PDA

View Full Version : Game 7: Rangers @ Cardinals

Tin Cup
10-27-2011, 11:25 PM
6 is over. Time to win game 7.

Harrison needs the game of his life tomorrow.

Tejastrue
10-27-2011, 11:31 PM
6 is over. Time to win game 7.

Harrison needs the game of his life tomorrow.

The Cardinals won their game 7 tonight, we'll take ours tomorrow night! :clap:

pirate4state
10-27-2011, 11:32 PM
I hope it's true, but I have a bad feeling.

Old Tiger
10-27-2011, 11:33 PM
game 6 went south bad for rangers IMO that effects their mentality.....cards take game 7.

Rangers fans are left saying "at least we're not the cubs"

Phil C
10-27-2011, 11:42 PM
The Rangers blew it tonight. With Carpenter pitching there is no way they will win tomorrow. They are outcoached and now outplayed. Washington could have saved it if he had let Mike pitch the ninth inning. I am not wasting my time. I am going to watch hs football.

Old Tiger
10-27-2011, 11:45 PM
Heard Cruz strained his groin in last at bat.

Tejastrue
10-27-2011, 11:51 PM
All I can say is I've been a fan since they moved here to Texas...still a fan...nothing has changed...we have another game tomorrow and I still believe we'll be WS champions come late tomorrow tonight...for all the negative "nay sayers"...please, don't go away mad...just go away...

SintonFan_inAustin
10-28-2011, 12:00 AM
Rangers haven't lost two straight game in over 2 months, it's going to be put to the test later tonight.

Emerson1
10-28-2011, 12:54 AM
The Rangers blew it tonight. With Carpenter pitching there is no way they will win tomorrow. They are outcoached and now outplayed. Washington could have saved it if he had let Mike pitch the ninth inning. I am not wasting my time. I am going to watch hs football.

Your dumbass shtick is officially old.

D_bird
10-28-2011, 12:58 AM
As bad as game 6 hurt... I saw something tonight that may be the Cardinals worst enemy... They darn near celebrated like they WON THE WORLD SERIES... As bad as that hurts for the Rangers, I'd be more concerned about the Cardinals having the emotional let down in game 7. Also, this will be the third time the Rangers have seen Carpenter and he'll be on short rest. The other time he pitched on short rest in game 1 against the Phillies he got shelled.

Game 6 very well might've been the best thing that could've ever happened to the Rangers.

Emerson1
10-28-2011, 01:06 AM
I think it was second best, because they could have won.

D_bird
10-28-2011, 01:18 AM
True... But now that they lost it once... Now is time for them to win it once...

ExScoop
10-28-2011, 04:42 AM
I'll miss most of the game since I'll be covering Bloomington at Boling for the El Camp Radio station by callling in reports.

Don't think the Rangers can pull it off after blowing leads last night. No consistent pitching or defense.

When you score 9 runs- your supposed to win.

Dam Fox broadcasters wanted Cardinals too win to force game 7-They are terrible broadcasters in my opinion.

hollywood
10-28-2011, 05:59 AM

Scary times indeed... wrong. Glass is half empty howling man. You need a refill!!

GrTigers6
10-28-2011, 06:10 AM
The Rangers blew it tonight. With Carpenter pitching there is no way they will win tomorrow. They are outcoached and now outplayed. Washington could have saved it if he had let Mike pitch the ninth inning. I am not wasting my time. I am going to watch hs football.The Rangers have yet to lose to Carpenter!, and he is pitching on short rest. I think if they can get to him early they will rack up the runs like they did against detroit. If not then who knows

Scratch that, I forgot carpenter was still pitching when the cards took lead in 6th of game one. But he was on full rest then. Hopefully he will be off today

Phil C
10-28-2011, 06:16 AM
The Rangers have yet to lose to Carpenter!, and he is pitching on short rest. I think if they can get to him early they will rack up the runs like they did against detroit. If not then who knows

I hope you are right. But the thing is with the big win the Cardinals have a big edge psychologically and I am afraid this is going to be a repeat like Game 3. I would love to be wrong but have been right so far. Unfortunately it is the Cardinals night tonight. Especially since the game is in St. Louis. There is one edge for the Rangers and that is it is the 28th. Will it be enough? I don't think so but I hope so.

Phil C
10-28-2011, 06:45 AM
Don't get me wrong. I hope the Rangers prove me wrong and win tonight. Go Rangers!

zebrablue2
10-28-2011, 06:48 AM
Don't get me wrong. I hope the Rangers prove me wrong and win tonight. Go Rangers!

:ditto: They will pull it out!

GrTigers6
10-28-2011, 07:11 AM
I hope you are right. But the thing is with the big win the Cardinals have a big edge psychologically and I am afraid this is going to be a repeat like Game 3. I would love to be wrong but have been right so far. Unfortunately it is the Cardinals night tonight. Especially since the game is in St. Louis. There is one edge for the Rangers and that is it is the 28th. Will it be enough? I don't think so but I hope so.Im hoping the cards celebrated too much and emotionally will be off tonight! " fingers crossed"

TheDOCTORdre
10-28-2011, 07:15 AM
If the Rangers wanted to win the World Series last night was their chance...2 strikes away from winning it TWICE, and they couldn't do it, I think its in the Cards for St. Louis to win this

Phil C
10-28-2011, 07:22 AM
If the Rangers wanted to win the World Series last night was their chance...2 strikes away from winning it TWICE, and they couldn't do it, I think its in the Cards for St. Louis to win this

Good Grief! Don't be so pessimistic! :mad:

lbjacj
10-28-2011, 07:46 AM

It was one strike away twice!
I thought they had it won.It will be hard for Texas to rebound after losing the way they did but if any team can do it it's the Rangers!
I'm going to DVR it and watch it after I get home from Navarro.

Txbroadcaster
10-28-2011, 07:58 AM
Win or lose tonight will have nothing to do with what happen in game 6..this Ranger team has proven over and over that they bounce back

TheDOCTORdre
10-28-2011, 08:11 AM
It was one strike away twice!
I thought they had it won.It will be hard for Texas to rebound after losing the way they did but if any team can do it it's the Rangers!
I'm going to DVR it and watch it after I get home from Navarro.

you know I knew its was one strike and I even told myself that as I was writing and I still wrote 2 strikes

waterboy
10-28-2011, 08:12 AM
Win or lose tonight will have nothing to do with what happen in game 6..this Ranger team has proven over and over that they bounce back
That is true. I was really disappointed in that the Rangers lost Game 6, but they have another shot tonight. They played horribly defensively, pitching couldn't hold the lead on several occasions, and give the Cardinals credit - they were resilient and got it done. Tonight is a totally new night. I look for the Rangers to bounce back in a big way tonight. They will be FOCUSED! This is what they played for all year long.

lostaussie
10-28-2011, 08:17 AM
The Cardinals won their game 7 tonight, we'll take ours tomorrow night! :clap:Jeez I hope you are right.............really bumming this morning. Wife told me to get my ass to Buckeye game tonight so she could win a World series in PEACE:D going to take her up on that.............I just can't bare to watch. GO RANGERS!!!

waterboy
10-28-2011, 08:29 AM
Jeez I hope you are right.............really bumming this morning. Wife told me to get my ass to Buckeye game tonight so she could win a World series in PEACE:D going to take her up on that.............I just can't bare to watch. GO RANGERS!!!
Are you gonna sit or stand at the game? What time are you gonna be able to get there?

Tin Cup
10-28-2011, 08:37 AM
If the Rangers don't win the world series it isn't because they lost game 6, it's because they lost game 7. Nothing that has happened in this series will determine the outcome of this game, other than possible injuries and tired arms. We got blown out in game 3, but how did we respond? I don't believe in all this destiny this and that. Make your own destiny tonight Texas Rangers.

As I predicted, Rangers in 7!

GrTigers6
10-28-2011, 08:38 AM
That is true. I was really disappointed in that the Rangers lost Game 6, but they have another shot tonight. They played horribly defensively, pitching couldn't hold the lead on several occasions, and give the Cardinals credit - they were resilient and got it done. Tonight is a totally new night. I look for the Rangers to bounce back in a big way tonight. They will be FOCUSED! This is what they played for all year long.Yep now both teams are in a must win!
It will come down to who wants it more

lostaussie
10-28-2011, 08:55 AM
Are you gonna sit or stand at the game? What time are you gonna be able to get there?I'm sure I will be in my usual spot up top.

Bullaholic
10-28-2011, 09:23 AM
Last night the Rangers did not deserve to be World Series Champs---
Tonight they will shine and show the world why they deserve the title.
I still think the Rangers are a team of destiny......Go Rangers!

StangEm
10-28-2011, 09:31 AM
me too. I'm hoping for the best but planning for the worst.

"Tonight....we drink. Either in celebration or in shame. But regardless, we WILL feel better as the night comes to a close." -Vince Lombardi

Ok....I may have pulled that out, but it makes a lot of sense.

Old Tiger
10-28-2011, 09:41 AM
Tonight they will shine and show the world why they deserve the title.
I still think the Rangers are a team of destiny......Go Rangers!

http://urbandiner.ca/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/captain-hyperbole1-e1297894581339.jpg

hollywood
10-28-2011, 09:45 AM
me too. I'm hoping for the best but planning for the worst.

"tonight....we drink. Either in celebration or in shame. But regardless, we will feel better as the night comes to a close." -vince lombardi

ok....i may have pulled that out, but it makes a lot of sense.

cheers!

hollywood
10-28-2011, 09:56 AM
LETS Go RAN gers!:clap::clap:^^ :clap::clap::clap:

LETS Go RAN gers!:clap::clap:^^ :clap::clap::clap:

Old Tiger
10-28-2011, 09:57 AM
Hollywood,

What are RAN gers? lol

BEAST
10-28-2011, 09:59 AM
Hollywood,

What are RAN gers? lol

They are gers that have RAN. Duh!!

BEAST

Old Tiger
10-28-2011, 10:07 AM
They are gers that have RAN. Duh!!

BEASTYou have yet to be summoned return to under the bridge!

Bullaholic
10-28-2011, 10:13 AM
http://urbandiner.ca/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/captain-hyperbole1-e1297894581339.jpg

Maybe---It's called being a real fan, Casey. You ought to try picking a team and supporting it win or lose.

Old Tiger
10-28-2011, 10:15 AM
Maybe---It's called being a real fan, Casey. You ought to try picking a team and supporting it win or lose.Well....

NFL - Only care about fantasy but if I had to choose I'd say the Packers due to their history with lombardi
NCAA - Texas(all sports)
NBA - Spurs
MLB - Yankees
NHL - lol
WNBA - lol lol lol
HS - I support Rockdale but my cousin is a starter at Cameron Yoe so I cheer for them as well.
Soccer - Brazil National Team

ExScoop
10-28-2011, 10:38 AM
Hope to be home from a football game to catch late innings-Will listen to it on XM radio on way back

WildTexan972
10-28-2011, 11:14 AM
not that big a loss to the Rangers in the WS...he was a beast in the ALCS but his weak attempt at a long fly ball to right while playing deep (he was skeered of the wall obviously) cost the Rangers the title...this pitching matchup may well be a big problem for the Texas boys...

Heard Cruz strained his groin in last at bat.

BEAST
10-28-2011, 11:18 AM
You have yet to be summoned return to under the bridge!

Son, Ive crapped bigger turds than you. Step lightly.

BEAST

Txbroadcaster
10-28-2011, 11:19 AM
oh good god we got to act tough on a friggin message board

bobcat1
10-28-2011, 11:24 AM
oh good god we got to act tough on a friggin message board:tisk::1popcorn::wave:

pirate4state
10-28-2011, 11:28 AM
oh good god we got to act tough on a friggin message board i don't think it's an act! :o

Macarthur
10-28-2011, 11:28 AM
If the Rangers don't win the world series it isn't because they lost game 6, it's because they lost game 7. Nothing that has happened in this series will determine the outcome of this game, other than possible injuries and tired arms. We got blown out in game 3, but how did we respond? I don't believe in all this destiny this and that. Make your own destiny tonight Texas Rangers.

As I predicted, Rangers in 7!

Decent point. In baseball, momentum is only as good as the next day's pitcher. After game 3, many thought the Cards would run away with it. What happened? Holland came out and pitched a great game to totally destroy any momentum the Cards had. I agree with the sentiment that Carp going against the Rangers a third time on short rest probably favors the Rangers. If Harrison gets ahead of hitters, he should have a good night. I think if we can come out and score a run or two early and hopefully take an early lead, last night will be forgotten.

Farmersfan
10-28-2011, 11:32 AM
oh good god we got to act tough on a friggin message board

Why not? Some of ya'll always act smart on this message board when you aren't!!!! :stirpot:

I probably won't watch the Rangers tonight. I don't think I could take it emotionally if they blow another game and lose the World Series. If they win, game #6 will mean nothing. If they lose tonight then game #6 will define this franchise for the next 25 years. I don't see them recovering from this anytime soon unless they can win tongiht. The Rangers will be the team that never won a World Series but came within 1 strike of it TWICE in one game........... that's not a distinction that I would want!

DeuceDeuce
10-28-2011, 11:38 AM
Why not? Some of ya'll always act smart on this message board when you aren't!!!! :stirpot:

I probably won't watch the Rangers tonight. I don't think I could take it emotionally if they blow another game and lose the World Series. If they win, game #6 will mean nothing. If they lose tonight then game #6 will define this franchise for the next 25 years. I don't see them recovering from this anytime soon unless they can win tongiht. The Rangers will be the team that never won a World Series but came within 1 strike of it TWICE in one game........... that's not a distinction that I would want!

Not going to the Farmersville game????

bobcat1
10-28-2011, 11:42 AM

I probably won't watch the Rangers tonight. I don't think I could take it emotionally if they blow another game and lose the World Series. If they win, game #6 will mean nothing. If they lose tonight then game #6 will define this franchise for the next 25 years. I don't see them recovering from this anytime soon unless they can win tongiht. The Rangers will be the team that never won a World Series but came within 1 strike of it TWICE in one game........... that's not a distinction that I would want!I'll watch every minute of it. Can't wait. That game last night was a heck of a ball game by both clubs. The Rangers just came up short twice. A lot of little plays last night by both teams caused the game to be what it was. Neftali's ineffectiveness at what he is hired to do was the main reason we lost. Michael Young contributed to the loss at first base twice last night. I wish the Rangers could land Pujols to play first base next year. It won't happen but that would be awesome. Elvis not going to second last night contributed to the loss as well as Cruz not making that play against the wall for the final out of the game. It still falls on the closer that did not close though. He was not dialed in and got lucky on the first 2 outs.

Txbroadcaster
10-28-2011, 11:48 AM
[QUOTE=Farmersfan;1626565]Why not? Some of ya'll always act smart on this message board when you aren't!!!! :stirpot:

QUOTE]

come on FF..dont degrade yourself

win or lose i dont think it defines the Rangers unless they never get back...the Mavs were defined but their finals collapse, until they won it...the Rangers are set for next 7-10 years to be a force in the AL

turbostud
10-28-2011, 12:04 PM
To bad Cliff Lee didnt stick around. The Rangers need an Ace on their pitching staff. Holland has potential but I feel like that if the Rangers can get an Ace they will be deadly, if the current players stay put.

GrTigers6
10-28-2011, 12:08 PM
To bad Cliff Lee didnt stick around. The Rangers need an Ace on their pitching staff. Holland has potential but I feel like that if the Rangers can get an Ace they will be deadly, if the current players stay put.Lee lost both games he pitched in last world series

Emerson1
10-28-2011, 12:12 PM
Lee lost both games he pitched in last world series

ooooooo burn

Emerson1
10-28-2011, 12:13 PM

Just like the Mavs collapse defined the franchise for the next 25 years.

lol.

turbostud
10-28-2011, 12:24 PM
Lee lost both games he pitched in last world series

He picked up two wins in the ALDS and one in the ALCS before finally meeting his match in the World Series. that happens from time to time when you're facing Tim Lincecum.

GrTigers6
10-28-2011, 12:28 PM
He picked up two wins in the ALDS and one in the ALCS before finally meeting his match in the World Series. that happens from time to time when you're facing Tim Lincecum.He didnt get beat by the pitcher he got beat by the hitters, scoring more runs than their pitcher allowed

Phil C
10-28-2011, 12:59 PM
Come on people! Don't be so pessimistic. Sure Game 6 was a big disappointed but let's keep the loss in perspective. It was not a world series cincher but rather a determination that there will be a game 7 to decide the winner.
Go Rangers!

Phil C
10-28-2011, 01:00 PM
The Rangers are going to win tonight! Go Rangers!

Farmersfan
10-28-2011, 02:02 PM
[QUOTE=Farmersfan;1626565]Why not? Some of ya'll always act smart on this message board when you aren't!!!! :stirpot:

QUOTE]

come on FF..dont degrade yourself

win or lose i dont think it defines the Rangers unless they never get back...the Mavs were defined but their finals collapse, until they won it...the Rangers are set for next 7-10 years to be a force in the AL

Just wondering how I "degraded" myself TXB? And I did say for 25 years. I don't think this team gets back to a World Series anytime soon if they lose this one like they are in danger of doing!

Farmersfan
10-28-2011, 02:07 PM
Just like the Mavs collapse defined the franchise for the next 25 years.

lol.

I can't keep up with you people!!! First Romo is Dirk and now the Rangers are the Mavericks? Seriously, where do you get this crap from?

And the Mavericks collapse DID define the team until they won the title. I don't think the Rangers will compete for another title anytime soon if they lose this World Series like they are at risk of doing. Just my opinion! But if you sit quitely and watch you will find that although not normally popular, i'm usually correct! consider it a learning experience for you! :wave:

Emerson1
10-28-2011, 02:14 PM
I can't keep up with you people!!! First Romo is Dirk and now the Rangers are the Mavericks? Seriously, where do you get this crap from?

And the Mavericks collapse DID define the team until they won the title. I don't think the Rangers will compete for another title anytime soon if they lose this World Series like they are at risk of doing. Just my opinion! But if you sit quitely and watch you will find that although not normally popular, i'm usually correct! consider it a learning experience for you! :wave:

I needed a good laugh.

Tejastrue
10-28-2011, 02:32 PM
I'm bringing out the secret weapon to finish off the Cardinals...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOrgLj9lOwk

Sville
10-28-2011, 02:54 PM
I feel pretty good about going against Carp on 3 days rest. He did it in game 2 of the Philly series and only went 3 innings giving up 4 ER. Harrison was also pitching well in his last start until ump blew that double play at first. Harrison leads the majors in induced double plays and the Cards lead the majors in grounding into Dbl plays. I think we have a good match up tonight. IMHO the most important thing tonight will be to play errorless defense. if they do that the rest will take care of itself.

hollywood
10-28-2011, 03:20 PM
I feel pretty good about going against Carp on 3 days rest. He did it in game 2 of the Philly series and only went 3 innings giving up 4 ER. Harrison was also pitching well in his last start until ump blew that double play at first. Harrison leads the majors in induced double plays and the Cards lead the majors in grounding into Dbl plays. I think we have a good match up tonight. IMHO the most important thing tonight will be to play errorless defense. if they do that the rest will take care of itself.:clap:

eagleqb_14
10-28-2011, 03:47 PM
i believe in the rangers!! we can do this!!!! 4:13

Bullaholic
10-28-2011, 04:10 PM
Simple game 7 truism:

Rangers load the bases = Rangers load the busses early

Buff42
10-28-2011, 04:10 PM
I hope it's true, but I have a bad feeling.

Me too :ack!:

Emerson1
10-28-2011, 04:11 PM
Holliday is out. Cruz and Napoli are playing.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-28-2011, 04:34 PM
The Rangers are going to win tonight! Go Rangers!Thats the spirit Phil :)

SintonFan_inAustin
10-28-2011, 04:36 PM
Hamilton might just be getting healthy in time for a big game 7! POWER RANGERS show up for this game.

hollywood
10-28-2011, 04:49 PM
Thats the spirit Phil :)

Phil must be superstitious. His pessimism didn't work, so now he's turning to optimism. Hope he's right, or it's scary times indeed. :wave:

Tejastrue
10-28-2011, 06:28 PM
Good luck tonight Rangers!!! Battled all season long and now it's down to one final game for all the marbles...Just play the way we all know you can and that trophy is yours...:clap:

jlwttu
10-28-2011, 06:38 PM
The Rangers are going to win tonight! Go Rangers!

Ok...someone has hijacked Phil C's account.

eagleqb_14
10-28-2011, 06:42 PM
we got this!!! LETS GO RANGERS!!!!! 4:13

Emerson1
10-28-2011, 06:48 PM
Ok...someone has hijacked Phil C's account.
I think him and FF are the same person. They sit on both sides of the fence so that they are right no matter what.

Emerson1
10-28-2011, 06:53 PM
Beltre loves swing at the slider low and away.

eagleqb_14
10-28-2011, 06:54 PM
wooohoooo!!!! 2-0 rangers!!!

Tejastrue
10-28-2011, 06:56 PM
Nice start!!!

eagleqb_14
10-28-2011, 06:57 PM
lets go harrison we believe in you buddy

BwdLion73
10-28-2011, 07:04 PM
Tony La R. looks like an actor in a Quinton Tarantino movie:eek:

Roughneck93
10-28-2011, 07:04 PM
Nice start Texas! Keep them updates coming!

eagleqb_14
10-28-2011, 07:08 PM
wow 2-2

Tejastrue
10-28-2011, 07:11 PM
Ranger pitchers....Please stop the walks...

eagleqb_14
10-28-2011, 07:24 PM
no walks this inning!! let go rangers! 4:13

Farmersfan
10-28-2011, 07:31 PM
This ump is already pissing me off with his strike zone.

eagleqb_14
10-28-2011, 07:44 PM
3-2 cards

Tejastrue
10-28-2011, 07:45 PM
It's very early folks....

Farmersfan
10-28-2011, 07:46 PM
Harrison is not looking good. With our bats appearing to have relapsed into comma land this doesn't look good.

Saggy Aggie
10-28-2011, 07:47 PM
Harrison is not looking good. With our bats appearing to have relapsed into comma land this doesn't look good. Farmersfan's actual perspective is almost as negative as phil's schtick.

eagleqb_14
10-28-2011, 07:47 PM
harrisons is doing alright 2 walks killed em

eagleqb_14
10-28-2011, 07:50 PM
wow

\

eagleqb_14
10-28-2011, 07:54 PM
rangers gotta get some runs

Emerson1
10-28-2011, 07:57 PM
Harrison is not looking good. With our bats appearing to have relapsed into comma land this doesn't look good.
It's 3-2. Just shut the hell up it really does get old.

Farmersfan
10-28-2011, 07:58 PM
Farmersfan's actual perspective is almost as negative as phil's schtick.

This game is tottering on the edge of being blown wide open by the Cards. What do you see to be positive about? Nobody for the Rangers is even getting close to touching Carpenter and every batter for the Cards is slamming Harrison.

Emerson1
10-28-2011, 08:00 PM
This game is tottering on the edge of being blown wide open by the Cards. What do you see to be positive about? Nobody for the Rangers is even getting close to touching Carpenter and every batter for the Cards is slamming Harrison.
Yet it's 3-2. Carpenter is on 3 days rest. He won't be able to go 9 innings and 100+ pitches.

Farmersfan
10-28-2011, 08:02 PM
It's 3-2. Just shut the hell up it really does get old.+++

Sign off and go to Toys R Us.com..........

Emerson1
10-28-2011, 08:04 PM
+++

Sign off and go to Toys R Us.com..........

you can go on over to viagra.com

Saggy Aggie
10-28-2011, 08:05 PM
I'm convinced ff should just stop watching sports in general

eagleqb_14
10-28-2011, 08:07 PM
GOTTA get a run this inning

Emerson1
10-28-2011, 08:11 PM
GOTTA get a run this inning
No they don't. They just need 1 before the end of the game without giving up another.

eagleqb_14
10-28-2011, 08:25 PM
we need to get the lead early more room for pitching

eagleqb_14
10-28-2011, 08:35 PM
bring holland in

3afan
10-28-2011, 08:39 PM
wow - bad call

Tejastrue
10-28-2011, 08:39 PM
Holy crap that was strike 3

sotex
10-28-2011, 08:41 PM
Rangers are self destructing again.

ExScoop
10-28-2011, 08:43 PM
Doesn't look good-Rangers should have won last night-More bad pitching

jlwttu
10-28-2011, 08:43 PM
Holy crap that was strike 3

Ya..Molina walked on strike 3...awful call. 2 runs with no hits:ack!:

Tejastrue
10-28-2011, 08:45 PM
Never give up Rangers....

Emerson1
10-28-2011, 08:45 PM
You never get that call when the catcher has to move his glove over. He should have hit his target.

Carpenter was at 70 pitches last inning. He is on 3 days rest. He will either start to get hit this inning and pulled or barely scrape by and be out anyways.

eagleqb_14
10-28-2011, 08:46 PM
its over

Tejastrue
10-28-2011, 08:47 PM
You never get that call when the catcher has to move his glove over. He should have hit his target.

Carpenter was at 70 pitches last inning. He is on 3 days rest. He will either start to get hit this inning and pulled or barely scrape by and be out anyways.

Give me a frickin break... a strike is a strike...

Emerson1
10-28-2011, 08:48 PM
Give me a frickin break... a strike is a strike...

Well it's baseball and that's not how it works.

Exactly what they couldn't do.

Saggy Aggie
10-28-2011, 08:49 PM
Poor rump rangers

Emerson1
10-28-2011, 08:52 PM
At least they get a free out because of it. I'll take that trade.

WildTexan972
10-28-2011, 08:55 PM
ole Don Meredith is surely singin his song by now................

Tejastrue
10-28-2011, 09:01 PM
Well it's baseball and that's not how it works.

Exactly what they couldn't do.

You my friend are a borderlinne DA because strikes are called all the time where the ball crosses the plate...not where the glove starts out....

Emerson1
10-28-2011, 09:02 PM
That worked out great for the Rangers. Got the free out with the Carpenter at bat then rocked him and got him out of the game. Last time we saw Rhodes he threw one pitch for a Hamilton hit right?

Saggy Aggie
10-28-2011, 09:04 PM
You my friend are a borderlinne DA because strikes are called all the time where the ball crosses the plate...not where the glove starts out.... yeah but its also common knowledge that you dont get the benefit of the doubt when the catcher has to move his glove and a lot of times you DO get strike calls a little out of the zone if the pitcher nails his spot and the catcher doesnt have to move at all.

Emerson1
10-28-2011, 09:04 PM
You my friend are a borderlinne DA because strikes are called all the time where the ball crosses the plate...not where the glove starts out....
It's called perception. When it's a borderline pitch and the catcher has to go across the plate to get it. The chances of the umpire, a human being, calling it a strike isn't on your side.

Dumbass.

Are you kin to farmersfan?

yeah but its also common knowledge that you dont get the benefit of the doubt when the catcher has to move his glove and a lot of times you DO get strike calls a little out of the zone if the pitcher nails his spot and the catcher doesnt have to move at all.
You know you are wrong when Saggy agrees with me.

Tejastrue
10-28-2011, 09:10 PM
It's called perception. When it's a borderline pitch and the catcher has to go across the plate to get it. The chances of the umpire, a human being, calling it a strike isn't on your side.

Dumbass.

Are you kin to farmersfan?

You know you are wrong when Saggy agrees with me.

It's called deception and that was not a borderline call.. but.. it is irrelevant at this point....jock breath

BwdLion73
10-28-2011, 09:14 PM
Looks like the Rangers have everybody testy tonight.:confused:

Tejastrue
10-28-2011, 09:19 PM
indeed they do!!!!

Emerson1
10-28-2011, 09:30 PM
1 freakin strike.

Just glad I'm a bandwagon Ranger's fan.

Go Mavs.

Farmersfan
10-28-2011, 09:31 PM
Pathetic effort by our Rangers tonight to followup a pathetic collapse last night. They aren't even going to make it respectable.

Emerson1
10-28-2011, 09:35 PM
I have all the confidence in the world they can get 4 runs before the end of the game. Just no confidence in the pitching not allowing anymore runs.

St. Louis is just better right now. It has nothing to do with effort. Surprised you didn't say that the cardinals just wanted it more.

sotex
10-28-2011, 09:35 PM
Rangers are playing badly but it sure seems like the ump has two different strike zones tonight. Not whining, just sayin.

ExScoop
10-28-2011, 09:45 PM
Rangers bats went silent after first quarter-This game is just about history- I knew this was coming

Emerson1
10-28-2011, 09:46 PM
Trade Hamilton for some pitching.

I feel bad that some of you wasted your time watching the game when you absolutely knew 100% that it was going to end up like this.

Tejastrue
10-28-2011, 10:00 PM
Trade Hamilton for some pitching.

I feel bad that some of you wasted your time watching the game when you absolutely knew 100% that it was going to end up like this.

Give me a break... you have no remorse...this was never a waste of time...

Emerson1
10-28-2011, 10:03 PM
One freakin strike.

Roughneck93
10-28-2011, 10:04 PM
Damn, I just turned on the tv and see the Cards celebrating. :(

hollywood
10-28-2011, 10:05 PM
Unbelievable. No other words.

Emerson1
10-28-2011, 10:08 PM
Damn, I just turned on the tv and see the Cards celebrating. :(
I changed the channel and all 3 I went to were showing highlights. Had to go to my recording and watch the highlights of the NBA finals.

Bullaholic
10-28-2011, 10:14 PM
A real heartbreaker series for the Rangers. Nice season Rangers, and congrats to the Cards---they literally snatched victory from the jaws of defeat last night and deserve all the credit in the world.

41 walks for a Series record by the Rangers just doomed them. They will be back.

Old Tiger
10-28-2011, 10:33 PM
boo freaking hoo....nobody cares if they rangers win....nobody cares if they lose.

Tin Cup
10-28-2011, 10:39 PM
I wish we would have gotten it done but it just didn't happen. Every year there's a winner and every year there's a loser. After losing it twice in a row, winning it will be that much sweeter. I hope it happens for our players and their families bc you know they want it more than anything.

BaseballUmp
10-28-2011, 10:41 PM
157 days until Opening Day! Go Red Sox!

bobcat1
10-28-2011, 11:12 PM
Rangers are playing badly but it sure seems like the ump has two different strike zones tonight. Not whining, just sayin.Try this on for size. Saw it on another site:

If the World Series advances to a Game 7, 23-year veteran Jerry Layne will be the plate umpire again. Layne also had the plate for the Series opener, which St. Louis won at 3-2.

In the last five years, including the Series opener, St. Louis is 8-1 with a 2.00 ERA when Layne works the plate. In the same span, the Rangers are 1-6 with a 5.40 ERA.

Left-hander Matt Harrison, the scheduled Rangers' starter for a Game 7, is 0-1 with a 12.71 ERA for 5 2/3 innings in two appearances with Layne working the plate.

Maroon87
10-29-2011, 01:02 AM
Try this on for size. Saw it on another site:

If the World Series advances to a Game 7, 23-year veteran Jerry Layne will be the plate umpire again. Layne also had the plate for the Series opener, which St. Louis won at 3-2.

In the last five years, including the Series opener, St. Louis is 8-1 with a 2.00 ERA when Layne works the plate. In the same span, the Rangers are 1-6 with a 5.40 ERA.

Left-hander Matt Harrison, the scheduled Rangers' starter for a Game 7, is 0-1 with a 12.71 ERA for 5 2/3 innings in two appearances with Layne working the plate.

So Jerry Layne is the Danny Crawford of the MLB? Jerry Layne didn't misplay a routine fly ball into a series-changing triple in game 6. Try another excuse.

Tin Cup
10-29-2011, 07:21 AM
Cruz definitely could/should have caught it but it was far from routine.

A tight strike zone benefits the better pitcher. There is little doubt Carp was the best pitcher in the series.

bobcat1
10-29-2011, 08:52 AM
So Jerry Layne is the Danny Crawford of the MLB? Jerry Layne didn't misplay a routine fly ball into a series-changing triple in game 6. Try another excuse.No excuse.... just facts. Truth is truth. Should they and could they have won anyway? Yes and Cruz wasn't the only culprit in Game 6. Try Andrus throwing to 1st instead of pitching to 2nd. Try Neftali walking the tying runs on base in the first place. Try Michael Young's 2 errors extending innings for them. So Jerry Layne wasn't the reason but the Cards didn't need his help. They were getting enough from our defense and pitching.