PDA

View Full Version : Prosper vs. Nevada Community

Leopard4Life
10-21-2011, 01:20 PM
Prosper plays Nevada Community tonight at Community. I know that you want your kids in shape and ready to play in the playoffs, but if Prosper doesn't call off the dogs early in this one they could easily score over a 100 (maybe before the half). Princeton hung 70 on Community last week. I'm guessing that Prosper's defense will easily outscore Community's offense.

OldNavy
10-21-2011, 01:46 PM
Prosper plays Nevada Community tonight at Community. I know that you want your kids in shape and ready to play in the playoffs, but if Prosper doesn't call off the dogs early in this one they could easily score over a 100 (maybe before the half). Princeton hung 70 on Community last week. I'm guessing that Prosper's defense will easily outscore Community's offense.

I expect you are right. Community is having a bad year.

Farmersfan
10-21-2011, 02:41 PM
The Community team had lost 3 of their starting QBs and had moved their only real athlete left from Rb to QB in their game against the Farmers. This kid was the ONLY talent they had left and the Farmers beat them pretty bad. I noticed that even he was out when Community played Princeton last week. I don't think I have ever seen a worse case of the walking wounded as Community is suffering through right now.

Farmersfan
10-21-2011, 02:48 PM
Adam Rabon, QB/RB for Community

Against the Farmers:

completed 16 of 32 for 173 yards
Rushed 40 times for 157 yards

330 total yards for Rabon
24 total yards for the rest of the team

Leopard4Life
10-21-2011, 03:03 PM
The Community team had lost 3 of their starting QBs and had moved their only real athlete left from Rb to QB in their game against the Farmers. This kid was the ONLY talent they had left and the Farmers beat them pretty bad. I noticed that even he was out when Community played Princeton last week. I don't think I have ever seen a worse case of the walking wounded as Community is suffering through right now.

Lovejoy, Brownwood and Abilene Wylie are walking wounded. The big differences is that we all have 900 + and are a lot deeper than Community. Hopefully they make it out of the Prosper game without any more injuries.

Farmersfan
10-21-2011, 03:08 PM

Leopard4Life, You know that if the Farmers beat Princeton tonight at home and Princeton manages to beat Lovejoy next week we will have a 3 way tie for the #2 and #3 spot in the playoffs. Right? Of course that is assuming everyone can beat Frisco. (which isn't a guarantee with the Farmers). The saving grace for all this is the Farmers have Princeton at home tongiht and Lonestar at home the last game of the season...................... You guys have Princeton in your house but will be in Frisco tonight! Other than Prosper I don't see any team in this district having much playoff success regardless of which gets in but the goal is to get in, right?

Farmersfan
10-21-2011, 03:09 PM
Lovejoy, Brownwood and Abilene Wylie are walking wounded. The big differences is that we all have 900 + and are a lot deeper than Community. Hopefully they make it out of the Prosper game without any more injuries.

I'm pretty sure the Prosper JV would beat Community right now.................

Leopard4Life
10-21-2011, 03:12 PM
I'm pretty sure the Prosper JV would beat Community right now.................

Guess we will find out tonight. If Prosper has any mercy their JV will play the whole game.

gambler1606
10-21-2011, 05:00 PM
Adam Rabon, QB/RB for Community

Against the Farmers:

completed 16 of 32 for 173 yards
Rushed 40 times for 157 yards

330 total yards for Rabon
24 total yards for the rest of the team WOW!! Sounds like a Stud to me,but I'm gonna have to go with Prosper on this one

WildTexan972
10-21-2011, 09:55 PM
Leopard4Life, You know that if the Farmers beat Princeton tonight at home and Princeton manages to beat Lovejoy next week we will have a 3 way tie for the #2 and #3 spot in the playoffs. Right? Of course that is assuming everyone can beat Frisco. (which isn't a guarantee with the Farmers). The saving grace for all this is the Farmers have Princeton at home tongiht and Lonestar at home the last game of the season...................... You guys have Princeton in your house but will be in Frisco tonight! Other than Prosper I don't see any team in this district having much playoff success regardless of which gets in but the goal is to get in, right?

football playoffs is like your prom date in hs.....just gettin in is the key....

Allen is losing late in 5A football

Leopard4Life
10-22-2011, 02:26 PM

Farmersville almost pulled it off. 41-39 is a lot closer than I expected. Lovejoy rolled Lone Star pretty easily after getting down. Looks like Lovejoy and Princeton will have to battle it out for 2nd and 3rd. I'm thinking Lovejoy wins that game, and not just because I'm a homer. Right now, on paper at least, Princenton and Prosper are tied at 3-0 in district and don't play each other until the final game of the season @ Princeton. A lot can happen between now and then but here is my projection:

Prosper 5-0
Lovejoy 4-1
Princeton 3-2
Farmersville 2-3
Lonestar 1-4
Community 0-5

Leopard4Life
10-22-2011, 02:30 PM
Congratulation to the Prosper coaching staff for not humilating a down Community football team. The score was 63-2 and Prosper held back as much as they could. How do you tell as Backup/JV kid that "you never get to play and your going to get a lot of PT tonight, but I want you to take it easy out there".

If Prosper would have unleashed Javelle Allen and the Hunter brothers they could have broken every passing and rushing record in the state.

Farmersfan
10-22-2011, 05:34 PM
Farmersville almost pulled it off. 41-39 is a lot closer than I expected. Lovejoy rolled Lone Star pretty easily after getting down. Looks like Lovejoy and Princeton will have to battle it out for 2nd and 3rd. I'm thinking Lovejoy wins that game, and not just because I'm a homer. Right now, on paper at least, Princenton and Prosper are tied at 3-0 in district and don't play each other until the final game of the season @ Princeton. A lot can happen between now and then but here is my projection:

Prosper 5-0
Lovejoy 4-1
Princeton 3-2
Farmersville 2-3
Lonestar 1-4
Community 0-5

I didn't watch Lovejoy and Farmersville last week so I really can't compare Lovejoy to Princeton. All I can say is that the Princeton coach needs to do more recruiting in Frisco and McKinney because they are better but not close to being good enough to make any noise in the playoffs. The Farmers are pretty weak on defense but they should have beaten Princeton but of course they couldn't even kick an extra point. The great thing is that the QB is only a junior and the starting RB is a sophomore. When the starting RB got hurt last night we had 2 freshman step up. I think the Farmers will get better.
I don't think Princeton will beat Lovejoy unless they play a lot better at home than they did in Farmersville. Good luck to you guys.

Leopard4Life
10-22-2011, 09:24 PM
I didn't watch Lovejoy and Farmersville last week so I really can't compare Lovejoy to Princeton. All I can say is that the Princeton coach needs to do more recruiting in Frisco and McKinney because they are better but not close to being good enough to make any noise in the playoffs. The Farmers are pretty weak on defense but they should have beaten Princeton but of course they couldn't even kick an extra point. The great thing is that the QB is only a junior and the starting RB is a sophomore. When the starting RB got hurt last night we had 2 freshman step up. I think the Farmers will get better.
I don't think Princeton will beat Lovejoy unless they play a lot better at home than they did in Farmersville. Good luck to you guys.

Lovejoy looked totally different against Lone Star than they did against Farmersville. We brought a group of JV kids up to backfill the injuries. They did a great job. Also our backup QB is in because our starter is in a arm sling with a collar bone injury. The backup is a little under-sized but a good runner and keep plays alive with quick feet rolling out of the pocket. It isn't hard to look good against a down team like Lone Star. There won't be a clear picture until the playoffs.

Farmersfan good luck next week with Prosper @ Prosper...

Farmersfan
10-24-2011, 08:52 AM
Lovejoy looked totally different against Lone Star than they did against Farmersville. We brought a group of JV kids up to backfill the injuries. They did a great job. Also our backup QB is in because our starter is in a arm sling with a collar bone injury. The backup is a little under-sized but a good runner and keep plays alive with quick feet rolling out of the pocket. It isn't hard to look good against a down team like Lone Star. There won't be a clear picture until the playoffs.

Farmersfan good luck next week with Prosper @ Prosper...

If Lovejoy has a decent defensive backfield they should handle Princeton pretty well. At least 3 times in our game with Princeton we had them in a 4th and long and their QB threw up a duck that got caught for a 1st down. I'm not exaggerating when I say he threw up ducks!!!!! It was end over end and wobbling like it had been kicked instead of thrown. If Lovejoy can stop the QB keeper they should handle Princeton pretty easily.

Leopard4Life
10-24-2011, 05:48 PM
If Lovejoy has a decent defensive backfield they should handle Princeton pretty well. At least 3 times in our game with Princeton we had them in a 4th and long and their QB threw up a duck that got caught for a 1st down. I'm not exaggerating when I say he threw up ducks!!!!! It was end over end and wobbling like it had been kicked instead of thrown. If Lovejoy can stop the QB keeper they should handle Princeton pretty easily.

Lovejoy has had a suspect secondary since last year. It only got worse after halftime in the Argyle game when I starting Safety tore some ligaments in his shoulder and ended his season. The bright point in the secondary is that the coach finally pulled the trigger and called up some speed from JV. The JV kids that came up did a good job on both D and filled in the receiver core. Lovejoy finally seems to be coming together, but it is easy to be optomistic when you play Lone Star. Should be a good game against Princeton, with Lovejoy easily coming out of top. If they can't handle Princenton easily this will be a short post-season.

Farmersfan
10-25-2011, 03:06 PM
Lovejoy has had a suspect secondary since last year. It only got worse after halftime in the Argyle game when I starting Safety tore some ligaments in his shoulder and ended his season. The bright point in the secondary is that the coach finally pulled the trigger and called up some speed from JV. The JV kids that came up did a good job on both D and filled in the receiver core. Lovejoy finally seems to be coming together, but it is easy to be optomistic when you play Lone Star. Should be a good game against Princeton, with Lovejoy easily coming out of top. If they can't handle Princenton easily this will be a short post-season.

I'm thinking I might forego the Farmers game in Prosper and go see you guys play in Princeton. You are playing IN Princeton, corrrect? Or maybe I will go spend the weekend at Lake Fork. the bite should be turning on soon!!! :cheerl:

Leopard4Life
10-25-2011, 03:14 PM
I'm thinking I might forego the Farmers game in Prosper and go see you guys play in Princeton. You are playing IN Princeton, corrrect? Or maybe I will go spend the weekend at Lake Fork. the bite should be turning on soon!!! :cheerl:

The game is at Lovejoy.