PDA

View Full Version : Don't look now 3A!

oldtownag
10-22-2011, 05:29 PM
The Dawgs are hitting their stride. :)

Pawdaddy
10-22-2011, 05:52 PM
Nag, I do believe you may be right. I attended the game last night and Carthage will definitely be making some noise in the playoffs. Henderson did not play the game that I expected them to play, but that could be because the Dogs did not allow them to. And that was with two starting defenders going out with knee injuries in the 1st quarter. Your QB is unbelievable for a sophomore. He puts Carthage in pretty good shape for two more years. I am looking forward to Gilmer/Henderson and seeing if Gilmer can extend Henderson's problems. I sat with the Carthage fans, and enjoyed visiting with them. When I left, I told them I looked forward to Gilmer/Carthage in the playoffs in a few weeks. GO GET'EM DOGS!

oldtownag
10-22-2011, 06:02 PM
Nag, I do believe you may be right. I attended the game last night and Carthage will definitely be making some noise in the playoffs. Henderson did not play the game that I expected them to play, but that could be because the Dogs did not allow them to. And that was with two starting defenders going out with knee injuries in the 1st quarter. Your QB is unbelievable for a sophomore. He puts Carthage in pretty good shape for two more years. I am looking forward to Gilmer/Henderson and seeing if Gilmer can extend Henderson's problems. I sat with the Carthage fans, and enjoyed visiting with them. When I left, I told them I looked forward to Gilmer/Carthage in the playoffs in a few weeks. GO GET'EM DOGS!

QB (Bogey) has come miles from the Lindale game. The Gilmer and Henderson games were among his best. The real key last night was the running game. Pipken looked awesome and Henderson had no answer for Carthage's unbalanced line (that really puzzeled me because we have ran it all year). I really believe Carthage and Gilmer will meet again this year. Maybe Turner can be back by then.

icu812
10-22-2011, 06:03 PM
I told them I looked forward to Gilmer/Carthage in the playoffs in a few weeks.

I wouldn't count those chickens before they hatch. Round 2 for Carthage may be tougher than you think.

Txbroadcaster
10-22-2011, 06:13 PM
I was shocked by lack of size AND speed for Henderson...the RB was ok for them but literally could not make a move to save his life...They had one real threat in the passing game...Barnes HAS to run more for them to be successful because after him they dont have alot if impact players...The OL for Henderson was ok at times but not consistent

The lines for Henderson are small and not really that quick..they had one guy 44 who made some plays earlier on the backside, and Carthage adjusted and ran right at him. ..the 6'6 junior for Carthage is fun to watch on the OL..he moves VERY well in space for his size and at times he was throwing Henderson defenders like rag dolls.

The QB/RB tandem for Carthage is going to be fun to watch the rest of this year and thru the next couple. as always the WR corp for Carthage run great routes and block better than some OL I have seen. They all are tall and quick..Pope might be a better WR than S and that is saying alot. He runs great routes and knows how to catch the ball with proper form.

The secondary at times for Carthage lost their man..but that was because Barnes does a great job of rolling ou and extending playes.

The LB corp for Carthage is dang good..especially after losing a impact player in Thompson..they fly to the ball, but at times over pursue..a good cut RB could hurt them, but they are also so quick they can react back to play very well.

A secret weapon Carthage has is the punter, he flipped the field twice..that is huge in the play offs.

All in all..Carthage is showing SOME signs of rounding into form..we shall see how much that means..I do know next year watch out

Henderson..at this point imo VASTLY overrated. People forget, last year was kind of a cinderella run for them...Now we see if they recapture that magic

GREAT stmosphere for the game..Henderson had packed their side by 6 pm.

MGAR
10-22-2011, 10:55 PM
Talked to a Henderson coach tonight..

He wasn't to shocked by the outcome.

buckeyebob
10-23-2011, 04:54 AM
I wouldn't count those chickens before they hatch. Round 2 for Carthage may be tougher than you think.

Round 4 will be when we play Carthage again, not Round 2.

I_DONT_CARE
10-23-2011, 09:25 AM
:sleeping:

WHO CARES? :rolleyes:

garciap77
10-23-2011, 12:32 PM
:sleeping:

WHO CARES? :rolleyes:

:wave::wave::wave:

83Indian
10-23-2011, 12:41 PM
How would you compare Alvarado and Henderson now that you have seen both? I know you had concerns with Alvarado containing the speed of the best East Texas teams, but your post seems to indicate Henderson's size and speed were not what you expected.

Txbroadcaster
10-23-2011, 01:50 PM
How would you compare Alvarado and Henderson now that you have seen both? I know you had concerns with Alvarado containing the speed of the best East Texas teams, but your post seems to indicate Henderson's size and speed were not what you expected.

If they meet Henderson still has a speed advantage...I am comparing Henderson speed to normal East Texas speed when I say not very fast

In saying that..the size of alvarado IMO will be a huge plus..plus Bates is a burner..so if the Indians get the ground game going, and force Henderson to play 8 in a box, Bates can get them over the top..plus Bates on screen passes can kill Henderson as well.

If they played this week I would say Alvarado by 7...but we all know that can change by the time these two COULD meet.

icu812
10-23-2011, 05:27 PM

I know that. I was talking about Rd. 2.

MGAR
10-23-2011, 07:38 PM

You have to forgive Bob.

He gets lost in his brain sometimes.

regaleagle
10-23-2011, 09:30 PM
I'm with you, VAN812. I think the outcome of the Lindale game only strengthened your team's disposition and resolve for the remainder of the Vandal season. From what I read, and all that happened in that game, I would definitely say not to be counting chickens too fast. Van will prove to be a formidable opponent in the R2D2 playoff picture. I like that Star Trek R2D2 talk, don't you? LOL.

poisoned10
10-23-2011, 10:41 PM
i like that star trek r2d2 talk, don't you? Lol.

fail!

ccmom
10-23-2011, 10:55 PM
fail!Haha...yeah, it was. :)

buckeyebob
10-24-2011, 04:32 AM
icu812
Originally Posted by buckeyebob

You have to forgive Bob.

He gets lost in his brain sometimes.

Y'all need to read...Originally Posted by icu812 I wouldn't count those chickens before they hatch. Round 2 for Carthage may be tougher than you think.

I simply stated that Carthage would have no problems until Round 4...I see no one in Round 2 that will challenge them.

Gsquared
10-24-2011, 06:28 AM
I kept hearing how much better Henderson was this year than they were last year. I sure as heck didnt think so. That Henderson defense is no where near as good as they were last year, not even close. They miss those two brothers that graduated. Carthage is looking like Carthage again.

waterboy
10-24-2011, 08:58 AM
I kept hearing how much better Henderson was this year than they were last year. I sure as heck didnt think so. That Henderson defense is no where near as good as they were last year, not even close. They miss those two brothers that graduated. Carthage is looking like Carthage again.
While I agree that Henderson's defense is definitely not as good as last year, I still think they just ran into a Carthage team that is starting to click. Carthage is young, and we've seen in the past, once they start clicking offensively they are going to be a tough out for anybody. I could see the change in Carthage starting in the second half of the Carthage / Gilmer game. I do think Henderson is a dangerous team that will go very deep in the playoffs, maybe even back to the title game if they stay healthy. The biggest problem for Henderson this year was their soft schedule, in my opinion. There are no "soft" teams in the "District of Doom", unless you count Spring Hill, which is still capable of beating a team is they are overlooked. I'm really interested to see how Henderson matches up with Gilmer this week. I'll be able to make a better evaluation after that.

icu812
10-24-2011, 09:03 AM
icu812
Originally Posted by buckeyebob

Y'all need to read...Originally Posted by icu812 I wouldn't count those chickens before they hatch. Round 2 for Carthage may be tougher than you think.

I simply stated that Carthage would have no problems until Round 4...I see no one in Round 2 that will challenge them.

Carthage or Gilmer WILL be challenged by Van in Rd.2 if that is how it plays out. This is not the same Van team that Gilmer played last year in Rd. 2. I was just making a point that talking about a Rd. 4 game seemed like a big assumption. Fine by me though carry on.......

waterboy
10-24-2011, 09:14 AM
Carthage or Gilmer WILL be challenged by Van in Rd.2 if that is how it plays out. This is not the same Van team that Gilmer played last year in Rd. 2. I was just making a point that talking about a Rd. 4 game seemed like a big assumption. Fine by me though carry on.......
Don't take what he said personally. I know there are a lot of good teams out there. There will be no more "gimmes" in the playoffs as in years past, even in the early rounds. Van has improved vastly this year, and so have a few other teams.

Txbroadcaster
10-24-2011, 09:22 AM
Don't take what he said personally. I know there are a lot of good teams out there. There will be no more "gimmes" in the playoffs as in years past, even in the early rounds. Van has improved vastly this year, and so have a few other teams.

yep..I seem to remember Gilmer struggling agianst a sub par Mabank team in the rain in 07 and that was not even a good team for Mabank...strange things happen come play off time and this year especially in Region II, there will be no gimmies.

waterboy
10-24-2011, 09:31 AM
yep..I seem to remember Gilmer struggling agianst a sub par Mabank team in the rain in 07 and that was not even a good team for Mabank...strange things happen come play off time and this year especially in Region II, there will be no gimmies.
Yep. I remember that game! I sat in a steady downpour, with winds gusting in the 30 MPH range, and temps in the upper 30s. I was cold to the bone in that one! Hopefully, we don't see any games like that one in the playoffs again. Gilmer prevailed, but it wasn't easy.

Txbroadcaster
10-24-2011, 09:35 AM
Yep. I remember that game! I sat in a steady downpour, with winds gusting in the 30 MPH range, and temps in the upper 30s. I was cold to the bone in that one! Hopefully, we don't see any games like that one in the playoffs again. Gilmer prevailed, but it wasn't easy.

yea the Mabank QB Kolton Browning was very underrated..he just had a crap team around him

Chillfan
10-24-2011, 09:40 AM
I was shocked by lack of size AND speed for Henderson...the RB was ok for them but literally could not make a move to save his life...They had one real threat in the passing game...Barnes HAS to run more for them to be successful because after him they dont have alot if impact players...The OL for Henderson was ok at times but not consistent

The lines for Henderson are small and not really that quick..they had one guy 44 who made some plays earlier on the backside, and Carthage adjusted and ran right at him. ..the 6'6 junior for Carthage is fun to watch on the OL..he moves VERY well in space for his size and at times he was throwing Henderson defenders like rag dolls.

The QB/RB tandem for Carthage is going to be fun to watch the rest of this year and thru the next couple. as always the WR corp for Carthage run great routes and block better than some OL I have seen. They all are tall and quick..Pope might be a better WR than S and that is saying alot. He runs great routes and knows how to catch the ball with proper form.

The secondary at times for Carthage lost their man..but that was because Barnes does a great job of rolling ou and extending playes.

The LB corp for Carthage is dang good..especially after losing a impact player in Thompson..they fly to the ball, but at times over pursue..a good cut RB could hurt them, but they are also so quick they can react back to play very well.

A secret weapon Carthage has is the punter, he flipped the field twice..that is huge in the play offs.

All in all..Carthage is showing SOME signs of rounding into form..we shall see how much that means..I do know next year watch out

Henderson..at this point imo VASTLY overrated. People forget, last year was kind of a cinderella run for them...Now we see if they recapture that magic

GREAT stmosphere for the game..Henderson had packed their side by 6 pm.

So how would you compare Chapel Hill and Henderson at this point in the season?

Txbroadcaster
10-24-2011, 09:44 AM
So how would you compare Chapel Hill and Henderson at this point in the season?

right now..CH is at least 14 points better..I just dont see Henderson able to disrupte CH like they did last year with dominant DL play( and that was what on them the title game)

Pawdaddy
10-24-2011, 09:47 AM

OK, I will carry on. Should Van survive to meet Carthage or Gilmer in any Rd, I will take Carthage or Gilmer by 3 td's. Wake up Vandals, you are dreaming.

Txbroadcaster
10-24-2011, 09:50 AM
OK, I will carry on. Should Van survive to meet Carthage or Gilmer in any Rd, I will take Carthage or Gilmer by 3 td's. Wake up Vandals, you are dreaming.

not sure how you can say that with Van taking lindale to the limit in Lindale..Van is a good team and adds to the depth of Region Ii this year

waterboy
10-24-2011, 10:11 AM
I agree. Region II D2 is deep this year. There will be some dogfights for survival in the early rounds, all the way up to the Regional finals. I don't see very many blowouts like in years past.

MGAR
10-24-2011, 11:39 AM
not sure how you can say that with Van taking lindale to the limit in Lindale..Van is a good team and adds to the depth of Region Ii this year

Look at his location and there is your answer..

Van is for real.. Yeah they lost to Lindale but they were also without one of the best 3A players in the state. Could he have been the difference maker? I can't say. But I do know I wouldn't want to meet up with them or Lindale in the playoffs.

icu812
10-24-2011, 02:15 PM

I watch a lot of HS football not just Van. I know a good team when I see one. This years team is as good or better than the 2008 team that lost to state champ Prosper 21-7 in RegII D1 finals. Also, this year Lindale beat Carthage by 12 and Van by 7. Van turned it over at their 5 yrd line going in for the tie at the end of the 4th (without the best LB in the state for 3 quarters). I'm not looking ahead 4 rounds...........I'm just saying Van has the ability to beat either team in Rd. 2 this year. Reg. II is loaded this year.