PDA

View Full Version : Region IV Week 9 GOTW: Liberty Hill (6-2) @ Lampasas (7-1)

R4Editor
10-22-2011, 09:30 AM
Alright District 25 This game is for the District Championship. The Hill has been the Crown Jewel of this District for several years. Lampasas and Liberty Hill have one common non district opponent Leander Rouse. The Panthers lost (0-21) and the Badgers lost (13-29), but both teams have bounced back with great success. So who will be the champs?

LHexPlayer
10-22-2011, 09:43 AM
The Panthers will be too much. LH is starting to gel at the right time and are getting better every week.

skins4life
10-22-2011, 10:51 AM
Lampasas by 3 because they're due.

holcomb2012
10-22-2011, 11:38 AM
I can't vote :/ but I'm obviously going with the Badgers!

ogg
10-22-2011, 12:39 PM
Alright District 25 This game is for the District Championship. The Hill has been the Crown Jewel of this District for several years. Lampasas and Liberty Hill have one common non district opponent Leander Rouse. The Panthers lost (0-21) and the Badgers lost (13-29), but both teams have bounced back with great success. So who will be the champs?

I'm Gonna really have to think about this one.

solocam
10-22-2011, 01:32 PM
Defense wins it for Liberty Hill

LHdog
10-22-2011, 03:46 PM
Lampasas has the best group of athletes they've had in many years. The Panthers seem to be peaking at the right time but I just wish they would throw the ball 6-8 times a game to keep the defense honest and they will need to sometime. I've seen both teams play and I would have to give the Badgers a slight edge due to home-field advantage.

SintonFan
10-23-2011, 11:15 PM
I'll be rooting for LH. Take them by 6. :cool:

Purple Rain
10-24-2011, 08:29 AM
Lampasas has the best group of athletes they've had in many years. The Panthers seem to be peaking at the right time but I just wish they would throw the ball 6-8 times a game to keep the defense honest and they will need to sometime. I've seen both teams play and I would have to give the Badgers a slight edge due to home-field advantage.

What type of offense does Lampasas run?

panfan
10-24-2011, 11:29 AM
Its going to be a tough defensive battle, one that I think will give a slight edge to LH. I'll take LH by 3.

LHHS_Mom
10-24-2011, 11:36 AM
What type of offense does Lampasas run?

If it is the same offense I remember from last year's JV game, it is some type of passing formation.
This will be a VERY interesting game. :thumbsup:

Go PANTHERS!!

holcomb2012
10-24-2011, 12:52 PM
If it is the same offense I remember from last year's JV game, it is some type of passing formation.
This will be a VERY interesting game. :thumbsup:

Go PANTHERS!!

The badgers run the Slot-T which is a very heavy run first offence in which everyone is packed in tight and most of the runs take place inbetween the tackles. They had trouble running inside last game so they ran primarly out of the shotgun. We have only attempted around 15 passes this year.

LHexPlayer
10-24-2011, 01:08 PM
The badgers run the Slot-T which is a very heavy run first offence in which everyone is packed in tight and most of the runs take place inbetween the tackles. They had trouble running inside last game so they ran primarly out of the shotgun. We have only attempted around 15 passes this year.

Slot-T you say? Why does that sound so familiar?:twitch:

Purple Rain
10-24-2011, 01:53 PM

hmmmm...this just makes it even more interesting

Super_R
10-24-2011, 02:36 PM
Lampasas got their offense from LH just a few years ago.

LH just played a slot-t team on Friday and held them to -1 yard of total offense and zero 1st downs. Lampasas is much more talented than the Yellowjackets on both sides of the ball.

Lampasas is enjoying their best run in recent history.
The Panther offense is moving the ball like we are accustomed to seeing.

I'm giving the win to LH. Their defense has proven all year that they can force offenses out of their comfort zone...and I believe Lampasas was 0-6 passing last week.

This is getting exciting!

greendawg84
10-24-2011, 03:16 PM
Going with the Badgers , bigger and faster on O , the Hill has the better D , I call it a toss up but will go with Lampasas due to home field , ( If you can call that place they play in a staduim )

BLEEDZGREEN
10-25-2011, 07:32 AM
Badgers by 3.

LHHS_Mom
10-25-2011, 09:11 AM
It's also time to break out the thermal shirt and a light jacket. Now THAT is football!! :D

lange4
10-25-2011, 03:09 PM
Lampasas got their offense from LH just a few years ago.

LH just played a slot-t team on Friday and held them to -1 yard of total offense and zero 1st downs. Lampasas is much more talented than the Yellowjackets on both sides of the ball.

Lampasas is enjoying their best run in recent history.
The Panther offense is moving the ball like we are accustomed to seeing.

I'm giving the win to LH. Their defense has proven all year that they can force offenses out of their comfort zone...and I believe Lampasas was 0-6 passing last week.

This is getting exciting!

Llano does not run the slot-t. Have not run it for a couple years now. We should, but don't.

ogg
10-26-2011, 02:35 PM
LH by 7

LHPfactory
10-27-2011, 06:05 AM
LH in a close one on friday.

The game tonight should also decide the 7th grade A & B team District Champs, LH and Lampasas are the only two unbeatens in 25-3A for 7th grade as well.

Any good places to eat in Lampasas ?, passed thru a few times, dont believe I have stopped.

Purple Rain
10-27-2011, 08:11 AM
Going with the Badgers , bigger and faster on O , the Hill has the better D , I call it a toss up but will go with Lampasas due to home field , ( If you can call that place they play in a staduim )

Will the stands be able to accommodate the LH faithful or do we need to bring our own chairs?

LHHS_Mom
10-27-2011, 09:32 AM
Purple Rain... I am sure there'll be tons of people standing... :)
based on the crowd at the Llano game... it will be filled QUICK! :D

LHPFactory... I am not sure of the eateries in Lampasas other than the normal fast food places... I have heard that there's a good burger place in Andice which is along the way... but I don't know the location :ack!::)

GO PANTHERS!!!

holcomb2012
10-27-2011, 10:18 AM
LH in a close one on friday.

The game tonight should also decide the 7th grade A & B team District Champs, LH and Lampasas are the only two unbeatens in 25-3A for 7th grade as well.

Any good places to eat in Lampasas ?, passed thru a few times, dont believe I have stopped.
Storms Burgers which is right across from the stadium is a good place to go, although it will be packed

Purple Rain
10-27-2011, 10:37 AM
Stadium capacity is 3750. Visitor stands are about 70 yds wide and 8 rows high so it looks like they can handle a pretty good visitor turnout

LHPfactory
10-27-2011, 10:52 AM
Ive eaten at storms around bucannan, but i want something local, storms is good but kinda sonic-ish. I want a good country meal, like Dalihas or Crazy Gals type but in lampasas.

greendawg84
10-27-2011, 11:40 AM
The Yum Factory will fix you up LHPfactory , if you come there up 183 it will be on your right just as you come into town , before the first red light.

Burgers in Andice are awesome , but big enough for two. Not hard to find , turn off 183 at the Andice sign , the only store in town is the place you are looking for.

LHHS_Mom
10-27-2011, 11:47 AM
The Yum Factory will fix you up LHPfactory , if you come there up 183 it will be on your right just as you come into town , before the first red light.

Burgers in Andice are awesome , but big enough for two. Not hard to find , turn off 183 at the Andice sign , the only store in town is the place you are looking for.

Thank you for that information! I haven't be there before but will be stopping on the drive to the game tomorrow night.
*makes a note for them to cut it in half* :thumbsup::D

holcomb2012
10-27-2011, 11:47 AM
Also be prepared for heavy traffic since key avenue which leads to the stadium is under construction and only two of the four lanes are open

LHHS_Mom
10-27-2011, 11:49 AM
Also be prepared for heavy traffic since key avenue which leads to the stadium is under construction and only two of the four lanes are open

Really? UGH! :ack!:
Good thing I planned on leaving early! :)

Thank you for that too!

Purple Rain
10-27-2011, 11:52 AM

Is Key Ave. Hwy 183?

holcomb2012
10-27-2011, 11:59 AM
Is Key Ave. Hwy 183?

Yes I believe so.

BLEEDZGREEN
10-27-2011, 12:11 PM
Visitors side is terrible for viewing a game and the parking is even worse, you better arrive early if you want a descent seat to watch the game. Be also prepared to have other fans knees in your back all night long.

LHHS_Mom
10-27-2011, 12:15 PM
Visitors side is terrible for viewing a game and the parking is even worse, you better arrive early if you want a descent seat to watch the game. Be also prepared to have other fans knees in your back all night long.

That sounds like Salado's stadium.
A good thing for that is to stand and be rowdy in the crowd. :cheerl::D

holcomb2012
10-27-2011, 12:28 PM

I agree. Do not park anywhere near the parking lots by the old middle school or you will never get out after the game

panfan
10-27-2011, 12:57 PM
That sounds like Salado's stadium.
A good thing for that is to stand and be rowdy in the crowd. :cheerl::D

Going up this evening for the freshman game, will let you know how it is. I know the crowd will be huge so can gage how the parking is and get back with you!

greendawg84
10-27-2011, 01:22 PM
183 is Key Ave , and for sure it stinks right now . Now that I think about it the visitor side is about the same size as Salado , so if you have been there you know what to expect.

LHHS_Mom
10-27-2011, 01:45 PM
Going up this evening for the freshman game, will let you know how it is. I know the crowd will be huge so can gage how the parking is and get back with you!

You aren't going tomorrow night too?? :eek:
Yes let me know about that traffic situation. I might have to adjust the time I leave tomorrow. :D

panfan
10-27-2011, 01:47 PM
You aren't going tomorrow night too?? :eek:
Yes let me know about that traffic situation. I might have to adjust the time I leave tomorrow. :D

Will try, but have to be in Temple bright and early Saturday morning for a softball tourney.

LHHS_Mom
10-27-2011, 02:12 PM
Will try, but have to be in Temple bright and early Saturday morning for a softball tourney.

That sounds WAY early. Good thing there is Starbucks.:D

lv2937
10-27-2011, 09:25 PM
lampasasa 7th grade b team lost to burnet. burnet 7 th grade b team is unbeaten in district. the beat llano43 to 27 tonight. shouldof been 43 to0. llano only scored on our c team.

LH Panther Mom
10-27-2011, 09:51 PM
Well, we always get there around 6, so no problem there. But don't you actually have to sit to worry about knees in the back? :D

Panthers Rule - and tomorrow's no exception - Badgers Drool! ;)

LHPfactory
10-28-2011, 07:01 AM
lampasasa 7th grade b team lost to burnet. burnet 7 th grade b team is unbeaten in district. the beat llano43 to 27 tonight. shouldof been 43 to0. llano only scored on our c team.

Then LH 7th B and Burnet 7th B will be playing for the District Championship next thursday. My sons team lost last night (7th A) they will be runner up after beating Burnet 7th grade A team next week :) :)

The LH varsity will win the DC tonight!

LHPfactory
10-28-2011, 10:52 AM

I just looked up the yum factory on google, thats the kinda place i wanted to go to. Thanks for the info.

holcomb2012
10-28-2011, 11:59 AM
I just looked up the yum factory on google, thats the kinda place i wanted to go to. Thanks for the info.

The Yum Factory just reloacted a few days ago to 8176 E Highway 190, about 5 miles out of town

greendawg84
10-28-2011, 12:04 PM
Worth that drive for sure!

SintonFan
10-28-2011, 08:04 PM
Go LH Panthers!!!

holcomb2012
10-28-2011, 10:02 PM
Lampasas scores a touchdown with 20 seconds left to win 21-17

panfan
10-29-2011, 06:11 AM
Lampasas scores a touchdown with 20 seconds left to win 21-17

We all said it would be close and it was. Listened on KMAC and can only imagine the tension and excitment in the air during the last 2 minutes. Congrats to Badgers on a tough fought win.

LH Panther Mom
10-29-2011, 07:30 AM
Congrats to Badgers on a tough fought win.
I'll second that.

It was an exciting game, to say the least.

LHexPlayer
10-29-2011, 09:22 AM
Congrats to the Badgers. Go win a Div 1 state championship. It was a very good game.

holcomb2012
10-29-2011, 12:43 PM
Play of the game had to be the interception by the former Liberty Hill player as LH was close to scoring

panfan
10-30-2011, 07:33 AM
Play of the game had to be the interception by the former Liberty Hill player as LH was close to scoring
Can't argue on that one! I asked my boy if that was the same kid we knew, and he said yup, moved up there. Go kick some tail in D1 Badgers.

LHPfactory
10-30-2011, 07:30 PM
Best game I watched all year, both teams looking good and close match up, didnt like the last minute though, But hope the Badgers tear up D1.