PDA

View Full Version : Region III Week 9 GotW: Smithville Vs. Navasota

rattler55G
10-22-2011, 12:01 PM
Both teams are undefeated in district in 3 games. This will be a game to see. Who comes out on time?

gambler1606
10-22-2011, 12:24 PM
Both teams are undefeated in district in 3 games. This will be a game to see. Who comes out on time? My Pick, Nasty in a big way!!! Does Smithville have the same Coach, that has been there for years?

trojandad
10-22-2011, 12:32 PM
ive shorted smithville all year....i still think navasota will take this, but smithville has earned enough respect to believe they can make it close or worse if the snakes have another lg night....

OldNavy
10-22-2011, 12:36 PM
Both teams are undefeated in district in 3 games. This will be a game to see. Who comes out on time?

Don' both teams have to be on time? :wave:

HEMOTOXIC
10-22-2011, 01:34 PM
I have been saying it, Smithville is the team to watch.

Do I believe that they can beat Navasota? Yes. Any team can win on any given night. Do I believe that the Tigers will beat Navasota? No. Some are still doubting the Rattlers and the Tigers as both have something to prove. I am happy to see that Smithville is on the verge of getting into the playoffs, but, it will not come at the expense of Navasota.

Rattler stadium, district championship on the line, respect, district supremacy. Give me the Rattlers!

I expect a good game and hope that it turns out to be a dandy. If, and I repeat, if Navasota plays their two top backs, I like Navasota by atleast 14.

HEMOTOXIC
10-22-2011, 01:40 PM
Smithville Tigers 7-0 (3-0)

(2A) Lexington W 27-21
Wharton W 43-12
Wimberley CANCELLED
Needville W 69-0
Columbus W 23-17
Caldwell* W 46-7
Rockdale* W 21-14
Giddings* W 24-21

Navasota Rattlers 7-1 (3-0)

Madisonville W 40-7
(4A) Willis L 35-28
(4A) Rudder W 31-7
(2A) Cameron Yoe W 42-21
Wharton W 54-0
Rockdale* W 53-14
La Grange* W 27-26 OT
Caldwell* W 52-14

duckhunter
10-22-2011, 07:59 PM
Smithville Tigers 7-0 (3-0)

(2A) Lexington W 27-21
Wharton W 43-12
Wimberley CANCELLED
Needville W 69-0
Columbus W 23-17
Caldwell* W 46-7
Rockdale* W 21-14
Giddings* W 24-21

Navasota Rattlers 7-1 (3-0)

Madisonville W 40-7
(4A) Willis L 35-28
(4A) Rudder W 31-7
(2A) Cameron Yoe W 42-21
Wharton W 54-0
Rockdale* W 53-14
La Grange* W 27-26 OT
Caldwell* W 52-14

should be a dandy come Friday as the game is for the district championship. Who would ever thought the Smithville Tigers would be in position to win the district crown, much less a playoff spot........weatherman also predicting boderline duck hunting weather for Friday night

ExScoop
10-22-2011, 08:04 PM
Have to pick the Rattlers at home

HEMOTOXIC
10-22-2011, 08:08 PM
should be a dandy come Friday as the game is for the district championship. Who would ever thought the Smithville Tigers would be in position to win the district crown, much less a playoff spot........weatherman also predicting boderline duck hunting weather for Friday night

Yes, high for Friday is forecasted to be in the 60s and a low in the 40s.

HEMOTOXIC
10-23-2011, 09:38 AM
ttt.

defense51
10-23-2011, 11:04 AM
Don' both teams have to be on time? :wave:

I predict that the team that shows up on time will win!

duckhunter
10-23-2011, 12:47 PM
what is the deal with the folks in Navasota who set up their bbq pit up in the top right hand corner of the home parking? sure smelt good last time I was at the snake pit. I was very disappointed they did not offer me a free sample as I walked past them

Pudlugger
10-23-2011, 06:27 PM
what is the deal with the folks in Navasota who set up their bbq pit up in the top right hand corner of the home parking? sure smelt good last time I was at the snake pit. I was very disappointed they did not offer me a free sample as I walked past them
Maybe if you could pop for a couple of bucks to support the team you would get a wrap. Jeezze.:ack!:

duckhunter
10-23-2011, 08:08 PM
Maybe if you could pop for a couple of bucks to support the team you would get a wrap. Jeezze.:ack!:

isn't gracing them with my presence enough?:thumbsup:

gameface
10-24-2011, 07:06 AM
Tigers will get snakebit by 7. Venom level trumps Tiger bite-should be a good fight 1st 1/2, then Navasota prevails!

jrhernandez7
10-24-2011, 07:14 AM
smithville magical season continues and now has a chance to win district 23. the tigers are the Cinderella story of all h.s football!! its David vs Goliath. and for all the marbles!!! things are about to get real interesting! !!

hollywood
10-24-2011, 09:11 AM
Smithville hasn't failed me yet this season. But I think they will finally be pushed to the limit with adversity like they haven't seen all year. With that said, I still think they believe in themselves enough as a team and will find a way to pull off the upset for the DC.

Smithville by 3 in the Snakepit.

buff4ever
10-24-2011, 09:22 AM
This district has 4 teams more even than anyone ever thought. Giddings could have beat smithville, La Grange could have beat giddings and navasota. This game factors in hugely for the district championship, however doesn't decide it yet. Say Navasota wins, then gets beat by Giddings. If smithville beat la grange, 3way tie for dc. If La Grange beats smithville which I still think is possible, giddings and navasota tie with one loss and smithville and la grange tie with 2 losses, and La Grange goes with head to head. This district still has a lot to happen in 2 weeks, and is tighter across 4 spots than anyone thought.

Yoe_09
10-24-2011, 09:24 AM
Smithville:
26-Aug Lexington W 27-21
02-Sep @Wharton W 43-12
09-Sep Wimberley CANCELLED
16-Sep Needville W 69-0
30-Sep Columbus W 23-17
07-Oct Caldwell* W 46-7
14-Oct @Rockdale* W 21-14
21-Oct Giddings* W 24-21

Navasota:
26-Aug @Madisonville W 40-7
02-Sep @Willis L 35-28
09-Sep Rudder W 31-7
16-Sep @Cameron Yoe W 42-21
30-Sep Wharton W 54-0
07-Oct Rockdale* W 53-14
14-Oct La Grange* W 27-26
21-Oct @Caldwell* W 52-14

Thoughts?

buff4ever
10-24-2011, 09:25 AM
Just realized I had to eat crow for my 2000th post the other night. That sux, wouldn't have let that happen if I knew it before I posted it. I have had to eat crow twice in 2000 post, and one of them was my 2000th post. Messed up.

Smithville deserved it though. Still lots of football though, Navasota and LG can both beat smithville in my opinion, not taking anything away from smithville, just stating that we have some tough competition in this district.

jrhernandez7
10-24-2011, 09:41 AM
after seeing how emotionaly jacked up smithville was for giddings I am anxious to see how amped the tigers will be now a district title is on the line. confidence, swagger, and momentum are going the Tigers way. Navasota is big and fast, but the tigers are tough too!! I look for the tigers to fly around on the turf an play even faster than normal. I smell a nail bitter!!

duckhunter
10-24-2011, 09:53 AM
Smithville:
26-Aug Lexington W 27-21
02-Sep @Wharton W 43-12
09-Sep Wimberley CANCELLED
16-Sep Needville W 69-0
30-Sep Columbus W 23-17
07-Oct Caldwell* W 46-7
14-Oct @Rockdale* W 21-14
21-Oct Giddings* W 24-21

Navasota:
26-Aug @Madisonville W 40-7
02-Sep @Willis L 35-28
09-Sep Rudder W 31-7
16-Sep @Cameron Yoe W 42-21
30-Sep Wharton W 54-0
07-Oct Rockdale* W 53-14
14-Oct La Grange* W 27-26
21-Oct @Caldwell* W 52-14

Thoughts?

my thought is you need to merge threads with the one already started

HEMOTOXIC
10-24-2011, 09:53 AM
Smithville is a good team. However, I believe that Navasota will get back to what they did all year leading into district (i.e. Rockdale game, Wharton, etc). After Friday, many will be saying, what happened to Smithville?

I am putting it out there. Rattlers by 14 if not more. The boys are pumped for Friday! They will show Smithville what it is like to be on the big stage.

Go Snakes!

StangEm
10-24-2011, 10:02 AM
I realize it may be a long shot but I say Smithville wins in a tight game. Gotta give them some love for the season they are having, and as we all know, anything can happen on Friday night. Go get 'em Tigers!!

ChillPill
10-24-2011, 10:31 AM
Does Nav run the same style offense as last year?

HEMOTOXIC
10-24-2011, 10:43 AM
Does Nav run the same style offense as last year?

Yes, the spread.

Yoe_09
10-24-2011, 11:07 AM
my thought is you need to merge threads with the one already started

If I had that ability I would.

OldBison75
10-24-2011, 11:31 AM
This game is interesting for several reasons, and yes, the DC is among them. First, Navasota has tradition and experience n big games on their side. They are playing at home where they are pretty hard to beat by anybody but Cameron it seems. They have a high powered offense that can strike fast and often. Second, Smithville is the upstart that is playing with alot of confidence and has proven that they can play with the big boys and beat them. They have little history of top caliber games, but can change that with a win Friday night.

Asa Rattler fan, this game really worries me. The Rattlers have had a tendency to play these type games one of two ways. They either come out strong, build a lead, and then relax and leave the other team in the game to make for an exciting finish, which they sometimes lose. Or, they take on the challenge and come out firing on all cyllinders and never let up at all. Navasota has been really confusing the last few weeks. They have played without the services of their top two running backs, except for a few plays. There is not a really good sense of whether this is because of injuries, discipline, or any other reason. When they have played, they have been effective. The Rattlers are best when they have a strong running threat to balance the offense.

On the other hand, the Rattlers seem to have trouble with teams that can maintain a strong running game and Smithville has been able to do that this year. LaGrange showed that controlling the clock is the best way for an opposing team to keep the Rattler offense in check. If the Tigers can get that 3 yards and a cloud of dust offense in motion, they can be dangerous in this game.

Smithville is playing for respect and to prove they belong with the big boys in 3A. Navasota is playing the last home game for a group of seniors that have gone to repeat state quarterfinal appearances.

Here is what I expect to see:

Navasota has not opened the playbook all year to this point. They have at least six receivers that could start for any team in the state. They have played about six RB's this year so nobody has a ton of yards, but all are capable of a big night. The QB, Baker, has shown to be a very good field leader that can be unbelieveable in the passing game with accuracy and touch. He makes very few mistakes and is very good at finding the open receiver. I think that the Tigers are going to see the full playbook Friday and I am not sure that they have the speed to keep up. I believe that this years version of the Rattlers is a better team than the Rattlers last year, and that was a pretty good team.

Smithville will have some success with the running game, especially early on the game. I expect that the Rattlers will approach this game like a playoff contest and be fired up and ready. Fedora will have a game plan that will force the Tiger defense to have to put alot of pressure on Baker to have success. If the Tigers are forced to use more than the front seven for pass rushing, the secondary will not cover the Rattler receivers one on one.

jrhernandez7
10-24-2011, 11:47 AM
is their a place to tailgate in navasota?? I have a big smoker on a trailer and contemplating loading it up and taking it on the haul for the big game if it's permitted.

ChillPill
10-24-2011, 12:46 PM
What are the some offensive stats for Navasota?

Example:
Rush Yards
Pass Yards
Yards per game, etc...

HEMOTOXIC
10-24-2011, 12:55 PM
is their a place to tailgate in navasota?? I have a big smoker on a trailer and contemplating loading it up and taking it on the haul for the big game if it's permitted.

Yes, either side (home or visitors), you are welcomed to tailgate.

HEMOTOXIC
10-24-2011, 01:17 PM
This game is interesting for several reasons, and yes, the DC is among them. First, Navasota has tradition and experience n big games on their side. They are playing at home where they are pretty hard to beat by anybody but Cameron it seems. They have a high powered offense that can strike fast and often. Second, Smithville is the upstart that is playing with alot of confidence and has proven that they can play with the big boys and beat them. They have little history of top caliber games, but can change that with a win Friday night.

Asa Rattler fan, this game really worries me. The Rattlers have had a tendency to play these type games one of two ways. They either come out strong, build a lead, and then relax and leave the other team in the game to make for an exciting finish, which they sometimes lose. Or, they take on the challenge and come out firing on all cyllinders and never let up at all. Navasota has been really confusing the last few weeks. They have played without the services of their top two running backs, except for a few plays. There is not a really good sense of whether this is because of injuries, discipline, or any other reason. When they have played, they have been effective. The Rattlers are best when they have a strong running threat to balance the offense.

On the other hand, the Rattlers seem to have trouble with teams that can maintain a strong running game and Smithville has been able to do that this year. LaGrange showed that controlling the clock is the best way for an opposing team to keep the Rattler offense in check. If the Tigers can get that 3 yards and a cloud of dust offense in motion, they can be dangerous in this game.

Smithville is playing for respect and to prove they belong with the big boys in 3A. Navasota is playing the last home game for a group of seniors that have gone to repeat state quarterfinal appearances.

Here is what I expect to see:

Navasota has not opened the playbook all year to this point. They have at least six receivers that could start for any team in the state. They have played about six RB's this year so nobody has a ton of yards, but all are capable of a big night. The QB, Baker, has shown to be a very good field leader that can be unbelieveable in the passing game with accuracy and touch. He makes very few mistakes and is very good at finding the open receiver. I think that the Tigers are going to see the full playbook Friday and I am not sure that they have the speed to keep up. I believe that this years version of the Rattlers is a better team than the Rattlers last year, and that was a pretty good team.

Smithville will have some success with the running game, especially early on the game. I expect that the Rattlers will approach this game like a playoff contest and be fired up and ready. Fedora will have a game plan that will force the Tiger defense to have to put alot of pressure on Baker to have success. If the Tigers are forced to use more than the front seven for pass rushing, the secondary will not cover the Rattler receivers one on one.

Very well put. Fedora will have to use his two best backs, period.

HEMOTOXIC
10-24-2011, 01:19 PM
What are the some offensive stats for Navasota?

Example:
Rush Yards
Pass Yards
Yards per game, etc...

I will have to do some work to get that info... Team is avg. 41 pts per game and giving up 15.5 pts per game.

buff4ever
10-24-2011, 02:27 PM
Any word on the Smithville RB, is he okay, or has be been cleared to play yet? I hope he is doing well. That was quite the explosion he and our LB Haas had at the line of scrimmage.

If he isn't cleared to play this week due to concussion if he had one, then Navasota should win for sure, if he can play, this game could be very interesting.

ChillPill
10-24-2011, 02:40 PM
I will have to do some work to get that info... Team is avg. 41 pts per game and giving up 15.5 pts per game.

Thanks Tox, any other stats you can come up with would be greatly appreciated. I love me some stats.

Yoe_09
10-24-2011, 07:27 PM
ttt.

gameface
10-24-2011, 07:33 PM
I'm not sure if Tiger RB #4 will be healthy to play-likely 50/50. Quite feeling in the air/under the radar regarding this topic. Snake venom too high of level to solidify victory! Tigers tattoed with first loss in the pit by 7.

buff4ever
10-25-2011, 12:32 PM
Word I am getting around here is that the Smithville RB did suffer a concussion. This will likely leave him on the sideline this week, and I don't think Smithville can play with Navasota w/o him.

Tough week for Smithville, game against LG will be big.

duckhunter
10-25-2011, 01:47 PM
Word I am getting around here is that the Smithville RB did suffer a concussion. This will likely leave him on the sideline this week, and I don't think Smithville can play with Navasota w/o him.

considering he doesn't even carry the ball half as much as their leading rusher their offense shouldn't drop off that much, if any. he is big for special teams, but after all he's done already this year any smart team wouldnt kick to him anyway. we shall see what happens on friday

hookandladder
10-25-2011, 03:24 PM

If he did suffer a concussion it could possibly keep him out two games, we have one player coming back this week after a concussion and he was out two weeks.

87 TIGER
10-25-2011, 03:47 PM
Navasota 42
Smithville 21

Pudlugger
10-25-2011, 05:27 PM
If he did suffer a concussion it could possibly keep him out two games, we have one player coming back this week after a concussion and he was out two weeks.

You are correct Hook. If a player suffers a concussion the medical recommendation is a minimum of 2 weeks rest meaning no football. The risk of post concussion syndrome is too great to take by putting a kid in after too short a rest. It can be fatal. No coach or AD would allow that and put themselves up for the potential liability should something go wrong. If this young man had a concussion and it certainly seems to be the case he will miss two football games.

jrhernandez7
10-25-2011, 05:45 PM
considering he doesn't even carry the ball half as much as their leading rusher their offense shouldn't drop off that much, if any. he is big for special teams, but after all he's done already this year any smart team wouldnt kick to him anyway. we shall see what happens on friday
+1. 100% agree ,

Idk where ppl are getting there info but I haven't heard any news on a concussion or #4 missing, but i just show up on Friday nights. but if he is out the position smithville could afford a injury is at RB as the tigers are legitimately 4 deep and all can run the rock.

HEMOTOXIC
10-25-2011, 05:53 PM
+1. 100% agree ,

Idk where ppl are getting there info but I haven't heard any news on a concussion or #4 missing, but i just show up on Friday nights. but if he is out the position smithville could afford a injury is at RB as the tigers are legitimately 4 deep and all can run the rock.

Hopefully he is ok and will be ready to go. I want Smithville's best on the field.

Pudlugger
10-25-2011, 05:54 PM
The Leps had #55 an offensive lineman out of the game Friday with a probable concussion. I doubt he'll play the next two games either. This has been a big issue in the UIL over the past few years. Best to play it safe. The Leps have good depth this year in the o line and will be fine.

jrhernandez7
10-25-2011, 06:00 PM
Hopefully he is ok and will be ready to go. I want Smithville's best on the field.

Smithville will be at full strength Friday night. Idk where this concussion stuff started but I was hearing he just had the wind knocked out him. but that's just what I was hearing. never heard the word concussion at all anywhere this weekend.

HEMOTOXIC
10-25-2011, 06:03 PM
http://bastropadvertiser.com/2011/10/25/who-has-the-edge-smithville-at-navasota/

Who has the edge? Smithville at Navasota

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 | Michael Adams

WHO HAS THE EDGE?
SMITHVILLE AT NAVASOTA
at Navasota Rattler Stadium, Navasota (7:30 p.m., Friday)
Records: Class 3A Smithville is 7-0, 3-0. Class 3A Navasota 7-1, 3-0
Last week: Smithville def. Giddings 24-21. Navasota def. Caldwell 52-14
Last meeting: Navasota def. Smithville 57-14 (2010)

BREAKDOWN

Offense
Navasota has the best offense in District 23-3A, averaging 439.1 yards and 40.8 points per game while Smithville has the fourth lowest scoring offense in the district (13 PPG), but is third in total offense. QB Kadarius Baker has 2,003 yards passing with 27 touchdowns. Advantage: Navasota

Defense
The Rattlers have not faced a defense like Smithville’s, which ranks second in the district in team defense, giving up 234.4 yards per game and has allowed the fewest total points (92). The Tigers also have the best pass defense in the district, which is key going up against a QB like Baker. Advantage: Smithville

Intangibles
Smithville is the underdog in a game that will likely determine the District 23-3A Championship. It’s a role Smithville has played all season. The Tigers would not only clinch a share of the district title with a win Friday, but will also clinch a playoff berth for the first time since 1989. Advantage: Smithville

Overall
Navasota has home field advantage and was one of the favorites in Class 3A to win a state title in December. Smithville’s difference maker might be junior Gray Morris, who leads the district in kick returns, averaging 42.8 yards per return. On paper, this looks like Navasota has the slight edge. Advantage: Navasota

Pudlugger
10-25-2011, 06:14 PM
For more information on UIL Concussion rules see:

http://www.uiltexas.org/health/info/concussions

lbjacj
10-25-2011, 08:00 PM
I really wish Smithville's game with Wimberley would've been played. That would have told us a lot about just how good the Tigers are. I hope Smithville wins but figure the snakes take this big game at home.

Coach BS
10-25-2011, 10:39 PM
Navasota will win this game big 21+ sorry tigers storybook season will not go undefeated

fungo
10-26-2011, 12:58 AM
If Navasota wins, Smithville could end up sitting at home with a 7-2 record. La Grange could win out and be in the playoffs with a 4-6 record by beating Smithville by 4 or more points. Looking for an interesting last two weeks of the regular season.

hookandladder
10-26-2011, 05:40 AM
The Leps had #55 an offensive lineman out of the game Friday with a probable concussion. I doubt he'll play the next two games either. This has been a big issue in the UIL over the past few years. Best to play it safe. The Leps have good depth this year in the o line and will be fine.

Hey Pud, Leps #55 did not have a concussion and he was back at practice already to go. Leps will be back at full strength this week, all players are healthy and ready for the final regular season run at the playoffs.

Pudlugger
10-26-2011, 06:51 AM
Hey Pud, Leps #55 did not have a concussion and he was back at practice already to go. Leps will be back at full strength this week, all players are healthy and ready for the final regular season run at the playoffs.

Hook, that is good news. He looked pretty woosey(sp?) walking off the field. Was the injury a stinger or did he just have the wind knocked out? Whatever it was, it is always good to know your guys are alright. Go Leps!

Pudlugger
10-26-2011, 06:56 AM
If Navasota wins, Smithville could end up sitting at home with a 7-2 record. La Grange could win out and be in the playoffs with a 4-6 record by beating Smithville by 4 or more points. Looking for an interesting last two weeks of the regular season.

There are several scenarios regarding the play off picture in 23AAA depending on how the Leps end the district play, how Giddings does against Rockdale and Navasota and how Smithville does against Navasota and La Grange. Could be a 4 way tie for 2nd, three way tie for 3rd or 2 way tie for 3rd. We will know much more after Friday night. Hold on to your hats folks it is getting pretty rough out there.

jrhernandez7
10-26-2011, 08:16 AM
my keys to the game for Smithville : We have to play physical on both sides of the ball witch has been the tigers calling card all season . The Rattlers have not played a team in district yet with our smash mouth style and we really have to be ready for a fight. Our D has to swarm and wrap up. We have to get a pass rush and force bad throws. The offense has to play ball control but not be afraid to take shots down field. Tigers Have to establish long drives early and keep the rattlers offense on the sidelines. Smithville proved against Giddings they can play with anybody in the state . & If they come out with the same intensity they had last week they will be in this game to the end. If they do these things the tigers will be going to Navasota with the anti- venom in there back pocket. go get em Tigers!

jrhernandez7
10-26-2011, 08:41 AM
my keys to the game for Smithville : We have to play physical on both sides of the ball witch has been the tigers calling card all season . The Rattlers have not played a team in district yet with our smash mouth style and we really have to be ready for a fight. Our D has to swarm and wrap up. We have to get a pass rush and force bad throws. The offense has to play ball control but not be afraid to take shots down field. Tigers Have to establish long drives early and keep the rattlers offense on the sidelines. Smithville proved against Giddings they can play with anybody in the state . & If they come out with the same intensity they had last week they will be in this game to the end. If they do these things the tigers will be going to Navasota with the anti- venom in there back pocket. go get em Tigers!

HEMOTOXIC
10-26-2011, 09:11 AM

I hear you. Do you think that Smithville has played anyone as good as Navasota? Anyone as fast as Navasota on both sides of the ball?

I'm just trying to get a feel from you of who you think Smithville is playing. BTW, Willis is a very good team that I am sure is a better team than Smithville. With that said, Smithville/Navasota will be about matchups. I feel that Navasota does matchup with Smithville. The better question is does Smithville matchup well with Navasota? Overall, Navasota has the better atheletes. I know that Navasota has the potential to be a very good team when ALL players are playing.

Good Luck!

jrhernandez7
10-26-2011, 09:33 AM
I hear you. Do you think that Smithville has played anyone as good as Navasota

Good Luck!
Will the verdict on that has still yet to be seen, as we played giddings. who is also loaded and the rattlers have not. There is no doubt Navasota is a great team with super athletes. I think Smithville has the "it " factor. They are playing with a tenacious attitude and play for each other and the whole bastrop county community. At the high School level I take "Will over Skill " any day. I'm just hoping for a injury free exciting game!

HEMOTOXIC
10-26-2011, 09:51 AM
Will the verdict on that has still yet to be seen, as we played giddings. who is also loaded and the rattlers have not. There is no doubt Navasota is a great team with super athletes. I think Smithville has the "it " factor. They are playing with a tenacious attitude and play for each other and the whole bastrop county community. At the high School level I take "Will over Skill " any day. I'm just hoping for a injury free exciting game!

Got ya! Well, I am hoping for an injury free game as well.. Good luck to you guys. Maybe we can meet before the game.

jrhernandez7
10-26-2011, 10:10 AM
Got ya! Well, I am hoping for an injury free game as well.. Good luck to you guys. Maybe we can meet before the game.

Fore sure. Have to see what my departure schedule is going look like an if we go eat before the game.
Any good places to grub in Navasota??

HEMOTOXIC
10-26-2011, 10:34 AM
Fore sure. Have to see what my departure schedule is going look like an if we go eat before the game.
Any good places to grub in Navasota??

I live in Spring now. With that said, I only visit during games and to see my family.

There is a new Mexican Restaurant that I hear is pretty good. I have to get the name and location for you. Then there is Wrangler Steakhouse right behind Mcdonalds near the stadium.

Fast food near stadium: Subway, Mcdonalds, Pizza Hut, Sonic, Popeyes, Church's

Manso/V8
10-26-2011, 10:44 AM
jr - did you get confirmation on if your RB is cleared to play? I read possible concussion, or maybe just the wind knocked out of him.

HEMO- any word on if your two starting RB's will be playing, or how much?

HEMOTOXIC
10-26-2011, 11:16 AM
jr - did you get confirmation on if your RB is cleared to play? I read possible concussion, or maybe just the wind knocked out of him.

HEMO- any word on if your two starting RB's will be playing, or how much?

Both of our RB's are healthy (have been since Bryan Rudder) and, from my knowledge, they are not in any trouble with Coach Fedora. Whether they play on Friday is anybody's guess. IMO, Navasota was lucky to get the win over La Grange with the two on the sideline. I don't think that Fedora will make that mistake again.

HEMOTOXIC
10-26-2011, 02:37 PM
Smithville Tigers at Navasota Rattlers

Records: Smithville 7-0 (3-0 in 23-3A); Navasota 7-1 (3-0 in 23-3A)

Last year: Navasota 57, Smithville 14

Last week: Smithville 24, Giddings 21; Navasota 52, Caldwell 14

Radio: 1550 AM KWBC

Harris Ratings pick: Navasota by 4 points

Next: Navasota at Giddings; Smithville at La Grange

hookandladder
10-26-2011, 02:55 PM
It seems this year Smithville is winning some tight games with special teams and big plays, I know they have won some games where they were outgained in total yardage. With this in mind I feel if Smithville has no big special teams plays Navasota wins this game, Navasota has to many athlete's.

Tejastrue
10-26-2011, 02:55 PM
A little Smithville coverage... begins toward the middle of article...

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/varsitynews/entries/2011/10/24/_five_recaps.html?cxntfid=blogs_varsity_news

Old Tiger
10-26-2011, 03:21 PM
smithville playing a game to get a district title....what has this game of football come to...

hookandladder
10-26-2011, 03:30 PM
smithville playing a game to get a district title....what has this game of football come to...

Playing for the District championship this week and with a loss could playing next week just to make the playoffs, crazy times. Talk about going from the Penthouse to the outhouse, Wow.

Pudlugger
10-26-2011, 07:27 PM
Smithville is a very good football team. This should be a great match up with the D23 favorite up against the upstart Tigers. It boils down to which team comes out and plays the tightest game. Concentration will be the difference. The underdog usually wins the concentration game. Will the Rattlers get up enough to overcome the emotional edge of the Tigers? I say yes. Navasota by 10.

Roughneck93
10-26-2011, 07:41 PM
I'll take the Rattlers by 7.

TigerPride12
10-26-2011, 11:12 PM
Best of luck to both teams!! Since Sealy has a bye this week I plan on attending this game! Hope both teams bring their A game and play to their full potential and mainly: STAY INJURY FREE!

I say Navasota by 10 (just a guess since I know little of each team)

UPanIN
10-27-2011, 09:12 AM
Rattlers will be too fast and quick for the Tigers.

The Rattlers are not real big up front but do a good job protecting and opening holes. I have not seen the Tigers play but I believe they will get snake bit Friday night, but will bounch back to get in the playoffs.

Rattlers by 17

duckhunter
10-27-2011, 09:29 AM
Smithville by 30+ Snakes run and hide in cold weather. Tigers come out and kill

hollywood
10-27-2011, 10:43 AM

The Rattlers are not real big up front but do a good job protecting and opening holes. I have not seen the Tigers play but I believe they will get snake bit Friday night, but will bounch back to get in the playoffs.

Rattlers by 17

If Navasota isn't very big up front, Smithville will take advantage of that. Don't be surprised if Navasota has a hard fight in the trenches. Smithville plays smash mouth football.

hollywood
10-27-2011, 10:46 AM

To counter speed, a team has to play technique and swarm the football. That's Smithville's defense MO this season, from what I hear. Should be a good game, let's see who shows up.

HEMOTOXIC
10-27-2011, 12:02 PM
Rattlers flex their muscles. Navasota by 21+.

Pudlugger
10-27-2011, 02:14 PM
Rattlers flex their muscles. Navasota by 21+.

I don't know Hemo, that seems a little too confident. Maybe by +7 or 10? Good luck to the Rattlers, we in La Grange want yall to win out.

buff4ever
10-27-2011, 02:27 PM
I don't know Hemo, that seems a little too confident. Maybe by +7 or 10? Good luck to the Rattlers, we in La Grange want yall to win out.

Pud, if I didn't know you guys were trembling, thinking you might not make the playoffs, I would take that comment personal.

Pudlugger
10-27-2011, 03:52 PM
Pud, if I didn't know you guys were trembling, thinking you might not make the playoffs, I would take that comment personal.

Please don't take it personal buff. We are focused on the next game and anticipate a win. We are not trembling at all. If we get a play off bid we will have earned it on the field just as the others will have. I happen to think Navasota has the edge in the D23 race but that is just my opinion and what matters is how the game is played.

HEMOTOXIC
10-27-2011, 05:26 PM

Hey, I am just being silly. Someone else predicted Smithville to win by 40.... Afterall, I did predict a 35 point win for the Rattlers over the Leps.:)

Manso/V8
10-27-2011, 07:09 PM
I told yall Smithville was gonna be good this year......based on how the althletes, toughnessm and success they had a few years back in junior high and as freshman.
How good, no one really knows, yet.
District 23 is tough to figure out.
The only thing we can say for sure is that Rockdale and Caldwell are out this year.
The Leps struggled early on, were stopped short by Bellville, and turned 180 degrees in one week and gave Giddings and then Navasota very close games.
Is Smithville really better than Giddings?
Is Navasota really head and shoulders above the rest of the district?
I know they have athletes from watching the Rattlers in 7on7.

I wanna say Navasota takes this one, but I am just not sure.
No offense Hemo.

HEMOTOXIC
10-27-2011, 08:01 PM
I told yall Smithville was gonna be good this year......based on how the althletes, toughnessm and success they had a few years back in junior high and as freshman.
How good, no one really knows, yet.
District 23 is tough to figure out.
The only thing we can say for sure is that Rockdale and Caldwell are out this year.
The Leps struggled early on, were stopped short by Bellville, and turned 180 degrees in one week and gave Giddings and then Navasota very close games.
Is Smithville really better than Giddings?
Is Navasota really head and shoulders above the rest of the district?
I know they have athletes from watching the Rattlers in 7on7.

I wanna say Navasota takes this one, but I am just not sure.
No offense Hemo.

None taken.... This should be a good game... Are you attending?

Manso/V8
10-27-2011, 11:06 PM
None taken.... This should be a good game... Are you attending?

I would love to see this one, but I will be watching my Brahmas battle Royal at the "Pasture of Pain".......we need a win to clinch a playoff spot.

Good luck to both teams.

Old Tiger
10-27-2011, 11:45 PM
Rattlers flex their muscles. Navasota by 21+.I didn't know rattlers were considered constrictors. lulz

HEMOTOXIC
10-28-2011, 05:14 AM
I didn't know rattlers were considered constrictors. lulz

haha...

gameface
10-28-2011, 08:13 AM
Snakepit too venomous for Tigers-predict tight game first half, then Rattlers pour on the hot water!! Tigers snakebit by 17.

hookandladder
10-28-2011, 12:57 PM

Another cocky quote from you just like before the Smithville game, Rockdale should just stay home tonight because in your eyes they have no chance at beating Giddings.

OldBison75
10-28-2011, 07:20 PM
Navasota 6
Smithville 0

9:45 1st

striker
10-28-2011, 07:48 PM
Navasota 12 - Smithville 0 with 10:55 left in the 2nd

striker
10-28-2011, 08:08 PM
Navasota 18 - Smithville 0 with 5:09 left in the 2nd

navscanmaster
10-28-2011, 08:19 PM
Jacob Malek 52 yard TD on an interception return! Navasota 24-0 pending PAT. Offside Smithville on the attempt, Navasota goes for two and gets it!

Navasota 26, Smithville 0.

navscanmaster
10-28-2011, 08:24 PM
On the kickoff with 1:49 left in the 2nd quarter, the Smithville ball carrier was popped hard and a brawl broke out. Offsetting personal fouls and mutual ejections. Navasota player is OLB Jaylin Minor. Big loss for Navasota.

striker
10-28-2011, 08:39 PM
Halftime: Navasota 26 - Smithville 0

jrhernandez7
10-28-2011, 08:40 PM
ya smithville getting it handed it to them, and the zebras not helping. just got suck it up an play another half.

navscanmaster
10-28-2011, 09:17 PM
Navasota dominating the LOS on both sides. 33-0 Rattlers after a long Malek TD run. Smithville finally gets a big pass play to the redzone on a 3rd and 12.

navscanmaster
10-28-2011, 09:28 PM
43 yard screen to McGinty. With 1:30 in the 3rd, 40-0 Rattlers.

navscanmaster
10-28-2011, 09:42 PM
Smithville converting some 3rd downs through the air. Rattler backups mixing into the line up now. 1 yd TD run Smithville and 2 pt conv. 40-8 Rattlers under 10 to go.

navscanmaster
10-28-2011, 09:43 PM
Now a 55 yard TD from Baker to McGinty after a failed onside attempt by Smithville. 47-8 Rattlers under 9 to go.

navscanmaster
10-28-2011, 09:52 PM
Rattler defense holds on 4th and goal at the 3. 1st and 10 Rattlers at their own 1.

navscanmaster
10-28-2011, 09:54 PM
Byrd tackled in the endzone for a safety. Starting at your own 6 inch line is almost never good.

navscanmaster
10-28-2011, 10:00 PM
Smithville 1st and goal at the three now after a big third down scramble by QB Brown. TD Kavlichek(sp?). Going for two, good. 47-18 Rattlers with 3:07 to go. Two outs to go for the Rangers.

Pudlugger
10-28-2011, 10:05 PM
Wow the Rattlers bringing the wood tonight. I guess Hemo wasn't being too over confident predicting a 21+ win. Hats off to Navasota for getting it done. Now keep it up next week to keep it interesting in 23A.

Coach BS
10-28-2011, 10:06 PM
reality check for smithville. I told you Rattlers would win by 21+

navscanmaster
10-28-2011, 10:06 PM
Still 47-18 Navasota with under a minute to go and Navasota punting.

navscanmaster
10-28-2011, 10:09 PM
Game over as Navasota sacks QB Brown. 47-18 Rattlers, bring on Giddings!

Why are the posts showing a timestamp 20 minutes earlier than current time?

Coach BS
10-28-2011, 10:16 PM
Navasota will beat giddings no problem

Coach BS
10-28-2011, 10:20 PM
wow, whos gonna sit home after next week?? Giddings Smithville or LaGrange???A LaGrange win next week puts it in a 3 way tie and it comes down to points. Can't wait

navscanmaster
10-28-2011, 10:24 PM
Rattlers rushing: 32-231, Baker passing: 10/17 163yds, 3 TD
Malek rushing: 8-127

Smithville 5/13 passing 87 yards, 131 rushing. From what I gathered, 108 of their 218 total yards came in the 4th quarter. Impressive win by the Rattlers!

Pudlugger
10-28-2011, 10:29 PM
I think Navasota beats Giddings. If so, than if the Leps keep playing like they have been the past month they will beat Smithville by more than 3 putting the D23 race as follows by points:
DC Navasota to DI playoff bracket
RU La Grange to DII W bracket(lower bracket for R3)
3rd Giddings to DII R (upper bracket for R3)

The upper bracket has the toughest row to hoe with seeds Coldspring and Bellville(round 1 for D23R team). Things are getting interesting. Old guys like me have their slide rules out formulating the algorithms.:stirpot:

Coach BS
10-28-2011, 10:41 PM
I'm pulling for you guys pud, you guys deserve it all you gotta do is beat smithville, but by how much?? Isnt smithville at like +7 what was the score smith/gidd ?leps are -3 with giddings

Manso/V8
10-28-2011, 10:50 PM
I think Navasota beats Giddings. If so, than if the Leps keep playing like they have been the past month they will beat Smithville by more than 3 putting the D23 race as follows by points:
DC Navasota to DI playoff bracket
RU La Grange to DII W bracket(lower bracket for R3)
3rd Giddings to DII R (upper bracket for R3)

The upper bracket has the toughest row to hoe with seeds Coldspring and Bellville(round 1 for D23R team). Things are getting interesting. Old guys like me have their slide rules out formulating the algorithms.:stirpot:

The DII - D24W team (likely Bellville) is in the lower bracket facing the DII-23R team in the first round.
The DII - D22W team (likely Coldspring) is in the lower bracket facing the D11-21R team in the first round.
The winner of those two games meet in the second round.

Pudlugger
10-28-2011, 10:59 PM
I'm pulling for you guys pud, you guys deserve it all you gotta do is beat smithville, but by how much?? Isnt smithville at like +7 what was the score smith/gidd ?leps are -3 with giddings

+4. We lost to Giddings by 3 who lost to Smithville by 3 so we need to win by 4 to be +1 to 0 and 0 in a points in a three way face off with Giddings and Smithville.

Commit to memory! La Grange over Smithville by 4!!!!!