PDA

View Full Version : 3A DL Fantasy Football - Week 7 Update

jason
10-24-2011, 08:32 AM
i am a man of my word, so here it is...

ok folks, we are 7 weeks into the NFL season and, much like the NFL, our fantasy league is starting to shape up a little bit...

headed into this week, the current standings looked like this...

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/4497/week7standings.jpg

This week's matchups:

#1 p4s
vs
#9 armadillos (defending champions)

p4s is currently running away from the pack scoring over 100 points more than the second place 'a boy named suh' team - her combo of tom brady and wes welker is just demolishing the competition - she will be a tough win for anybody this year...(this is a precursor to the recap of this week)...
the armadillos are your defending champs, but are struggling this season...this matchup is bound to be a devastating one for the armadillos.... ;)

--------------------------------------------------

#12 lion_addict
vs
#7 jack chit

once again, lion_addict came into the season with high hopes, much like his beloved brownwood lions, but, yet again, are not measuring up to the rankings it has received... :D
jack chit is solid, but with romo and forte as their foundation, things can be shaky at times...

#8 maroon87
vs
#2 a boy named suh
maroon87 has struggled this season, losing their last 3, but with the league being in the middle of bye's, you never know...

#4 #18=5throundsteal
vs
#5 the untouchables
#185throundsteal should roll to victory in this matchup...

#10 highschoolfan78's
vs
#6 quebec nordiques

like the previous matchup, the nfl teams on bye this week could have serious implications in the matchup...this week 'could' be the week of the fantasy upset...

#11 emerson1's team
vs
#3 the speedy donkeys

emerson1's team is terrible, but like most leagues, your team is allowed to suck so long as your are trying to make moves and put your best team on the field every week...too bad moral victories don't count for anything...
the speedy donkeys are owned by our very own 'the doctor dre' - somehow when i picture him combined with his team name, i feel that if i were mexican, i would be offended...

this weeks scoring update to come shortly...

jason
10-24-2011, 08:50 AM
week 7 scoring updates...

#1 p4s -- 34.33
vs
#9 armadillos -- 108.81

in a stunning turn of events, the defending champion armadillos have (pretty much) knocked off the #1 ranked team in the league, this really should come as no surprise as the armadillos are known for showing up huge for big games while p4s will almost always collapse under pressure...
p4s will need a record breaking night by baltimore RB ray rice to even make this final score respectable...

david has slewn goliath......

#12 lion_addict -- 100.09
vs
#7 jack chit -- 62.84

in another thriller, it appears that another lower ranked team will knock off a higher ranked team, like was said in the weekly previews, this could be the week of the upset...
jack chit needs solid games from anquan boldin and bily cundiff to have a chance to come back in this matchup...

#8 maroon87 -- 94.87
vs
#2 a boy named suh - 75.55

game #3, potential upset #3...the giants appear to be falling...
a boy named suh is down, but not out with starting quarterback blaine gabbert and baltimores defense participating in tonights MNF game...
can maroon87 hold on for yet another week 7 upset...

#4 #18=5throundsteal -- 140.39
vs
#5 the untouchables -- 91.65
final

well, david can't win them all...

#10 highschoolfan78's -- 95.96
vs
#6 quebec nordiques -- 80.74
final

4th upset out of 5 games...unbelievable....
now, can emerson pull off the final upset of the week....

#11 emerson1's team -- 50.26
vs
#3 the speedy donkeys -- 94.55

in a bid to pull out a 5th upset for the week, emerson1's team was (no pun intended), donkey stomped by the speedy donkeys...
if somehow maurice jones drew and that wonderful jacksonville defense can come up big, maybe there is a chance emerson pulls off the upset, but it is highly unlikely...
normall, in a beating this bad, bye's have a lot do with final outcomes, but sadly the only player he had on a bye this week was andy dalton so he went on with his full starting lineup, and still managed to stink up the place...his team is really, really bad...

pirate4state
10-24-2011, 08:54 AM
you are such a turd :tongue: LOL

I needed 2 miracles and I would have been better off starting Brady in a bye week then sticking with Painter :doh: Tragedy struck a week before Brady's bye week when my back up (J. Campbell) broke his collarbone. No excuses. My lack of attention to bye weeks during my draft hurt me this week, but make no mistake my losing streak won't last long! :wave:

jason
10-24-2011, 08:57 AM
you are such a turd :tongue: LOL

I needed 2 miracles and I would have been better off starting Brady in a bye week then sticking with Painter :doh: Tragedy struck a week before Brady's bye week when my back up (J. Campbell) broke his collarbone. No excuses. My lack of attention to bye weeks during my draft hurt me this week, but make no mistake my losing streak won't last long! :wave:

dang, with all those injury excuses, did you move to brownwood without telling anybody??

on a side note - did you see dre's team slogan?? 'its time for the donkey show' LMAO....

pirate4state
10-24-2011, 09:02 AM
dang, with all those injury excuses, did you move to brownwood without telling anybody??
I'd never admit it - one way or the other LOL

Dre's slogan has been up for awhile now -- pay attention!

Sweetwater Red
10-24-2011, 11:49 AM
I've got a chance and, with the patch work roster moves I had to make this week, that's all I could ask for. I'll be glad to have Vick and McCoy back next week for sure.

TheDOCTORdre
10-24-2011, 02:36 PM
I'm not looking forward to next week with Mr. Aaron Rodgers having a bye

pirate4state
10-24-2011, 04:27 PM
I'm not looking forward to next week with Mr. Aaron Rodgers having a bye Welcome to my week

jason
10-25-2011, 08:26 AM
Week 7 Final Scores:

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/5527/week7finals.jpg

Week 7 biggest blowout:

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/94/blowouti.jpg

Current Standings:

http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/3796/currentstandings.jpg

Week 8 Matchups:

#8 armadillos (3-4)
vs
#10 highschoolfan 78's (2-5)