PDA

View Full Version : Alvarado... Another defensive masterpiece..

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-23-2011, 10:17 AM
A continued performance from a great defense.

I grew up in Alvarado. My son plays on ther offensive side of the ball and I love to brag about the Alvarado offense.. But there comes a time you have to stand up and applaud the other side.. Congratulations Coach Hatch and the rest of the coaching staff and players for making this the best defense I have ever seen in 3A. :clap:

They have pitched 5 shutouts this year.. including the past 4 in a row. the last 3 were Kennedale, Hillsboro, and Venus. All district opponents. Kennedale (37 yds total off..) Hillsboro (11 yds total) and Venus (31 yds Total). Outscoring them 176 to 0.

Thats pretty impressive.. I see that continuing for a while.. I get excited to see the defense out there... Good JOB!

HEMOTOXIC
10-23-2011, 10:21 AM
That is really impressive!:iagree:

Tin Cup
10-23-2011, 10:24 AM
No one in Region 1 will beat Alvarado. But watch out for the East Beasts!

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-23-2011, 10:26 AM
Henderson may represent this region. They werent to impressive against Carthage. I bet most will tell you Alvarado just may win that one too...

defense51
10-23-2011, 10:33 AM
Would love to see it continue in the playoffs, then it would be really impressive. The Indians are rolling right now, but I honestly wish we had some tougher games going into the playoffs.

IndianFan2012
10-23-2011, 11:00 AM
Would love to see it continue in the playoffs, then it would be really impressive. The Indians are rolling right now, but I honestly wish we had some tougher games going into the playoffs.

:iagree:

cowboyandchrist
10-23-2011, 11:16 AM
Henderson may represent this region. They werent to impressive against Carthage. I bet most will tell you Alvarado just may win that one too...
You have to remember they played a team from the East in Carthage. It is a whole lot different speed to the game. You may win the title, but it will have to go through The East. The beast from the East will be waiting for you. P S the best defense to ever take the field came from East Texas in the form of the Daingerfield Tigers 14 shut outs and a grand total of 8 points scored and only two teams made it across the fifty yard line. 560 plays run against the D in 16 games for a grand total of 560 feet.

defense51
10-23-2011, 11:33 AM
You have to remember they played a team from the East in Carthage. It is a whole lot different speed to the game. You may win the title, but it will have to go through The East. The beast from the East will be waiting for you. P S the best defense to ever take the field came from East Texas in the form of the Daingerfield Tigers 14 shut outs and a grand total of 8 points scored and only two teams made it across the fifty yard line. 560 plays run against the D in 16 games for a grand total of 560 feet.

Would love to see a rematch with Henderson, the semi-final game last year was a great game. And I'm sure the Indians would love a chance to exact some revenge.

bramsey71
10-23-2011, 12:35 PM
Everybody must have forgot that we was able to contain Henderson speed last year with all juniors and sophmores. I promise we are not sca.red of the beast from the east. Prosper scored 7 on us and their as fast as anyone.....

garciap77
10-23-2011, 12:38 PM
Everybody must have forgot that we was able to contain Henderson speed last year with all juniors and sophmores. I promise we are not sca.red of the beast from the east. Prosper scored 7 on us and their as fast as anyone.....

Alvarado will beat Henderson by 30 or more points if they play this year!

texas_wildcat
10-23-2011, 12:40 PM
Alvarado i believe is the best 3A team in the state

IndianFan2012
10-23-2011, 03:42 PM
Would love to see a rematch with Henderson, the semi-final game last year was a great game. And I'm sure the Indians would love a chance to exact some revenge.

IndianFan2012
10-23-2011, 03:42 PM
Alvarado i believe is the best 3A team in the state

That means a lot coming from a Kennedale fan. Thank you :wave:

IndianFan2012
10-23-2011, 03:43 PM
Alvarado will beat Henderson by 30 or more points if they play this year!

IndianFan2012
10-23-2011, 03:43 PM

Is Carthage going D1 since they beat Henderson?

Lions88
10-23-2011, 04:02 PM
Is Carthage going D1 since they beat Henderson?

No, if we make the playoffs we will still go DI. We have to lose to Gilmer and Gladewater to not even make the playoffs

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-23-2011, 05:14 PM
You'll be there... Gilmer will be tough..