PDA

View Full Version : coldspring @ huffman....

trojandad
10-22-2011, 09:39 AM
might as well get this started...

for all the marbles of 22 3a...outcome wont change playoff seating, we will still be top team of dII, huffman will go dI regardless of the outcome....

last years game had us winning 29-20 on a runback td of an onside kick by gilbert with 4 min left...it still took an int late to stop huffman....they played a very ball control offense keeping us off the field more than any other team all year, including k'ville and carthage...3 ints by our strong safety won the game for us...

they graduated a ton of players but their system is very adaptable to new players, as a 1 loss season has proven......this years game is in huffman...we had a bye week this last week while huffman beat cleveland 49-3 fri night...

a few notes on us....we have outscored our last 5 opponents 305-8 with 4 of those games having a running clock in the second half, with our defense alone outscoring 5 of our 8 opponents...

sure look forward to it, safe travel and safe play for both sides....

HEMOTOXIC
10-22-2011, 10:45 AM
Trojans by 21+.

trojandad
10-22-2011, 11:18 AM
Trojans by 21+.

you really think? i know you saw that game with me last year, we both were dissapointed in our game....

Bambam
10-22-2011, 11:23 AM
Well here we go! Absolutely should be the game of the week. Two different style teams going head to head for district! Can Huffman contain that beast of an offense and that running game? Can CS handle being spread the entire game chasing WR all over the place?

This has been on the radar since before the season even started. Huffman was being questioned by everyone in the district after losing so many key players on both sides of the ball. Well here we are and getting ready to go head to head with the defending district, state runnerup, monster named Cold Springs.

I want to wish the best of luck to both teams. We will represent our district well in the playoffs.

On a side note, its parent night and I am not looking forward to seeing my son graduate and play his last regular season game of football. Yes there is the playoffs and football to come at the next level, but my stomach is already in knots! Boy you have made me proud and have become a tremendous young man! You make gr8 decisions! You have a great future ahead of you! You are disciplined! You live for God first and everything else just seems to fall into place. YOU ARE A GR8 SON!

trojandad
10-22-2011, 11:39 AM
Well here we go! Absolutely should be the game of the week. Two different style teams going head to head for district! Can Huffman contain that beast of an offense and that running game? Can CS handle being spread the entire game chasing WR all over the place?

This has been on the radar since before the season even started. Huffman was being questioned by everyone in the district after losing so many key players on both sides of the ball. Well here we are and getting ready to go head to head with the defending district, state runnerup, monster named Cold Springs.

I want to wish the best of luck to both teams. We will represent our district well in the playoffs.

On a side note, its parent night and I am not looking forward to seeing my son graduate and play his last regular season game of football. Yes there is the playoffs and football to come at the next level, but my stomach is already in knots! Boy you have made me proud and have become a tremendous young man! You make gr8 decisions! You have a great future ahead of you! You are disciplined! You live for God first and everything else just seems to fall into place. YOU ARE A GR8 SON!

am very proud for you, bambam...as a dad, theres not much we can hope for above kids that make good choices...the rest is gravy....did he get thru the cleveland game without any big bumps..??

as for this game, its just my opinion but i believe this is the game that barbay started playing gilbert so much at cb for...last year you guys went away from our other cb, sykes, who was having a great year, over 80% of the time, our other cb didnt have syke's speed and seemed a step slower when you guys would throw that swing pass to his side...it must have been a good stradegy because surratt went one better in the title game and only threw to sykes side one time in the entire game....with all the sophomores we have running the bulk of our carries and gilbert only running the ball 6-10 times a game its allowed him to play cb the majority of each of the last 6 games...ill be interested to see how much difference his closing speed works on that opposite side....

your coach had a good gameplan against us last year and im sure he'll have a good one this year, too...you can bet all the playoff teams to come will be watching what your coach has in store for us, because for the last two years its my opinion he has gotten more from his talent than any coach i have seen over that time, coach surratt being the possible exception...

again, wish your son the best for me....

HEMOTOXIC
10-22-2011, 11:42 AM
you really think? i know you saw that game with me last year, we both were dissapointed in our game....

Heck yeah. The state better watchout for the Trojans. Lucky for the Rattlers, we will be in two different divisions!:cheerl:

And, my oh my did the Trojans turn it on after that victory!

Bambam
10-22-2011, 12:11 PM
am very proud for you, bambam...as a dad, theres not much we can hope for above kids that make good choices...the rest is gravy....did he get thru the cleveland game without any big bumps..??

as for this game, its just my opinion but i believe this is the game that barbay started playing gilbert so much at cb for...last year you guys went away from our other cb, sykes, who was having a great year, over 80% of the time, our other cb didnt have syke's speed and seemed a step slower when you guys would throw that swing pass to his side...it must have been a good stradegy because surratt went one better in the title game and only threw to sykes side one time in the entire game....with all the sophomores we have running the bulk of our carries and gilbert only running the ball 6-10 times a game its allowed him to play cb the majority of each of the last 6 games...ill be interested to see how much difference his closing speed works on that opposite side....

your coach had a good gameplan against us last year and im sure he'll have a good one this year, too...you can bet all the playoff teams to come will be watching what your coach has in store for us, because for the last two years its my opinion he has gotten more from his talent than any coach i have seen over that time, coach surratt being the possible exception...

again, wish your son the best for me....

Thanks bro! Ya know it was not that bad at all. They took some cheap shots in the 2nd half and I guess they forgot it was a football game. LOL

Glibert will have fresh legs for the playoff run. I noticed on video he does not get many touches but when he does!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will tell my son! LOL that kid had to take the ACT this morning and got up at 600am in Liberty. Hope he didnt wear his Huffman gear! : )

Looking foward to the GAME OF THE WEEK!!!!!!!!