PDA

View Full Version : Rangers VS Cardinals game 4

eagleqb_14
10-23-2011, 10:29 AM
its key for the rangers to win these next 2 games, last night are pitching was awful, i thikn:clap: we come out with the win tonight.... go rangers

Tin Cup
10-23-2011, 10:42 AM
I'd like to see us get 2 easy outs and then go right after Pujols his first AB. Their lineup is too good to just walk him every time intentionally. I'm not saying serve him up pitches like last night but if we can't get him out we won't win this game or series. I'll say the Rangers get on top early and our bullpen will deliver tonight.

Rangers 5
Cardinals 4

orange machine
10-23-2011, 10:49 AM
Well Holland takes the mound I'm a little worried. If Rangers lose tonight it's a done deal in my opinion.

ExScoop
10-23-2011, 11:04 AM
Intentionally walk Pujols at every at bat

Tin Cup
10-23-2011, 12:07 PM

No. You can't put people on base just because. If people are on base it is a good move. But IMO it's terrible to walk him with no one on. It's easy to forget how talented the rest of the St. Louis lineup is because Pujols is so great.

Txbroadcaster
10-23-2011, 12:08 PM
No. You can't put people on base just because. If people are on base it is a good move. But IMO it's terrible to walk him with no one on. It's easy to forget how talented the rest of the St. Louis lineup is because Pujols is so great.

plus while his at bats were awesome last night..two of them were after the game was decided. Cant let him get in the head of the Rangers pitching

bwdlionfan
10-23-2011, 12:09 PM

with one pitch or four?

Tejastrue
10-23-2011, 12:10 PM
Well Holland takes the mound I'm a little worried. If Rangers lose tonight it's a done deal in my opinion.

It's never over until one team wins four...Chew last night's game up and spit it out..lets go Rangers :clap:

eagleqb_14
10-23-2011, 03:39 PM
gotta get the bats going early shut down albert

Phil C
10-23-2011, 05:38 PM
Don't give up! GO RANGERS!

neck_06
10-23-2011, 06:11 PM
Rangers & the over! (10 runs)

eagles_victory
10-23-2011, 06:37 PM
Oh how I love Zooey.

TheDOCTORdre
10-23-2011, 06:39 PM
Oh how I love Zooey.

this

eagleqb_14
10-23-2011, 06:43 PM
Should be another high sccoring game

Tin Cup
10-23-2011, 06:46 PM
Sure would be nice to score first. Let's go Rangers

Tejastrue
10-23-2011, 06:47 PM
Time to put Lord Pujols and his Cardinals to rest...so in tribute I share with you the last rites...:wave:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4q6eaLn2mY

eagleqb_14
10-23-2011, 06:49 PM
Gametime

Roughneck93
10-23-2011, 06:55 PM
Nice start for Holland. Let's get some runs!

Tin Cup
10-23-2011, 06:55 PM
Love how Holland went after them. They hit some hard but we have to pitch to win. Let's go boomsticks!

Roughneck93
10-23-2011, 07:01 PM
Yes!!! Let's keep it going!

eagleqb_14
10-23-2011, 07:01 PM
1-0 rangers!!!!!!!

Tejastrue
10-23-2011, 07:34 PM
Keep it going Holland... Ranger hitters just missing some pitches...we'll get it going...

Tin Cup
10-23-2011, 07:39 PM
Unfortunately the Rangers have left way too many guys on base. We need to just keep adding a run here and there and have Holland keep their batters offbalance.

P.S. Ump likes us so far with strike zone.

Farmersfan
10-23-2011, 08:01 PM
Rangers not taking advantage of their opportunities. That will come back to haunt them. Beltre is looking really, really bad at the plate. What has happened to him?

Tin Cup
10-23-2011, 08:07 PM
Rangers not taking advantage of their opportunities. That will come back to haunt them. Beltre is looking really, really bad at the plate. What has happened to him?

It's called good pitching. Go away Nellie Negative.

Txbroadcaster
10-23-2011, 08:08 PM

beltre went 4-5 last night lol..nothing is wrong with him, he is an aggressive hitter, sometimes it looks ugly

Bullaholic
10-23-2011, 08:09 PM
If the Rangers cannot get a hit with runners on base---they will not win this Series.

regaleagle
10-23-2011, 08:11 PM
Good double play there to help out Holland. Let's go Rangers. They just need a few positive things to happen to them tonite.

Txbroadcaster
10-23-2011, 08:12 PM
BTW FF Beltre hitting .467 so far in the series

Tin Cup
10-23-2011, 08:14 PM
BTW FF Beltre hitting .467 so far in the series

Clueless. Jackson throws the best slider in the series. Make you look real real dumb until he hangs it. Then kaboom!

ccmom
10-23-2011, 08:14 PM
Beltre is looking really, really bad at the plate. What has happened to him? Surely you aren't serious??

Txbroadcaster
10-23-2011, 08:15 PM
Clueless. Jackson throws the best slider in the series. Make you look real real dumb until he hangs it. Then kaboom!

And Beltre has a little Juan Gonzalez in him, he loves to swing at pitches in the dirt lol

Tin Cup
10-23-2011, 08:17 PM
And Beltre has a little Juan Gonzalez in him, he loves to swing at pitches in the dirt lol

Him and Cruz both. You don't want the high fastball thrown to them. Ouch!

regaleagle
10-23-2011, 08:25 PM
This pitcher is just not throwing very many fastballs. I hope the Rangers adjust and force him to throw strikes or walks.

Tin Cup
10-23-2011, 08:38 PM
When a pitcher has 3 pitches that he is throwing for strikes he's virtually unhittable. I don't care who he plays for or what league he's in. It's simply methodical and devastating.

regaleagle
10-23-2011, 08:47 PM
This is what the Rangers need to do. He is not throwing strikes, has only 3 strikeouts, and those were in the dirt. So the Rangers need to make him work.

Tin Cup
10-23-2011, 08:49 PM
This is what the Rangers need to do. He is not throwing strikes, has only 3 strikeouts, and those were in the dirt. So the Rangers need to make him work.

Yup but easier said than done. Every pitch he throws looks like a strike. Otherwise you wouldn't swing lol. He didn't pitch great command wise but had really good stuff tonight. We need to punish him for walks.

Roughneck93
10-23-2011, 08:51 PM
Napoli!! :clap:

regaleagle
10-23-2011, 08:52 PM
He bingoed that one.

Tin Cup
10-23-2011, 08:52 PM
Throw the high cheese baby. Woohoo!!!

Txbroadcaster
10-23-2011, 08:53 PM
That is why you jump on a pitcher who has control problems..your best chance is usually the first pitch in a jam situation

Tin Cup
10-23-2011, 08:55 PM
That is why you jump on a pitcher who has control problems..your best chance is usually the first pitch in a jam situation

That Murphy AB was outstanding. New guy that throws hard is trying to get ahead in the count. We can hit fastballs all night long.

ExScoop
10-23-2011, 08:58 PM
Geat pitching so far and timely hitting

Tejastrue
10-23-2011, 08:58 PM
Man..with that many walks it was just a matter of time...Thanks Napoli..Holland, keep it going...

Roughneck93
10-23-2011, 09:05 PM
Great outing from Holland!

regaleagle
10-23-2011, 09:11 PM
that's hitting it where it's pitched, Andrus. Good stroke.

Tejastrue
10-23-2011, 09:40 PM
Three more outs...

hollywood
10-23-2011, 09:41 PM
Holland has been outstanding! Rangers needed this in a big way. A rested bullpen will be the difference maker tomorrow and Wesnesday.

hollywood
10-23-2011, 09:43 PM
9th inning... Holland back in to finish the shutout!! Come on Holland!! Get 'R done!

Tin Cup
10-23-2011, 09:47 PM
What a job by Holland. That to me was as big as what Pujols did yesterday. Single handed dominance.

Phil C
10-23-2011, 09:52 PM
Starting to look bad in ninth with just 2 outs needed. But the Cardinals have two on base and their best batters coming. Are our relief pitchers going to blow this game after a great performance by Holland? We will see. I am worried.

Roughneck93
10-23-2011, 09:56 PM
Way to go Rangers!! :clap:

ExScoop
10-23-2011, 09:58 PM
Great piching and great hitting

Tin Cup
10-23-2011, 10:04 PM
That's why you have to go after Pujols. If you can't beat him you can't beat St. Louis.

Go Rangers!

Tejastrue
10-23-2011, 10:04 PM
Feliz...my heart can't take this ... All square at 2...best of 3 now...

Phil C
10-23-2011, 10:17 PM
Well done to even it up Rangers even though there was some last minute concerns in the 9th but Feliz came through. Now game 5 is the critical one. If Rangers can win that and go back to St. Louis 3-2 we have a chance again.

regaleagle
10-23-2011, 10:17 PM
Very impressive win against the Cards. I think everyone watching had to reconsider our team now for a good chance to win it all.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-23-2011, 10:42 PM
Leave Napoli at catcher for the remaining of the series.

Tejastrue
10-23-2011, 10:46 PM
Leave Napoli at catcher for the remaining of the series.

Agreed...would prefer see Moreland remain at 1st, struggling or not at the plate...

Farmersfan
10-24-2011, 07:40 AM
Holland has been outstanding! Rangers needed this in a big way. A rested bullpen will be the difference maker tomorrow and Wesnesday.

Did anyone see the Holland interview on TV after the game? I swear he was wearing eye liner........................If he pitches like that I don't care if he wears a dress! :clap:

Txbroadcaster
10-24-2011, 07:49 AM
I think the series goes 7..I think Texas wins tonight..all the talk of Carpenter..he has had ONE great play off game...he also has given up 4 runs in 4 innings in one play off game and 3 runs in 5 innings in another...he has been solid, not Cliff Lee OMG untouchable

It seems the jet stream will be dead again tonight with the heavy air in DFW.

The game is on CJ..he has had some bad games and some bad luck

Farmersfan
10-24-2011, 07:57 AM
Agreed...would prefer see Moreland remain at 1st, struggling or not at the plate...

With Ranger offense at a premium like it has been this whole series, how does Washington dare keep Moreland in the lineup? The guy needs to be watching the remainder of the series from his Lazyboy at home. I would keep Murphy in the lineup regardless of who is pitching though.

What will CJ give us tonight? I would be hard pressed to find a good enough reason to even offer CJ a new contract next season if he doesn't give us at least a quality start tonight.............

Txbroadcaster
10-24-2011, 08:04 AM
With Ranger offense at a premium like it has been this whole series, how does Washington dare keep Moreland in the lineup? The guy needs to be watching the remainder of the series from his Lazyboy at home. I would keep Murphy in the lineup regardless of who is pitching though.

What will CJ give us tonight? I would be hard pressed to find a good enough reason to even offer CJ a new contract next season if he doesn't give us at least a quality start tonight.............

This is not football..you dont turn away a pitcher over 4-5 starts in the play offs...CJ is one of the biggest reasons Texas is playing still.

Farmersfan
10-24-2011, 08:06 AM
I think the series goes 7..I think Texas wins tonight..all the talk of Carpenter..he has had ONE great play off game...he also has given up 4 runs in 4 innings in one play off game and 3 runs in 5 innings in another...he has been solid, not Cliff Lee OMG untouchable

It seems the jet stream will be dead again tonight with the heavy air in DFW.

The game is on CJ..he has had some bad games and some bad luck

Napoli don't need no stinkin' jet stream!!!!!!!!

Txbroadcaster
10-24-2011, 08:14 AM
Napoli don't need no stinkin' jet stream!!!!!!!!

the book on Naps..dont throw fastball up in zone and they did and he ripped it...crazy thing..he did not exend on that, he whirled around..if he had extended the arms that ball is still flying

Farmersfan
10-24-2011, 08:21 AM
This is not football..you dont turn away a pitcher over 4-5 starts in the play offs...CJ is one of the biggest reasons Texas is playing still.

So would you give CJ Ace type money to keep him? 85 million+ would bring in some pretty good arms that might not disappear in the playoffs. Almost all of CJ's issues in the playoffs are mental. Can Washington or the pitching coach get his head on straight or will we see another meltdown by him?

Txbroadcaster
10-24-2011, 08:28 AM
So would you give CJ Ace type money to keep him? 85 million+ would bring in some pretty good arms that might not disappear in the playoffs. Almost all of CJ's issues in the playoffs are mental. Can Washington or the pitching coach get his head on straight or will we see another meltdown by him?

I dont over sign for CJ simply because I dont think Texas has to..they have plenty of talent coming up, I think in two years Holland is the ace anyway..I am just saying Wilson was very solid last season in play offs..and in baseball you dont not sign a guy for 4-5 games..if that was the case Greg Maddux would have not been what he was because he struggled in the play offs

Farmersfan
10-24-2011, 08:39 AM
I dont over sign for CJ simply because I dont think Texas has to..they have plenty of talent coming up, I think in two years Holland is the ace anyway..I am just saying Wilson was very solid last season in play offs..and in baseball you dont not sign a guy for 4-5 games..if that was the case Greg Maddux would have not been what he was because he struggled in the play offs

I guess I agree. I think CJ would make a great #3 or maybe even a #2 if they could get a ACE. I just don't see CJ as a #1 especially considering his temperment. Of course you know me, the first time CJ made a comment like " he thinks he had great stuff" after his last appearance I would send his stupid arrogant ass packing......................................... There was NOTHING great about his stuff. It wasn't even starter quality stuff much less a #1 starter! But I think CJ will redeem himself tonight. There aren't too many people who would pitched like CJ has and then watch Holland last night and not recognize that he needs to step up. We will see how CJ responds to crunchtime.

hollywood
10-24-2011, 08:43 AM
Not sure what their relationship is, but if Wilson can take something from Holland's performance last night and pitch at least 6 or 7 solid innings, it should give us the advantage.

Txbroadcaster
10-24-2011, 08:44 AM
I guess I agree. I think CJ would make a great #3 or maybe even a #2 if they could get a ACE. I just don't see CJ as a #1 especially considering his temperment. Of course you know me, the first time CJ made a comment like " he thinks he had great stuff" after his last appearance I would send his stupid arrogant ass packing......................................... There was NOTHING great about his stuff. It wasn't even starter quality stuff much less a #1 starter! But I think CJ will redeem himself tonight. There aren't too many people who would pitched like CJ has and then watch Holland last night and not recognize that he needs to step up. We will see how CJ responds to crunchtime.

Actually CJ did have good stuff game one he just could not locate and it got him trouble, but pure stuff wise it was the best he had in the play offs.

Tejastrue
10-24-2011, 09:00 AM

It's solely for defensive reasons. I just think Moreland is the better fielder of the platoon at 1st. Keep Murphy in left...

Tejastrue
10-24-2011, 09:02 AM

:iagree:

Tin Cup
10-24-2011, 09:07 AM
I like seein MY at first just because I feel like he's more "in the game" and it helps his hitting. I could be wrong but it seems like he hits better when he plays in the field. I think Beltre has been our defensive MVP. He's been a thousand times better than Freese.

For tonight, CJ must go right after their hitters just like DH did in game 4. I think he will actually hit a guy or two early by trying to establish the inside corner. I feel the ump was instrumental in helping Holland get in a groove because he was getting the call. I also love fast paced pitching. It has the feel and look of confidence and we have to attack their lineup. If CJ can do this, we head back to st. Louis up 3-2

hollywood
10-24-2011, 09:19 AM
I like seein MY at first just because I feel like he's more "in the game" and it helps his hitting. I could be wrong but it seems like he hits better when he plays in the field. I think Beltre has been our defensive MVP. He's been a thousand times better than Freese.

For tonight, CJ must go right after their hitters just like DH did in game 4. I think he will actually hit a guy or two early by trying to establish the inside corner. I feel the ump was instrumental in helping Holland get in a groove because he was getting the call. I also love fast paced pitching. It has the feel and look of confidence and we have to attack their lineup. If CJ can do this, we head back to st. Louis up 3-2

I agree and to add, I'm sure we all would like to see Beltre's bat get hot. He's played great D but has been cold at the plate. As far as CJ goes, if he can just keep his head in the game and not get rattled early, he's gold.

Txbroadcaster
10-24-2011, 09:26 AM
I dont want Young anywhere in the field..his ole at 1st earlier in series was to similar to his ole last WS..he is a DH, that is why this year he had maybe his best season at the plate because he is terrible at DH..I will take the 0 for 3 from Moreland as long as he continues to dig out throws like he has already done 4-6 times

Txbroadcaster
10-24-2011, 09:30 AM
I agree and to add, I'm sure we all would like to see Beltre's bat get hot. He's played great D but has been cold at the plate. As far as CJ goes, if he can just keep his head in the game and not get rattled early, he's gold.

this is where perception is not always right...Beltre is leading the team in average for this world series..he is hitting .412 and last night was first night he did not have a hit.

Farmersfan
10-24-2011, 10:34 AM
this is where perception is not always right...Beltre is leading the team in average for this world series..he is hitting .412 and last night was first night he did not have a hit.

I think the perception comes from how Beltre appears to be so overmatched at times. And basically Beltre had a great game in #3 but hasn't done much else. But he has been better than Hamilton or Cruz. He just looks really, really overmatched when he swings. Beltre has a little leaguer's inability to lay off certain pitches. He cannot recognize the low slider and it eats his lunch. I saw him overswing once by what looked like 3 foot. His bat didn't get within 3' of the ball. I'm pretty sure the ball bounced and Beltre missed it by a yard!!!!! That's ridiculous for any hitter in the majors. Hopefully he figures it out. The sad part is even though Beltre has sucked at times he is still better than Hamilton and Cruz. The two biggest bats in this offense are hitting NOTHING and the Rangers are still in this series. Amazing.
And isn't saying CJ had great stuff but couldn't find his location a lot like saying Romo threw great passes but they just weren't to his receivers?

Txbroadcaster
10-24-2011, 10:47 AM
I think the perception comes from how Beltre appears to be so overmatched at times. And basically Beltre had a great game in #3 but hasn't done much else. But he has been better than Hamilton or Cruz. He just looks really, really overmatched when he swings. Beltre has a little leaguer's inability to lay off certain pitches. He cannot recognize the low slider and it eats his lunch. I saw him overswing once by what looked like 3 foot. His bat didn't get within 3' of the ball. I'm pretty sure the ball bounced and Beltre missed it by a yard!!!!! That's ridiculous for any hitter in the majors. Hopefully he figures it out. The sad part is even though Beltre has sucked at times he is still better than Hamilton and Cruz. The two biggest bats in this offense are hitting NOTHING and the Rangers are still in this series. Amazing.
And isn't saying CJ had great stuff but couldn't find his location a lot like saying Romo threw great passes but they just weren't to his receivers?

Beltre has had more than just game 3..he was 2-4 in game one with a double. ....u say Cruz not hitting nothing..a hit in every game but one and a HR..Even Hamilton has TWO key RBI in 4 games...this is problem everyone assumes these guys will go 3-4 every game..this is the freaking WS, hits become a preimuin...look at Albert..as great as his game was on Sat, he has been shut down every other game.

and no..a pitcher with great stuff not hitting location has no comparision to a QB not hitting his WRs

ccmom
10-24-2011, 10:48 AM
Beltre has had more than just game 3..he was 2-4 in game one with a double. ....u say Cruz not hitting nothing..a hit in every game but one and a HR..Even Hamilton has TWO key RBI in 4 games...this is problem everyone assumes these guys will go 3-4 every game..this is the freaking WS, hits become a preimuin...look at Albert..as great as his game was on Sat, he has been shut down every other game.

and no..a pitcher with great stuff not hitting location has no comparision to a QB not hitting his WRs

Great post...

Tin Cup
10-24-2011, 10:49 AM
When people finally realize that great pitching beats hitting the world will be a better place. The same guy that had arguably the BEST EVER single game in a world series when o'fer in game 4. He must be overmatched and in a slump also. Not!

Tejastrue
10-24-2011, 10:51 AM

Credit some of that to good pitching...except for the 16-7 debacle this series has belonged to the pitchers. Thought Hamilton last night looked the best I've seen him at the plate in the series thus far. Nice, smooth, swings... he smoked a line drive to center for an out and had the first inning rbi with a clean double to right..as far as Beltre..just when you think you've figured him out and relax he makes you pay..Same as Cruz... They can definitely look bad at times but more than make up for it and in a hurry...

hollywood
10-24-2011, 11:04 AM
Credit some of that to good pitching...except for the 16-7 debacle this series has belonged to the pitchers. Thought Hamilton last night looked the best I've seen him at the plate in the series thus far. Nice, smooth, swings... he smoked a line drive to center for an out and had the first inning rbi with a clean double to right..as far as Beltre..just when you think you've figured him out and relax he makes you pay..Same as Cruz... They can definitely look bad at times but more than make up for it and in a hurry...

Agree!

hollywood
10-24-2011, 11:08 AM
And yes, it is always about great pitching beating good hitting. Rangers are going to have to pitch lights out the remainder of the series whether it goes 6 games or 7. It's really up to CJ and the bullpen tonight. If we go down, 3-2 and have to go back to St Louis, Rangers are faced with another WS record to break.

coach
10-24-2011, 11:57 AM
I was at the game last night and it was ELECTRIFYING! It was the loudest i have ever heard the ball park. I think this is going 7, which sucks bc i will miss the entire game bc i have a game in Jacksonville that night....

hollywood
10-24-2011, 03:27 PM
I was at the game last night and it was ELECTRIFYING! It was the loudest i have ever heard the ball park. I think this is going 7, which sucks bc i will miss the entire game bc i have a game in Jacksonville that night....

Very cool! I know someone going to tonights game. Lucky SOB's. lol