PDA

View Full Version : Wimberley's costly win over Fredericksburg 35-14

lbjacj
10-21-2011, 09:47 PM
Texans colton fonville(knee) and brennen blakemore(shoulder) went out with first half injuries.Nicko Alana suffered a second half leg injury.
Don't know the severity of any of these but this is not good. Also dennis smith did not play at all.Not sure what's up with that. He was suited up and stood alone on the sideline for most of the game.

Tejastrue
10-21-2011, 09:53 PM
Texans colton fonville(knee) and brennen blakemore(shoulder) went out with first half injuries.Nicko Alana suffered a second half leg injury.
Don't know the severity of any of these but this is not good. Also dennis smith did not play at all.Not sure what's up with that. He was suited up and stood alone on the sideline for most of the game.

So how can you say it is costly, not knowing the severity?

Sportshack
10-21-2011, 09:59 PM
So how can you say it is costly, not knowing the severity?

Brennen had pec injury. Prob ok. Niko likely drained other knee. Should be ok. Colton could be dome with knee injury. Dennis will likely play next week.

rb585
10-21-2011, 10:07 PM
I heard torn pec for Brennan. Skeptical about that because not sure how they could make that diagnosis that quickly.

Heard Alana seems to be OK, but Fonville had a break.

gold_33
10-21-2011, 10:15 PM
Gonna be hard to make a run at state if all these guys are out significant time. Looks like Fonville is likely done, hopefully just a sprain with Alana but he could miss a few weeks, Blakemore hopefully a pulled and not torn pec because if its torn he could be out a while. All these guys are huge contributors and losing any of them is costly, add to it Gray already out and Oldmixon out this week and thats a lot of our starters. Dont know the deal with Smith but hopefully he's back next week because we will darn sure need him.

SintonFan
10-21-2011, 10:33 PM
Dangit. Hopefully they will be ok.
Prayers sent!

regaleagle
10-21-2011, 10:35 PM
That's just an unbelievable boatload of injuries to starters. I sure hope some of them are not gonna be season-ending.

Pudlugger
10-21-2011, 10:48 PM
Sorry to hear this but the Texans are too tough and can ride it out for a couple of rounds in the playoffs giving the injured time to heal. Remember some of those unsung heroes on the bench can earn some stripes now that they will be called up to duty. Don't despair, Wimberley always seems to find the way.

trojandad
10-21-2011, 10:59 PM
you guys and chapel hill.....its like yall are snakebit.....or blessed to get other guys playing time....remember how cold smith looked when he waited to play until the semi? maybe its a blessing in disguise, who knows? congrats on the win....

LionFan72
10-21-2011, 11:07 PM
Sorry for the injuries, seems you guys just can't get a break from the injury bug. Keep on plugging Texans, and hope the injured heal fast. Good luck!

Tejastrue
10-21-2011, 11:09 PM
Well..I refuse to be "doom and gloom" on this. We'll be just fine...

trojandad
10-21-2011, 11:17 PM

tell you what.....ill be "vrooom" and you can be "shazooom".....thatll handle that....

seriously, when you have word on your injuries wed sure like to know....competitors or not we sure dont want guys hurting...

LionFan72
10-21-2011, 11:21 PM

Nah, man, I didn't mean to make it sound bad, just you guys have had more than your fair share! Feeling y'all will be fine, but these are trying times. It is football and everyone has injuries, one bounce and things turn around!

gold_33
10-21-2011, 11:22 PM
you guys and chapel hill.....its like yall are snakebit.....or blessed to get other guys playing time....remember how cold smith looked when he waited to play until the semi? maybe its a blessing in disguise, who knows? congrats on the win....

Yea no joke!! Go this long in the season and keep most the guys healthy then in one game have 3 guys that are major players all go down with injuries is tough. Alana and Blakemore go both ways so losing either of them is twice as bad and they arent players you can just replace because they are impact players and Fonville was a preseason all state DE and plays with more intensity than anyone on D and losing him hurts the D-line. Hopefully some of these guys will be able to make it back without significant time missed because if we lose all 3 for the playoffs then it'll be tough to win a championship, not saying we cant but we'll need some guys to step way up.

LionFan72
10-21-2011, 11:34 PM
Good medicine, good doctors, tough athletic kids, and a penchant for winning goes a long way! Let's all hope and pray for the best, sure don't like seeing any kids hurt so that they can't play.

Tiger Dad
10-21-2011, 11:41 PM
Hope all your guys heal . We will be praying for them.

wimbo_pro
10-22-2011, 10:37 AM
Hope all your guys heal . We will be praying for them.

Thanks Tiger Dad. Unbelievable...but yet, totally believable after what we have been through these two years. TejasTrue said it best...lets not fret, we will be OK. What ever happens, happens. You play the cards dealt, and don't make excuses. Dig in and get it done.

<<< If I stop coming up with corny cliche's, I will start crying. >>>

trojandad
10-22-2011, 11:42 AM
injured animals are the toughest to cage, wimbo....if anybody can figure this one out, your coach can...

Tejastrue
10-22-2011, 11:45 AM
Nah, man, I didn't mean to make it sound bad, just you guys have had more than your fair share! Feeling y'all will be fine, but these are trying times. It is football and everyone has injuries, one bounce and things turn around!

Sorry LionFan72, my comments were not directed at you nor any other individual... As Wimbo said...we're getting kind of use to it around here...man I hate it for those young men...hopefully the injuries will heal fast...We have the players who can "step it up" in their absence. That's why I feel we'll be fine. Very grateful to the non Wimberley folk who have shared their words of support. It is much appreciated.:clap:

gambler1606
10-22-2011, 12:27 PM
Don't know the severity of any of these but this is not good. Also dennis smith did not play at all.Not sure what's up with that. He was suited up and stood alone on the sideline for most of the game. I hope all goes well for these great players, I know they will be missed if it's a season ending injury. Why was Smith on the sidelines?

ogg
10-22-2011, 12:34 PM
Sorry to hear this but the Texans are too tough and can ride it out for a couple of rounds in the playoffs giving the injured time to heal. Remember some of those unsung heroes on the bench can earn some stripes now that they will be called up to duty. Don't despair, Wimberley always seems to find the way.

I agree, Wimberley has a running back who was "called to duty" last year and at times, seems unstoppable. He was good as a freshman also. Sometimes given the starting role players compete at a higher level.

Tejastrue
10-22-2011, 03:06 PM
I agree, Wimberley has a running back who was "called to duty" last year and at times, seems unstoppable. He was good as a freshman also. Sometimes given the starting role players compete at a higher level.

The way the district is shaping up our next game at Navarro is huge for both teams. We'll need our guys to step up quickly. Both Navarro and Boerne are now legitimate contenders for the district title. Very shocked that Canyon Lake lost to Boerne though. Thought they would bounce right back.

wimtexan
10-22-2011, 06:11 PM
We have guys on this Texan team that have stepped up every year and will play where they are needed. This class of seniors have fought together with a history of major injuries since they played together as freshman. TEAM = TEXANS 2011 These 3 boys are a huge loss. I pray they heal and are back on the field. All 3 have future plans to play at the next level.
Just checking in. Please post updates on how they are doing.

gold_33
10-22-2011, 11:50 PM
We have guys on this Texan team that have stepped up every year and will play where they are needed. This class of seniors have fought together with a history of major injuries since they played together as freshman. TEAM = TEXANS 2011 These 3 boys are a huge loss. I pray they heal and are back on the field. All 3 have future plans to play at the next level.

Heard Blakemore may be back in a few weeks, Fonville is more than likely done with ACL, Alana was supposed to have MRI today but should be okay.

buckeyebob
10-23-2011, 04:50 AM
Gonna be hard to make a run at state if all these guys are out significant time. Looks like Fonville is likely done, hopefully just a sprain with Alana but he could miss a few weeks, Blakemore hopefully a pulled and not torn pec because if its torn he could be out a while. All these guys are huge contributors and losing any of them is costly, add to it Gray already out and Oldmixon out this week and thats a lot of our starters. Dont know the deal with Smith but hopefully he's back next week because we will darn sure need him.

Uh Oh!! The ground work is being laid...have to meet East Texas Speed at some time if you want a crown.

wimbo_pro
10-23-2011, 09:05 AM
Uh Oh!! The ground work is being laid...have to meet East Texas Speed at some time if you want a crown.

Oh stop Buckeyebob!! LOL...we all know that, no need to go scaring us again! I am not so worried about East Texas Speed as I am Region 4 teams, not because Region 4 teams are necessarily better...but because if we dont worry about them first, we will never get a chance to see the East Texas Speed!

wimbo_pro
10-23-2011, 09:07 AM

Hey WimTexan, good to see you here...post more often!!! You make a good point too...these boys/men step up everytime when this injury bug hits us. We will be ok.

Tejastrue
10-23-2011, 12:20 PM
A little bit of game coverage...

http://www.sanmarcosrecord.com/sports/x2117290478/High-School-Football-Texans-bull-past-the-Billies-35-14

HSFB
10-23-2011, 02:24 PM

uh, do you mean the type of East/Southeast Texas speed that we faced and beat (WO-S Deon Beasley & Earl Thomas) on our way to our last state championship?

Tejastrue
10-23-2011, 02:54 PM
Heard Blakemore may be back in a few weeks, Fonville is more than likely done with ACL, Alana was supposed to have MRI today but should be okay.

At least there is some positive news...thanks for posting Gold. I think we need to get the whole football team and as many participants as we can, to meet at our stadium, at midfield, and a have a "laying of hands" prayer for protection and healing...we could use some divine intervention...

Sportshack
10-24-2011, 12:12 PM
Heard that Alana has a knee sprain and will miss 1 to 3 weeks with intent to try and get back after 1 game if at all possible. Blakemore reportedly has a tear in pectoral muscle and is also expected to be out a couple of weeks. Fonville seems worse but nothing definitive yet as in MRI diagnosis.

It appears team will be without these all district/all state type players for games against Navarro and Boerne. Borene romped on CL. Navarro romped on Boerne the week before. Hard to figure. It appears final two regular season games will hae their challenges for sure. Navarro runs slot-T and WHS coaches know that offense inside and out. We should be able to stop it with Terreo taking Alana's spot and with Smith on outside.

Offense will have to continue to be creative without Blakemore in slot or Alana at TE. Replacing that production will be a challenge! Smith will be back and it will be interesting to see if he participates more. The good news is that lately the Texans have ben incorporating some quicker developing routes into passing game and that could help.

Boerne scares me more. I believe that they throw the ball. Blakemore and Gray being injured in secondary leaves a largely untested group working against a passing offense. However, Jones has gotten some valuable snaps and Cade Davis has played well as of late. McRoberts is also contributing. The problem is that WHS have not seen very many capable passing attacks this year.

The Texans should have the depth to adequately replace Alana and Fonville on defense. Blakemore in the secondary and on offense is trickier but doable.

Tejastrue
10-24-2011, 02:13 PM
Heard that Alana has a knee sprain and will miss 1 to 3 weeks with intent to try and get back after 1 game if at all possible. Blakemore reportedly has a tear in pectoral muscle and is also expected to be out a couple of weeks. Fonville seems worse but nothing definitive yet as in MRI diagnosis.

It appears team will be without these all district/all state type players for games against Navarro and Boerne. Borene romped on CL. Navarro romped on Boerne the week before. Hard to figure. It appears final two regular season games will hae their challenges for sure. Navarro runs slot-T and WHS coaches know that offense inside and out. We should be able to stop it with Terreo taking Alana's spot and with Smith on outside.

Offense will have to continue to be creative without Blakemore in slot or Alana at TE. Replacing that production will be a challenge! Smith will be back and it will be interesting to see if he participates more. The good news is that lately the Texans have ben incorporating some quicker developing routes into passing game and that could help.

Boerne scares me more. I believe that they throw the ball. Blakemore and Gray being injured in secondary leaves a largely untested group working against a passing offense. However, Jones has gotten some valuable snaps and Cade Davis has played well as of late. McRoberts is also contributing. The problem is that WHS have not seen very many capable passing attacks this year.

The Texans should have the depth to adequately replace Alana and Fonville on defense. Blakemore in the secondary and on offense is trickier but doable.

News tends to get better by the day..thanks for the update SS. As far as the CL -Boerne game.... not to taint what they did but Boerne did not exactly romp...CL continued to shoot themselves in the foot with turnovers in Boerne territory (3 fumbles, lost 2 ..2 interceptions) I think this was more about Canyon Lake is "much better than they played" as it being more about "Boerne is that good"... JMO...with that being said I tend to compare Boerne with Dripping Springs although Boerne's QB is much more athletic..like the fact this is a home game... Navarro... well, they are Navarro...as you said we should handle them just fine but they do have the x-tra incentive after last year's results and are at home...they also need this game to stay in contention for a playoff spot...this will be very interesting as to how this plays out...

wimbo_pro
10-24-2011, 02:27 PM
Even if we drop these next two, arent we still in the play-offs? I know this isa crazy question...but I would say (if I am right) that winning these two is less important than staying healthy.

clhsdad
10-24-2011, 02:33 PM
Even with the injuries I think the Texans win their last two games no problems. Canyon Lake has problems with a mobile QB that can pass and run new this was not going to be an easy game. As mentioned CL did turn over the ball twice inside Boerne's ten and once inside own ten. Credit to Boerne they took advantage of mistakes and won rather easily.

Tejastrue
10-24-2011, 02:34 PM
Even if we drop these next two, arent we still in the play-offs? I know this isa crazy question...but I would say (if I am right) that winning these two is less important than staying healthy.

Yes, 3rd spot is clinched having beaten CL (now 2 losses), Bandera and Fredericksburg.

Tejastrue
10-24-2011, 02:51 PM
Even with the injuries I think the Texans win their last two games no problems. Canyon Lake has problems with a mobile QB that can pass and run new this was not going to be an easy game. As mentioned CL did turn over the ball twice inside Boerne's ten and once inside own ten. Credit to Boerne they took advantage of mistakes and won rather easily.

Wow clhsdad...you're being a bit too humble... :clap: but you can't change my mind that CL is the better team...my point being, no turnovers, whole different ballgame...just curious as to how you compare this year's CL team as opposed to last year...

wimbo_pro
10-24-2011, 03:45 PM
Yes, 3rd spot is clinched having beaten CL (now 2 losses), Bandera and Fredericksburg.

I have therfore met my "gaurantee" that we would make the play offs. OGG, you may now say "wow, you were right!".LOL

gold_33
10-24-2011, 04:56 PM
Hopefully we can get Blakemore back by 2nd rd of playoffs, we will need his big play threat on offense the deeper we go so hopefully 3-4 weeks of recovery will be enough. Im sure with Blakemore being the competitor that he is will want to get back on the field as soon as he can. I wouldnt mind them holding Alana back til playoffs to ensure he's completely healthy and so he doesnt have a set back. With the return of Smith it should give him plenty of opportunities these next 2 weeks to get back in game shape and fill in for the loss of Blakemore on offense and give us that big play threat while Wilson grinds out the tough yards. We arent very deep at linebacker so I wonder if any kids will get moved up to help out the depth and save some guys before playoffs start.

bag-o-chips
10-24-2011, 06:06 PM
Sure hope those young men heal fast! It is tough to loose those type of players!

TexanAlum_06
10-25-2011, 11:34 AM
I'm in favor of sitting Alana until the playoffs, or at least adding an additional 7-10 days of recovery time after he's given a green light from the Doctor. If this is the same knee he injured around this time last year there's simply no reason, in my opinion, to risk re-injury by playing in the last 2 games.

With a playoff birth secured it's time to get healthy for the 'real season'. Plus, it would allow some backups a chance to gain some valuable experience.

Manso/V8
10-25-2011, 12:16 PM
Does WHS have a lot of players that go both ways (starting on offense and defense, special teams)?

rb585
10-25-2011, 01:48 PM
I'm in favor of sitting Alana until the playoffs, or at least adding an additional 7-10 days of recovery time after he's given a green light from the Doctor. If this is the same knee he injured around this time last year there's simply no reason, in my opinion, to risk re-injury by playing in the last 2 games.

With a playoff birth secured it's time to get healthy for the 'real season'. Plus, it would allow some backups a chance to gain some valuable experience.

Different knee, but I agree with you -- he shouldn't be playing in the next two games under any circumstances.

Tejastrue
10-25-2011, 04:34 PM

Different knee, but I agree with you -- he shouldn't be playing in the next two games under any circumstances.

Have no reason to doubt Coach Nelms and crew will take the cautious approach...

clhsdad
10-25-2011, 04:52 PM
Wow clhsdad...you're being a bit too humble... :clap: but you can't change my mind that CL is the better team...my point being, no turnovers, whole different ballgame...just curious as to how you compare this year's CL team as opposed to last year...

This years team is better I believe offensively but not as good on defensive. Passing game has to improve young QB who is learning each week. Hopefully we win the last two games and make the playoffs. Which I believe we will. Now of course we are counting on the Texans to handle Boerne and Navarro to help us out.

Tejastrue
10-25-2011, 08:38 PM
Thanks for the insight clhsdad... we'll try and do our best to accomodate....good luck ahead for those remaining district games...

ogg
10-26-2011, 02:50 PM
WOW, you were right Wimbo. Now what's your thoughts for the playoffs? LOL

Also, Navarro improves as the season progresses. May be an interesting game Friday.

Sportshack
10-26-2011, 10:27 PM
Does WHS have a lot of players that go both ways (starting on offense and defense, special teams)?

Alana played LB and split time at TE. Mann plays LB and G. Blakemore played WR and DB. Kelley plays DE and gets some reps at FB. Trint Wilson rb and LB. None really play every snap as the coaches are constantly running players in and out. However, 3 or 4 play quite a bit more than 1 way.