PDA

View Full Version : Celina Playoff Road...

Bullaholic
10-24-2011, 03:07 PM
Somebody please project Celina's most likely playoff path at this point....

Matthew328
10-24-2011, 03:29 PM
Sanger Rd 1

Lovejoy probably Rd 2

Henderson or Lindale Rd 3

Bullaholic
10-24-2011, 03:50 PM
Sanger Rd 1

Lovejoy probably Rd 2

Henderson or Lindale Rd 3

Dang---afraid of that---sure was hoping for Brownwood or Prosper, which are probably both going D2---would have been lots of chatter on here....Thanks, Matthew.

bigwood33
10-24-2011, 04:04 PM
Maybe the Alvarado folks can round up some friends as it looks like they are the best D1 team (probably best period) team in Region 1. If the Bobcats get to the Semi- Finals, that looks to be the most likely matchup although I will say, never "throw dirt" on Wylie. Coach Sandifer knows how to get his team ready for the playoffs. Either way, we could have some nice chatter between the "Orange" faithful and either group.

toddg
10-25-2011, 10:54 PM
Maybe the Alvarado folks can round up some friends as it looks like they are the best D1 team (probably best period) team in Region 1. If the Bobcats get to the Semi- Finals, that looks to be the most likely matchup although I will say, never "throw dirt" on Wylie. Coach Sandifer knows how to get his team ready for the playoffs. Either way, we could have some nice chatter between the "Orange" faithful and either group.

i concur with the never "throw dirt" on Wylie!

DavidWooderson
10-25-2011, 11:02 PM
If they go big school it'll be 1 and done, Argyle round 1

Matthew328
10-26-2011, 05:57 AM
Sanger is larger than Argyle

bigwood33
10-26-2011, 06:27 AM
If they go big school it'll be 1 and done, Argyle round 1
???
Celina WILL go D1 since they have the highest enrollment in the district and Argyle WILL NOT go D1 since they have the 3rd highest enrollment behind Sanger and Gainesville.

IndianFan2012
10-26-2011, 12:51 PM
Round 4 they're sure to get the spear.

Bullaholic
10-26-2011, 12:53 PM
Round 4 they're sure to get the spear.

I hope that happens---would be a good game. Has Alvarado ever played Celina?

toddg
10-26-2011, 02:55 PM
I hope that happens---would be a good game. Has Alvarado ever played Celina?

no..these two teams have never met.

BILLYFRED0000
10-27-2011, 07:49 AM
no..these two teams have never met.

That would be cool. love to play alvarado. but we have to get there first and it is a long and rocky road. Still putting pieces together right now. Freshman QB seems to be stepping it up nicely but we need to recover a couple of injured. Looks like we still wait and see.

IndianFan2012
10-27-2011, 10:12 AM
That would be cool. love to play alvarado. but we have to get there first and it is a long and rocky road. Still putting pieces together right now. Freshman QB seems to be stepping it up nicely but we need to recover a couple of injured. Looks like we still wait and see.

Sorry to hear about your injuries... We've only had one knee injury on our starting center but hen was back the very next game. See ya round 4! I'm sure we'll see you round 4.

MGAR
10-27-2011, 12:40 PM
See ya round 4! I'm sure we'll see you round 4.

I know it's snowing out there in the Region I area but that doesn't mean hell has frozen over.

IndianFan2012
10-27-2011, 09:30 PM
I know it's snowing out there in the Region I area but that doesn't mean hell has frozen over.

Are you doubting Celina or A-Town?

toddg
10-29-2011, 03:35 PM
looks like Alvarado has same path as last year to semis, MW-AW-LCooper....of course that could change....now the opponent in the semi is the hard one..it could be Celina, Henderson, or Lindale..all three are really,really good teams...henderson and lindale will probably meet in 2nd round with winner playing, more than likely, celina in the 3rd.
its safe to say the semi game will be a close, tense, hard fought battle to say the least! with the winner probably facing Tyler Chapel Hill in the final.

Buckeye80
10-30-2011, 10:33 AM
Is there a reason no one is mentioning the possible undefeated match-up between Sanger and Celina in round one? Is Sanger horribly overrated? Do they have a weak schedule or something? I don't know anything about either. Just curious.

bobcat1
10-30-2011, 11:10 AM
Is there a reason no one is mentioning the possible undefeated match-up between Sanger and Celina in round one? Is Sanger horribly overrated? Do they have a weak schedule or something? I don't know anything about either. Just curious.There is a reason but it is best to let sleeping dogs lie.

bigwood33
10-30-2011, 12:21 PM
Is there a reason no one is mentioning the possible undefeated match-up between Sanger and Celina in round one? Is Sanger horribly overrated? Do they have a weak schedule or something? I don't know anything about either. Just curious.
We should have beaten Sanger...not kidding.

orange machine
10-30-2011, 12:38 PM
I for one am not looking over Sanger Im not sold that Celina can beat them. What scares me is Celina has not played with much fire or consistency in my opinion since they played Paris. I expect Celina to beat Sanger but wouldn't be surprised if Sanger got some pay back this year.

Buckeye80
10-30-2011, 12:49 PM
There is a reason but it is best to let sleeping dogs lie.
Fair enough.;)

Leopard4Life
10-30-2011, 01:15 PM

I think everybody is waiting to see Argyle match-up. Sanger hasn't played anyone yet so it is hard to judge what will happen when they face some playoff caliber competition.

toddg
10-30-2011, 03:02 PM
Sanger was undefeated last year going into the reg season finale' with Argyle..albeit they look stronger this year..

bigwood33
10-30-2011, 06:41 PM
they look stronger this year..
They aren't. Having seen them the last 4 years it is my opinion that this year...they play no defense and last year they played a little. The were better last year.

tres beauties
10-31-2011, 08:19 AM
It makes me nervous when people start projecting play-off pairings two and three rounds down the road. You have to play one game at a time. If memory serves me, Alvarado wasn't supposed to go as far as they did last year and getting back to that point is no guarantee. Too many things can happen. As cliche as it sounds, play 'em one at a time!

partimefan
10-31-2011, 04:01 PM
They aren't. Having seen them the last 4 years it is my opinion that this year...they play no defense and last year they played a little. The were better last year.

Sanger played worst game of the year against your Bearcats. Defense fell flat. Just sayin you might not want to judge by one game.

(Now, do you know who I am Big E?):wave:

partimefan
10-31-2011, 04:04 PM
Sanger/Argyle game means nothing.

Win or lose it will be Celina vs Sanger round 1.

Bullaholic
10-31-2011, 04:09 PM
It makes me nervous when people start projecting play-off pairings two and three rounds down the road. You have to play one game at a time. If memory serves me, Alvarado wasn't supposed to go as far as they did last year and getting back to that point is no guarantee. Too many things can happen. As cliche as it sounds, play 'em one at a time!

Of course, your conventional wisdom is correct, tres---but for me, a big part of the fun is handicaping (not for betting purposes) the teams before they play the games as sort of a test of my "feel" for Texas highschool football. Of course, when the games are actually played---I find out how much I don't know, and applaud the efforts of the winners plus have respect for the losers who did their best.

bigwood33
10-31-2011, 04:14 PM
Sanger played worst game of the year against your Bearcats. Defense fell flat. Just sayin you might not want to judge by one game.

(Now, do you know who I am Big E?):wave:
I would say their worst game was against Aubrey...or maybe Princeton. It might just be that our matchup was pretty even... We'll see, won't we.
Sorry, still not sure.

WildTexan972
10-31-2011, 04:28 PM

Alvarado should make the semi's...there is no high powered team out west in the D1 bracket other than them....there is easily 5 teams in Region 2 D1 that could win the Region 1 bracket if they were there rather than Alvarado....I would be willing to bet Lubbock Cooper (the region finalist from last year and probable same spot finish this year) could not beat a single team in the Region2 D1 bracket.....but then that is how it often is out there.....

Dr Death
12-08-2011, 10:53 AM
Love seeing the briliance of some of these projections.
Argyle one and done....

Matthew328
12-08-2011, 01:04 PM
That guy was saying if Celina played Argyle, Celina would be one and done

BILLYFRED0000
12-08-2011, 01:22 PM
yeah matt that probably would be true. Argyle is tough.