PDA

View Full Version : Keeping up with the Home Runs

Bell_06
02-20-2004, 01:34 PM
Bellville's Jr Pitcher Megan Pieper parked one against South Houston Trojans for her first ever GRAND SLAM. I'm all for keeping a running tally here of homeruns. Here allow Bellville to start unless someone can supply other home run hitters.

#1 -- Megan Pieper #14 Junior Pitcher/3rd/Outfield
http://www.eteamz.com/bhs/images/grandslam.jpg

<small>[ February 20, 2004, 11:21 PM: Message edited by: Bell_06 ]</small>

Bell_06
02-20-2004, 02:19 PM
<small>[ February 20, 2004, 01:21 PM: Message edited by: Bell_06 ]</small>

Phil C
02-20-2004, 02:33 PM
If a home run is ever hit in the Sinton softball park it will be big news. And by home run I mean one that goes over the fence not an in park one. I think they have used this field for ten years and there have only been two such home runs hit here. The first was by a girl from Orange Grove and one by a Sinton player Tracey Garcia. It has been several years since one has been hit here. The field faces the southeast and at night it gets wind from the Gulf of Mexico and this has stopped several home runs over the fence from happening.

Rabbit'93
02-20-2004, 03:38 PM
Great picture.

Old Cardinal
02-20-2004, 09:06 PM
I would assume you mean each week?....Bridge City GIRLS- Jessica Lemoine...It was kind of funny BC had Anahuac 19-O, to start the inning play, when Anahuac next went three-up-three down. Coach Lemons has been trying to hold the score down. Two girls from BC got on base and Jessica just poked it over the fence. That made a score of 22-0!...BOYS: Tonight BC scrimmaged 4A Central from Beaumont, and Catcher B.J. Myers had a grand slam, then another back-to-back with 2 on base; thus putting 7 runs on the board. Of course, Hunter "Home run" Hays knocked one also, as the next batter behind Myers. The score was around 26-0 at the scrimmage when I left.

Bellville22
02-20-2004, 11:46 PM
Congrats to Jessica, I remember watching her last year, and my sister from Bellville had the chance to play with her this summer. This girl has loads of talent and a very bright future ahead of her.

Old Cardinal
02-21-2004, 10:26 PM
As you may know Jessica has already signed with Louisiana-Lafayette. She was outstanding in this recent three day tournament. That Louisiana- Lafayette and McNeese State are mining the three 18 & U Beaumont Blast and also Gulf Coast Breakers for Select team players. It was interesting seeing these players dispersed on various Golden Triangle HS teams this weekend.

mistanice
02-22-2004, 12:15 AM
Just a bit of info on how Diboll did at the Carthage tourney.

In the second game, Diboll got past Haughton, La., 3-2. Abbott got the win, allowing one earned run while striking out seven.

McClain and Megan Baldree led the Ladyjacks at the plate with a single and an RBI, Abbott added a single and Skarlet Hankla had a walk and scored a run.

In the finale, Diboll shut out Timpson 12-0 after Abbott pitched her second no-hitter of the season. Abbott also struck out 10 batters.

Abby Anthony hit three singles and an RBI, McClain had two triples and two runs, Heather Warren hit a grand slam, two doubles and 4 RBIs, Baldree had a homer, a single and two RBIs, Courtney McMullen added two singles and an RBI, Abbott had a walk, an RBI and a run, Cameron Hunter hit a single and an RBI and Natalie Solis and Hankla each chipped in with singles.

middleagecardinal
02-23-2004, 09:34 AM
Bellville22:
Congrats to Jessica, I remember watching her last year, and my sister from Bellville had the chance to play with her this summer. This girl has loads of talent and a very bright future ahead of her.Tell Kat that Kevin (Meagan's dad) says hi.

Bellville22
02-23-2004, 09:51 AM
middleagecardinal:

Bellville22:
Congrats to Jessica, I remember watching her last year, and my sister from Bellville had the chance to play with her this summer. This girl has loads of talent and a very bright future ahead of her.Tell Kat that Kevin (Meagan's dad) says hi.Will do.

Old Cardinal
02-23-2004, 02:11 PM
To Mistanice: Sounds like Diboll is really in the mix up there...I would love to see you when you take on Lufkin Hudson. A little warning, Jasper is quite fiesty this year. Their #33 proved she could blast it over the fence this weekend. Both Barbers Hill and Bridge City were able to beat them by a fair score in the playoff games but you could see potential written all over that Jasper team. In the 55 minute pool games on Thursday and Friday they scored as follows: Jasper 16 Deweyville 0; Jasper 4 Port Arthur Memorial(5A) 1 ; WO-S(4A) 2 Jasper 1...They also were beat by H-F and then beat H-J, if I am remembering right. All in all, they are capable of an upset against about anyone....Newton did not fare as well, they lost to Orangefield 2-1; beat Liberty 2-0, beat East Chambers(2A). They also lost to PN-G, Sulphur, LA, and Pineville, LA