PDA

View Full Version : What now for the Rangers?

orange machine
10-28-2011, 10:43 PM
The obvious thing is get some pitching. CJ is done in Texas and probably just ruined his chances at being a rotation pitcher.

Saggy Aggie
10-28-2011, 10:46 PM
What now? The off-season, of course!

BaseballUmp
10-28-2011, 10:48 PM
Blow up the stadium, fire everyone, throw CJ Wilson in a trunk headed to Mexico, trade them all for the Power Rangers?

bobcat4life
10-28-2011, 10:49 PM
Blow up the stadium, fire everyone, throw CJ Wilson in a trunk headed to Mexico, trade them all for the Power Rangers?
And dont forget the strippers

Tin Cup
10-28-2011, 10:49 PM
I'd trade 3 of our best players for two aces all day every day. Unfortunately in this game, the best offense loses to the best pitcher more than anything else. If we can't pitch, we can't win. I'd love to add a 1stB in the offseason. That position hurts us almost as bad as our RF defense.

I have no doubts the players will do everything they can to get right back here again.

Emerson1
10-28-2011, 10:50 PM
I would not be in an uproar if they really did trade Hamilton for some pitching. The good story doesn't outweigh the fact that he misses a lot of time with injury.

Then again if they had won last night I would want to keep him. I wonder if they think about moving Feliz into the rotation. He isn't Mariana Rivera.

Tin Cup
10-28-2011, 10:53 PM
I would not be in an uproar if they really did trade Hamilton for some pitching. The good story doesn't outweigh the fact that he misses a lot of time with injury.

Then again if they had won last night I would want to keep him. I wonder if they think about moving Feliz into the rotation. He isn't Mariana Rivera.

I have a feeling the Rangers will move some guys we don't want to lose. Maybe a Kinsler or Hamilton or Young for pitching. Who knows. I'd be disappointed to see anyone go but we will never win a WS with this starting rotation.

BaseballUmp
10-28-2011, 10:57 PM
Although they didn't do so well this series, can you name another team that had 5 players with 13+ wins? Phillies all-star staff only had 3

BwdLion73
10-28-2011, 10:59 PM
Coming from someone who use to have a radio under the sheets at night to listen to Astro games when they played West coast teams ... (Doug Radar on third) ... I think the Rangers have been doing pretty good.

Tin Cup
10-28-2011, 11:00 PM
Although they didn't do so well this series, can you name another team that had 5 players with 13+ wins? Phillies all-star staff only had 3

They had a bad playoff! Our offense got us to the world series without question. Bullpen helped get here, then helped us lose it.

Tin Cup
10-28-2011, 11:01 PM
I'd bet everything in my bank account the Phillies win a WS before the Rangers just based on pitching alone. Either way I'd be a winner!

Emerson1
10-29-2011, 08:30 AM
I have a feeling the Rangers will move some guys we don't want to lose. Maybe a Kinsler or Hamilton or Young for pitching. Who knows. I'd be disappointed to see anyone go but we will never win a WS with this starting rotation.
I don't think anyone is going to trade for Young unless you throw in some prospects too. Kinsler and Andrus are probably the two guys I would not want moved. They will only get better. The Rangers window is still wide open. They don't need to trade away the young talent for a shot at one year.

lbjacj
10-29-2011, 08:40 AM
we will never win a WS with this starting rotation.

They were 1 strike from winning it twice. You can't get any closer.

Old Tiger
10-29-2011, 08:42 AM
Let Mark Cuban buy the team.

Txbroadcaster
10-29-2011, 10:18 AM
The Rangers are set up to be a contender for 7-10 years...guys because of age/injury that have a shorter window IMO is Hamilton and Cruz..Hamilton will cost more quicker and I do think they have to discuss trading him

Need a rock steady legit 1b..Moreland ehh..I go after someone

Young at DH I think legit can hit another 5 years with ease

Still have to worry about catcher..Nap was awesome but as of now this war a career year, we dont know if it is the start of the trend to his career or a one year bump

Kins and Andrus need to show more focus day in and day out but the IMO are set and should be.

Beltre proved his worth

Pitching is hard to judge..ALOT of talent coming up..do u try to do like this year and try to throw a bunch of 2-4 guys and hope some of the youth coming up shine?

I dont think Feliz is a starter..he still only has a FB no real secondary pitch and nothing close to a third pitch..yes he struggled all year and in WS, but we have to remember the age of him and Hollans..alot of tread on those tires..dont let heat of the moment make you think he cant do the job.

Speaking of Holland..this might be the series that propels him into the ace roll..he has the stuff, now the mental side needs to catch up

One other thing..FIX THE BENCH...of course Nap was supposed to be a role player but got hot

AP Panther Fan
10-29-2011, 11:01 AM
A little off-topic but I think (at least) games 6 & 7 should be played at a neutral site each year (much like the Superbowl).

The Rangers should have won game 6 and not had the opportunity to implode during 7. I am still disappointed. While watching the post game awards though, you couldn't help but feel good for those Cardinal players. It was strange watching the normally straight-faced Tony LaRussa finally cut loose after the win and smile. He is a rather strange fella.

Pendragon13
10-29-2011, 11:09 AM
Blow up the stadium, fire everyone, throw CJ Wilson in a trunk headed to Mexico, trade them all for the Power Rangers?^^ This
The Rangers have been dissapointing me since the early 90's when I started following them.:mad:

Tin Cup
10-29-2011, 11:20 AM
We need an ace more than anything else. Not so much in the regular season because our hitting can blow up average MLB starters. I'm talking playoff ace. If Derek Holland and Colby Lewis are the best starters we have, we will never beat rotations like the Phillies or Giants in the postseason. I'm not bashing, it's just fact that we've been outpitched 2 straight years. One strike away is still one strike away. They don't give rings for 26 2/3 outs.

Tin Cup
10-29-2011, 11:28 AM
Saw this list of possible 2012 free agents. Anybody like any of these names?

Starting Pitchers: * denotes 2012 contract option with current team
Mark Buehrle CWS
Bruce Chen KC
Aaron Cook COL *
Kyle Davies TOR
Ryan Dempster CHC *
Justin Duchscherer OAK
Zach Duke ARI *
Jeff Francis KC
Freddy Garcia NYY
Jon Garland LAD
Aaron Harang SD
Rich Harden OAK
Livan Hernandez WAS
Edwin Jackson STL
Kenshin Kawakami ATL
Scott Kazmir LAA
Hiroki Kuroda LAD
Rodrigo Lopez CHC
Paul Maholm PIT
John Maine COL
Jason Marquis WAS
Kevin Millwood NYY
Scott Olsen PIT *
Roy Oswalt PHI *
Brad Penny DET
Oliver Perez NYM
Joel Pineiro LAA
CC Sabathia NYY (may opt out)
Carlos Silva NYY
Javier Vazquez FLA
Adam Wainwright STL *
Tim Wakefield BOS
Chien-Ming Wang WAS
Brandon Webb ARI
C.J. Wilson TEX
Chris Young NYM

Relief Pitchers
Danys Baez PHI
Miguel Batista STL
Heath Bell SD
Blaine Boyer
Jonathan Broxton LAD
Shawn Camp TOR
Matt Capps MIN
Todd Coffey MIL
Clay Condrey MIN
Francisco Cordero CIN *
Lance Cormier TB
Juan Cruz TB
Octavio Dotel STL *
Kyle Farnsworth TB *
Randy Flores NYY
Frank Francisco TOR
Ryan Franklin STL
Jason Frasor CWS *
Chad Gaudin WAS
Mike Gonzalez TEX
John Grabow CHC
LaTroy Hawkins MIL
Brad Lidge PHI *
Scott Linebrink ATL
Javier Lopez SF
Ryan Madson PHI
Damaso Marte NYY *
Sergio Mitre NYY
Joe Nathan MIN *
Hideki Okajima BOS
Darren Oliver TEX
Jonathan Papelbon BOS
Joel Peralta TB
Chad Qualls SD *
Jon Rauch TOR *
Chris Ray TEX
Dennys Reyes BOS
Arthur Rhodes TEX *
Fernando Rodney LAA
Francisco Rodriguez MIL
George Sherrill ATL
Rafael Soriano NYY (may opt out)
Brian Tallet TOR
Koji Uehara TEX *
Jose Valverde DET
Tyler Walker WAS
Kerry Wood CHC
Jamey Wright SEA
Michael Wuertz OAK
Joel Zumaya DET

Tejastrue
10-29-2011, 11:39 AM
The Rangers are set up to be a contender for 7-10 years...guys because of age/injury that have a shorter window IMO is Hamilton and Cruz..Hamilton will cost more quicker and I do think they have to discuss trading him

Still have to worry about catcher..Nap was awesome but as of now this war a career year, we dont know if it is the start of the trend to his career or a one year bump

Kins and Andrus need to show more focus day in and day out but the IMO are set and should be.

Beltre proved his worth

Pitching is hard to judge..ALOT of talent coming up..do u try to do like this year and try to throw a bunch of 2-4 guys and hope some of the youth coming up shine?

I dont think Feliz is a starter..he still only has a FB no real secondary pitch and nothing close to a third pitch..yes he struggled all year and in WS, but we have to remember the age of him and Hollans..alot of tread on those tires..dont let heat of the moment make you think he cant do the job.

Speaking of Holland..this might be the series that propels him into the ace roll..he has the stuff, now the mental side needs to catch up

One other thing..FIX THE BENCH...of course Nap was supposed to be a role player but got hot

Agree with everything TXB...good analogy....

Tejastrue
10-29-2011, 11:49 AM
^^ This
The Rangers have been dissapointing me since the early 90's when I started following them.:mad:

Add another 20 or so years to that Pend and that's how long I've been suffering but these last two years have been amazing and I've enjoyed the ride. Sad that we had to get off one stop too soon (again) but I look for them to continue the success...enjoyed sharing the comments and jabs with everyone during this post season...For my Rangers, thanks for the highs and yes, the lows...lets do it again real soon..

orange machine
10-29-2011, 11:53 AM
No way do the Rangers trade Hamilton I can't see them doing that. If I Ryan I'm going after CC Sabathia with everything I've got.

Tejastrue
10-29-2011, 12:39 PM
No way do the Rangers trade Hamilton I can't see them doing that. If I Ryan I'm going after CC Sabathia with everything I've got.

I would lean more toward trading Cruz ..he's been just as inury prone as Hamilton but has always been a defensive liability and yet his arm makes one tend to overlook a lot of the miscues... I also would hate to lose Hamilton but as TXB said, you gotta consider the options/offers...

gambler1606
10-29-2011, 12:40 PM
Coming from someone who use to have a radio under the sheets at night to listen to Astro games when they played West coast teams ... (Doug Radar on third) ... I think the Rangers have been doing pretty good. I'm with you BwdLion, atleast the Rangers went to the series. We as Asro fans would be happy with a .500 season!!

yellaseeker
10-29-2011, 10:42 PM
I agree on trading Hamilton for an ace starting pitcher. Although, i also believe that Holland is only gonna get better and is a keeper. I would have put game 7 on his shoulders but that's just M.O. Other than that, I don't see them doing anything but getting better. Im sure if washington could go back to game six, he would have made a few different decisions, seeing the outcome from the bullpen. I personally think that if he had no plans to use Holland in game seven, he should have rode Holland out with the lead in hand. I was pissed when Oganda walked the bases full and then walked the next one in. I really like Washington but, I was more disappointed in the decision making in the last two games than i was about any particular player. Just gotta give it to the Cards, they rose to the occasion. All in all, it was a good series.

Trashman
10-29-2011, 10:58 PM
The Texas Rangers are half way to becoming the Buffalo Bills of the MLB......

Phil C
10-29-2011, 11:06 PM
The League will do everything it can to distroy the team like they did the Marlins after two World Series wins. They want teams that get high world series ratings and unfortunately the Rangers are not it. I even expect them to go after the Cardinals too. The best players on those teams will wind up in big city teams like the Yankees or Los Angeles. Heck they wouldn't let Cuban buy the Rangers because they knew he had money and would go after big time players.

orange machine
10-30-2011, 03:18 AM
I don't see the Rangers trading any of the everyday starters. And trading Cruise would be insane that dude is a machine. I would go after one of the best 5 free agent pitchers and try to sign them then go from there.

Txbroadcaster
10-30-2011, 06:58 AM
I don't see the Rangers trading any of the everyday starters. And trading Cruise would be insane that dude is a machine. I would go after one of the best 5 free agent pitchers and try to sign them then go from there.

There is not one ace on the FA market this year..so why oversign a #2 or #3 type pitcher?

Cruz is locked up until 2014..Hamilton till 2013...Josh has a AL MVP and will cost more but will also prob get more in return in a trade. ..Cruz has a higher chance of staying...And Texas has already shown after last year they will make moves and are not going to keep guys just because they are fan favorites

RMAC
10-30-2011, 10:07 AM
We need an ace more than anything else. Not so much in the regular season because our hitting can blow up average MLB starters. I'm talking playoff ace. If Derek Holland and Colby Lewis are the best starters we have, we will never beat rotations like the Phillies or Giants in the postseason. I'm not bashing, it's just fact that we've been outpitched 2 straight years. One strike away is still one strike away. They don't give rings for 26 2/3 outs.

Haha they damn sure do. Cruz got rung up in the 9th of game one on a ball that clearly hit his foot, and let's not forget Nap tagging out the runner at first in game 3.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-30-2011, 10:24 AM

Beltre proved his worth

One other thing..FIX THE BENCH...of course Nap was supposed to be a role player but got hotRangers are setup to win the American League so yea they'll be in contention for years to come. I would stick with Hamilton for another year, he can still play like a MVP next season but yes the window is near to trade him while he still has value.

Young is still a very good hitter, .300 + bat in the lineup. Rangers could go after Pujol or Fielder from the money they'll save from not resigning CJ Wilson. Rangers young arms are almost to the point where you can have 3 solid starters in Harrison, Ogando and Holland and maybe go after a 2nd or 3rd starter type to fill out the rotation. They will only need a true ace for the playoffs and can maybe go after one at the trading deadline.

Rangers will most likely not have the best record again but come playoff time they're the team the rest of the AL has to try and beat! :)

Txbroadcaster
10-30-2011, 10:43 AM

The Cards have nowhere near the rotation the Giants or Phils have yet won the WS...while having one of those type of rotations would be awesome, it is also not realistic without doing what they did and either break the bank, or trade offense for arms..and all the talk about pitching, you still have to score runs

Holland has the stuff to be a top of line starter..he MIGHT have taken a huge step mentally in the WS..we have to just see.

Emerson1
10-30-2011, 04:31 PM
As much crap as CJ gets, he was the only player who went and greeted the fans who were at the airport when they got back.

Phil C
10-30-2011, 05:02 PM
Even if the league doesn't see that this team is destroyed it is in the mental suffering stage which could last for years. I have seen it happen in the past. The Cowboys of the 60s went into a slump after suffering the Ice Bowl lost in which they could have won and it took a spark in Roger Stauback to melt it a few years later. Look at what happened to the Houston Oilers in the 90s when they blew that big lead to the Bills. And of course since their sweep of the world series we haven't heard much from the Astros. The Mavericks also were in a slump when they lost to the Heat but finally overcame that thanks to the owner Mark Cuban spending the money on getting the right players. Too bad the owners vetoed him to be the Rangers owner for obvious reasons.

Txbroadcaster
10-30-2011, 05:15 PM
Even if the league doesn't see that this team is destroyed it is in the mental suffering stage which could last for years. I have seen it happen in the past. The Cowboys of the 60s went into a slump after suffering the Ice Bowl lost in which they could have won and it took a spark in Roger Stauback to melt it a few years later. Look at what happened to the Houston Oilers in the 90s when they blew that big lead to the Bills. And of course since their sweep of the world series we haven't heard much from the Astros. The Mavericks also were in a slump when they lost to the Heat but finally overcame that thanks to the owner Mark Cuban spending the money on getting the right players. Too bad the owners vetoed him to be the Rangers owner for obvious reasons.

i like Cuban..but ryan and his group have done just fine as the owners of the Rangers..not even owned them officially two years, yet two WS trips

Phil C
10-30-2011, 05:46 PM
i like Cuban..but ryan and his group have done just fine as the owners of the Rangers..not even owned them officially two years, yet two WS trips

Yes but no championships. :(

Emerson1
10-30-2011, 05:53 PM
Mark Cuban wasn't vetoed by the owners...

And the the Mavs had one of the highest payrolls before and after 06...

They have only had the team for 2 years...

Tin Cup
10-30-2011, 05:59 PM
Txb, I'm not saying the Cards had a great starting rotation. I'm saying they had one guy that they could give the ball to in a must win game. We did not and still don't. It is my honest opinion that Holland had a lot more success in game 4 because of who was behind the plate calling balls and strikes. Game 6 & 7 strike zones were extremely tight for both teams and Holland has had his moments struggling with balls and strikes. Our Offense covered our starting pitchers in just about every game in the playoffs. We have to improve this area.

We can win the world series with our current team, but if you're not getting better other teams are passing you.

Emerson1
10-30-2011, 06:31 PM
The Rangers have the best farm system and collection of young players. They aren't being passed up.

Txbroadcaster
10-30-2011, 06:43 PM
Txb, I'm not saying the Cards had a great starting rotation. I'm saying they had one guy that they could give the ball to in a must win game. We did not and still don't. It is my honest opinion that Holland had a lot more success in game 4 because of who was behind the plate calling balls and strikes. Game 6 & 7 strike zones were extremely tight for both teams and Holland has had his moments struggling with balls and strikes. Our Offense covered our starting pitchers in just about every game in the playoffs. We have to improve this area.

We can win the world series with our current team, but if you're not getting better other teams are passing you.

I am all for them improving( and they will)..but dont start doing what Red Sox and Yanks have done and that is add slightly abover average players for money that should only go to the elite.

I like what Daniels said..we will build like a small market franchise then strike as a big market team when we find the players who fit that elite status.

and Texas is now a location players want to come..that is huge.

Sville
10-30-2011, 06:47 PM
First Phil, the Cards-Rangers WS game 7 was the highest rated WS game since 2006 and highest rated WS since 2002. They averaged a 10 on the Nielson rating.

Let CJ walk, he is not going to be worth the money he will command. If CC opts out throw all your eggs in that basket. If no CC Feliz will be moved to the rotation. Why, b/c Nolan thinks he has ace material. "In Nolan We Trust". Then go get a FA closer like Papelbon or Valverde.

All 9 position players are under contract next year. I seriously doubt they do anything to disrupt that. Someone mentioned 1st base. There is only two worth going after Pujols and Fielder. Pujols would be a mistake b/c the back end of his contract is going to be tough to handle when his production starts dropping b/c of age in a few years. Pujols is gonna want 6 or 7 years. Fielder would be an option but his weight brings up injury concerns plus I think the money could be spent better elsewhere. Moreland is more than serviceable with good upside.

Basically let the young talent especially pitching continue to develop and enjoy the next 5-7 years of success.

Phil C
10-30-2011, 06:49 PM
^^ this
the rangers have been dissapointing me since the early 90's when i started following them.:mad:

oh ye of little faith! :(

Txbroadcaster
10-30-2011, 06:49 PM
First Phil, the Cards-Rangers WS game 7 was the highest rated WS game since 2006 and highest rated WS since 2002. They averaged a 10 on the Nielson rating.

Let CJ walk, he is not going to be worth the money he will command. If CC opts out throw all your eggs in that basket. If no CC Feliz will be moved to the rotation. Why, b/c Nolan thinks he has ace material. "In Nolan We Trust". Then go get a FA closer like Papelbon or Valverde.

All 9 position players are under contract next year. I seriously doubt they do anything to disrupt that. Someone mentioned 1st base. There is only two worth going after Pujols and Fielder. Pujols would be a mistake b/c the back end of his contract is going to be tough to handle when his production starts dropping b/c of age in a few years. Pujols is gonna want 6 or 7 years. Fielder would be an option but his weight brings up injury concerns plus I think the money could be spent better elsewhere. Moreland is more than serviceable with good upside.

Basically let the young talent especially pitching continue to develop and enjoy the next 5-7 years of success.

Why do people want CC who melted down as the season wore on in NY..what do you think he will do in the Texas heat?

Feliz has a major league FB no doubt..but he has a little league slider and no change up...tha is not starter make up at all

Tin Cup
10-30-2011, 07:12 PM
People want CC because he's the best pitcher out there. I've heard a player from Japan has been on the Rangers radar plus a top 20 overall farm system left-hander has major upside.

Txbroadcaster
10-30-2011, 07:28 PM
People want CC because he's the best pitcher out there. I've heard a player from Japan has been on the Rangers radar plus a top 20 overall farm system left-hander has major upside.

Yu Darvish is the guy..and he is supposed to be a stud

CC is good, but his weight wears him down..would be x2 in the Texas heat

CC is

Farmersfan
10-31-2011, 08:29 AM
My question might be a little strange but why wouldn't MLB make the teams announce their rotation/lineup for all the following games and hold them to it after a weather delay? How is it acceptable to everyone that the Cards are given such a huge advantage by MLB by allowing Carpenter enough rest to come back and play in game 7? Seems to me that anyone who wasn't scheduled to play in game 7 should not be allowed to play in the game after the delay........ (barring injury of course). I can't help but feel that MLB had a big hand in determining the outcome of this game.....................

Wouldn't it be a lot like a STUD QB who is on the disabled list for a team getting a second chance because the Superbowl is delayed for a week?

Red&White_9x5
10-31-2011, 09:11 AM
My question might be a little strange but why wouldn't MLB make the teams announce their rotation/lineup for all the following games and hold them to it after a weather delay? How is it acceptable to everyone that the Cards are given such a huge advantage by MLB by allowing Carpenter enough rest to come back and play in game 7? Seems to me that anyone who wasn't scheduled to play in game 7 should not be allowed to play in the game after the delay........ (barring injury of course). I can't help but feel that MLB had a big hand in determining the outcome of this game.....................

Wouldn't it be a lot like a STUD QB who is on the disabled list for a team getting a second chance because the Superbowl is delayed for a week?

Nobody is as big of a Rangers fan as me, but the truth of the matter is that the Rangers have no one to blame but themselves. Had they finished the job on Thurday night in game 6 then game 7 with Carpenter on the bump wouldn't have ever happened. To answer your question, I don't think it was unfair that Carpenter got to toe the mound in game 7. The weather delay worked both ways. Had the Rangers wanted to throw CJ up there on the same amount of rest as Carpenter, they could have. Do I wish the weather delay had never happened, yes, but both teams had the same advantage.
By losing game 6, the Rangeers put themself in a bind pitching wise. I knew it would be tough for them to rebound in a game 7. My plan was to watch a little high school football on Friday night and then catch the second half of game 7, but once I heard the score I said screw it, and didn't even bother finding a tv.

Emerson1
10-31-2011, 09:24 AM

smh.

Farmersfan
10-31-2011, 09:25 AM
Nobody is as big of a Rangers fan as me, but the truth of the matter is that the Rangers have no one to blame but themselves. Had they finished the job on Thurday night in game 6 then game 7 with Carpenter on the bump wouldn't have ever happened. To answer your question, I don't think it was unfair that Carpenter got to toe the mound in game 7. The weather delay worked both ways. Had the Rangers wanted to throw CJ up there on the same amount of rest as Carpenter, they could have. Do I wish the weather delay had never happened, yes, but both teams had the same advantage.
By losing game 6, the Rangeers put themself in a bind pitching wise. I knew it would be tough for them to rebound in a game 7. My plan was to watch a little high school football on Friday night and then catch the second half of game 7, but once I heard the score I said screw it, and didn't even bother finding a tv.

Well, see, I have to disagree! I know both teams had equal opportunity to bring in their starter but the delay benefited the team with the best starter. (so happens that was the Cards in this case). But it was a artificially created advantage. What it means is that the probable outcome of the World Series was altered by a subjective call by the MLB representative that decided to postpone the game. I agree the Rangers should have won the Series in game #6 but they didn't and that was decided by their play on the diamond, not a non-playing entity. The odds of the Ranger's winning game #7 was reduced considerable by a decision to delay the game 1 day and allowing Carpenter to pitch. I really don't know how they could prevent this from happening but seems even with a delay the teams could be expected to play the games AS IF there was not a delay in the first place. Just seems a little bit parochial or that it ignores some obvious issues that are allowed to take place as if completely natural. But seems anything but natural to me! Or maybe I'm over-thinking it................................. Naw, Never!

Emerson1
10-31-2011, 09:29 AM
The Ranger's pitchers also had an extra days rest and still allowed 6 runs.

Farmersfan
10-31-2011, 09:29 AM
smh.

Requires a little bit more deep thinking than you are capable of Emerson1....................

Farmersfan
10-31-2011, 09:31 AM
The Ranger's pitchers also had an extra days rest and still allowed 6 runs.

It's very simple.

In your opinion: (if you are capable of being truthful)

Rangers odds of winning game #7 without Carpenter pitching=

Rangers odds of winning game #7 with Carpenter pitching=