PDA

View Full Version : footballgal

Big Tarp 74
07-31-2002, 01:29 PM
footballgal, have not heard from you as of late. Hope you are doing ok. You asked me about why I though Raymondville might be able to come out on top. If Raymondville does manager to win district, it will be due there football program, but yesterday, a friend pulled me aside and informed me that Gabe Pena has taken over the Head Coaching job at Raymondville. I was shocked. I could not beleive what I was hearing. If that is the case, then Raymondville must see something that PI did not, but cant beleive it myself. If you have heard anything regarding this, please let me know.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
07-31-2002, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Big Tarp 74:
footballgal, have not heard from you as of late. Hope you are doing ok. You asked me about why I though Raymondville might be able to come out on top. If Raymondville does manager to win district, it will be due there football program, but yesterday, a friend pulled me aside and informed me that Gabe Pena has taken over the Head Coaching job at Raymondville. I was shocked. I could not beleive what I was hearing. If that is the case, then Raymondville must see something that PI did not, but cant beleive it myself. If you have heard anything regarding this, please let me know.

Pena? A head coach AGAIN??? What the hell was Raymondville thinking??? He's going to treat their players like crap, just like he treated P.I. players like crap when he was there. Now i'm hoping P.I. beats the living hell out of Raymondville. Put "coach" Pena in his place.

Big Tarp 74
07-31-2002, 06:02 PM
I thought you knew! I sill in shock, can not for the life of me understand this move.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
07-31-2002, 06:36 PM
No, I had no clue.......i'm in the enclosed bubble known as Dallas! They don't let ANY news from outside of the "North Texas" area come in. If Pena is true to his head coaching form, the Raymondville Bearkats are going to be so lazy and so out of shape, P.I. will run circles around them.....and maybe a bunch of other 32-3A teams too for that matter.

Big Tarp 74
07-31-2002, 06:52 PM
If I was Raymondville, they better start stocking up on M & M's. That also rememinds me that I better get stock in M & M's.

Originally posted by TarponFanInNorthTexas:
No, I had no clue.......i'm in the enclosed bubble known as Dallas! They don't let ANY news from outside of the "North Texas" area come in. If Pena is true to his head coaching form, the Raymondville Bearkats are going to be so lazy and so out of shape, P.I. will run circles around them.....and maybe a bunch of other 32-3A teams too for that matter.

[This message has been edited by Big Tarp 74 (edited July 31, 2002).]

footballgal
07-31-2002, 07:16 PM
I am OK,have my good days and my bad days.

This is actually good news for the Tarpons and the rest of the district. I am sorry to say but, Pena was just NOT head coach material. I kind of feel bad for Raymonvdille because again most likley Raymond's talent well go to waste with Pena at the helm. This really is news, I wasn't even aware that Raymondville was without a coach. Thanks for the news Big Tarp!

[This message has been edited by footballgal (edited July 31, 2002).]

sinton66
07-31-2002, 07:38 PM
We'll find out pretty quickly what Raymondville has, they play Sinton Aug.30 in Sinton.

Big Tarp 74
07-31-2002, 07:57 PM
I wanted you to check out a website that I have been working on. This sites has lots of graphics as well as music. I felt bad that PI did not have a football web-site. So I made one. The Web address is ( www.bluefever.org (http://www.bluefever.org) ). Please note this site is not done. I will be doing more work on it. I have asked some of the school kids to help me. I will be changing the music to the PI fight song, as soon as someone can get it into a digital format. Please let all the tarpon fans know. I will be going back to the early 1950. I will include pictures. We have some, but we have other players and families helping us out.

Originally posted by footballgal:
I am OK,have my good days and my bad days.

This is actually good news for the Tarpons and the rest of the district. I am sorry to say but, Pena was just NOT head coach material. I kind of feel bad for Raymonvdille because again most likley Raymond's talent well go to waste with Pena at the helm. This really is news, I wasn't even aware that Raymondville was without a coach. Thanks for the news Big Tarp!

[This message has been edited by footballgal (edited July 31, 2002).]

eye of the tiger
07-31-2002, 08:11 PM
Nice job on the web site Big Tarp. Good graphics and content. Thanks for sharing.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
07-31-2002, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by eye of the tiger:
Nice job on the web site Big Tarp. Good graphics and content. Thanks for sharing.

Dang it BigTarp, yer makin' me homesick here! Wish I was there for the TIFT tournament, but the bizarre bazaar will have to do.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
07-31-2002, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by sinton66:
We'll find out pretty quickly what Raymondville has, they play Sinton Aug.30 in Sinton.

With who they have at the helm now....don't worry, Sinton will run circles around Raymondville. Coach Pena is lazy, eats M&Ms all day long, and treats his players like crap. He was the main reason why, from 1997 until 2000, the Tarpons were a mediocre team, AT BEST.

1997 - 2nd place in district, lost to Bishop in bi-dsitrict 56-27 (6-5)
1998 - 3rd place in district, lost to Orange Grove in bi-district 24-13 (if I remember correctly) (5-6)
1999 - Port Isabel did NOT make playoffs (5-5)
2000 - 3rd place in district, lost to Falfurrias in bi-district round. (6-5)

If he can turn a powerhouse into a laughingstock, imagine what he could do with a team who is only so-so? Probably turn 'em into perennial losers. I actually feel sorry for Raymondville now. All that talent is going to be wasted with Coach Pena at the helm.

sinton66
07-31-2002, 10:41 PM
I know what you mean, we had a bad one back when I was in school at Sinton too! Worst excuse for a coach I've ever known. Moral sucked, got beat by teams that hadn't beaten us in 30 years. Took Gary Davenport bringing in the wing T 30 years later to make the kids believe in themselves again. He was and still is a GREAT coach. Where is Pena from?

TarponFanInNorthTexas
07-31-2002, 10:55 PM
I know what you mean, we had a bad one back when I was in school at Sinton too! Worst excuse for a coach I've ever known. Moral sucked, got beat by teams that hadn't beaten us in 30 years. Took Gary Davenport bringing in the wing T 30 years later to make the kids believe in themselves again. He was and still is a GREAT coach. Where is Pena from?

Believe it or not, he is a graduate of Port Isabel High School

TarponFanInNorthTexas
07-31-2002, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by TarponFanInNorthTexas:
Believe it or not, he is a graduate of Port Isabel High School

He was offensive line coach at Brownsville Lopez last year. He graduated from P.I. in 1982 or 83 if I remember correctly. Only reason he even became head coach at P.I. was because his father was the superintendent at the time. Talk about "puro pinche politica"!!!!

sinfan75
08-01-2002, 04:29 AM
Maybe this is place where he will become a winner.Ya just never know!

sinton66
08-01-2002, 07:08 AM
Good point 75, some of 'em do get better when they gotta stand on their own feet. Seen it happen several times.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
08-01-2002, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75:
Maybe this is place where he will become a winner.Ya just never know!

I doubt it. He's pretty set in his lazy ways. It will show in their team.

footballgal
08-01-2002, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Big Tarp 74:
I wanted you to check out a website that I have been working on. This sites has lots of graphics as well as music. I felt bad that PI did not have a football web-site. So I made one. The Web address is ( www.bluefever.org (http://www.bluefever.org) ). Please note this site is not done. I will be doing more work on it. I have asked some of the school kids to help me. I will be changing the music to the PI fight song, as soon as someone can get it into a digital format. Please let all the tarpon fans know. I will be going back to the early 1950. I will include pictures. We have some, but we have other players and families helping us out.

Big Tarp 74 I am jealous only because you beat me to the idea. It looks great! Yeah you're right got to work on the music - I will try to hurry up and finishing burning your CD - have a few good songs. Let me know if you need any help I will be glad to help you out! Again it’s a great start on the website!!

Big Tarp 74
08-01-2002, 05:58 PM
footballgal, I thank you, you are more than welcome to help on this site.

[This message has been edited by Big Tarp 74 (edited August 02, 2002).]

sinton66
08-01-2002, 07:23 PM
BigTarp, is your site a homestead deal?

Big Tarp 74
08-01-2002, 07:51 PM
Not exactly, this site is being hosted by a very fast internet service. The site was developed under frontpage 2000. Graphics, music, some are developed the other are on the net. It not hard to make a website. The hosting will cost you about 25.00 dollars a month. The reason I developed this one was because, the Tarpons did not have one. Not even by the school. I asked the kids to develope one, but they were waiting on the school to setup the website. Many of my friends know me. I have been a computer engineer for about 22 years. I am good at web development, but have very little time, because of my Job. The pictuers are from various sites. All High School teams deserve a site. The only difference with us building the site, is that we can add databases, build video streams, and much much more. I am also needing help with getting digital pictures, digital sound, game stats, and game writeups. I just have not had the time as of late to work on the site. I am in the process of getting school history. This takes time. I hope, I have answered the question.

BigTarp, is your site a homestead deal?

[This message has been edited by Big Tarp 74 (edited August 02, 2002).]

sinton66
08-02-2002, 07:00 AM
Thanks for the info BigTarp, I'm trying to get some other Sinton folks interested in doing a site for the Pirates, and if it comes together, this might be the way to go.
I copied down the number if you want to go back and edit it out. Again, thanks.