PDA

View Full Version : decatur gettin no love!

5wide
10-28-2011, 10:29 PM
Up 64-28 on mineral wells midfle of fourth. Will finish at 10-0 for the 4th time in the last 9 seasons. Yes have been down the past couple of years but things are coming back no doubt. Fresh and jv's are undefeated(maybe wrong on one of those) and have good youth coming up. District Champs again and have had starters pulled in second half during most contests. Looking forward to the playoffs for sure!

BaseballUmp
10-28-2011, 10:39 PM
Don't hurt having 4 teams on the schedule with 1 win or less

5wide
10-28-2011, 10:49 PM
true..but you cant help that they were on the schedule this year..tougher teams will be there next year if they want. Look at the score by half of those teams..the games were already over by half. Webeat agood bport team at there house..dominated a descent burk team and blewout mineral wells team that could suprise a 1st place team in the playoffs. Just sayin..

toddg
10-29-2011, 05:31 AM
I like decatur!! Good luck in the playoffs!

NateDawg39
10-29-2011, 10:12 AM
Some of us know all to well what being known going in can get you. I am all for letting the players prove the worth of the team by getting to the 3rd round and going where even one of the best passing teams all time in TX could not go. Then, they will deserve some love

texas_wildcat
10-29-2011, 01:28 PM
there are more teams out there getting no love too, if you want love call a girl man

rangerjim60
10-29-2011, 02:46 PM
I used to get no love

then I got love twice

now I have 2 ex-wives.

Don't worry Decatur - people will take notice in the playoffs...........

texas_wildcat
10-29-2011, 07:09 PM
I used to get no love

then I got love twice

now I have 2 ex-wives.

Don't worry Decatur - people will take notice in the playoffs...........

i see what you mean
but you know who yall will se playing 1st round

VWG
10-29-2011, 07:48 PM
true..but you cant help that they were on the schedule this year..tougher teams will be there next year if they want. Look at the score by half of those teams..the games were already over by half. Webeat agood bport team at there house..dominated a descent burk team and blewout mineral wells team that could suprise a 1st place team in the playoffs. Just sayin..

First off.... SPELL CHECK

Second... make some noise in the playoffs, then you will get some love

5wide
10-29-2011, 10:25 PM
Iphone..and was in a hurry!

5wide
10-29-2011, 10:27 PM
Who??

OldNavy
10-30-2011, 07:16 AM
Welcome to Prosper's world. You beat a good Whitesboro team 35-7 and Bridgeport 30-16. Prosper beat Bridgeport 49-7 and then beat Argyle 35-14. Argyle went on to beat Whitesboro 59-14. The AP ranks Argyle at 8th in state and doesn't even rank Prosper in the top 20. I believe they are wrong, but Prosper's quality wins seem to be better than Decatur's.

It looks like you will meet Kennedale in the first round. Perhaps TX-Wildcat thought you were D1 and would play Alvarado in round 1. I don't know.

Keep winning and you will get the love.

rangerjim60
10-30-2011, 08:28 AM
Don't think Decatur is quite at Prosper/Argyle level but on any given day.............. Their schedule has included 4 quality teams and 5, uh, lets say not so quality teams. Either way you have to commend any team at 9-0 right now. I was thinking Kennedale first round too. Haven't they lost a couple of quality players for the year? Any chance they'll be closer to full strength in 3 weeks? Kennedale spanked Decatur in the first round last year but Decatur is a much better team now. Confident bunch of young kids who might turn a few heads come Thanksgiving time............

Bullaholic
10-30-2011, 09:00 AM
Don't think Decatur is quite at Prosper/Argyle level but on any given day.............. Their schedule has included 4 quality teams and 5, uh, lets say not so quality teams. Either way you have to commend any team at 9-0 right now. I was thinking Kennedale first round too. Haven't they lost a couple of quality players for the year? Any chance they'll be closer to full strength in 3 weeks? Kennedale spanked Decatur in the first round last year but Decatur is a much better team now. Confident bunch of young kids who might turn a few heads come Thanksgiving time............

I ain't giving you "dirty birds" no love at all. JIm....:D But, I gotta say---Decatur ain't too shabby this year and should go past the first round.

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-30-2011, 09:17 AM
true..but you cant help that they were on the schedule this year..tougher teams will be there next year if they want. Look at the score by half of those teams..the games were already over by half. Webeat agood bport team at there house..dominated a descent burk team and blewout mineral wells team that could suprise a 1st place team in the playoffs. Just sayin.. Let me tell you they wont surprise Alvarado when they play us first round lol!!! Thats funny! You think you beat them bad? Well watch what we do to them. lol.. Not in the same league...

5wide
10-30-2011, 12:05 PM
you guys didn't exactly smoke a 1-9 springtown team..and they are horrible!

5wide
10-30-2011, 12:16 PM
you can also look at it this way...
Decatur 64 Mineral Wells 28
Argyle 39 Mineral wells 14

Decatur 52 Burkburnett 27
Argyle 31 Burkburnett 3

rangerjim60
10-30-2011, 12:28 PM
Sorry Cobra - don't think you'll get a chance to face Decatur. Believe you guys are Division 1. Decatur will be Division 2 and most likley get Kennedale. If I'm wrong, I do believe Alvarado would handle the Eagles. Gotta remember this team is fairly young and was predicted 3rd in 7-3A.

OldNavy
10-30-2011, 01:06 PM
I think Kennedale ends up tied for 2nd in district, but Glen Rose beat Kennedale and gets the tie breaker and goes to the Playoffs as D1W. I could be wrong as it seems different districts have different tie break rules. Anyone know?

toddg
10-30-2011, 02:13 PM
glen rose, if they lose to alvarado this week, will be the 2nd place team as they are undefeated in district play to this point(the hillsboro result was misreported) and would go d2 and will likely play bridgeport in 1st round...kennedale will also be d2 and likely play decatur..now the winners of those two 1st round games in d2 will more than likely get to meet brownwood and snyder..yeah, the road in d2 is a tough one...if you get past region 1 than you have carthage or gilmer waiting for you.

btw...alvarado did kinda smoke a bad springtown team..i think springtown got one of their two first downs as the result of a penalty....i guess 26-0 doesnt look as good as the 83-31 thumping aledo gave them.

as alumni and fans we tend to look past opponents, thats just the way it is...as for the team...the indians are only thinking about glen rose this week.

MajorApplehorn
10-30-2011, 03:26 PM
you can also look at it this way...
Decatur 64 Mineral Wells 28
Argyle 39 Mineral wells 14

Decatur 52 Burkburnett 27
Argyle 31 Burkburnett 3

Argyle's game with Burk was called in the 3rd when a Burk player was paralyzed. He later recovered at the hospital. Argyle played MW early in the year...Not real sure why you are trying to compare to Argyle. If you are that concerned, you might get your chance next year. They may come back into your district. Careful what you wish for...

fbjm
10-30-2011, 04:01 PM
Decatur not getting the love...Story & staff have done a great job...dont give a rip who theyve played or not played....theyre 9-0 and soon will be 10-0 after Castleberry...understand their lower levels are pretty good too....dont know if theyll make any noise once the playoffs begin, but...give credit where its due!!

5wide
10-30-2011, 06:12 PM
Argyle's game with Burk was called in the 3rd when a Burk player was paralyzed. He later recovered at the hospital. Argyle played MW early in the year...Not real sure why you are trying to compare to Argyle. If you are that concerned, you might get your chance next year. They may come back into your district. Careful what you wish for...

Argyle got decatur when decatur was down..not sayin decatur would beat them but drf wouldn't be afraid of them.

Old Tiger
10-30-2011, 06:14 PM
What do their jerseys look like

5wide
10-30-2011, 06:31 PM
I'm not sure..don't know where to find pictures at. maybe someone on here could help out with that.

bigwood33
10-30-2011, 06:46 PM
Decatur is good but Argyle is better. We've seen them both, up close and personal, and Argyle is bigger, faster, and more physical.