PDA

View Full Version : Ron Washington

SintonFan_inAustin
10-28-2011, 12:21 PM
He seems to struggle on how to manage in a NL ballpark!

YTBulldogs
10-28-2011, 01:14 PM
Not to hard to manage and have your closer go 2 innings and pitch the 10th instead of Oliver. Gonna blow a 2 run lead, blow it with your best on the bump I say.

pirate4state
10-28-2011, 01:18 PM
Not to hard to manage and have your closer go 2 innings and pitch the 10th instead of Oliver. Gonna blow a 2 run lead, blow it with your best on the bump I say.

:iagree:

Tin Cup
10-28-2011, 01:22 PM
His team had not 1, not 2, but 3 different chances to win the game. I've heard coaches always say I want to put my guys in the best chance to win. After that, it's up to players!

Farmersfan
10-28-2011, 01:53 PM
His team had not 1, not 2, but 3 different chances to win the game. I've heard coaches always say I want to put my guys in the best chance to win. After that, it's up to players!

I posted this comment at the time and nobody responded to it but the more I think about it the more I beleive it had an impact. The strike zone for the ump suddenly bacame a whole lot smaller for the Ranger pitchers late in that game. Adams came in and threw the first two pitches perfectly on the lower part of the strike zone and neither were given to him. Holland was denied several great strike pitches in his relief effort. Feliz was denied several inside pitches that the Cards pitchers had been getting the whole game up to that point. I didn't notice the Cards pitchers not getting those calls afterwards but I admit I am likely pretty biased. Anyone else notice how a earlier strike location suddenly was not longer a strike?

hollywood
10-28-2011, 02:05 PM
I posted this comment at the time and nobody responded to it but the more I think about it the more I beleive it had an impact. The strike zone for the ump suddenly bacame a whole lot smaller for the Ranger pitchers late in that game. Adams came in and threw the first two pitches perfectly on the lower part of the strike zone and neither were given to him. Holland was denied several great strike pitches in his relief effort. Feliz was denied several inside pitches that the Cards pitchers had been getting the whole game up to that point. I didn't notice the Cards pitchers not getting those calls afterwards but I admit I am likely pretty biased. Anyone else notice how a earlier strike location suddenly was not longer a strike?

Awesome point! Yes, the strike zone was squeezed tighter than Ron Washington's b-hole. Holland completely hit several pitches and didn't get it. But on the flip side, lot's of plays should have been made time and time and time and time again. Puljos was complaining about a called strike pitch that was actually further outside than the previous pitch the umb called a ball. He had it right. The ump eyes got a little fuzzy towards the end and he became inconsistent. But, that's how baseball go.

Farmersfan
10-28-2011, 02:10 PM
Awesome point! Yes, the strike zone was squeezed tighter than Ron Washington's b-hole. Holland completely hit several pitches and didn't get it. But on the flip side, lot's of plays should have been made time and time and time and time again. Puljos was complaining about a called strike pitch that was actually further outside than the previous pitch the umb called a ball. He had it right. The ump eyes got a little fuzzy towards the end and he became inconsistent. But, that's how baseball go.

As long as it was even with both teams I don't have a problem with it. But like I said, based on my biased Rose colored glasses it didn't look even to me......................

Ranger win tonight BIG!

Tejastrue
10-28-2011, 02:37 PM
As long as it was even with both teams I don't have a problem with it. But like I said, based on my biased Rose colored glasses it didn't look even to me......................

Ranger win tonight BIG!

Those rose colored glasses were quite clear... I don't know how I kept myself from throwing something through the TV screen...

Tin Cup
10-28-2011, 02:43 PM
Great point on strike zone. When your great pitches are balls, all of the sudden it's a hitter's game. In game 3, holland benefited from a generous strike zone that got him in rhythm. Homeplate ump affects a game just like NBA refs.

hollywood
10-28-2011, 02:47 PM

Ranger win tonight BIG!

It sure appreard that way in the end, maybe because we felt the game slipping away, I don't know. But earlier in the game, the ump was missing both ways.

I know we all want a big win tonight. I like the way the Game 7 is shaping up... Carpenter won't last 3 innings. Harrison will have to give us 5-6 and CJ will be rested. He hasn't had a good series but is due some great innings.

Why the Rangers win tonight...
-Cards will be hungover from last nights win.
-Rangers haven't lost 2 in a row since August.
-Rangers bullpen will step up with WS on the line tonight.
-Rangers big bats will get hot.
-Game 7, it's time to pull out everything in the bullpen and I like the Rangers better than the Cards.