PDA

View Full Version : Any Veterinarians on the board?

Gsquared
10-24-2011, 12:00 PM
Found four baby cotton tails in a hole in my back yard. Looks like the momma covered them up with some of her fur. I know I should let nature take its course but if I dont do something I think im gonna come home and find four baby cotton tails in a basket or shoebox in my house. Mrs. Squared thinks she can save the animal world. Question is, if I were to re-located them, can momma find them? If all else fails and she does bring them in the house, feed them what thru an eye dropper or what?

ronwx5x
10-24-2011, 12:51 PM
I'm not a vet but it seems like letting nature it's course is the best way. Why in the world did you tell Mrs. Squared about them? It sounds almost like you have a death wish!

Gsquared
10-24-2011, 12:58 PM
I'm not a vet but it seems like letting nature it's course is the best way. Why in the world did you tell Mrs. Squared about them? It sounds almost like you have a death wish!
Yeah, that was mistake number one for sure!!!

BullBoy
10-24-2011, 01:15 PM
I found this on some website

"If you come across a nest of bunnies in the wild and the mother is no where to be seen, please DO NOT disturb them...this is normal. By removing them from the nest you are greatly reducing their chances of survival.

If your dog disturbs a nest or you find a wild bunny with its eyes open, please put him back if not injured. Mom will be coming back at night to call and feed him only once in the middle of the night. Do not take the bunny inside or feed him. That is the mom's job. IT IS A MATTER OF HIS/HER SURVIVAL AND UP TO US AS HUMANS TO LEAVE NATURE BE AND LET THE MOM CARE FOR HER YOUNG. We often hear of mothers moving their babies and their nests, and have seen moms come back every night for up to a week to look for her missing baby. Do not take the baby from the mom or she will be frantic."

Old LB
10-24-2011, 01:18 PM
G2 must be loosing his touch, I was waiting for this to turn into a rabbit stew and Shiner thread. :)

Gsquared
10-24-2011, 01:21 PM
G2 must be loosing his touch, I was waiting for this to turn into a rabbit stew and Shiner thread. :)
Hmmm, this actually solves two problems I have. I could get rid of the rabbits AND nurish myself.