PDA

View Full Version : Burnet Flame-out

LHdog
10-24-2011, 03:38 PM
How have the mighty fallen. Currently 0-3 in district and 3-5 overall, out of the playoffs and staring at a 4-6 season. Burnet was a pre-season district favorite but has lost 10-15 players from the varsity due to injury, grades, etc. To bad to see a proud program suffering but they should be back strong in a couple of years as they have excellent talent coming up.

ExScoop
10-24-2011, 04:11 PM
Remember going see Wharton play Burnet in 2002-2003 in regional playoff games
One time was played in Round Rock on a Saturday afternoon

Burnet won the games by 42-7 and 70-37 scores

pirate4state
10-24-2011, 04:22 PM
Remember going see Wharton play Burnet in 2002-2003 in regional playoff games
One time was played in Round Rock on a Saturday afternoon

Burnet won the games by 42-7 and 70-37 scores

Saw Mcgee to Shipley destroy Wharton in Victoria. Good times.

LH Panther Mom
10-24-2011, 05:31 PM
Saw Mcgee to Shipley destroy Wharton in Victoria. Good times.
Saw them up close & personal too many times. :ack!: They destroyed just about everyone...until State.

BLEEDZGREEN
10-25-2011, 07:28 AM
Burnet has had so many injuries this year we started with 32 players & now only have 23 boys that suited up against Taylor and that's with bringing up a couple more boys from JV, when the kids came out the locker room to get ready to run thru the tunnel I turned around and asked was that it?!
The kids left and a lot of the younger players are still playing hard. It's hard to get anything rolling when every week your losing 1-2 starters every week, last week was the 1st week somebody didn't get hurt.
There are some other things going on with this years team that I would rather not share until the season is over.

OLE'BULL
10-25-2011, 07:49 AM
Saw them up close & personal too many times. :ack!: They destroyed just about everyone...until State.

Not in 2001 ;) But then again, McGee/Shipley were only sophmores...

NastySlot
10-25-2011, 08:02 AM
Not in 2001 ;) But then again, McGee/Shipley were only sophmores...

talking about about a bellville/burnet matchup at Dragon stadium in Round Rock.

greendawg84
10-25-2011, 08:26 AM
They dont seem to be held to the same level by the coaching staff as they used to be. The talent level is down some , they are small , they are slow ( except for Bleedz boy and he can flat fly ) our line probably averages 170 or so ( in real life not as listed in program make beleive life ) ( so bleedz boy aint got no blocking ) . List goes on but we didnt even know who was on the punt team against Salado , these are things that should be worked out by district. All these things add up to a 500 season. And I will say if for Bleedz , POLITICS .

LHHS_Mom
10-25-2011, 08:46 AM
Burnet has had so many injuries this year we started with 32 players & now only have 23 boys that suited up against Taylor and that's with bringing up a couple more boys from JV, when the kids came out the locker room to get ready to run thru the tunnel I turned around and asked was that it?!
The kids left and a lot of the younger players are still playing hard. It's hard to get anything rolling when every week your losing 1-2 starters every week, last week was the 1st week somebody didn't get hurt.
There are some other things going on with this years team that I would rather not share until the season is over.

Every team goes through a growth process. There are going to be some refining/defining years and some years that it all comes together delightfully well. Keep cheering your son on because those are the memories that will be priceless for him.

That is what makes football an exciting game. :)

It is hard to see my son that has Heart for football on the sidelines due to injury, yet those are the decisions that have to be made.

Greendawg... I am sure there are politics galore for any football team. :ack!:

BLEEDZGREEN
10-25-2011, 09:04 AM
Yeah a growth process would be fine but injuries are a whole nother animal by itself like I said before it's hard to come together when kids are dropping like flies every week.
I still cheer as loud as I can for the whole team not just my son, I have been enjoying every minute & every down this year. Some kids this year packed it in early and that's sad to say about Burnet.

LHHS_Mom
10-25-2011, 09:17 AM
Yeah a growth process would be fine but injuries are a whole nother animal by itself like I said before it's hard to come together when kids are dropping like flies every week.
I still cheer as loud as I can for the whole team not just my son, I have been enjoying every minute & every down this year. Some kids this year packed it in early and that's sad to say about Burnet.

That could be a part of the Politics that go on. :eek:

Like you and with my son assisting from the sidelines, I cheer the team on loud and proud every week. :D

Trench Warrior
10-25-2011, 09:21 AM
If I had not read the title, I would have thought that you guys were talking about Bandera. It is hard to watch good programs and GREAT kids go through tough times.

BLEEDZGREEN
10-25-2011, 09:35 AM
Thanks Greendawg! Here is some of his highlights, a shame they won't get to go to the playoffs oh well that's football for you.
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/484434/demone-belmarez?public=1

cookiemonster
11-02-2011, 10:00 PM

What do you mean by other things going on?

SHSBulldog00
11-02-2011, 10:06 PM
This goes for all parents. Enjoy watching your children play because it is something you will treasure for the rest of your life as well as theirs.

Tx Challenge
11-02-2011, 11:39 PM
Wow LHdawg. Never seen you so humble. Do you still have family on the Burnet coaching staff? Should be a great game. Rivalry aside. LH rolls...

How have the mighty fallen. Currently 0-3 in district and 3-5 overall, out of the playoffs and staring at a 4-6 season. Burnet was a pre-season district favorite but has lost 10-15 players from the varsity due to injury, grades, etc. To bad to see a proud program suffering but they should be back strong in a couple of years as they have excellent talent coming up.af

bulldog82
11-03-2011, 12:05 AM
If I had not read the title, I would have thought that you guys were talking about Bandera. It is hard to watch good programs and GREAT kids go through tough times.

Thats what i was thinking! But still, ive made every game, and don't even have a kid playing right now.