PDA

View Full Version : Rockdale @ La Grange updates...

Dogman_1969
10-21-2011, 07:18 PM
Rockdale turned it over on a pick and La Grange drove down and hung 7 on the Tigers....

Dogman_1969
10-21-2011, 07:31 PM
Rockdale dives length of field and missed fieldgoal wide right.....

Dogman_1969
10-21-2011, 07:46 PM
La Grange 14
Rockdale 0

Milk That Cow
10-21-2011, 10:10 PM
What was the Final?

Pudlugger
10-21-2011, 10:12 PM
La Grange 24 Rockdale 14. Way to go Leps. Rockdale made a game of it in the fourth with some fine passing from #8 and receiving from #15 but the Lep defense did not break. Rockdale has plenty of talent and excellent coaching but the Leps just would not be denied tonight. No turnovers only 4 penalties for 20 yards. Vinklarek must have been 15/20 for over 250 yards with no interceptions and a td. The Leps are tooling up for Caldwell next. Go Leps, beat the Hornets.

hookandladder
10-21-2011, 10:17 PM
La Grange 24 Rockdale 14. Way to go Leps. Rockdale made a game of it in the fourth with some fine passing from #8 and receiving from #15 but the Lep defense did not break. Rockdale has plenty of talent and excellent coaching but the Leps just would not be denied tonight. No turnovers only 4 penalties for 20 yards. Vinklarek must have been 15/20 for over 250 yards with no interceptions and a td. The Leps are tooling up for Caldwell next. Go Leps, beat the Hornets.

Pud, we did have one turnover a fumble deep in our territory that Rockdale scored their first TD. Our D played well and our offense was just good enough to get the win, Rockdales LB (#10) David is a manchild.

Roughneck93
10-21-2011, 10:19 PM
Congrats LG! :clap:

Pudlugger
10-21-2011, 10:30 PM
Pud, we did have one turnover a fumble deep in our territory that Rockdale scored their first TD. Our D played well and our offense was just good enough to get the win, Rockdales LB (#10) David is a manchild.

Opps my bad. I forgot about that one LOL. Yes and#10 is only a sophomore! Lots of talent on the Rockdale team. Our offense looked good but I would like to see #40 carry the rock more as he is our strongest running back. #22 and #20 found the holes and punched out some yardage as well. #18 has settled down to take command and demonstrated in dramatic fashion that the Lep offense has many weapons. The biggest and most welcome surprise this season though goes to sophomore #88. He only dropped one pass all night and will be a standout in the next 2 seasons. Interesting that the coaches only discovered him in game 6 this season. The kid is automatic. I like our chances going forward. Next week the Leps need to build on their intensity to set the stage for the showdown in Smithville. I think Rockdale can beat Giddings, they impressed me tonight. D23 is getting very interesting.

hookandladder
10-21-2011, 11:28 PM
Opps my bad. I forgot about that one LOL. Yes and#10 is only a sophomore! Lots of talent on the Rockdale team. Our offense looked good but I would like to see #40 carry the rock more as he is our strongest running back. #22 and #20 found the holes and punched out some yardage as well. #18 has settled down to take command and demonstrated in dramatic fashion that the Lep offense has many weapons. The biggest and most welcome surprise this season though goes to sophomore #88. He only dropped one pass all night and will be a standout in the next 2 seasons. Interesting that the coaches only discovered him in game 6 this season. The kid is automatic. I like our chances going forward. Next week the Leps need to build on their intensity to set the stage for the showdown in Smithville. I think Rockdale can beat Giddings, they impressed me tonight. D23 is getting very interesting.

Yes District race is getting very interesting but a Smithville win at Navasota would turn the lights out for a Lep playoff spot, #88 has impressed me also the kid has a chance to be something special. We will have to be pulling for the Rattlers next week, one game at a time.

Pudlugger
10-21-2011, 11:41 PM
Navasota will beat Giddings and Smithville by more than 1 and so will we. The district will end up 5-0 Navasota, 3-2 Smithville, 3-2 Giddings and3-2 La Grange with the Leps in second place on points(first place to D1 Navasota with 2nd place Leps to D23W seed in Region III in DII). You heard it here. Go Leps, Win out!

87 TIGER
10-22-2011, 12:15 AM
What about Navasota 5-0 Smithville 4-1 3 way tie for 3rd, Rock beats Giddings, smithville beats Lagrange, It's a 3 way tie for 3rd Only kicker is that Rockdale would have to beat giddings by more than 10 I think.

Bull's-eye
10-22-2011, 01:24 AM
Good game Leps!

Pudlugger
10-22-2011, 06:37 AM
What about Navasota 5-0 Smithville 4-1 3 way tie for 3rd, Rock beats Giddings, smithville beats Lagrange, It's a 3 way tie for 3rd Only kicker is that Rockdale would have to beat giddings by more than 10 I think.

Interesting. I think Rockdale needs to beat Giddings by18(LG is +7 Giddings is +3 and Rockdale is -10 going into the Rockdale v Giddings match) for your scenario to work out. As you noted it ain't over by any means. Good luck the rest of the way.

hookandladder
10-22-2011, 08:22 AM

It is a crazy race in District, your team is still pretty damn talented with David being a beast. You guys I think would have won our District if your two studs were still playing, also I do feel you guys have a shot at beating Giddings. Good Luck.

Coach BS
10-22-2011, 09:00 AM
Once again the turn over bug killed Rockdale, Not taking anything away from LG, they did a great job and did what they had to do to win. But on the first offensive play the Tigers throw an int and LG turns it into 6 with a short field, Tigers drive the length of the field on next drive to the 11 and miss field goal. They also go for a forth down at midfield 4th and 8 or so and convert the reciever tries to break tackle and score and he fumbles. The QB for the tigers had an off night, his passes were really pretty bad . Tigers are not that good this year but I think they help out the leps with a home win over Giddings.