PDA

View Full Version : Region 1 Offensive/ Defensive Player of the year, Nominations

R1Editor
10-23-2011, 08:22 AM
Give me your Nominations for Player of the year, please include stats, team and grade, Soph, Jr, Sr, etc
I will be taking nominations thru the week 10 games and will post a poll in week 11 of the top four candidates.
In case of a tie or too many candidates I will post them all to get the top four.
So please get your votes in early and as the last two games finish please add the new stats as they come in.
And as always I am open to suggestions if you have any or think I should do it differently, let me know I will consider everything. As most of yall know now I am new to this. Thanks
Bobby

ccmom
10-23-2011, 01:09 PM
IMO it's still too early to make a nomination. Just my opinion and I'm just a girl so, what do I know anyway? ;)

GrTigers6
10-23-2011, 02:20 PM
IMO it's still too early to make a nomination. Just my opinion and I'm just a girl so, what do I know anyway? ;)Well I can extend it till the end I just didn't want to leave out any players who didn't make playoffs or lose out in the first round. That's why I asked for suggestions

ccmom
10-23-2011, 04:16 PM
Well I can extend it till the end I just didn't want to leave out any players who didn't make playoffs or lose out in the first round. That's why I asked for suggestionsI think you misunderstood me. I wasn't criticizing. I just meant it's too early fo ME to nominate anyone. There are still two teams in our district I haven't seen play yet and hopefully will get to see other Region 1 teams. That's all I meant. Like I said, who cares what I think anyway! :)

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-23-2011, 05:40 PM
Maybe we should nominate a senior, a junior and a sophmore from each team on each side of the ball... Then whittle it down later in the season? With that being said Ill be the first to spout off for Alvarado.. Purely my opinion.. Other Alvarado folks please tell me your thoughts?

Offensive senior: Wayne Onderdonck RB
Offensive Junior: Kenny West QB (Lee Hardy FB)
Offensive Sophmore: Andrew Sevener OL

Defensive Senior: Tyler Bates CB
Defensive Jr: Marcus Villareal LB
Defensive Sophmore: Brazos Fuller DE

Cant wait to hear everyones own thoughts. Im sure some of our boys would like to see thier names on here..

mwrams
10-23-2011, 05:45 PM
I will nominate Baylor University commit Adrian Colbert of Mineral Wells

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-23-2011, 05:53 PM
What position?

mwrams
10-23-2011, 06:14 PM
He stands 6'1" and weighs 193 pounds. His high school football coach refers to him as "a beast". He plays offense, defense, and special teams, and recently he committed to play football for Art Briles at Baylor University. BearsIllustrated.com caught up with Baylor's newest commit, Adrian Colbert, to get the latest.

"I committed to Baylor because it is close to home. I want to be somewhere where my family can come watch me play," said Colbert of his reason to commit to the Bears.

"I talked to Coach Art Briles," said the talented Mineral Wells standout. "He was just straight up with me. He told me that he liked how I played fast, and that he liked everything about me."

According to Mineral Wells Head Coach Chuck Lawrence, Colbert will have no issues succeeding on the next level.

"He is the best athlete on the field in every game we have played," Coach Lawrence provided. "He has a burst I have not seen from anyone."

Colbert, a multi-sport athlete, brings a winner mentality to the field as well. Colbert was crowned the 400-meter State Champion with a time of 48.23. But perhaps the biggest question is which side of the ball will he be playing on the collegiate level.

"This is my first year playing offense since my freshman year," says Colbert who plays wide receiver and out of the backfield when playing on the offensive side of the ball. "I fell back in love with it. I love having the ball in my hand and getting to do what you do," says the talented high school standout who also plays safety and returns kicks and punts.

Colbert is set to visit TCU this weekend. While he has no plans to cancel that trip, Colbert explains how solid his commitment is to Baylor.

"I am still going to take that trip this weekend just to see TCU and look around," says Colbert. "But, I am solid to Baylor. I am real solid."

Recruited as an athlete to the Baylor Bears, Colbert is excited with what Baylor head coach Art Briles has done with the athletes that have played for him at Baylor.

"I think he is doing a great job. He is using them to the best of their ability, and I want him to use me to the best of my ability," Colbert said.

Colbert explains that his parents were excited about his decision and supported him with his college choice.

"They are excited that I am staying close to home. Even though TCU is close, I just told them that I want to be a Bear."

For more coverage on Baylor recruiting and athletics, keep it tuned to BearsIllustrated.com.

Adrian also told my son he has committed to Baylor.

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-23-2011, 06:20 PM
Very nice... Looks like yall may play us first game in playoffs.. thoughts?

GrTigers6
10-23-2011, 07:04 PM
Well not to be a homer but my son needs to be considered after his last 5 starts. Averaging 6 tackles a game and has two interceptions and 85 yards returned. In three ganes

GrTigers6
10-23-2011, 07:07 PM
I think you misunderstood me. I wasn't criticizing. I just meant it's too early fo ME to nominate anyone. There are still two teams in our district I haven't seen play yet and hopefully will get to see other Region 1 teams. That's all I meant. Like I said, who cares what I think anyway! :)Didn't say you were criticizing just happy for the input

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-23-2011, 07:07 PM
Sign him up!

Black_Magic
10-24-2011, 08:46 AM
Ward From Snyder had 218 yards rushing and 214 yards passing This week vs Sweetwater

slingshot
10-24-2011, 04:13 PM
Ward From Snyder had 218 yards rushing and 214 yards passing This week vs SweetwaterDing, Ding, Ding! I think we have a winner!

Sweetwater Red
10-24-2011, 06:31 PM
Ward From Snyder had 218 yards rushing and 214 yards passing This week vs Sweetwater

You do realize he's asking for player of the year nominations right? :doh: