PDA

View Full Version : DirecTV to drop Fox 26 in Houston

ExScoop
10-26-2011, 05:54 AM
Has anyone that watches Fox 26 in Houston on Direct TV heard they be dropped by DirecTV?

Been hearing in on that station on spots for two we weeks already

They say only Dish Network and one other will have the stations

They broadcast Rockets and Astros games They also have a lot of other good programing

It will be hard living without the station if they drop it

HEMOTOXIC
10-26-2011, 05:57 AM
I've never seen a Rockets game on Fox26... An Astros game only when it is a national televised game. Are you sure you aren't confusing Fox 26 with FoxHouston?

Emerson1
10-26-2011, 07:33 AM
Pretty sure DirecTV is dropping all Fox affiliates(Fox, FSSW, FX ect) because there is a contract dispute. Happened with Fox and Dish Network last year.

Txbroadcaster
10-26-2011, 07:37 AM
yea this is a typical ploy by channels and providers..funny how now Fox is telling people to go Dish, when last time they were saying go direct LOL

Pendragon13
10-26-2011, 09:32 AM
I wouldn't worry about it...if they do actually drop the Fox channels it won't be for very long. Fox can't afford to eliminate a large segment of one of the largest tv markets in the nation...and Directtv can't afford a mass exodus to Dish or cable.

Manso/V8
10-26-2011, 09:49 AM
You can alway get an antenna to watch channel 26......even if you live far away, the HD channels come in real clear if you can get any kind of signal at all. We dropped satellite for a while after moving in to a new house, and I would have to say life was better without the hundreds of TV channels.....my wife disagreed, we are back on the satellite. She didn't enjoy my idea of substitute entertainment as much as I did.....

ExScoop
10-26-2011, 10:40 AM
We've had DirecTV since we moved from Wharton to Hungerford almost 11 years already-Had basic cable in Wharton

Ranger Mom
10-26-2011, 11:32 AM
Pretty sure DirecTV is dropping all Fox affiliates(Fox, FSSW, FX ect) because there is a contract dispute. Happened with Fox and Dish Network last year.

It is! My sister-in-law has already called DirecTV and told them if this happens she will be moving to Dish.

SintonFan
10-26-2011, 11:35 AM
You can alway get an antenna to watch channel 26......even if you live far away, the HD channels come in real clear if you can get any kind of signal at all. We dropped satellite for a while after moving in to a new house, and I would have to say life was better without the hundreds of TV channels.....my wife disagreed, we are back on the satellite. She didn't enjoy my idea of substitute entertainment as much as I did.....

LOL:2thumbsup

Emerson1
10-26-2011, 11:36 AM
It's on Fox. They want DTV to pay 40% more per subscriber for their channels.

Yoe_09
10-26-2011, 12:58 PM
Wow, we have been with DirecTv for a long time now but this is something that has to be worked out. Cutoff date appears to be Nov. 1st.