PDA

View Full Version : LaVernia @ Gonzales

YTBulldogs
10-22-2011, 03:18 PM
LV will not be able to move the ball to sustain drives. Close for about a half, 28-0 Apaches.

fire_it_up
10-22-2011, 06:55 PM
I got to vote!!! Apaches will wear the Bears down. They also remember the loss from last year that knocked them out of the playoffs. Game will be played at the reservation so it will be packed and loud!

ApacheForever
10-22-2011, 11:18 PM
Apaches will win!!!

Senior Night, On the Reservation, Payback from Last Year !!!

bigcat8
10-23-2011, 08:41 AM
Saw the SH game in Gonzales!! What a great environment for a game.. I got there at6:45 and barely got a seat on the visitor's side! The visitor's side was at least half full of Gonzales fans! This one will be standing room only for sure!!!

Apaches will win!!!

Senior Night, On the Reservation, Payback from Last Year !!!

BigGreen61
10-23-2011, 12:41 PM
Don't throw LV under the bus so quick ask YKM & SH.It's not how you start its how you finsh. GZ line to much for LV . bUT It's depend on what LV team shows up. don't forget about them GOBBLERS THIER STILL IN THE HUNT

underthetepee
10-23-2011, 02:22 PM
And don't slight GZ.. They handled Yoakum 33-0 and SH 27-0...
Don't throw LV under the bus so quick ask YKM & SH.It's not how you start its how you finsh. GZ line to much for LV . bUT It's depend on what LV team shows up. don't forget about them GOBBLERS THIER STILL IN THE HUNT

LV_Bearfan
10-23-2011, 10:37 PM
And don't slight GZ.. They handled Yoakum 33-0 and SH 27-0...
Bears win this one 7-6 and keep the mojo going.

SintonFan
10-23-2011, 11:14 PM
Won't be surprised if it is close early. Then Gonzo pulls away later.

YTBulldogs
10-24-2011, 08:01 AM
Don't forget about them GOBBLERS THIER STILL IN THE HUNT

BG61, IMO GZ has one of the playoff spots secured. The final 2 spots up for grabs between LV, SH, Yoakum and your Gobblers. After ya'lls game at the Rock Pile this Saturday, will make things clearer what needs to happen the final game of the year, for these 4 teams trying to grab the other 2 playoff spots.

underthetepee
10-24-2011, 08:15 AM
GZ, Mathematically has already secured a playoff spot
BG61, IMO GZ has one of the playoff spots secured. The final 2 spots up for grabs between LV, SH, Yoakum and your Gobblers. After ya'lls game at the Rock Pile this Saturday, will make things clearer what needs to happen the final game of the year, for these 4 teams trying to grab the other 2 playoff spots.

underware
10-24-2011, 08:28 AM
Gonzales by a lot....

txsportswriter
10-25-2011, 12:16 AM
I'll take the Apaches in this one, 28-7. Grubb will break one, but that's it. LV has no offense what-so-ever and the Apaches defense is tough. Bears do have a decent defense, so this might be close early on, but the Gonzales offensive line will wear the Bears defensive front down and Cecil will get about 170 yds in this one with a couple TDs. Fight in this district is for 2nd and 3rd.

buff4ever
10-25-2011, 10:01 AM
Bears win this one 7-6 and keep the mojo going.

That is some heavy wishful thinking. But, anything can happen I guess.

YTBulldogs
10-25-2011, 10:26 AM
I watched the SH/LV game this past Friday. LV struggled to move the ball against the Canes "D". Gonzales "D" is stronger than SH's by far.

I don't see the Bear's moving the ball without being able to throw it too. Bears soph QB Vince Gill is getting better, but--struggles in passing. Thus, GZ will key big time on Grubb and will stop him from being productive. One back will not beat the Apaches.

Plus, I know GZ has some scores to settle in their final two games. Not to mention a perfect season. They want to be heading into the playoffs on a positive note, and I don't see them losing a game in district.

But, this is why they play the games. Anything can happen.

LV_Bearfan
10-25-2011, 04:27 PM
That is some heavy wishful thinking. But, anything can happen I guess.

It has been working the last few weeks, so it's worth a try!

ApacheForever
10-25-2011, 10:01 PM
It will be a good game; I think. But for what I am sure of it will be LOUD!! The fans are having a "blackout" and all week they have been told to make it extremely loud. They are trying to make it louder than the Sam Houston game and at times you couldn't even hear the person next to you talk. This is a strong senior class with alot of compassion for each other. Most of them have stayed together since junior high when they didn't lose a single game in those two years. And now they are playing their last home game together; it will be very emotional for them and the parents. And probably even CHIEF LOCK!!!!

underthetepee
10-26-2011, 08:48 AM
I'll bet friday night will be emotional for Coach Lock. Senior Parents Night after what that family went through has to be tough! Good luck to coach and the Apaches.
It will be a good game; I think. But for what I am sure of it will be LOUD!! The fans are having a "blackout" and all week they have been told to make it extremely loud. They are trying to make it louder than the Sam Houston game and at times you couldn't even hear the person next to you talk. This is a strong senior class with alot of compassion for each other. Most of them have stayed together since junior high when they didn't lose a single game in those two years. And now they are playing their last home game together; it will be very emotional for them and the parents. And probably even CHIEF LOCK!!!!

fire_it_up
10-26-2011, 09:57 PM
Gonna be perfect football weather and packed! Apaches have come too far to give up at the last game at home. Apache Nation showing up big at this one!

LV_Bearfan
10-27-2011, 09:13 AM
Snotty, will you please let us know who you think is going to win this game?

fire_it_up
10-27-2011, 08:49 PM
No, no please don't!

ApacheForever
10-28-2011, 11:10 PM
Apaches win 14 to 9. LaVernia put up one heck of a fight! Apache Nation was quiet tonight until the last 3 minutes. I hope they get loud next week against the Gobblers.

arges
10-28-2011, 11:14 PM
Keep it up, don't let the Gobblers trip you up. On to state!

LV_Bearfan
10-28-2011, 11:14 PM
So, I didn't get to go to the game. How did it play out? GZ should be proud. Every good team has tough district games. They did what they needed to do. The Bears have come a long way from the Wimberley and Giddings games.

fire_it_up
10-28-2011, 11:32 PM
The Bears were gritty that's for sure. Gonzales had many missed opportunities and the Bears were ready to capitalize on those. Both teams wanted it pretty bad. Congrats to the Apaches for winning the battle. Good luck on the rest of your season LV. Who do you play next week?

BearBacker
10-28-2011, 11:35 PM
What happened right before halftime? How or why did they put time back on the clock? That was a big break for Gonzales.

BearBacker
10-28-2011, 11:36 PM
Next week at home against Pleasanton.

fire_it_up
10-28-2011, 11:39 PM
Apaches got a first down near the end zone with 2 seconds left on the clock. Rules say clock is supposed to stop when you get a first down and the clock keeper just let it run out. Gonzales coaches made them go by the rules since we were so close to scoring. It didn't matter that our guy didn't get out of bounds. Ist down is supposed to make the clock stop.

BearBacker
10-28-2011, 11:44 PM
Yes, that's right about the first down. I wasn't at the game, I just heard about that part right before halftime. Once the ball was set, they restarted the clock and Gonzales snapped the ball and scored?

fire_it_up
10-28-2011, 11:47 PM
It took awhile. Bears were already walking off so refs made them come back, line up and play. It wasn't a surprise. They were set.

BearBacker
10-28-2011, 11:56 PM
Right. I didn't hear anything about a quick snap or La Vernia not being lined up and ready. I heard the player was tackled with 2 seconds left and no time outs, but, a first down does stop the clock and let a team get set up to run another play. All it means is that every second counts. I'm proud of the La Vernia kids. They've played real well this second half of the season and I'm hoping we can qualify for the playoffs. I didn't think we'd be sitting where we are in district right now after how we started district with a loss to Cuero.

fire_it_up
10-29-2011, 12:02 AM
They played gritty. Hardest game of the year for Apaches so far. I don't think we have had one come down to the wire like that this year yet. Pleasanton will be a breeze for y'all. It was a battle of two very talented, well coached teams.

BearBacker
10-29-2011, 12:08 AM
I won't look ahead, but I do believe that we should win that game and make the playoffs. Congratulations to the Apaches and Coach Lock.

fire_it_up
10-29-2011, 12:20 AM
I meant that Gonzales and LaVernia was a battle of two talented, well coached teams.

YTBulldogs
10-29-2011, 03:03 PM
Congrats GZ on the tough win. Appears if SH wins (Canes leading 26-8 at half) today against Cuero, and we beat SH at home next Friday, the Bulldogs will secure them a playoff spot. That's all we wanted, a shot at making the playoff's. Bulldog Stadium will be rocking for this one.