PDA

View Full Version : WS Game 2: TEX @ STL

Tin Cup
10-20-2011, 05:12 PM
Game 1 is over and done.

Will CL have his dominant postseason road stuff or will he follow suit in the below par starting pitching we've seen thus far?

Let's hope he's on and the BOOMSTICKS are out!

SintonFan_inAustin
10-20-2011, 05:24 PM
Its been about a month and half since the Rangers have lost 2 games in a row, that was against the Red Soxs from Aug 23-25. Rangers rebound tonight with a win to even the series! GO RANGERS!

Tejastrue
10-20-2011, 05:38 PM
Seems like we lost a game one not too long ago and bounced right back. I'm looking for Colby to come thru and help us even the series...Lets go Rangers..:clap: :1popcorn:

ExScoop
10-20-2011, 06:37 PM
Really need to win Game 2-Don't want to fall behind in the series

eagleqb_14
10-20-2011, 07:33 PM
Rangers get the bats going!!!!! Lets go rangers!!!!!!! We believe

Tin Cup
10-20-2011, 07:35 PM
Great pitching for both. Advantage goes to hitters now on 2nd time around.

Here come the Big Flys!!!

Txbroadcaster
10-20-2011, 07:43 PM
It is time to sit Hambone, he is hurting the team more than helping

Tin Cup
10-20-2011, 07:48 PM
It is time to sit Hambone, he is hurting the team more than helping

I hate to admit that you may be right on here. Murphy would at least have better looking swings.

Roughneck93
10-20-2011, 07:55 PM
Awesome DP right there.

pirate4state
10-20-2011, 08:39 PM
This has been a great game. Hope they blink first, but the longer it goes the more I feel St. Louis has the edge. :/

Tin Cup
10-20-2011, 08:47 PM
CL was unreal. Gave us every opportunity in the world to get the W. Now it's every one else's turn

ExScoop
10-20-2011, 08:52 PM
This could end up being a 1-0 game if Rangers bats don't get going

Farmersfan
10-20-2011, 08:54 PM
The Rangers are frusterating me to death. They are making this Garcia guy look like a Ace. The hitting is doing exactly what it did last year in the world series.

Tin Cup
10-20-2011, 08:55 PM
The Rangers are frusterating me to death. They are making this Garcia guy look like a Ace. The hitting is doing exactly what it did last year in the world series.

We are struggling for sure but give both pitchers credit. They were both outstanding.

orange machine
10-20-2011, 09:00 PM
Pitching has been good for the Cards, but the Rangers have seen much better. The Rangers are just not batting good it is very frustrating.

orange machine
10-20-2011, 09:04 PM
I really can't believe how awful the Rangers are batting these pitchers are not that good.

Farmersfan
10-20-2011, 09:07 PM
I really can't believe how awful the Rangers are batting these pitchers are not that good.

Garcia was made to look like Cliff Lee at his best by the horrible swings by our guys. He is almost 3 runs worse ERA than Colby is yet he looks untouchable. I agree! Carpenter and Garcia both have been allowed to get away with a ton of bad pitches that our guys just stand and look at.

Tin Cup
10-20-2011, 09:07 PM

You could argue that Lewis isn't very good but look what he did. Great pitching always beats hitting.

Please note: You do NOT have to be a great pitcher to have a great pitching night.

eagles_victory
10-20-2011, 09:12 PM
Rangers have missed some mistakes but give credit where credit is due to the Cardinal pitching.

Tin Cup
10-20-2011, 09:14 PM
We may very well be down 0-2 here in a few minutes but we were one swing away from winning both. We just need to make a few plays! It's not over by any means.

Farmersfan
10-20-2011, 09:21 PM
Do or die time now Rangers!

Tejastrue
10-20-2011, 09:33 PM
Come on Josh!!!

Farmersfan
10-20-2011, 09:33 PM
Finally the Rangers get something going. A. Rhodes served up lame duck pitches to the Rangers opponents when he was in Texas so maybe he will do the same to Josh...........

Roughneck93
10-20-2011, 09:35 PM
What a game.

eagles_victory
10-20-2011, 09:36 PM
Very productive out from Josh. Mike lives for these situations.

eagleqb_14
10-20-2011, 09:37 PM
its getting crazy!!!! 1-1!!! lets go rangers!!!!!!!!!! come on mike!!!!

Tejastrue
10-20-2011, 09:37 PM
You could argue that Lewis isn't very good but look what he did. Great pitching always beats hitting.

Please note: You do NOT have to be a great pitcher to have a great pitching night.

I'd have Lewis on my team anytime...look at his postseason stats and innings he puts in each year in the regular season..he's a workhorse

eagleqb_14
10-20-2011, 09:39 PM
2-1!!!!!

Roughneck93
10-20-2011, 09:40 PM
Great job Mike!

Farmersfan
10-20-2011, 09:40 PM
Yes, Yes, Yes!!!!!!!!

eagleqb_14
10-20-2011, 09:41 PM
3 outs all we need

Tin Cup
10-20-2011, 09:42 PM
Execution is a great thing ain't it boys!!!!

And kinsler was safe no doubt about it!!!

Farmersfan
10-20-2011, 09:42 PM
Come on Feliz......... No playing around with these guys. My heart can't take it. 3 quick outs and head back to Texas.

Tejastrue
10-20-2011, 09:43 PM
And that's why Josh is still in the ballgame...

eagleqb_14
10-20-2011, 09:49 PM
lets go feliz!!! we believe!!!!! 2 outs away

Farmersfan
10-20-2011, 09:49 PM
Feliz is trying to over throw. He just needs to make good pitches.

eagleqb_14
10-20-2011, 09:52 PM
1 out away!! we can do it men

Roughneck93
10-20-2011, 09:54 PM
Yes sir!!! :clap:

ExScoop
Way to rally in the top of the 9th to win it and get good pitching in the bottom half

Farmersfan
Ball game............. Way to come back boys! First time since 01' a team has come from behind in the 8th or later to win a World Series game. Bring it back to Texas

Tejastrue
Nice comeback...:clap:

Tin Cup
10-20-2011, 09:58 PM
We are always in a game. Washington overmanaged again tonight I guess.

pirate4state
10-20-2011, 10:01 PM
woot, woot...former Sinton Pirate, Mike Adams win that game 2 win baby!!! It is so awesome to watch him pitch in the WORLD FREAKIN' SERIES!!! He & my brother played all through HS.

Tejastrue
10-20-2011, 10:10 PM
woot, woot...former Sinton Pirate, Mike Adams win that game 2 win baby!!! It is so awesome to watch him pitch in the WORLD FREAKIN' SERIES!!! He & my brother played all through HS.

Congrats...Nice job by Adams. Nice job really by the whole Ranger pitching staff :clap:

regaleagle
10-20-2011, 10:12 PM
Going home with a split from St. Louis. I think the Rangers will take that. Put some questions into the minds of the Cards when they beat them with good base-running, pitching, and defense. Not much hitting from either side, and the Rangers still won! Allright, Rangers.

'Necks 2013-14
10-20-2011, 10:17 PM
woot, woot...former Sinton Pirate, Mike Adams win that game 2 win baby!!! It is so awesome to watch him pitch in the WORLD FREAKIN' SERIES!!! He & my brother played all through HS.SWEET!!! B proud and B loud!!! Now get back over to the football talk P4S.....I'm tryin' to start a little early smack!!!:)

Eagle 1
10-20-2011, 10:26 PM
Nice come back win, sure needed that.
Now maybe the Rangers can get rid of those bats with hOles in them and get some hits at home!

D_bird
10-20-2011, 11:09 PM
I'm a homer, but tonight was huge. For some reason I feel like the Cardinals are going to have a very difficult time now of winning a game in Arlington. Not saying they won't win a game here, but my gut feeling is that it will be very difficult for the Cardinals to win here.

I feel like if the Rangers lost tonight that the Cardinals were going to have a huge advantage, now I feel like it's the Rangers with the big advantage.

eagles_victory
10-21-2011, 06:55 AM
I'm a homer, but tonight was huge. For some reason I feel like the Cardinals are going to have a very difficult time now of winning a game in Arlington. Not saying they won't win a game here, but my gut feeling is that it will be very difficult for the Cardinals to win here.

I feel like if the Rangers lost tonight that the Cardinals were going to have a huge advantage, now I feel like it's the Rangers with the big advantage. Best of 7 series when you win a game feels like you're never going to lose again when you lose it feels like you're never going to win again.

Farmersfan
10-21-2011, 07:51 AM
Best of 7 series when you win a game feels like you're never going to lose again when you lose it feels like you're never going to win again.

If the Ranger hitters don't start seeing the ball even the games at home will go like the first two. I really don't see any reason why the Rangers shouldn't beat these Cardinals by at least 3 or 4 runs every game at home. The #3 and #4 starters for the Cards have not been very good at all. Game 3 starter Lohse is 0-2 with a 7.45 ERA. But then again both Carpenter and Garcia looked way better against the Rangers than should have. Momentum is a bitch and the Cards can take it right back if they can somehow manage to win game 3. But I see the Rangers finally getting some offense going and scoring some runs. I think the Rangers win 2 out of 3 at home and then beat Carpenter in game 6 in St. Louis..................

GrTigers6
10-21-2011, 08:42 AM
If the Ranger hitters don't start seeing the ball even the games at home will go like the first two. I really don't see any reason why the Rangers shouldn't beat these Cardinals by at least 3 or 4 runs every game at home. The #3 and #4 starters for the Cards have not been very good at all. Game 3 starter Lohse is 0-2 with a 7.45 ERA. But then again both Carpenter and Garcia looked way better against the Rangers than should have. Momentum is a bitch and the Cards can take it right back if they can somehow manage to win game 3. But I see the Rangers finally getting some offense going and scoring some runs. I think the Rangers win 2 out of 3 at home and then beat Carpenter in game 6 in St. Louis..................I think the cold weather was a big factor on the hitting. We will see if they continue to struggle at home.

hollywood
10-21-2011, 09:07 AM

That's awesome! I bet there were some woot woot's in the house last night. Many more to come this series!

Go Adams, Go Rangers.

hollywood
10-21-2011, 09:13 AM
I agree about the weather. It's obvious in baseball that the colder weather plays hell on hitting. The Rangers have a slight advantage there so with the warmer weather, I feel that it's going to be very difficult for the Cards to out hit the Rangers. Breaks and momentum can go either way, but it's going to be difficult for the Cards to win in Texas... hopefully very hard.

Macarthur
10-21-2011, 09:34 AM
I don't think you can overstate how important that 9th inning was. If we go down 2-0, I think it's over. In one inning, I think the entire series has swung in Texas favor. This 2-3-2 format is heavily weighted to the team that has the 3 games in a row IF they can get a split in the first two. Frankly, having home field in this set up is not as big a factor, IMO. Especially if you can get that split.

Farmersfan
10-21-2011, 01:25 PM
I don't think you can overstate how important that 9th inning was. If we go down 2-0, I think it's over. In one inning, I think the entire series has swung in Texas favor. This 2-3-2 format is heavily weighted to the team that has the 3 games in a row IF they can get a split in the first two. Frankly, having home field in this set up is not as big a factor, IMO. Especially if you can get that split.

I agree with this!!!

Macarthur
10-21-2011, 01:35 PM
Man, I've gone back as watched that Elvis play several times and I think given the context, that was the greatest baseball play I have ever seen.

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=19928433&topic_id=11493214

Tejastrue
10-21-2011, 01:43 PM
Man, I've gone back as watched that Elvis play several times and I think given the context, that was the greatest baseball play I have ever seen.

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=19928433&topic_id=11493214

It was indeed an amazing play...if it's not made, good chance the Rangers would be down 2-0 in the series..

Tejastrue
10-21-2011, 01:47 PM
Larussa taking a little heat this time...

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/columns/bernie-miklasz/article_6d7db1b7-9c5b-5467-b637-63eb0f023a4f.html

Macarthur
10-21-2011, 01:52 PM
It was indeed an amazing play...if it's not made, good chance the Rangers would be down 2-0 in the series..

Yeah, it's amazing that you could point to at least a dozen plays seemingly that if it happens differently. I mean go back to the first game; Cruz was about 3 or 4 inches away from that catch or Texas is up 2-0. The play by Elvis or we're down 2-0. Kinsler was obviously safe, but that had to be an amazingly tough call by the ump in the moment. The ump needs to be commended because I think that was an incredibly tough call to make. If Albert cuts off that throw from CF, the game probably goes extra innings. Or if he cuts that off, they don't bring in Rhodes and the RAngers may not even get one run in. Just amazing how small the margin for error is in these games.

I don't think my heart can take much more of this.

Tejastrue
10-21-2011, 02:09 PM
Yeah, it's amazing that you could point to at least a dozen plays seemingly that if it happens differently. I mean go back to the first game; Cruz was about 3 or 4 inches away from that catch or Texas is up 2-0. The play by Elvis or we're down 2-0. Kinsler was obviously safe, but that had to be an amazingly tough call by the ump in the moment. The ump needs to be commended because I think that was an incredibly tough call to make. If Albert cuts off that throw from CF, the game probably goes extra innings. Or if he cuts that off, they don't bring in Rhodes and the RAngers may not even get one run in. Just amazing how small the margin for error is in these games.

For sure the fans who support either team or just people who enjoy watching the game are definitely being rewarded thus far and there's no reason to think the rest of the series will be any different..I'm curious to see what the ratings have been...

hollywood
10-21-2011, 02:15 PM
For sure the fans who support either team or just people who enjoy watching the game are definitely being rewarded thus far and there's no reason to think the rest of the series will be any different..I'm curious to see what the ratings have been...

I agree, it's been a great nail biting series and we're just 2 games into it!:eek

Farmersfan
10-21-2011, 02:26 PM

If you think about how the tone has been set in this series so far by plays or non-plays. Remember Kinsler lead off game 1 with a base hit and then proceeded to get thrown out stealing just 2 pitches later. If Kinsler stays at first it changes the entire way Carpenter is able to pitch and perhaps the Rangers get untracked in the first game. So many different things could be pointed at as the key to how the games turned out.

One of the commentators made a comment that game #1 was the first time in this post season that the "bounces" haven't went the Rangers way with the Cruz narrow miss and other barely missed opportunities. It was his partner who told him he was crazy and mentioned the line drive that bounced over our 3rd baseman's head because it hit the base or the fan that interferred with Hamilton's attempt to catch a fly ball. I don't really think the Rangers have had the benefit of any "Good luck" in these playoffs! Do any of you?

pirate4state
10-21-2011, 02:31 PM
This may not mean much to anyone who is not from Sinton, but it's kinda crazy so I'll share it. :D
(and forgive me if it has already been talked about)

In 1988 Arthur Rhodes was the pitcher for the La Vega Pirates. Sinton beat La Vega in the state championship (4-0)to earn our first state championship. Last night Mike Adams, a Sinton native earns the win and Rhodes gives up the lead. It's just crazy and I'm sure he doesn't even think about it in those terms, but we all know that he can't seem to get past Sinton. haha ;)

Farmersfan
10-21-2011, 02:35 PM
This may not mean much to anyone who is not from Sinton, but it's kinda crazy so I'll share it. :D
(and forgive me if it has already been talked about)

In 1988 Arthur Rhodes was the pitcher for the La Vega Pirates. Sinton beat La Vega in the state championship (4-0)to earn our first state championship. Last night Mike Adams, a Sinton native earns the win and Rhodes gives up the lead. It's just crazy and I'm sure he doesn't even think about it in those terms, but we all know that he can't seem to get past Sinton. haha ;)

Do you think Arthur Rhodes had 1988 flashbacks????? It could happen!!!! :clap:

Tin Cup
10-21-2011, 02:39 PM
I would have loved seeing Ogando come in and blow Craig away. I hope Ogando still has his confidence moving forward. We won't win this series if he doesn't have success

hollywood
10-21-2011, 02:48 PM
I would have loved seeing Ogando come in and blow Craig away. I hope Ogando still has his confidence moving forward. We won't win this series if he doesn't have success

I so hope he has another chance! Oh how sweet it would be to see Ogando strike him out the next time.

Farmersfan
10-21-2011, 02:52 PM

He will probably be ok if someone would tell him to NOT THROW THE LOW & OUTSIDE FASTBALL!!!!!! Both hits he gave up to Craig were located in the exact same place. Napoli had his glove set up high and inside and Ogando acted like that spot had a magnet on it.................... If I were Wash Ogando would intentional walk Craig if he comes up in that situation again..............

Macarthur
10-21-2011, 03:15 PM
If you think about how the tone has been set in this series so far by plays or non-plays. Remember Kinsler lead off game 1 with a base hit and then proceeded to get thrown out stealing just 2 pitches later. If Kinsler stays at first it changes the entire way Carpenter is able to pitch and perhaps the Rangers get untracked in the first game. So many different things could be pointed at as the key to how the games turned out.

One of the commentators made a comment that game #1 was the first time in this post season that the "bounces" haven't went the Rangers way with the Cruz narrow miss and other barely missed opportunities. It was his partner who told him he was crazy and mentioned the line drive that bounced over our 3rd baseman's head because it hit the base or the fan that interferred with Hamilton's attempt to catch a fly ball. I don't really think the Rangers have had the benefit of any "Good luck" in these playoffs! Do any of you?

You know, my impression is that the Rangers have neither gotten a lot of breaks and not a lot that have gone against them. As opposed to last year's WS, it was clear that every bounce of the ball went SF's way.

Tin Cup
10-21-2011, 03:30 PM
You gotta hit location. When you don't you are just average against big leaguers

Phil C
10-21-2011, 05:37 PM
A great win! We needed to at least get a split with them and we got it! Way to fight back Rangers. Now we need to at least win 2 of 3 at home and go back with a 3-2 edge. Of course a home sweep would be even better. Go Rangers!