PDA

View Full Version : Where are the Argyle Posters?

LionFan72
10-21-2011, 11:17 PM
Come on guys, we need some fodder, we know you have a team to deal with, why are you hiding?

OldNavy
10-23-2011, 08:07 AM
Come on guys, we need some fodder, we know you have a team to deal with, why are you hiding?

Funny question, coming from a Brownwood poster.:thinking:

LionFan72
10-23-2011, 06:57 PM
Funny question, coming from a Brownwood poster.:thinking:

Old Navy, so you have a dog in the fight, or just need your teeth stained? Drinking muddy waters in Florida ain't gonna help your football vision or your pearly whites.

OldNavy
10-23-2011, 07:40 PM
Old Navy, so you have a dog in the fight, or just need your teeth stained? Drinking muddy waters in Florida ain't gonna help your football vision or your pearly whites.

The water here is not muddy, just salty. Still not good for you drink too much. No dog in the fight, but a bobcat that gets around pretty good.

Argyle has never had a lot of posters, but I still see them pretty often. They did not start off this year talking much about their team, but I think they are comfortable that they can compete. I think last year they were pretty confident they would handle Sanger and it turned out to be a much closer contest than they bargened for. I think this year they are taking a more measured approach. However, with the QB, RB and lines they have this year, I don't think they will have as much trouble as last year.

What fodder are you looking for? Are you hoping for an Argyle / Brownwood match up in the Semi-finals?

As for the funny question, well, it's been pretty quiet from the usual Brownwood posters since the loss to Snyder. So, I was amused. If it bother's you, you are welcome to come here and we can discuss it over a brew while we surf fish. (Don't have a boat yet.):)

regaleagle
10-23-2011, 09:05 PM
Let's just say that after the Prosper defeat, the coaching staff is busy working on our running game with the boys. They are also concentrating on tightening up the D in all phases. We don't want to be one-dimensional, or too dependent on Aune to carry the whole load. So there is some development taking place. Last several games, we really concentrated on getting more reps for other rb's. Aune's numbers are nothing what they could be, but he comes out of each game(except Prosper) for at least a quarter, and many times almost 2/3 of the 2nd half. Todd Rodgers is an excellent head coach, and Argyle is fortunate to have him.

BLACK ATTACK
10-23-2011, 11:03 PM
Oh, we are around. Been busy for the most part. But also just taking it all in. Just sitting back and letting the Carthageites talk about Carthage and the Gilmerites talk about Gilmer, and so forth. I stuck my foot in my mouth last year where Carthage was concerned (guess ya'll did too), so I am a lot less apt to make the same mistake twice. I do think that the Sanger game will look much different than last year as they have played a JV schedule, and have played down to the wire against two teams that we blew out. As far as the playoffs go, if we can get our running game lined out and figure out how to stop quarterback draw, we will be just fine down the road.

MGAR
10-23-2011, 11:18 PM
Oh, we are around. Been busy for the most part. But also just taking it all in. Just sitting back and letting the Carthageites talk about Carthage and the Gilmerites talk about Gilmer, and so forth. I stuck my foot in my mouth last year where Carthage was concerned (guess ya'll did too), so I am a lot less apt to make the same mistake twice. I do think that the Sanger game will look much different than last year as they have played a JV schedule, and have played down to the wire against two teams that we blew out. As far as the playoffs go, if we can get our running game lined out and figure out how to stop quarterback draw, we will be just fine down the road.

Argyle > Carthage this year.

Txbroadcaster
10-24-2011, 01:32 AM
Argyle > Carthage this year.

Not so sure..Seen both..Argyle like someone said is trying to find the ground game..all year been up and down..Lowry is missed

these two teams at this point on same level talent wise

buckeyebob
10-24-2011, 04:20 AM
Just remember,...

LionFan72
10-24-2011, 08:00 AM
The water here is not muddy, just salty. Still not good for you drink too much. No dog in the fight, but a bobcat that gets around pretty good.

Argyle has never had a lot of posters, but I still see them pretty often. They did not start off this year talking much about their team, but I think they are comfortable that they can compete. I think last year they were pretty confident they would handle Sanger and it turned out to be a much closer contest than they bargened for. I think this year they are taking a more measured approach. However, with the QB, RB and lines they have this year, I don't think they will have as much trouble as last year.

What fodder are you looking for? Are you hoping for an Argyle / Brownwood match up in the Semi-finals?

As for the funny question, well, it's been pretty quiet from the usual Brownwood posters since the loss to Snyder. So, I was amused. If it bother's you, you are welcome to come here and we can discuss it over a brew while we surf fish. (Don't have a boat yet.):)

Don't think a rebuilding Brownwood will make the Semi-finals this year, but we are still trying! The injury bug hit us hard with concussions to our seasoned starters! I have family in the Argyle area, and was hoping to poke their ribs a bit! Argyle should be a factor in the playoffs again this year. Loss to Prosper and couple close games have taken a toll, just hoping they can get it together and turn it on!

MGAR
10-24-2011, 08:08 AM
Just remember,...

The Alamo?