PDA

View Full Version : 2A But Why Haven't We heard of This Guy Before?

ronwx5x
10-21-2011, 09:43 AM
580 Yards on 20 carries, 7 TD's, can pass the ball and that's just 1 game. Wow!

http://rivals.yahoo.com/highschool/blog/prep_rally/post/Statistically-speaking-Texas-QB-rushes-for-560-?urn=highschool-wp7397

Saggy Aggie
10-21-2011, 09:44 AM
580 Yards on 20 carries, 7 TD's, can pass the ball and that's just 1 game. Wow! who? lol

ronwx5x
10-21-2011, 09:47 AM
Who? LOL you.

MGAR
10-21-2011, 09:55 AM
lol If you never heard of him then I dunno...

Kids a beast... One of the states top recruits for next year and also a stud basketball player.

A side note. His 525 yards rushing rushing is tied for 3rd best every in Texas for a single game. Three of the top five marks have been set this year, two of them by quarterbacks.

Saggy Aggie
10-21-2011, 10:02 AM
When i quoted, there was no link. Guess I was supposed to magically know who this thread was about?

StangEm
10-21-2011, 10:03 AM
Check his birth certificate

SHSBulldog00
10-21-2011, 10:04 AM
I knew of him before anyone.

OLE'BULL
10-21-2011, 10:56 AM
What about that receiver? #8? He looks like a hoss too...

MGAR
10-21-2011, 11:01 AM
What about that receiver? #8? He looks like a hoss too...

He has offers from Baylor and North Texas..

Him (6'6) and Swoopes(6'5) are the main reason Whitewright is ranked as high as #3 in Preseason Hoops polls.

gatordaze
10-21-2011, 01:00 PM
580 Yards on 20 carries, 7 TD's, can pass the ball and that's just 1 game. Wow!

http://rivals.yahoo.com/highschool/blog/prep_rally/post/Statistically-speaking-Texas-QB-rushes-for-560-?urn=highschool-wp7397

2013 Lonestar Rankings has him #1 in Texas

#1- Tyrone Swoopes QB Whitewright
#2- A'Shawn Robinson DT Fort Worth Arlington Heights
#3- Derrick Griffin WR Rosenberg Terry
#4- Ricky Seals-Jones WR Sealy
#5- Justin Manning DT Dallas Kimball
#6- Antwuan Davis DB Bastrop
#7- Darius James OL Harker Heights
#8- Chris Johnson QB Bryan
#9- Jamar Gibson WR Baytown Sterling
#10- Kent Perkins OL Lake Highlands
#11- Jake Oliver WR Dallas Jesuit
#12- Jake Raulerson OL Celina
#13 -Ja'Braylin Thomas OL Weimar
#14- Paul Whitmill LB Bastrop
#15- Marcell Ateman WR Wylie East...

He also has offers from TCU, TAMU, Notre Dame, Stanford and Texas Tech

Farmersfan
10-21-2011, 01:22 PM
I didn't see any referrences to this in the article or on here but this young man is the nephew of Texas Tech and WNBA superstar Sheryl Swoops. I have had several conversations with people about this kid. It's pretty amazing he is getting so much attention not only at the 2A level but as a Junior.

BaseballUmp
10-21-2011, 01:32 PM
I didn't see any referrences to this in the article or on here but this young man is the nephew of Texas Tech and WNBA superstar Sheryl Swoops. I have had several conversations with people about this kid. It's pretty amazing he is getting so much attention not only at the 2A level but as a Junior.

Are the last names even spelled the same? Something you should check before you ask lol

Leopard4Life
10-21-2011, 01:43 PM
BIG FISH, small pond. Don't want to be the one to bring the negativity (reality) to this thread. This kid has 5A talent so he is putting up huge 2A numbers. He reminds me a lot of Javelle Allen from Prosper, but Javelle puts up numbers on 3A teams. Based of stats, yes he is number 1 in Texas. Based of talent and probability to excel at the next level, I don't know. The teams they are playing in the video look like Middle School programs and maybe Freshman at best.

Troy Aikman came from a tiny school in Oklahoma where he looked bigger than his O-line. For every Troy there are 1000's of BIG FISH in small ponds that no one ever hears of again.

coachc45
10-21-2011, 01:44 PM
He is the nephew of Shery Swoopes. It is on his Rivals Bio and in Several other article about the kid.

coachc45
10-21-2011, 01:47 PM
The boy has Talent and I would believe that the Scouts Recruiting him would take into account that he plays 2A. I've never known big-time programs to recruit a kid off of stats. They recruit off of Measurables and projections.

Matthew328
10-21-2011, 01:58 PM
He is a stud and a fantastic kid to boot.

ronwx5x
10-21-2011, 02:15 PM
So everyone has heard of him except me? He has great skills no matter what class he plays in.

Farmersfan
10-21-2011, 02:30 PM
Are the last names even spelled the same? Something you should check before you ask lol

I don't have to check it Ump! I know people in Whitewright who know the entire family. He IS the nephew of Sheryl Swoopes.................

bigwood33
10-21-2011, 03:30 PM
I didn't see any referrences to this in the article or on here but this young man is the nephew of Texas Tech and WNBA superstar Sheryl Swoops.
Not exactly. I asked Tyrone this summer and he told me that Sheryl is "like his 3rd cousin" and he doesn't think that he has ever met her.
The kid is a great athlete but I can't imagine him playing QB in college, average arm and below average accuracy. When we played them in 7 on 7, they were better with him at WR and their backup QB was playing. The big TE/WR is an absolute beast of an athlete but he doesn't always work real hard. I think Tyrone can play WR for anybody but I doubt seriously that the other kid ever gets on the field on Saturdays.

coachc45
10-21-2011, 03:46 PM
Not exactly. I asked Tyrone this summer and he told me that Sheryl is "like his 3rd cousin" and he doesn't think that he has ever met her.
The kid is a great athlete but I can't imagine him playing QB in college, average arm and below average accuracy. When we played them in 7 on 7, they were better with him at WR and their backup QB was playing. The big TE/WR is an absolute beast of an athlete but he doesn't always work real hard. I think Tyrone can play WR for anybody but I doubt seriously that the other kid ever gets on the field on Saturdays.

I wonder why almost every article I read about him says he is her nephew?

Pendragon13
10-21-2011, 03:59 PM
BIG FISH, small pond. Don't want to be the one to bring the negativity (reality) to this thread. This kid has 5A talent so he is putting up huge 2A numbers. He reminds me a lot of Javelle Allen from Prosper, but Javelle puts up numbers on 3A teams. Based of stats, yes he is number 1 in Texas. Based of talent and probability to excel at the next level, I don't know. The teams they are playing in the video look like Middle School programs and maybe Freshman at best.

Troy Aikman came from a tiny school in Oklahoma where he looked bigger than his O-line. For every Troy there are 1000's of BIG FISH in small ponds that no one ever hears of again.Colt McCoy played at the 2A level and never even won the state championship..

bigwood33
10-21-2011, 04:14 PM
I wonder why almost every article I read about him says he is her nephew?
Don't know but I asked him directly (I also had heard that he was her nephew) and that is what he told me. I suppose he could just be tired of talking about it/her. He is a nice, polite kid (yes sir/no sir every time I have been around him). He is certainly on everyone's "wish list".

bigwood33
10-21-2011, 04:16 PM
Colt McCoy played at the 2A level and never even won the state championship..
In football but I think they won state in basketball his senior year.

BEAST
10-21-2011, 04:17 PM
Any chance the Mighty boys from Refugio could meet this bunch come playoff time? Id pay money to see that one.

BEAST

coachc45
10-21-2011, 04:20 PM
Don't know but I asked him directly (I also had heard that he was her nephew) and that is what he told me. I suppose he could just be tired of talking about it/her. He is a nice, polite kid (yes sir/no sir every time I have been around him). He is certainly on everyone's "wish list".

My cousin has him in class...she's gonna ask him monday. That way I'll have it "indirectly" from the horse's mouth too. lol

bobcat4life
10-22-2011, 01:44 AM
I knew of him before anyone.
Ive known him since he was in Pee Wee football. I played against him LOL he is a beast

bigwood33
10-22-2011, 07:25 AM
Any chance the Mighty boys from Refugio could meet this bunch come playoff time? Id pay money to see that one.

BEAST

No, Whitewright isn't real good. I doubt seriously they can beat Gunter.

eagles_victory
10-22-2011, 09:44 AM
In football but I think they won state in basketball his senior year. I think they lost to Kountze in the championship. Colt wasn't even the best player and I believe that was the Ashton Hall years in Kountze.

bigwood33
10-22-2011, 07:33 PM

BEAST
To support my earlier post saying that Whitewright isn't very good, they lost to a VERY average Leonard team, 41-14.