Grahamcheerdad
10-28-2011, 07:52 AM
Please retire

waterboy
10-28-2011, 07:52 AM
It's time for him to hang it up.

Simple Man
10-28-2011, 08:15 AM
Oliver shouldn't have been in the game. You have the lead again, you come back with your closer.

Tin Cup
10-28-2011, 08:28 AM
At least they earned it off Oliver with hits and not ball 4 take your base.

Bullpen=fail would have been more appropriate

GrTigers6
10-28-2011, 08:42 AM
Oliver shouldn't have been in the game. You have the lead again, you come back with your closer.The closer that already gave up the lead? that's ridiculous. If he cant do it once what makes you think he can come back a second time in the same game?
Or did you want him toi have the destinction of two blown saves in the same game by the same pitcher?

Txbroadcaster
10-28-2011, 08:44 AM
This is the nasty secret about Ranger bullpen

they are awesome as long as everything stays on schedule...with Ogando now blown up it shows this bullpen does not have alot of flexibility

bobcat1
10-28-2011, 09:32 AM
Should have never taken Holland out. Neftali couldn't hit the broad side of a barn last night. You would think after warming him up you could tell if he had his stuff or not. Oliver needs to throw batting practice and Ogando is lost as a goose.

Tin Cup
10-28-2011, 10:06 AM
People quickly forget that Oliver got us out of a major jam with bases loaded the night before. As for Feliz in the bullpen, there is nothing in the world that can prepare him for being in the heat of the moment except being in the heat of the moment.

LionFan72
10-28-2011, 10:27 AM
Rangers were simply outcoached last night in the 8-11th innings. Bad decisions=loss!

WildTexan972
10-28-2011, 11:31 AM
Oliver is often a weak curveball option, but last night was not his fault - it was moron Washington thinking doin a lil jig in the dugout makes you a coach bein a fool - you don't send a soft toss guy in right after the mid-90s heater pitcher - it makes those soft toss pitches look like beach balls to the hitters, and they whacked em all over the place...

Wash is way in over his head in this coaching matchup....tonight there may be 30 runs scored total after all those pitchers got used last night

Simple Man
10-28-2011, 12:42 PM
Actually the closer gets us out of the inning if a routine fly ball is caught by the right fielder as it should have been. I would take my chances with Feliz over Oliver any day.

coachc45
10-28-2011, 01:28 PM
Actually the closer gets us out of the inning if a routine fly ball is caught by the right fielder as it should have been. I would take my chances with Feliz over Oliver any day.

Routine flyball off the top of the wall?

Come on man!!!! He didn't get outmanaged....if you watched the game you noticed that the moves Larussa made didn't work either. The Rangers lost, but it was not one person's fault. Have faith, they'll bounce back and get it done!

Farmersfan
10-28-2011, 01:32 PM
Routine flyball off the top of the wall?

Come on man!!!! He didn't get outmanaged....if you watched the game you noticed that the moves Larussa made didn't work either. The Rangers lost, but it was not one person's fault. Have faith, they'll bounce back and get it done!

You watched the wrong game! The ball hit the wall at chest level about 3 feet from where Cruz jumped into the wall unneccessarily. Cruz misplayed the ball just like he has frequently. 90% of the outfielders in MLB make that catch.

Tin Cup
10-28-2011, 01:33 PM
You send in a slower thrower exactly after a hard thrower. You change the hitters eyes, bats, and rhythm

coachc45
10-28-2011, 01:34 PM
You watched the wrong game! The ball hit the wall at chest level about 3 feet from where Cruz jumped into the wall unneccessarily. Cruz misplayed the ball just like he has frequently. 90% of the outfielders in MLB make that catch.

Whatever... I just have a tendency to not look down on people!

Simple Man
10-28-2011, 02:04 PM
I am not looking down on him. I just expect most major league outfielders to make that catch. There were plenty of mistakes made by both teams last night. Cards won. I believe the Rangers come back and get it tonight.

DaHop72
10-28-2011, 02:25 PM
You send in a slower thrower exactly after a hard thrower. You change the hitters eyes, bats, and rhythm:iagree:Harder to adjust from fast to slow than the other way around.

WildTexan972
10-28-2011, 02:34 PM
You send in a slower thrower exactly after a hard thrower. You change the hitters eyes, bats, and rhythm

if you like gettin him lit up, sure, go ahead....just like they did....you send him in in the same inning, maybe it disrupts...you send him in the next inning and LAUNCH!!! that is what happened - take a pitch or 2 then yank em...

Sville
10-28-2011, 02:39 PM
They were in a no doubles defense. Cruz misplayed that ball twice. First when he misjudged it and it went over his head. Secondly when he realized it was over his head, not playing it off the wall. One he should of caught that ball, but when he couldn't if he plays that ball off the wall there is no way Pujols scores from first on that play. King Albert is awesome but he runs like a Molina.

Tin Cup
10-28-2011, 02:40 PM
if you like gettin him lit up, sure, go ahead....just like they did....you send him in in the same inning, maybe it disrupts...you send him in the next inning and LAUNCH!!! that is what happened - take a pitch or 2 then yank em...

It didn't work out but it doesn't mean the coach was wrong. He went in because he's a veteran and he throws strikes. He didn't get rocked they just got two hits. They had to at least get the hits and not walk them like others before him had done. If he gets 3 up 3 down you don't all say go Oliver best pitcher ever. You say he did his job.

95mustang
10-28-2011, 02:57 PM
Oliver has failed to perform quite a bit this season. He has the occasional good outing, but they are not frequent enough anymore. I can understand Washington's idea of puting in Oliver after Feliz. It is much harder for batters to hit a slower pitcher after seeing someone like Feliz. Feliz also gave up the lead so why give him another chance. I see alot of people coming down on Washington not just on the downlow. Many of the same people were singing his praises up til last night. The Cardinals are a good team that just happens to be hot right now. They have proved they deserve to be in the World Series since September. This series has been a very good one. I was ill after last nights game just like many people, but I will never second guess what Washington done. I may not agree with some of his decisions, but he has forgotten more about baseball that most of us will ever know. I am still a Washington fan and will be win or lose tonight. Now Rangers let's get this done and bring the title to Texas where it belongs.