550 bench and the record for the total as well 1880

sTxforlife
11-05-2011, 01:42 AM
I think my score was almost spot on too, i predicted a 42-7 win, but instead it was a 41-11 win so i was only off by 5 points